Obsidian Sanctum for achievement, really? [merged]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Guys. Anet. I love your game.

That being said. I do NOT love the fact that you put one of the newest achievements at the END of one of the HARDEST jps where every other server can gang up on you and CAMP the endpoint.

Why’s it hard? It’s long, for one. For another, we have to spend a lot of time actually focusing on trying to get through it.. with the darkness, with the jumping, dodging the traps, etc. Oh. And there’s also all the massive RED around us who are NOT npc monsters, but actual players who only care about killing you… making it so you have to waypoint at the VERY beginning or wait for someone who can take out all 20 of them who are camping.

And not only that, but we can’t get the achievement unless we have the 7th one?

So now we have to go as an entire server to do something we should be able to do as a small group?

Do you know how cutthroat WvW is?

We get it. There’s a JP there. Most people don’t go to it, and you want more people there. Fine.

Give us the option to complete it or not. Put the cache at the beginning of the puzzle and let us go on our merry little way back to our PvE bunny caves where there are no wolves.

I’m sorry to sound annoyed, but I am. I was excited about the Sky Kings addition. Now I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to get one achievement because of something not at all a part of my control. The monocle is not worth Obsidian Sanctum.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The monocle is from the story dungeon. The minipet is from completing 12/20 achievements.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

The monocle comes from the Aetherblade Retreat dungeon boss chest. Caching Out actually does not have a material reward for completing it. Only the meta achievement does and that’s for the mini Horrik. You only need 12 of the 20 achievements to get the meta, so you can skip this one if that’s all you care about.

Try these. I honestly have no idea if they work, but could help out. Apparently it gives you 5 minutes of invisibility, but I cannot confirm right now.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Sanctum#Mystic_Fountains

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ShAdY.7586

ShAdY.7586

Obsidian Scantum Achievement made me report 20 people, at that point I stopped counting and I am still lieing on the ground, reporting everyone who lays a hand on my mates.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

1. play nerco
2. get to top
3. put on death shroud
4. jump to it and take 0 damage
5. ????
6. profit

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Obsidian Scantum Achievement made me report 20 people, at that point I stopped counting and I am still lieing on the ground, reporting everyone who lays a hand on my mates.

the only thing this will accomplish is getting yourself banned. reporting players for things that are not offences is a bannable offence.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

You can get that mini without doing Obsidian Sanctum, you only loose 16 points. No big deal.

(edited by Manu.6078)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

ShAdY.7586

the only thing this will accomplish is getting yourself banned. reporting players for things that are not offences is a bannable offence.

This is the definition of Grieving, so its highly offensive.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

Not in WvW, it’s not. The entire puzzle is BUILT to make people fight eachother in it. It has lots of traps to activate, and chokepoints players can use to screw with people.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Yeah… which makes it near impossible to get the cache unless your entire server is with you. >.<

And while I’d LOVE to pull my boys out of WvW to get an achievement, that would be somewhat counterproductive in keeping land in WvW.

And whether it’s the monocle or the mini… still not worth Obsidian Sanctum.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Just skip it. Not needed to get 12 out of 19 achievements for the meta.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

So what has The Mists and the Obsidian JP got to do with Aetherblade Sky Pirates?

Out of order putting this Cache in here.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Not in WvW, it’s not. The entire puzzle is BUILT to make people fight eachother in it. It has lots of traps to activate, and chokepoints players can use to screw with people.

It is grieving the moment you kill people who want to get everything they can. For example there are people who make their hobby getting every achievement. I also want most of the achievements. They wanted to make it difficult. Well they did, they made it so hard the fun is gone. People who just want to finish their achievement are left out.

This is grieving. Even if you are in WvWvW. There is a difference when there is a certain achievement to be earned at some point and they make it so that you MUST join WvWvW to get it. Even if you don’t like it.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I luckily made it through without being attacked, but yes, this was a really, really bad idea. Not just for all the camping/ganking that you’re encouraging with this, but also because PvE people will be taking up valuable spots in EB. Yes, I realise that you don’t need to do this achievement, but as many people like being completionists.. this just was a bad idea.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I luckily made it through without being attacked, but yes, this was a really, really bad idea. Not just for all the camping/ganking that you’re encouraging with this, but also because PvE people will be taking up valuable spots in EB. Yes, I realise that you don’t need to do this achievement, but as many people like being completionists.. this just was a bad idea.

Obsidian Sanctum is on it’s own instance now, so the only affect it has on EB is while players are moving to the portal.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: VowOfCarnage.6927

VowOfCarnage.6927

lolwut?

Mystic Fountains = your friend.

Legion of Doom [LOD]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Yep filling up in EB is now immaterial. I just want to get the content done but can’t as we are are in a much higher tier this week and cannot even get into the puzzle for most of the time as keep is constantly in other servers hands. When you can get in you just get killed by grievers.

Let me go have some cheese with my whine

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Anyone seriously offended by people pvp-ing in a pvp zone needs to take a step back and calm down.

Why you would expect others to adjust their playing according to your desire and contrary to the rules of the game is completely beyond my understanding.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Nate.7639

Nate.7639

Its really bad on our server… DB are being kittens about it and keep taking our keep and camping the puzzle

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Anyone seriously offended by people pvp-ing in a pvp zone needs to take a step back and calm down.

Why you would expect others to adjust their playing according to your desire and contrary to the rules of the game is completely beyond my understanding.

This, 1000000000000000000 times this. So sorry you were attacked in a PvP zone. My condolences.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Why? Because Aetherblade doesn’t have anything to do with WvWvW. Then they put it in WvWvW totally randomly.

People who have lost their keep can’t even go in the Puzzle at all. And if you can go in, you get camped and killed.

Why not put Legendary Mobs at every cache.. maybe 5 at least or more. So we never make it.

They give us PvE content in a WvWvW envoirment. If your server is losing you can kiss that achievement goodbye. Maybe people like you don’t mind it. But people like me do, I want to have everything completed. I don’t care about the meta being 12 or 4. I want everything, just to feel good myself.

Like I said in the post I made: Give us an immunity that we can get the achievement without being disturbed. But that also means not be able to opens the Mistwrought Chest. The immunity stops the moment you use a waypoint or leave the instance. So you can’t put it out yourself. You click it you have it untill you leave the instance. Or use the waypoint. This way people can do it. And the WvWvWers can fight each other.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

I do have to say that at least some due to the nature of the event are going above it being a pvp zone, for whatever reason, and was floored that Dragonbrand having tons of people in there trying to attempt it too was not finger happy with their skills.

Walked around 10-20 of them at a time without them messing with us Sea of Sorrow players.

Though I am disappointed with PvP being mixed into PvE content in this manner. The little rival games like “Crab Toss” and “Dragon Bash” are one thing, but it was far from necessary to pick a PvP Jumping Puzzle as part of a PvE event.

Its not like its not already hard enough to do some of them under normal PvE conditions.

(edited by Michael Fejervary.8576)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

After 3 hours and many deaths, I finally dragged my poor naked broken bleeding self out of the Murderpit with a big kitteneating grin on my face.

I love that JP – Ty Anet for putting a cache achievement in there

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Hydrii.5136

Hydrii.5136

Michael SoS was the server camping it with 10-20 players earlier they failed to stop me but it was slightly annoying,

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

ShAdY.7586

lolwut?

Mystic Fountains = your friend.

On my WvW, they used traps so we coulndt be invisible. Also AoE still works on invis.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Venbloodblade.1093

Venbloodblade.1093

people, there are fountains of stealth that, when coupled with various class abilities for permanent movement enhancement, make it possible to do the entire puzzle whilst in stealth mode, except for the few seconds between unstealthing, and recharging at the various fountains. srsly, how have you people not found these yet? they’ve been in since day 1.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: WingsofAsgard.9201

WingsofAsgard.9201

It is outrageous to put a living story achievement in a WvWvW environment. As mentioned above…campers and grievers, enough said there. The idea for an immunity to complete this achievement isn’t a bad one.

Personally I think the EB JP should disable all skills and rely solely on traps to kill people, certainly this would make the experience more interesting.

The mystic fountains have a downside in that you can’t use skills while in the stealth it provides. While they can be useful in getting past people, it doesn’t help as much as people suggest it does when the other servers are camping your spawn point in the JP.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

After 3 hours and many deaths, I finally dragged my poor naked broken bleeding self out of the Murderpit with a big kitteneating grin on my face.

I love that JP – Ty Anet for putting a cache achievement in there

true that…took me a while, but not only I got there after about an hour – I was 19 badges of honor richer after that with some nice little fight up there

not as dull as Goemm’s lab…

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Here’s the main thing they are forcing you to do things you don’t enjoy. One, PvP keep it, I mapped the darn thing I don’t really ever want to go back. Two, if you don’t want to do the jumping puzzle the only alternative to get the mini is to do a pug dungeon which is even worse than doing the stupid WvW. You need to add a hard and fun PvE achievement. I just bought Defiance I think I might be spending my time there a bit more in the future. Maybe I’ll buy some bits instead of more gems!

By the way I even tried to do the jumping puzzle and it seem to be in a area that is FULL and you can’t get in.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Not to mention that it’s possible for you to be completely locked out of said achievement if you’re on a server that doesn’t even have the entrance.

What’s with the poor decision making on these achievements recently?

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

People were just starting to lose interest in camping there, and ~ta-daaaa~ the bait is back!

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

it’s almost like it’s an actual achievement to finish it!

just kidding I took a mesmer portal straight to the end

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I did it a couple hours ago on CD, some Mag players were near but they were pretty chill (kept a hammer just incase, use banish to knockoff cliff)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Lyana Evrilow.8102

I just kinda want to make it known that I’m not upset that people are PvPing in the PvP zone. I’m upset I have to even go in there… and complete the puzzle entirely. Partway, sure. Entirely? FML. Worse than mapping.

I’m not the kinda person who reports people for doing what they’re s’poseta be doing. I think it’s kinda mean to put us PvE bunnies out for bait just so every wolf out there gets a free meal.

Worst of all… it’s not fun. At all. When you go all the way through, and get just to the very end, and find twenty enemies waiting for you… yeah. That’s the opposite of fun.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

You can get the item at the end of the achievement bandwagon by doing achievements other than this one. It’s not like you HAVE to get this achievement in order to get the miniature pet.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

It’s still easier than doing the boss fights without getting hit.
Because you’ll have to stay behind to rez a party member or you’ll almost certain get CC.
I got pulled twice in a row, from one Gollum at the time and that made me hit the same beam twice in a blink of an eye.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

I’m pretty sure the only people who love this current situation are on over-populated servers where marginal players have figured out they can get easy daily points by joining a zerg and camping where the PVE players are forced to go. Boring but easy kills.

Message to Zergers bragging in over-flow: Do you guys not even realize what you’re bragging about? You were in a mob of 20-50 people that just mugged a lone PVE player! FYI – This is about as impressive as killing an ambient.

Sadly, with the new match-ups on servers people on the lowest-population servers may not ever manage to meet the deadline to get this acheivement. The only option may be to join a high-population server and abandon friends.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I was going to suggest guesting to a popular server, then I remembered you can’t WvW for a guest server…

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I did it a couple hours ago on CD, some Mag players were near but they were pretty chill (kept a hammer just incase, use banish to knockoff cliff)

Sorry about that, Anet banned me as preemptive strike so opponents of Mag could get to top of puzzle. Had I been able to log in I guarantee not a single enemy would have made it up top, including you.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

My server SUCKS at WvW so I already threw getting world completion out of the window (got everything in WvW bar stonemist), and now we are against Gunnar’s Hold we cannot even get to the jumping puzzle. Well we did have our keep for about 5 minutes earlier but they are camping the puzzle.

(they also went out of their way to stop ONE person from getting a vista) PvE stuff in my opinion should NOT be in WvW as if your server sucks at WvW you either are screwed and have to solo or duo a whole server or you have to pay to transfer servers TWICE (if you like your current server which I do the PvE scene is amazing and the people are also amazing).

(edited by Luna.8603)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lil Deviant.9218

Lil Deviant.9218

I know it was mentioned to using the Mystic Fountains, there is a problem with that. #1 there is no Mystic Fountain for the Chandelier Room and #2 whoever controls the Chandelier Room controls the puzzle until you get a big enough force.

You should not be able to control the Jumping Puzzle by sitting at the top of a room with range weapons that’s what needs to be changed.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Caradryan.1795

Caradryan.1795

Well, when you server’s winning, I think it makes sense that some players would take it out on PvE folks trying to get an achievement. I don’t fault them for doing it, but it sucks to be on the receiving end, especially when one’s not particularly good at jump puzzles in the first place.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I am lucky that I found only players from my own server in there and I can’t even begin to imagine how bad it must be for people that are facing camping servers. PvP can be really frustrating sometimes.
BUT, it could be worse…. Like if you actually needed it for the meta.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

This is why it is a bad idea to put an achievement there

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

This is the definition of Grieving, so its highly offensive.

you might get a suspension for abusing the report function.

this is not grieving by the way.

they are playing the game it is meant to be played.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I know it was mentioned to using the Mystic Fountains, there is a problem with that. #1 there is no Mystic Fountain for the Chandelier Room and #2 whoever controls the Chandelier Room controls the puzzle until you get a big enough force.

You should not be able to control the Jumping Puzzle by sitting at the top of a room with range weapons that’s what needs to be changed.

last time, we build arrow carts at the top.

sure was fun raining arrows down there.

killed sooo many SBI back then.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Yasashiku.8275

Yasashiku.8275

When I went to the EB jumping puzzle with a couple guildmates I noticed everyone was being all hunky-dory and not touching eacheother, so what did I do? I attacked everyone in sight and started a war since there was blood in the water now.

You can call me whatever you want, but we had fun the entire time we were there instead of just sitting around doing nothing in a PvP zone. Eventually the other two servers rallied together to make a gigantic push (easily 20 people on both sides) against our server that was holding the top area and flooded by us all.

It is a PvP zone/puzzle, if you aren’t enjoying the fights and are getting frustrated that people may be camping the puzzle, then come back another time when people are less inclined to kill you.

You have no one else to blame but yourself if you keep running in there to die.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do think what Deimos and Yasashiku did was rather crass (if I saw there was an unofficial truce going on, I wouldn’t ruin it just for my own enjoyment), it is part of the risk of going into a PvP zone.

Personally I think ANet erred in putting a PvE achievement in a PvP zone, and hopefully they won’t repeat that mistake in future. Still, unless you’re a completionist like me, you don’t need to complete Obsidian Sanctum to get enough achievements for Mini Horrik.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Yasashiku.8275

Yasashiku.8275

I admit, it was probably rather crass, rude, and mean to start a fight in a PvP area, yet everyone seemed to enjoy it, not just myself. For quite a while it was just me and a couple guildies trying to hold off easily 8+ people in the arena while most of our own server watched.

Was what I did kind of a kitten move? Probably, yet this is a PvP zone. People attack me on sight everywhere else. Normally I leave people alone when I see an unofficial truce going on out of respect anyway.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

For the most part, this was the least combat I’ve seen in OS. Since we know most people that were there today are PvE’ers, everyone seemed to leave each other alone. But if anyone got out of hand, we wiped them of course.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org