Any way to get the 25 achievements?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: SingTheDeadSong.8957

SingTheDeadSong.8957

I just have a quick question.

I’ve done all the achievements I can possibly do, outside of the omelette (because I’m only level 33, and don’t have another character), and the crab mini game achievements (besides the one for just playing one game, because I’m no good at it). I’m still stuck at 24/25 achievements. Is there any possible way to get the last achievement without having to play the crab mini game? Because there doesn’t seem to be, unless I’m missing something.

Thanks for the help.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

At the moment you’ll need either the omelet or the crab toss mini games I think. You can wait until the dungeon is put in and try to get one of those though.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

You can just participate once in the crab game and get an achievement for that. Don’t have to win or anything.

There is more achievements to finish coming after the 28th in the second half. Can wait till then the current ones shouldn’t be lost or changed any.

The other ones just seem story/group event/dungeon related. So shouldn’t be too hard.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

You can just participate once in the crab game and get an achievement for that. Don’t have to win or anything.

There is more achievements to finish coming after the 28th in the second half. Can wait till then the current ones shouldn’t be lost or changed any.

The other ones just seem story/group event/dungeon related. So shouldn’t be too hard.

What he said. You get an achievement JUST for entering the arena to counter the missed omelet one.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yep, there should be 26 achievements available when you include the “just participating in Crab Toss” one. You must be missing one more – check if you have done the naked swimming and lava jumping achieves, and all 11 sample collections (including the one in JP).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Check this: http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/gw2-secrets-of-southsun-achievement-guide/

Great guide and you can compare what you might be missing.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: SingTheDeadSong.8957

SingTheDeadSong.8957

I’ve already got the one for entering the crab arena. I got all 11 samples, and the lava dive, and skinny dipping ones. I swear I have all the ones I can possibly get except the omlette, which I’m not able to get. Thanks for the responses though. I’ll go over the guide, and see if I’m missing something.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

So, silly question – I didn’t read any of the guides first and actually did 23/25 achievements while flagged as a settler sympathizer. Can I get the Consortium sympahizer now, even after I logged the other achievements? I dread crab-anything and I’m not a jumper so I probably won’t get the puzzle sample.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

You just have to do events while you have the Consortium/Settler buff is all.

Just talk to either one of them, get their buff, then run around the island doing events. I think it is only five that need to be done to get the achievement for either side.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yep, five per buff.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

There are plenty of mesmers offering portals to the JP and sample in both overflow and home server.

You get an achievement just for loading into the crab arena. You don’t have to play or win for that one.

mjhungness.8059

Yeah, I guess I’m out for trying to get the Consortium Negotiator acheivement. I did all but 2 with the Settler buff (23/25) and now I don’t have enough (non crab and non JP) achievements to do under the Consortium buff. Rats.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It’s events that you have to do under the buffs, not achievements, as far as I remember. So you’re fine

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I’ve already got the one for entering the crab arena. I got all 11 samples, and the lava dive, and skinny dipping ones. I swear I have all the ones I can possibly get except the omlette, which I’m not able to get. Thanks for the responses though. I’ll go over the guide, and see if I’m missing something.

The best option you have is either level to 80 quickly through PvE or PvP or just stick it out through the crab toss mini-game and get a lot of practice. You will eventually earn two of the achievements in the LONG run just for picking up the crab a lot and running with it, the only ones that would be hard to earn is Winning if your not any good at it, and the only lucky one is the one where you have to hold the crab while everyone else gets squished by a karka. Otherwise as others said, you’ll have to wait until the 28th for the other 5 or 6 achievements to start. Good luck.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Yeah, I guess I’m out for trying to get the Consortium Negotiator acheivement. I did all but 2 with the Settler buff (23/25) and now I don’t have enough (non crab and non JP) achievements to do under the Consortium buff. Rats.

You just need to do regular events not achievements with the buff on.

mjhungness.8059

Thanks for clarifying, events vs. achievements! I have renewed hope!!!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Probably those are the ones you’re missing. IIRC there’s one achievement for completing events with the consortium buff, then you also get an achievement for completing both settler and consortium achievements.

Right now you can get 26 achievements, including the one about participating in crab toss but not any other crab toss achievements.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Fruge.4096

Fruge.4096

If you can’t eat the egg (like me), you will be stuck on 24/25 for now. The only way to get more achievements is through the crab toss minigame – which I loathe with a passion.

And yes, I found ALL the samples, including the JP one, and I have the achievement for the settler and consortium buffs.

WTB – ability to eat my stinky karka omelette that is sitting in my inventory!

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

They won’t allow you to eat the omelette at all unless the food buffs scaled by level which I don’t see ANY food like that so the mechanic isn’t in the game. They would have to make some lower verisons instead and add them to the vendor.

Astralporing.1957

If you can’t eat the egg (like me), you will be stuck on 24/25 for now. The only way to get more achievements is through the crab toss minigame – which I loathe with a passion.

Mind you, one of the crab toss game achievements can be acquired by simply joining a game, waiting few seconds to get it and then immediately leaving. You don’t even have to participate. That would get you to the required 25 achievements.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can also just wait until Last Stand is released. Completing one of the remaining 5 achievements should be enough to net you 25/25 and get the Sclerite Karka Shell.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Mind you, one of the crab toss game achievements can be acquired by simply joining a game, waiting few seconds to get it and then immediately leaving. You don’t even have to participate. That would get you to the required 25 achievements.

No.

I cant eat the omelet, did the participate in a crab toss game achievement, and i am stuck at 24/25
I presume Fruge also did the Crab Toss Participant achievement.

There r a few more crab toss game achievements, that involve really playing crab toss, wich i dont wanna do either atm.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Astralporing.1957

No.

I cant eat the omelet, did the participate in a crab toss game achievement, and i am stuck at 24/25

Then you are missing one somewhere. You can get the backpack while both missing one achievement (can be omelette, can be JP sample – but not both), and without playing crab toss beyond that achievement for just joining.

Look at the list of southsun achievements in hero panel – you should have all from the top to first crab toss one, and the last 3. Without the first one and omelette, of course.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

from the bottom of the list up;
I have the two at the bottom of the list (Goggles and Skinny Dipping), above that the omelet one (wich i dont have), then 5 above that that cant be done yet, and above that 4 other crab toss ones (wich i havent done), and above that the Crab Toss Participant one (wich i have), and above that i have evrything.

I dont see what else i miss ?!

Edit: That guide on Dulfy.net mentions 25/25, including the omelet and only the Crab Toss Participant one of the crab toss achievements.
Not 26 achievements.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Astralporing.1957

You are right. Which is weird, since i got my karka backpack before getting all of the achievements. I don’t remember any achievements that are not on the list now either…

In that case i must agree, that the level limitation for the omelette IS a problem.

Of course, there are still those 5 achievements that will be unlocked in the next phase of the Southsun Living World event.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

You are right. Which is weird, since i got my karka backpack before getting all of the achievements. I don’t remember any achievements that are not on the list now either…

In that case i must agree, that the level limitation for the omelette IS a problem.

Of course, there are still those 5 achievements that will be unlocked in the next phase of the Southsun Living World event.

Yeah, its doubly a problem because its also soulbound to whomever bought it. :-p I partially lucked out by doing that on my warrior (lvl 69 at the time), and was able to hit 75 later that evening by finishing a crafting run I had started previously.

Thanks for the tip re the Settler/Consortium achievements. Could not figure out why I wasn’t getting anything, or how to trigger it.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

There is a way, which is how I got my backpack: try to get the crabtacular! achievement. for that you have two options:

- Tell everyone at the arena that you want the achievement, so the last guy will toss you the crab just before the time ends. (didn’t work for me, though, but worth a try).
– Watch the timer and try to grab the crab in the last few seconds (that’s how I did it, took me 4 tries).

or, wait until May 28.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There is a way, which is how I got my backpack: try to get the crabtacular! achievement. for that you have two options:

- Tell everyone at the arena that you want the achievement, so the last guy will toss you the crab just before the time ends. (didn’t work for me, though, but worth a try).
– Watch the timer and try to grab the crab in the last few seconds (that’s how I did it, took me 4 tries).

or, wait until May 28.

That is not how you get the achievement. If you hover the cursor over the achievement, it will provide more detail so you know what to do.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I was just talking to a friend that this is probably a deliberate design on the part of ArenaNet.

The only way someone can get to 25 at this point is by doing more time-consuming content, either playing a lot of crab toss or doing the heinous jumping puzzle. This gives hardcore players the chance to earn 25 points and the chance to show off the tentacle backpack a couple of weeks before it becomes more easily attainable by a larger number of players.

Of course, the mesmer portal freebies on the JP are messing it up a bit but I think it was still the intent of the leap in difficulty to get that last point at the moment and how many alternatives to get it will open up after the 28th.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Gildan Bladeborn.2198

Gildan Bladeborn.2198

or, wait until May 28.

You don’t need to wait until the end of the match at all, you just got lucky when you did that – you earn Crabtacular when you’re holding a crab and all the other players get downed; getting rolled over simultaneously by the karka is generally what causes that.

Ceia Mirschail is my mesmer, and I am one of [SLVR]’s overachievers.
Ehmry Bay for life!