Aether dungeon needs radical nerfing

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fatmancantrun.6451

Fatmancantrun.6451

the end boss is virtually impossible with pugs, and i don’t see how new people to this game can get any of the achievements… its unfair the dungeon needs some radical changes, either give mai massive bleeds, shadowstep or a 1 hit kill move but not all 3. i spent 3 hours in a guild run on this dungeon on the end battle and we did not get it accomplished, this should not happen… the cannon firing lasts too long… please nerf the dungeon so thakittens doable with pugs or at least manageable with guild on ts…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Achievement:
noun
1. A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
2. The process or fact of achieving something.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

nope, this dungeon does not need a nerf. it’s perfectly fine the way it is.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

The only thing that needs to be changed is Kiel being a lazy kitten who won’t move.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They only need to change that fight with Frizz…namely the golem pull and the small laser being faster than the big one.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: regendo.7521

regendo.7521

There’s nothing wrong with the small laser being faster than the big one. The only thing annoying with this encounter is the pulling and pushing done by the golems, and I’d agree that this should be nerfed a bit (perhaps make their moves have a longer cooldown).

I also think that the final boss (forgot the woman’s name) should deal a bit less damage. Other than that, I think everything’s alright. It’s a dungeon that’s supposed to be difficult. It currently is, and with the (very minor) changes I suggested it would still be a challenging encounter.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I am not sure if I would say it needs nerfing; however, I’d like to see the cannon part changed.

Running around in a circle with your team, or side-stepping out of red circles isn’t exactly fun and doesn’t test our skill of our professions.

I’d like to see CC be more important in this fight. For example, the cannon phase can exist as is, but the solution should be reflects, push/pulls and interrupts, and not a little game of dance.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Aragorn.3824

Aragorn.3824

please make this Sky Pirates of Tyria dungeon easier, i spent 2 hours on it and did not get past the room with the champ Frizz.
and i only have 2 hours to play a day and i have gotten all the titles there are for Special events and i don’t want to miss out on this one

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Finished the dungeon for the first time with my guild. 4 were new and guided by 1 who just did the dungeon and we had lots of fun. And we didn’t have TS at all.

Sure it was challenging, but i felt the bosses were great. The whole dungeon didn’t feel very draggy (unlike Molten Facility where i thought it was a little TOO long)
There is no need to nerf anything. Great dungeon overall.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

pretty easy to counter. Get some toughness and condition removal.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jify.9361

Jify.9361

No changes needed! Just stop the NPC from bugging out and sitting still 8(

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I had no problem pugging this dung. The last boss everyone kept on her, dodged out before the blast hit, then restacked. For the explosions we all just scattered and dodged circles. It was easy.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: starlesskc.4987

starlesskc.4987

Anet has finally given its player base a more challenging dungeon. No other dungeon requires such group coordination and im relieved to finally see this kind of content. I dont think any changes are necessary, and this is a great hint at what future dungeons/fractals are to come! Thank god for sky pirates

Ranger for life; Kizos Awan for president

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d like to see CC be more important in this fight. For example, the cannon phase can exist as is, but the solution should be reflects, push/pulls and interrupts, and not a little game of dance.

Incidentally, Wall of reflection i took for this battle due to both bosses having ranged attacks turned out to be completely useless, as every ranged attack there was unreflectable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

funny, just finished it for the first time with a pug, first try wearing full zerker; must be user error. Have you tried switching it off and on again?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

oh no, i have to use different utilities für mai trin to remove bleeds, that
are completely avoidable anyway! oh no, i need some situational awareness
for frizz to not get grilled by lasers! “plox nerf, so i can faceroll this dungeon”
is all i hear

the end boss is virtually impossible with pugs, and i don’t see how new people to this game can get any of the achievements… its unfair the dungeon needs some radical changes, either give mai massive bleeds, shadowstep or a 1 hit kill move but not all 3. i spent 3 hours in a guild run on this dungeon on the end battle and we did not get it accomplished, this should not happen… the cannon firing lasts too long… please nerf the dungeon so thakittens doable with pugs or at least manageable with guild on ts…

oh and i did the dungeon exclusively with pugs. seems like a player issue if you can’t finish it :/

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

It’s not even hard. I don’t don’t get it; I just do not understand. What do you guys want? To stand perfectly still and autoattack? Oh wait…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Seriously, what happened to the days where people didn’t expect to walk into a dungeon and beat it with no effort.

I cleared this with my first pug, where it was everyone’s first time. To say it’s unbeatable is ridiculous.

This dungeon should be the minimum difficulty standard from now on.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

no. I did it 6 times so far with JUST PUGS and I can’t complain.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

PokerTuna.6170

Achievement:
noun
1. A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.
2. The process or fact of achieving something.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Anet spoiled the player base that is why everyone complains anytime anything somewhat challenging is added. 3/4 of the other bosses in this game are a joke people get so use to fighting easy bosses then they fight something more difficult and start yelling “NERF we can’t kill this boss by auto attacking and have to actually think for once”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

PokerTuna.6170

I think Fatmancantrun came here straight from WoW and expects to just tank and spank stuff.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

I agree that there are some aspects that need adjusted.

Frizz, in particular, needs to be a little bit easier so people who are new to dungeons can play it. It scales people up to lvl80, leading me to believe everyone is supposed to play it.

Also, not every PUG group is going to be equal, it sucks that I have to try over and over again because people are told they can do it at a low lvl by a-net and then get frustrated and quit at the Frizz fight. I don’t like to demand that people be 80 for every dungeon run I go on (because I wouldn’t like it if people did that to me and I was low lvl).

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

This dungeon is ridiculous for anyone not rocking a guardian or warrior. I’m running a fullvit toughness thief and between the bots pulling me into the lasers on the first boss and mia’s undodgeable shadowshot it’s a slow and agitating death. Meanwhile i watched a guardian solo Mia almost to death on the last phase between the armor and healing they could pump out.

I have a feeling the people claiming this dungeon is fine aren’t playing the squishy classes.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think it’s a mistake to make such difficult content temporary. They can always bring it back later as a fractal and use fractal scaling to create a much more challenging difficulty.

Content that is only around for a couple of weeks, especially a group dungeon, should be easily accessible and able to be completed by everyone, especially when it’s a big part of the story.

The dungeon is basically fractal design, intended to be repeated and perfected multiple times by organised groups and tailored builds. Something like that shouldn’t be limited to a two week period.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

No need for nerfing it just make it unavailable for beginners. They suck at it so bad

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

PokerTuna.6170

I am a guardian so ur right, I don’t. But I’ve played with all other classes and we did fine. Tip: she shadowsteps if ur too war away from her.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Let me rephrase myself. The dungeon itself is a cake walk, mobs are easy and the bosses are lack luster, the mechanics are severely broken

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I did this dungeon once with a PUG and retiered after 8-ish tries on Last boss.

My thoughts;
This is a dungeon accesable by all players who have reached LA, this dungeon is meant to be fun for all players, not only level 80 and old GW2 veterans that have played the game since release and done all dungeons in the game.
As it seems now I have got that totaly wrong.

Playing a dungeon at level 80 = Normal mode
Playing a dungeon at level <80 = Harder the lower you get.

It’s all about learning to play, yes yes I know and I am realy darn good at this game and I could solo this dungeon but as I am dodging and blocking and so on, my skills comes to a point where they all are on CD.

So I need a group to give me some time between the attacks some disturbence for the boss, Okay but now two of them are level 30 and it’s their first level 30 chars.
We go through the whole dungeon with ease and I say this dungeon is Easy, we get to first boss and third time we did it, with a little tactics and all 3 level 80 going full melee since one Robot uses reflect shield every 2 seconds.

Second part get’s hard, we die a few times becouse some rush to fast or just bad placement but when that’s all figured out it goes perfect.
It’s realy enjoying it’s working as I think a dungeon should.

Last boss…. !!! It’s like shoving your head in a brick wall…
Our level 30 warrior goes down with one hit, we try to rez him but Trin pummels away at him while having 3 rezzers and health going up and down like a joyo, a big circle appears rezzers with low health dodge and rezzers with good health stays, warrior dies anyway, boss fools around for a while while we try to kite her around the dancefloor and also rezzing our dead warrior, now! We can finally do damage.

Trin decides to jump for the other rookie and she is down, and we succesfully rez her and just when she is up she goes down from dodging trins attack right into a blast circle.

Level 30 in this dungeon: Less health, less DPS, less armor, less skills, less Traits… Common it’s not only player skills that matters though it’s a big-reason to victory in this game (And I like that), a level 30 has to be a veteran to succesfully manage atleast this dungeon.

I don’t mind a challange, but first I wan’t to enjoy the game and the story and then I want extreme challange… It realy is time A-net released Easy mode and hard mode now since there are so many of us with different opinions about how hard a game should be, GW1 got hard mode for later on elitists so I think in time GW2 will too.

And since this dungeon is only for a short time, it should be possible to be done by new players aswell, but now it feels like you say ‘Live with it or level up before it ends then

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I love it.

But it should really be a hard mode. It’s way too difficult for most PUGs.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Folie.7980

Folie.7980

@EdgarMTanaka

By your logic, Caudecus’s Manor should be possible for people with levels ranging from 1-15 because it’s accessible in an area where people level 1-15 can go. It’s full of level 80 enemies, so common logic should show that it’s meant for characters at level 80. You’re not missing out on a crucial part of the game because you can’t access it. The only item that people will get out of it that you won’t if you miss it is the mini for getting 12 achievements. Don’t worry, when others get to level 80 there’ll be a lot of other chances for them to take part in something like this.

#magswag
bad player/10

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The Manor doesn’t come with an expiration date. It’s place you stumble upon early and then revisit. It’s going to be really hard for ArenaNet to get new blood into the game when they insist on making everything so limited.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Folie.7980

The Manor doesn’t come with an expiration date. It’s place you stumble upon early and then revisit. It’s going to be really hard for ArenaNet to get new blood into the game when they insist on making everything so limited.

You just completely ignored the second part of my post. This is a TIMER BASED EVENT with LIMITED REWARDS tied specifically to it. If you miss it, there will be PLENTY OF OTHERS like this to be a part of. This is NOT a major part of the game, this is maybe about 2% of temporary content of the game.

#magswag
bad player/10

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I did it with a pug.
Granted, we took too long to kill the last boss and I couldn’t get that achievement (the one about shooting a ship or something). Also, I still couldn’t run it again so I couldn’t focus on getting Faster Than Light or Personal Space, but I shall try again next weekend. We only wiped once, at the first boss, but once we understood what was happening we could finish the rest of the dungeon easily.
Communicating with your party plays a big role in that new dungeon.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

@EdgarMTanaka

By your logic, Caudecus’s Manor should be possible for people with levels ranging from 1-15 because it’s accessible in an area where people level 1-15 can go. It’s full of level 80 enemies, so common logic should show that it’s meant for characters at level 80. You’re not missing out on a crucial part of the game because you can’t access it. The only item that people will get out of it that you won’t if you miss it is the mini for getting 12 achievements. Don’t worry, when others get to level 80 there’ll be a lot of other chances for them to take part in something like this.

You are not auto leveled to level 80 when entering CM and it does not go away in a few weeks and it something you can look forward to do when you get level 40-45, but with AR you have to hurryhurryhurrypowerlevelingpowerlevelinghurryhurry or you will miss that story and that experience. thank you very much.
But yea my “logic” fails, it’s no where said that this dungeon is for players <80 it actually says Reccomended level 80, nice finger from A-net to new-players.

Crucial part!? How about I want to experience the story in the dungeon before it ends? Everything is not only about achievement’s, and I am not talking about myself I talk about the new to this game players that want’s to take part in this “one time event” and the new players invited by their GW2 playing friends who will face this brick wall and not all but many will surely get a bad taste of GW2 like this.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Folie.7980

@EdgarMTanaka

You are not auto leveled to level 80 when entering CM and it does not go away in a few weeks and it something you can look forward to do when you get level 40-45, but with AR you have to hurryhurryhurrypowerlevelingpowerlevelinghurryhurry or you will miss that story and that experience. thank you very much.
But yea my “logic” fails, it’s no where said that this dungeon is for players <80 it actually says Reccomended level 80, nice finger from A-net to new-players.

Crucial part!? How about I want to experience the story in the dungeon before it ends? Everything is not only about achievement’s, and I am not talking about myself I talk about the new to this game players that want’s to take part in this “one time event” and the new players invited by their GW2 playing friends who will face this brick wall and not all but many will surely get a bad taste of GW2 like this.

THE CONTENT. IS NOT. CRUCIAL. OR LARGE.
It’s literally like, maybe, 1 hour of gameplay you’re missing, and new people wouldn’t find it fun because it’s challenging and better suited towards players who have done dungeons before. Where has Anet stated that they want to include every single player in this content? Right, nowhere. By nature, all MMOs have a LOT of content exclusive to certain types of players. If people cannot handle this common fact, then they are better off not playing MMOs because then they will start complaining about things being exclusive to people who can put in more time, like legendary weapons. If there is nothing that only experienced players can achieve, then what’s the point of experienced players continuing to play this game? After this event is done, I can promise that most people will barely miss the content because once you get out of your short-sighted view, you can realize that this is not very much content at all. It’s SUPPOSED to be hard and just because levels are upscaled doesn’t mean it’s meant for new, low-level players (see also: introduction of southsun cove)

This is NOT a brick wall because there is literally HUNDREDS of hours of other content past this that is accessible at ALL TIMES and if you run into this thinking that because you couldn’t take part in a limited timer event you’re going to be consistently locked out of other content in the game then you’re probably better off not playing this game.

#magswag
bad player/10

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Aragorn.3824

Aragorn.3824

can some one give me some idea of how to beat the champ in that lighting room?:D

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

After completing this dungeon, only 2 things need to be adjusted, and both are for the bosses.

For Frixx, just get rid of the Golem pulling and that fight will be perfect (since getting hit by the lasers is enough to almost kill you instantly).

For the duo at the end, please lower the cannon barrage time from 1 minute to 30 or 45 seconds. While 1 minute doesn’t seem like too long out of game, ingame it feels like an eternity, and made the duo harder than it needed to be (meaning we only wiped on the barrage, never on the duo themselves).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gildan Bladeborn.2198

Gildan Bladeborn.2198

The Frizz fight is annoying but not all THAT bad once you have the hang of it (the golems probably shouldn’t be able to pull quite that often, or at all, but whatever), but the Mai Trin and Horrik fight? Egad is that just not fun in any way shape or form. And I don’t mean the mechanics of the boss fight itself are “too hard” and because I “can’t do it” it should be “nerfed to the ground”, I mean it’s just plain old NOT FUN.

Why is it not fun? Because when you get Mai down to 75%, you have to RUN AROUND FOR ALMOST A MINUTE just dodging AoE circles from cannons. And then when you get her down to 50%, you get to run around dodging AoE circles that appear faster now for OVER A MINUTE, and at 25%? It’s practically 2 SOLID MINUTES FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY!!

HOW on earth did anyone on the design team think that was entertaining? The boss fight itself is fine really, the parts where you actually GET to fight the bosses – any decent group should be able to work out the method for dispatching the pair of them without too much trouble (the shadow-stepping is very annoying of course), but making us run around like chickens with our heads cut off for 1 minute and 50 seconds before we finally get to fight the boss again, with nothing we can do other than just “not die” from the “extremely overabundant” AoE? How is that fun?

There are literally no other boss fights anywhere in the game that have a mechanic that obnoxious – if a boss goes invincible and ports out of harms way, we either have to do something, fight more mobs, or just wait maybe 20s tops for whatever they’re doing to finish, but whatever the mechanic the sense that player agency in the fight has been completely suspended and “here are some bullkitten circles to dodge now” isn’t present.

The FIRST barrage’s length should be what they ramp up to for the THIRD bloody barrage (if you needed to ramp it up at all, I’d say that you do not, a 20 second barrage each 25% health increment would have been fine), starting 10 seconds shy of a full minute before the bosses come back with phase 1 only to make it longer and longer on phases 2 and 3? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!??

Don’t change the damage, don’t change the fight mechanics, don’t change anything else really (other than the blocking bug with Kiel, definitely fix that), but please for the love of all that is holy SHORTEN THE BLASTED CANNON BARRAGES, running in circles for that long isn’t fun and I don’t know how anyone here can possibly suggest otherwise.

After completing this dungeon, only 2 things need to be adjusted, and both are for the bosses.

For Frixx, just get rid of the Golem pulling and that fight will be perfect (since getting hit by the lasers is enough to almost kill you instantly).

For the duo at the end, please lower the cannon barrage time from 1 minute to 30 or 45 seconds. While 1 minute doesn’t seem like too long out of game, ingame it feels like an eternity, and made the duo harder than it needed to be (meaning we only wiped on the barrage, never on the duo themselves).

The group I ran it with never even came close to wiping on the actual bosses either, just that bloody stupidly long barrage. It’s not just in game that makes a minute feel like an eternity though, back when I was working in customer service we had a training seminar where the presenter asked everyone to just sit there and wait for a while, and then try to guess how long it was, the point being that while only a minute had elapsed, everyone in the audience felt like they’d been sitting there with nothing to do for 5.

ANet made the second and third barrages OVER 1 minute – everyone in vent with me was astonished at just how long they kept firing the first time the cannons went active, and it only gets longer!

Ceia Mirschail is my mesmer, and I am one of [SLVR]’s overachievers.
Ehmry Bay for life!

(edited by Gildan Bladeborn.2198)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Doctor Drew.4613

Doctor Drew.4613

SIX HOURS!
I just spent SIX HOURS trying to get through this dungeon! XD
I wouldn’t mind so much except the end rewards were just so bleh. It’s a much, much harder instance than most of the other ones out there, but the rewards are exactly the same. And I’m assuming the monacle has a very low drop rate since nobody in my group got it… so it’s going to be like that, is it?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Folie.7980

I’m a casual player and with a party of my guild members, we were able to complete this first try with a couple of wipes in about 1 hour-1.5 hours
Please stop spreading the rumor that this is impossible, because that is FAR from the truth. Just because it takes actual skill and you cant just faceroll it like a lot of the other dungeons does NOT mean it’s impossible

#magswag
bad player/10

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

It isn’t impossible with a pug. I finished this dungeon on the first day when two rangers in the party. Finished it again later in less than 1 hour. After that I helped a group finish the final boss in one try. All of these groups were pug.

The problem is people need to use the right abilities, traits, and utilities for different parts of the dungeon. And proactively play the game instead of passively like 4 war 1 mes cof p1 run.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

This is the best dungeon in the game it doesn’t need nerfed..I will say it’s not for casual players. It’s one of those go hard or gtfo dungeons. I’ve completed it a few times already and I wish they wouldn’t take it out.

[DnT] Thief Main

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I think it’s a mistake to make such difficult content temporary. They can always bring it back later as a fractal and use fractal scaling to create a much more challenging difficulty.

Content that is only around for a couple of weeks, especially a group dungeon, should be easily accessible and able to be completed by everyone, especially when it’s a big part of the story.

The dungeon is basically fractal design, intended to be repeated and perfected multiple times by organised groups and tailored builds. Something like that shouldn’t be limited to a two week period.

^^ this

As a casual player, I feel the dungeon setup can use a bit of adjustment. For instance: offer level of difficulties rather than just story or explorable. When I see the word “story” I think of something that is fun without a great deal of difficulty and “explorable” as, just that, some place to explore.

I hear a lot of my guild mates complaining about the imbalances and problems with the dungeons in the game as they are currently setup. But they really felt this “temporary” dungeon was beyond reason.

We have a lot of guildies who are not online very often or for very long when they do get online to play. To have something that is an easy mode (similar to the Wintersday or Super Adventure Box) would suit them just fine. Since this dungeon will go away in a few weeks, and for it to be so difficult for those folks, takes away the fun in guiding them through on a guild dungeon run.

I would really like to see this dungeon adjusted or have another option to tone it down so we can actually enjoy it.

I do not think you have to take difficulty away from those players who want it, but I do think offering something less intense for folks who are not that interested in difficulty but fun, would enhance the offerings.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

The canon part needs a REALLY substantial nerf. We ran it with 100% guildies and kept getting nailed by the canons. Not every profession has access to vigor…

!

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Pandalishus.8426

Pandalishus.8426

I had no problem pugging this dung.

Huhuh. You said dung.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

This is the type of dungeon GW2 needs more off. It’s very challenging, like a dungeon is meant to be. Now of course casuals are gonna hate it, and hardcore’s hopefully will appreciate this.

Now the only issue imo is that since this is temporary content only, the difficulty of it is unfair to casuals because they don’t have the readiness to complete such content in a short period of time. If it was permanent content I really believe that in time they would come to understand the mechanics of it and go on from there. Right now they will just try and rush it and fail miserably and not get to enjoy everything that has been given to them.

That is why there should be an easy and hard difficulty option. This way casuals can enjoy the content and hardcore players can too. Everybody wins!

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is the type of dungeon GW2 needs more off. It’s very challenging, like a dungeon is meant to be. Now of course casuals are gonna hate it, and hardcore’s hopefully will appreciate this.

Now the only issue imo is that since this is temporary content only, the difficulty of it is unfair to casuals because they don’t have the readiness to complete such content in a short period of time. If it was permanent content I really believe that in time they would come to understand the mechanics of it and go on from there. Right now they will just try and rush it and fail miserably and not get to enjoy everything that has been given to them.

That is why there should be an easy and hard difficulty option. This way casuals can enjoy the content and hardcore players can too. Everybody wins!

Actually we have already heard from our guild mates that they intend to ignore this dungeon completely. Its too bad really, since many of them can actually do quite well in dungeons if they had the time to learn the mechanics without rushing through for the achievement.

These same guildies are just now doing fractals…and fractals have been in the game for quite some time now.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

My only issue is if you reflect her bullet it teleports you to her(which annoys me as a mesmer when i rez people it puts reflects up. i know i could take the talent off for that fight but it is safer for the other people rezzing the same person that if i get teleported they dont get messed up themselves).

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

No, this completely sucks.

I don’t ever intend on coming back to this instance unless it gets NERFED.
TO THE GROUND.

way too hard for it to be considered ‘fun’