Aetherblade Farming

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

Intentionally designed to influence farming the Aetherblade Caches??? Perhaps make the Aetherblades spawn at a higher rate when approaching the Hologram Projectors? It doesn’t bother me that players are farming the caches. But why make it the most efficient way to complete the achievement?

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s not. There are maps in each of the zones that have wide-open area’s that nobody goes to. In these wide-open area’s, you have 4+ Holographic Projectors. By running around in circles with Swiftness, you’ll be able to hit them all with no problem.

I got all my achievements through this method, especially since nobody is going for Projectors anymore.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you can guest 3 server.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

thx for the feedback!

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s not. There are maps in each of the zones that have wide-open area’s that nobody goes to. In these wide-open area’s, you have 4+ Holographic Projectors. By running around in circles with Swiftness, you’ll be able to hit them all with no problem.

I got all my achievements through this method, especially since nobody is going for Projectors anymore.

^^ This ^^

When holo projectors launched at the begining of Dragon Bash many players were camping the ones in the lowest level maps. I saw people literally standing at the same one waiting for them to respawn. I asked a few why they were doing this and they said they wanted to get the achievement done. This was the first/second day. Anyway, I just went about my business going here and there doing my thing and hit them as I ran across them. I think I got that achievement done in 3-4 days.

The Burninator

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sekhmet.8437

Sekhmet.8437

anyone know for sure the number of chess that exist in second Aetherblade site ?

Thank you

Princess of darkness ^^

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

There’s 3 caches. One at the start by the consoles, one on the lower deck of airship, and one in the water where you are supposed to dive into with goggles. And of course, there’s the magnificent chest at the end of the JP on a platform off the east edge of the top of blimp.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

There’s 3 caches. One at the start by the consoles, one on the lower deck of airship, and one in the water where you are supposed to dive into with goggles. And of course, there’s the magnificent chest at the end of the JP on a platform off the east edge of the top of blimp.

WHA?!

On the start? U mean before the bridges with lightning?

Lower deck of airship – after the final boss?

What jp? The jumping buttons?

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Having troubles finding aetherblades outside of the caches? Let’s bring it to Arenanet’s attention https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/skypirates/No-more-aetherblades-in-nodes

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Yup same problem .. I spent two hours running around in Diessa, Ashford Plains, Fields of Ruin, and Fireheart Rise … no aetherblades at any of the projectors. I tried to enter Vexa’s Lab, but no one else was around and I couldn’t kill the boss by myself. So I couldn’t proceed any further. At that point I was so frustrated, I quit looking. Yesterday I ran around Diessa and had no problem finding groups of Aetherblades, today nothing. I just need 23 more. Hopefully they’ll spawn better tomorrow.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I tried to enter Vexa’s Lab, but no one else was around and I couldn’t kill the boss by myself. So I couldn’t proceed any further. At that point I was so frustrated, I quit looking.

In Vexxa’s lab, the cache is before the boss room, directly after the grid with the golems that try to push you off. You don’t have to do the boss fight.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Rosen Myst.7641

No not the final boss .. I mean when you first enter you have to kill some mobs to open a doorway. That’s where there’s a veteran type that I couldn’t solo. I never made it to any golems.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Unless you are very underleveled, you shouldn’t have problems with a single veteran.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Rosen Myst.7641

Have you fought him before? He’s not like most veteran mobs. If so give me tips instead of assuming I’m underleveled. I am a ranger for one thing. Secondly, once he aggros on me I can’t shake him. That’s the problem. If I stop to attack him he’s on top of me with huge damage. If I kite him, my pet doesn’t seem to do enough damage and sooner or later I die. I have tried activating traps and rooting him but he seems immune or breaks loose almost immediately. So that’s the reason I’ve never made it into Vexa’s Lab. I’m sure a warrior or guardian would have no problems here.

(edited by Rosen Myst.7641)

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Have you fought him before? He’s not like most veteran mobs. If so give me tips instead of assuming I’m underleveled. I am a ranger for one thing. Secondly, once he aggros on me I can’t shake him. That’s the problem. If I stop to attack him he’s on top of me with huge damage. If I kite him, my pet doesn’t seem to do enough damage and sooner or later I die. I have tried activating traps and rooting him but he seems immune or breaks loose almost immediately. So that’s the reason I’ve never made it into Vexa’s Lab. I’m sure a warrior or guardian would have no problems here.

I get through this no problem on my Ranger…sounds like a L2P problem.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Intentionally designed to influence farming the Aetherblade Caches??? Perhaps make the Aetherblades spawn at a higher rate when approaching the Hologram Projectors? It doesn’t bother me that players are farming the caches. But why make it the most efficient way to complete the achievement?

Here are my data:
On the Blackgate Server, I ran around the Plains of Ashford and set off hologram nodes and wait for them to reset. I got Aetherblade spawns 7 out of 18 times. This does NOT count the original activation of the nodes to reset them.

In Fields of Ruin, I did the same thing. I got spawns 6 out of 22 times (none on the first 9 attempts).

Verdict: this is a slow, frustrating way to farm Aetherblades.

However, if you want non-Ascalon Aetherblades, there are easier options. The dungeon and jumping puzzle give you plenty of spawns for Kryta. Aetherblades spawn rapidly (3 every 1.5-2 minutes) around the witnesses in Snowden Drifts and Caledon Forest. I got my Shiverpeaks achievement in a littel over half and hour. I got more than 50% of my Maguuma one in 20 minutes.

Warning: in Maguuma near the witness, Aetherblades spawn at level 20 while you are down-scaled to level 20. This makes the fights a bit more interesting than they would normally be.

Aetherblade Farming

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

The best way I found to farm Aetherblades was to sit around the JP and kill them as they spawn. A ton spawn on the ship and on that deck where Mesmers are always porting from, and with all of the people in Gendarran there was always someone to talk to and make the time pass faster

Hoopa doopa.