Dungeon is work not fun

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Viking.1285

Viking.1285

Oh no, we can´t finish the dungeon while beeing half asleep and in under 10 minutes, this is so unfair, please nerf Anet!

come on guys.. step up your game

I did the dungeon yesterday with a PUG, wiped once at the golem fight and two times at the end boss. Took us some time but it was fun.

Although I agree with the rather small rewards. It would have been cool if you can get the new armor skins through the dungeon, or at least one piece and the rest from other stuff and not just from the gemstore.

[LNS]Lina Invers
Elementalmage
Legion Night Stalker – We stalk the Night

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

The dungeon is great, if you can’t finish it that is your problem.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I wiped lots on the Golems but then again it was fun and I like the mechanics, I like how you need to actually think about the dungeon to complete it.

I will definitely be back for it.

Does anyone have any tips on predicting/avoiding the pulls on those Golems that pretty much 1 hit kill into the lasers fields?

BOOM

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I’ll try it later with my 80 engi which is not full exo yet(I’m not playing focused on gear) and is running glass cannon most of the time(the only thing I can change is the traits won’t buy toughness or vitality gear to play a temporary dungeon). I’m a dungeon noob – don’t even care about the achievements that much(12 possible without dungeon) but I want to see a bit if the story.

I hope it is not that hard… for a temporary dungeon where you can’t train and where new players and upscaled chars also might want to do it to see the story it might not be a good idea if it was too hard(then there should be a permanent version – explo mode that stays after Sky Pirates and gets unlocked at the end).

Well… if the party dies often because of me(noob) then it’s not my faul. ;-) ArenaNet made me go there by making it temporary. Of course I’ll try to get as many achievements as possible – and want to see temporary story/dialogues(at least the basic achievements I want… that kill boss within 15 minutes, don’t get hit by AoE stuff I don’t need).

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

“DON’T LISTEN TO THEM ANET…you are doing the right thing giving people a challenge.”

Challenge does not necessarily equal fun content. A challenge is only fun as long as it captures your desire to overcome it. If it just feels like an exercise in frustration, it isn’t fun anymore. From what I’ve read in other threads a lot of people complain about the mechanics in the GW2 dungeons. They say they’re not hard just not fun. So Anet needs to create a team of dungeon designers that knows how to make fun, interesting dungeons like the Molten Alliance Facilities Dungeon. Then you’ll see many more people willing to attempt group dungeons instead of complaining about them.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Finished it 4 times already. I have the under 15 minutes achievement and FTL. Did it only in random parties.. Its hard but not that hard!)

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I hope it is not that hard… for a temporary dungeon where you can’t train and where new players and upscaled chars also might want to do it to see the story it might not be a good idea if it was too hard(then there should be a permanent version – explo mode that stays after Sky Pirates and gets unlocked at the end).

I do wish they’d stop upscaling everyone really. After the initial surge of interest few groups seem to take lowbies anyway. I don’t think there is anything wrong with having the main event/story content as L80 only – or does each living story really draw in so many new players who absolutelydefinitelymust take part before bothering to level?

I didn’t find the dungeon too hard. ArenaNet do seem to have this obsession with “let’s make it harder by stunlocking people”, but even with the golems with the stun shields and the rotating laser stun walls it’s not bad. A lot of it is in the preparation – knowing what is coming up – so you can switch out weapons and utilities to suit. I kept all my stability skills for the final boss fight thinking that since the rest of the dungeon had been very “stunny” the final boss fight would be worse on that score, but it wasn’t. Additional condition removal would have been nice there. Live and learn.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Jam.4521

Finished it 4 times already. I have the under 15 minutes achievement and FTL. Did it only in random parties.. Its hard but not that hard!)

I need you to show me how to do it…

BOOM

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

I wiped lots on the Golems but then again it was fun and I like the mechanics, I like how you need to actually think about the dungeon to complete it.

I will definitely be back for it.

Does anyone have any tips on predicting/avoiding the pulls on those Golems that pretty much 1 hit kill into the lasers fields?

I’d like advice on this as well on the last phase. I had constant aggro from the golems and I haven’t managed to stay on the crates for more than 2 seconds through 4 wipes despite having a guardian with bunch of aegis options. My shouts ended up getting used for confusion that I constantly got. The golems also wouldnt move away from my downed body until they make sure I am dead. I had to leave after 4 wipes but was seriously thinking about switching to a lower toughness alt to distribute aggro better. the pug group was bad in general and in that last phase there were 2-3 of us so maybe that’s the issue but I didn’t feel like I could duo this part with this one other warrior guy that was decent.

(edited by bartem.2731)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

These people who want faceroll content bother me only because Anet might listen to them. The dungeon has been out for 1 day(not even a complete 24hrs) and people are expecting just to walk in there and finish it. Without fully learning the fight mechanics.

DON’T LISTEN TO THEM ANET…you are doing the right thing giving people a challenge.

No. They are not.
I like challenges, i love them. I really enjoyed most dungeons from world of warcraft classic, the mechanics were fun, we wiped a lot trying to improve our strategies. BWL, AQ and the others were great and all. Not many guilds downed C’Thun because it was challenging to do so (and to get to him).
That said, most GW2 dungeons fail in boss mechanics AND trash mobs repartition. You get a trash pack that dies in 10 seconds and then another one that almost wipes out the party. For no reason. The bosses rely too heavily on CC and gimmicky gameplay rather than intelligent game design. They rely on luck and most of the time, some classes are screwed over (rangers being the class that repeatedly gets owned because their pets die in 1 sec). That’s an area i’d really want them to improve, but i don’t see it happening because for every new content, the bosses are worse and worse.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Strejda Tom.6108

Theres nothing much to show. I play heal guardian so we hugged the mai trin all the time and stood in the aoe so her shield was insta down to 0. Then we bursted her down. 1/4 HP in 3 minutes. Now we are trying to finish not getting hit by aoe.

Flame and Frost and AR were the best dungeons Ive ever done in game lol.. Ive never had more fun.

(edited by Strejda Tom.6108)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

A very knee-jerk reaction thread. Give it a few hours and people will figure out how to speed clear it with ArenaNet’s favourite profession, little babbie Warriors.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

Me and my friends have finished it from first try with no wipes at all, we had 2 tanky gards 1 support ele(thats me) 1 zerker ranger 1 zerker mesmer all lvl 80, its VERY IMPORTANT that you have conditions removal skill on everyone and blast finisher skills.
Before going in. Everyone in guild and in LA was complaining on how hard it was and i acualy thought it was that hard. When i got in i found it intresting and fun. and kinda easy once you know how to run the boss battles, i even got in for a second time with a PUG and just told everyone what to do and it went ok. wiped twice coz we had 2 uplvls.

If anyone needs help runing this dungeon just shoot me a msg or whisper me ingame aftre 7PM server time and i will be glade to run with you.

One last note, I love the way you have to work if you want to finish. Too tierd of dungeons where all u need to do is zerk the kitten out of mobs.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Jam.4521

Theres nothing much to show. I play heal guardian so we hugged the mai trin all the time and stood in the aoe so her shield was insta down to 0. Then we bursted her down. 1/4 HP in 3 minutes. Now we are trying to finish not getting hit by aoe.

Flame and Frost and AR were the best dungeons Ive ever done in game lol.. Ive never had more fun.

We failed at the Golem bit, how do you get through there reliably? We kept dying to the pulls which seem to insta kill you through the laser fields.

BOOM

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

‘Other 95% of the player base will find better ways to spend their time and money.’

wow, I wish I could get such quick and accurate statistics of what players will be spending time and money on.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Strejda Tom.6108

We failed at the Golem bit, how do you get through there reliably? We kept dying to the pulls which seem to insta kill you through the laser fields.

At first phase you just stand on crates with ranged weapons, second phase you just run between the laser walls with ranged weapons and in last phase you run between laser walls and jump on crates to avoid the small lasers.. thats all.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

These complainers must not have done the hard mode dungeons in GW1. In the beginning groups there were utterly destroyed in seconds if you did not pay a little attention.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Bane.3127

Bane.3127

Yet ANOTHER pointless thread made by a scrub.

Anet get your kitten together and delete these threads.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yet ANOTHER pointless thread made by a scrub.

Anet get your kitten together and delete these threads.

Then stop posting in it.

Oh, wait I did too…

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Jam.4521

At first phase you just stand on crates with ranged weapons, second phase you just run between the laser walls with ranged weapons and in last phase you run between laser walls and jump on crates to avoid the small lasers.. thats all.

I found the actual movement to be fine and could avoid the walls easily, but each time the golems would use their pull on us one at a time and inst kill us, and with no way to res we couldn’t find a way past them.

BOOM

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

To me

Temporary story dungeon -> Easy-medium difficulty that all players should be complete.

I like hard content and hard dungeons but this would be PERMANET, so all players should have time to learn it and complete it.

They put all story missions in arch lion and begginers zones to all new players that are still leveling can enjoy the story mode, but the end mission is a hard temporary dungeon is like they slap to them, i know that that the dungeon scale players to 80, but if reals 80 have hard time…

I want hard dungeons but they need to know when they have to put it, they shouldnt be temporary content, and i wish that they stop for a while temprary content, the game need so much core improvement like a lfg, fast change build like gw1, scavenger hunt, high end reward, pvp modes etc… and put 2 weeks of temprary content is a lost of resources, furthemore they are putting this content so fast that almost always is a bug fest like the new dungeon.

To me they failed in this update, this game need harder content but not like this.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

People want all of the rewards without the risk.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Too many crybaby casuals… This game is going to be driven into the ground by people who don’t want to l2p…

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

‘Other 95% of the player base will find better ways to spend their time and money.’

wow, I wish I could get such quick and accurate statistics of what players will be spending time and money on.

Not that hard. You thumbsuck a figure, then present it as fact. Instant results.
Works 73% of the time

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

I AWSUM U SUCK L2P NOOB posts make me want to commit mass homicide.

Golem final phase is luck. Pure luck. Either you get pulled into a wall and die, or you don’t. I have 2 forms of stability but they only cover me about 1/3 of the time, and somehow I was always getting pulled and killed while they were on CD. Our group of all 80s in full exotics wiped well over a dozen times in 2 hours and never got through that mid-boss. It was not a matter of not thinking, it was not a matter of not knowing what we were supposed to do — it was a matter of not being able to mind-read the golems and know when they were about to stun each particular player so he could throw his stability at the right moment.

Dungeons that require thinking are fun. After 1 hour and a half-dozen wipes, this completely ceased to be fun.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

i find it funny.

‘’Games to easy please make it a challenge!!’’

next patch;

‘’omg this is so stupidly difficult its just not fun, what happened to your guys?!’’

player base is player base

this was not aimed at anyone btw just general.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Fancia.3746

Fancia.3746

Yea that’s all… Because you’re dead because now one of the golems pulled you right through a wall, stunning you with the shield so yet another wall crosses you, just incase you didnt die to the first wall, and then procedes to camp you until you’re dead… Which cant be recovered from in this fight… And then what? You see, while the THEORY is that it’s that simple… The reality is, that it’s not… It’s ALL about luck to not get pulled trough the walls, and there’s not a kitten thing you can actually do about it except stacking unlimited stability, which only a limited few classes can actually do…

Before claiming the dungeon is fine… Think things through from multiple perspectives and not just “I did it, so it must be fine”… Other people are playing other classes with entirely diffrent skillsets… Some which completely lack the skills you take for granted to manage the encounter…

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Neo.4307

Neo.4307

Yea that’s all… Because you’re dead because now one of the golems pulled you right through a wall, stunning you with the shield so yet another wall crosses you, just incase you didnt die to the first wall, and then procedes to camp you until you’re dead… Which cant be recovered from in this fight… And then what? You see, while the THEORY is that it’s that simple… The reality is, that it’s not… It’s ALL about luck to not get pulled trough the walls, and there’s not a kitten thing you can actually do about it except stacking unlimited stability, which only a limited few classes can actually do…

This. The annoyance factor from many of these encounters that ANet designs comes from the inability of players to control the mechanics.

What Fancia described is based on randomness and will most likely happen after a few tries. It would be very hard for a player to actively avoid getting pulled by golems completely during the whole encounter. And when you die from something you cannot control it is very frustrating. This is, in my opinion, a problem in the design of the fights and it is one that has been done in the past. It was very apparent in Canach’s Lair 5 man version.

What I expect from a well designed and challenging dungeon is the ability to fully learn the fight mechanics after a certain amount of time and, based on player skills, execute the fight properly.

There are also a few other mechanics that make the dungeon less enjoyable such as the constant shielding of monsters and their ability to become invulnerable. The golems in the first boss fight are an example, but many other mobs can do it too, and in my opinion it is done often enough that it becomes annoying as a mechanic.

I am not bashing this dungeon, in fact I enjoyed it very much and believe it is probably much better than anything ANet has done before. That is not to say though that it does not have flaws.

I also believe the dungeon is badly placed in terms of playable content. I do not feel that a 5 man “story dungeon” should be so challenging, seeing how story mode dungeons during leveling was the easy mode. Perhaps these mechanics and that level of difficulty (which I actually enjoy and look for in an MMO) would fit better in an explorable, or heroic if you will, version of the dungeon.

(edited by Neo.4307)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Strejda Tom.6108

The only hard thing about that dungeon is Personal space achievement, nothing else.)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

This dungeon is not meant for pugs at all. First time 2.5hr with a pug but we cleared it. 2nd time with guildies (one was first timer) 30 min. 4th time with pug joined at the last boss 1 hr (someone RQ) but we did complete. 5th time with pug 1h 45 min and I am the one who RQ.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Strejda Tom.6108

I did it only in pugs… even the under 15 minutes achievement. ,)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Point is a lot of ppl are going to end up on my block list. Achieve points are not a reliable indicator of player ability at all; neither is “Dungeon Master”.

Of course doesnt apply if its their first time. Then again a lot of people dont say its their first time.

I should probably list the bad habits of bad pugs:
1) All Like to rez the same guy at the same time and no one kites.
2) Not able to adapt. If you see an Ele using Fiery GS at the last boss and doing good damage and using the whirl to escape the cannon, you better equip yours too.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

im www player…. complite this dungeon wis 0 wpes in 34 minets. Very easy

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Sometimes when i read posts complaining about content being too hard, i can’t help but think that this game has essentially trained players to expect everything to be a cakewalk. When one optional part out of an entire set of content actually requires patience, learning and coordination, people want to rage quit because its not the cakewalk the game has lead them to expect.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Un Poulet.9754

Un Poulet.9754

Regarding challenge, yes it’s nice to have a chalenge i agree, but on a living story dungeon? If it was a dungeon like arah i would understand.
But people want the achiev
We had a guild group and good comp too (2 guards, 1war, 1 mes and 1 nec)
after 2 hours we had to quit because we had to do other things.
the laser boss is fun i agree, took a couple of whipe to understand.
the mobs are easy to defeat with the group we had.
But the final boss is hard and with aggro being wierd we could not rez because she would shadow step to you randomly.
The barage is kinda long, sure you can position yourself but sometimes you can’t.
And yeah, even if you get scaled up to 80, you have to be lvl 80 and geared.
I think it’s too chalenging for a living story dungeon.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Anyone else having a heck of a time seeing the AoE circles in this dungeon? Especially on the last fight? Seems I can only see them about 30% of the time. Nearly a deal breaker for me.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

Regarding challenge, yes it’s nice to have a chalenge i agree, but on a living story dungeon? If it was a dungeon like arah i would understand.
But people want the achiev
We had a guild group and good comp too (2 guards, 1war, 1 mes and 1 nec)
after 2 hours we had to quit because we had to do other things.
the laser boss is fun i agree, took a couple of whipe to understand.
the mobs are easy to defeat with the group we had.
But the final boss is hard and with aggro being wierd we could not rez because she would shadow step to you randomly.
The barage is kinda long, sure you can position yourself but sometimes you can’t.
And yeah, even if you get scaled up to 80, you have to be lvl 80 and geared.
I think it’s too chalenging for a living story dungeon.

i agree if this would have ben a permanent dungeon keep it as it is but temp content needs to be a bit easier

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: walsd.4968

walsd.4968

I completed this dungeon with only one other person. It took a while seeing as we were two thieves who knew nothing about the dungeon and refused to receive help from other players or guides but it was just as fun as it was challenging. The trick was being patient enough to learn the mechanics. I would welcome more dungeons similar to this.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

im www player…. complite this dungeon wis 0 wpes in 34 minets. Very easy

I’m upleveled 30 thief with blue armor, did by myself without wipe in 15 minutes, all of u just suck l2p

See how easy it is to post this kind of kitten? See how little it adds to the conversation?

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Too many crybaby casuals… This game is going to be driven into the ground by people who don’t want to l2p…

The dungeon wasnt bad at all, couple wipes the first time through with a PUG is pretty much expected.

However, being an elitist kitten who probably lives in his parents basement sucking down fatty food while being fat is not cool (see what I did there?).

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Giseth.9708

Giseth.9708

Wiped 4 to 6 times with 4 different groups. I hope ArenaNet dont want this to be an Elite Dungeon where people who trained to watch everything at once can thrive.

This needs fixing, less life, less damage something. Alot have problems with this dungeon just because you have to be aware of everything at once. The boss fights show that, keep up with 4 Walls, two Champions while cannons are shooting at you, and get 40 mobs thrown on you while the one shot cannons blaze the whole area.

If you get uplvled to 80 because ANet thinks that everyone should be able to participate, then i think ANet should fix it so that everyone can at least make it past the first boss.

Its fine that it should be a challenge, but at least make it a challenge that you can actually finish and have fun at the same time.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Surprised at the people claiming the golem pulls are luck.

1. They only pull when they have the electric buff on
2. They have a very obvious wind-up animation where they pull their arms back.

It’s not luck people. Observe the golems, time your dodges/atability.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

8 wipes? You’d think you’d learn from the mistakes of the previous wipes. Apparently not.

Dungeon is work not fun

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

You’re not supposed to win everything without putting effort into things. I hated when Anet nerfed The battle for LA in GW1, and i don’t want the same thing to happen here.