Crabtactular Achievement Fix?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

When will this be adjusted to be less RNG like and more obtainable for those who don’t strike aces? :o

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

wth crabtacular has to do with rng?

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think rng (random number generation) isn’t esactly what the OP meant but luck based/random chance instead (to be fair rng is used too many times for random around forums).

Take a look on the other Crabtaccular thread and read all players arguments about how this is based on random dumb luck. It’s an achievement that isn’t related to your skill. You need your opponents to be dumb enough to all die at the same time and there are a lot of factors involved, including different strategies (someone might be running in circles looking for items instead of following the mass of players for example), or that someone isn’t afk, or even intentionally trying to make you fail in your achievement (yep, there are players mean enough for that).

If anything all those players dying together should get an achievement for that instead because it was based on their skill (or lack of it or team coordination to help another player get it), not on the skill of the player getting the achievement. Sure, there are some strategies that might help with it, but all of them require that most of your opponents don’t know how to dodge/rush and the ones that know, all of them at the same time have wasted their rush and their stamina and weren’t looking for items around the map.

I was lucky enough to literally find a 1 vs 1 situation and that’s how I got it. It was all luck, I was trying hard to get it and suddenly I found a 1 vs 1 fight (and even then I needed some time to get him killed while I held the crab as the big karkas appear after some minutes and the small ones go for the grabber at first).

Before that I tried to organize a group so we all could help each other but not all of them were listening, and even with some other players contributing for it none of us could get it because there are too many factors.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

worst achievement in gaming history.

achievements should be based on your own skill or effort, not rely on other people dumbness.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No different than one of the achievements for the Wintersday mini game. You needed luck there as well to get the achievement. Just play at a time when there’s less people.

Posted by: Tyranka.5178

Tyranka.5178

Well, it is different. In the wintersday mini game you needed people to play well, in this one you need others to screw up.. Nevertheless its driving me insane:<

edit: I got lucky and joined a game where everyone else was going for the achievement so we helped each other out.

(edited by Tyranka.5178)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Lucky Tyr, I went through 5 games. Was helping others getting achievements, and then we started getting the trolls who were preventing us from attempting to get it. I hope they fix this to either you holding the crab at the end of the match, or to where you need maybe 3 people to fall while you have the crab.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

“rrrrrng” is the sound I make when random chance isn’t working in my favour.