AR achievements

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Why do they promote selfish play? Seriously anet? You make a dungeon for 5 people and then you put in acheivements that promote selfish play?

How can anyone think this was a good idea?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Which achievements promote selfish play for the dungeon?

Faster than light requires you to work as a team to beat all of the golems. You have to keep moving otherwise the wall will get you. I have yet to see anyone who is not contributing.

Personal Space requires you to avoid the cannons from Horrik. You likely will fail the achievement if you get downed so it’s in your best interest to stay alive. A lot of the time you don’t know which shots are from Horrik. You’re doing the team a big favor by staying alive.

Unfriendly Skies requires you to work as a team to beat the two bosses in under 15 minutes. You obviously have to work as a team to do this.

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

1. Those going for a particular last achievement leave. Because the dungeon is time-consuming. So thy have to find another team.
2. Those who do not understand achievement descriptions do the opposite of what they are supposed to do. For example, to remove Mai’s shield, players must lure her into Horrik’s electric fields. Instead, thinking those fields are the AoEs they have to avoid, people move as far away as possible, triggering the surekill projectile Mai uses on those reviving or far away. Of course, they won’t dodge the thing, so they get killed, and the rest of the party goes after them.
Seeing people die all over the place and wasting their time, time hey could be using to try the achievements again, people leave.
3. Lots of pople is asking for experienced players and claiming to be experienced, but once inside they get killed in no time.

You can’t control what others do. Way too often they won’t even read the chat. With a fractal or a dungeon, you can just come back later.
But with this, its NOW OR NEVER.

All comes down to time.
This dungeon and these achievements can be time-consuming. But they have an expiration date.

This puts a pressure and stress on those who keep getting bad pugs and builds up a bad atmosphere with the dungeon.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All of those happen in the regular game as well. It’;s not just tied to those particular achievements.

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

All of those happen in the regular game as well. It’;s not just tied to those particular achievements.

The problem is the time restriciton to get those achis.

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

The problem is the time restriciton to get those achis.

This.

I’m lucky and I’m in a very nice guild where we can help each other “cheat” this achievements (for example you can go out of the dungeon and return to get the lasers and cannon achievements if you touched one, but you must return in time, another way for the lasers is to die at the beginning and no one res you, one member of our guild managed to solo the lasers part twice). For example when the NULL dungeon came I discovered a guide by another user here and me and the other officers of my guild quickly organized groups to make sure no one missed the achievements if they were interested.

But not everyone is as lucky to be part of a good community/guild and they will have a hard time with this.

I’m completly fine with HARD content, but only as long as it’s either permanent or recurrent (like probably the clock tower jumping puzzle will be) as you can always get them in the future.

When they’re part of temporal content you’re in a hurry for it and not everyone will get them because they’re hard and depend on multiple factors.

I know no one HAVE TO finish all them, but when we got all those achievement tabs, it “looks bad” if you didn’t fill them in the sense that you will NEVER fill those bars. Those achievements are the things the developers though you should experience during the content (though I still don’t know why making 50 sexy dances in front of burning efigies was something I HAD to experience according to the achievement designers when 5, maybe 10 were more than enough to show them without making them tedious, the holograms at least allowed for some farming), but here it’s like with the Crabtacular achievement: hard todo lists on temporal content. You can have one or the other, but the combination can get into some player’s heads.

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m completly fine with HARD content, but only as long as it’s either permanent or recurrent (like probably the clock tower jumping puzzle will be) as you can always get them in the future.

When they’re part of temporal content you’re in a hurry for it and not everyone will get them because they’re hard and depend on multiple factors.

I would think that this is something that we can all agree on…

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: cereece.8610

cereece.8610

I also think that using hard content as a gateway to the rest of the Living Story content is a bad idea. Ok, hard dungeon is hard, I get that. My little group may never manage it. I don’t really have a problem with that, per se. But I likely will not get the meta or the cute mini-pet because I am not good with jumping puzzles like OS or with fights that involve jumping on crates under fire with beams bearing down on me.

It’s ok to have hard content, but when hard content is a barrier to finishing the Living Story content (you can’t question Mai Trin if you never capture her), then it’s kinda not the best planning to make an event that a reasonable amount of your playerbase will never see.

And I quit WoW because all their raids devolved into this kind of platformer Super Mario Brothers kind of boss fight. I’m not a platformer player and honestly if I were, I’d be playing a platformer locally not on a server a country away. I loved GW1 with its bosses that had skills that you could equip, with maybe a monster skill or two. I’d much rather build an appropriate bar than have to make precision jumps.

So, we’ve now had two platformer bosses in a row, Mai Trin and NULL. If that’s the way Living Story is going to be in GuildWars 2, I guess they just don’t want old gamers like me to be able to play.

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Kantankerus.6081

Kantankerus.6081

Yeah, not happy with these achievements…as a casual completionist, no way I’m gonna be able to get them in time. Would have been one thing if the dungeon was designed to be soloable so one could keep trying on their own, efficiently using 100% of their time pursuing the achievement, but when you have to rely on others, often strangers, those with limited time are out of luck, especially if it has to be done in a 2 week period. I could see this if the dungeon was permanent but not for temporary content. Boooooo Anet.

(edited by Kantankerus.6081)

AR achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I am also not happy at all with the timer on it. I am working hard as I can to finish this and I will sadly not be able to get the Unfriendly Sky one cause its too late, too hard to find pugs to do it. We had some good attempts but people get tired and work and such. Lost enough sleep in hopes I would get it but our last attempt while good was not good enough so ended emtpy handed.