the kiel and magnus conversation

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: bazul.4506

bazul.4506

for those that have not seen it and want to read the ellen kiel conversation with magnus the bloody handed here it is:

Magnus the bloody handed: We’re gearing up to replace Ashford. His secound died a few weeks ago in that whole molten alliance uproar.
Ellen Kiel: So, there will have to be a council election?
Magnus the bloody handed: That’s right. And i want you to go for it.
Ellen Kiel: What? I don’t have that kind of wealth, and i’m not a ship’s captain.
Magnus the bloody handed: Then, you’d better get creative. I put your name in, and i commandeered the abandoned Aetherblade airship for you.
Ellen Kiel: I…I…I…
Magnus the bloody handed: That’s the kind of fast-thinking that made me choose you. (laugh)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Interesting. Considering Mai’s comments on the Aetherblades I’d say this gives us some hints as to things going into the future.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mockingbird.5460

Mockingbird.5460

A question for you: Did you see that conversation in the Grand Piazza, or in the instance “A Future in Politics” after talking to Kiel?

I heard the conversation outside the instance, and then went to Kiel to see if she had anything to say about it, and got ported to the instance after she said that she needs to speak to Magnus. Once in the instance, the two of them simply stood there doing nothing.

Do you think that we were supposed to hear the convo inside the instance, rather than outside?

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Oh man… Kiel can’t get any more marysue-ish.
It seems that Anet thinks we need someone like that in the game. I’m starting to miss Trahearne, to be honest. That’s kinda sad.

Luckily we have interesting characters, too. It would be horrible if all of them were like Kormir/Trahearne/Kiel.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the “A Future in Politics” instance seems to be bugged for me too. Kiel and Magnus just stand there silently, not even looking at each other. :P

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I think the ‘A Future in Politics’ instance wasnt meant to be in the live game. I think the conversation between Magnus and Kiel was supposed to happen in the instance originally but they instead chose to put in in the open world.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

‘A Future in Politics’ is bugged. The conversation was meant to happen in the instance. It isn’t working, so Anet quickly made it work in the open world. Kiel and Magnus repeat it several times an hour.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Thanks for posting this. I had missed this conversation.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I got to give Kiel a pat on the back. In AR she actually started rezzing us when we were downed by trash mobs and prevented us from wiping. It was like kittening Halie’s Commit seeing an NPC make himself/herself useful like that.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

I took screenshots of the conversation and put them into one image. I’ll attach them to this post.

Attachments:

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Yay, Kiel is going to stick around even longer… >>;
I don’t hate her and she works well for this, she’s just… not that interesting to me. Ah well.

Hoopa doopa.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I don’t hate her and she works well for this, she’s just… not that interesting to me. Ah well.

Hey, let’s be optimistic here. She will be elected for the council and we will never hear of her again because she will be too busy with politics.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Hey, let’s be optimistic here. She will be elected for the council and we will never heard of her again because she will be too busy with politics.

Haha, very true!
Knowing her though, she’ll probably keep us as her “personal contact” for special case missions… We shall see!

Hoopa doopa.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Hey, let’s be optimistic here. She will be elected for the council and we will never hear of her again because she will be too busy with politics.

That was my first hope when she was promoted. As the first point of contact with the Lion’s Guard she was set up to be one of the most frequently appearing characters in GW2. If she moves out of that position she is hopefully less likely to be in the story. Even her NPC model is about as generic as they come. It’s a shame the Ashford lineage was killed off to make it happen.

She has been one of the least interesting characters this game has ever had.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

This game period needs new writers or they need to up the ante, forget just one npc. The story overall could be much much better and really is lacking. I do not think myself too hard to please with plots since I find a lot of simple plots exciting and most people don’t but this is beyond too simple, there just no excitement at all…

When I read the history of GW, I never played one, it sounded pretty interesting to me, but in game the storys been -_-

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Cool, so Kiel is all geared up to be the hero that saved Lion’s Arch. Just like Treehearne defeated Zhaitahn and Kormir saved everyone from lolbadon.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Where is this? And is this still in? I somehow forgot to get this conversation…
But as I already saw with the newest stuff from Bazaar update I think it is okay if I missed that one… at the newest update instanced dialogue scene it also is obvious he wants her for the council.

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

When I read the history of GW, I never played one, it sounded pretty interesting to me, but in game the storys been -_-

Yeah, to be honest? The first game’s story was mostly that way as well, including some part somewhere which kitten ed at least one person off enough to ragequit FOREVAH.

Prophecies was bland and never intended to hold water, just connect the dots and train you up for PvP. More people liked PvE than was anticipated, so it became a focus.

Factions was by-the-numbers with very few surprises, and was better at atmosphere and setting than in the story.

Nightfall had some interesting things but it wound up focusing a fair amount of the story on the NPCs, some of whom were interesting or entertaining and some of them . . . not. Also, Kormir and Varesh.

Eye of the North had story which sprung almost entirely from Prophecies, and had a somewhat disconnected feeling despite being an expansion even Canthan or Elonian native characters could go through.

Really, in my opinion, “Beyond” was the best stuff for Guild Wars 1. Mechanically, thematically, and writing-wise.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.