Crabtacular Achievement

Crabtacular Achievement

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

More hours, still no achievement. My so-far futile pursuit of this achievement will be my sole memory of the May content…

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I want to thank all people in Aurora Glade who cooperated to get the achievement this morning!

As far as I know everyone from any server is mixed for the achievement. I’m from Baruch’s Bay (Spain’s server) and everyone is speaking in english in the mini-game. So I think those thanks might go to kind people around the world :P

Problem is, if they change it now, those who do have it will be cheated. It wouldn’t be fair for one person to have to run around for an unspecified amount of time until they can get the Karka to roll over everyone, and another player to just wait until the match ends and grab the crab.

Those two scenarios are not even remotely comparable.

Sincerely I wouldn’t mind it. I got mine and I know it was because I was extremely lucky to find a 1 vs 1 situation. I even felt bad because I didn’t gift the other guy the achievement and when I thought about it it was too late as others appeared. If someone would’ve asked me cooperation to get it I would’ve gladly helped (I even tried to organize one group for that but was impossible as you need everyone paying attention).

This was luck based. If they change it I won’t mind it. I could even “feel better about myself” for getting it before needing a change, but honestly I know this wasn’t about my skill so for me they could even gift the achievement to everyone.

I had a thread sugesting to make it so that when the timer rachs zero everyone is knocked down except the guy holding the crab at the end of the match, that would be a fair change without changing what you have to do to get the achievement, just making it more probable and at least once per round. Everyone would still have plenty of time to get the chest reward as the knock down is very short.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

This thing would be easily fixable: If they just say that you need to annihilate so many fellow players (either in total through several games or in one game) it would be a lot more bareable. As is this is the only achievement of the package that I don’t have yet and it’s simply down to bad luck.

As so many others have already stated, since the patch has been out for some time, most people now know what to do so there’s always a few people flanking the player with the crab. No matter what you do when there’s 3 Karka around, the skill factor involved towards getting this achievement is zero.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Nmaster.3560

Nmaster.3560

Please fix (or even just remove) this absolutely asinine achievement. You could easily play a thousand games and never get this as it only requires one other competent player to make it nearly impossible.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Rogue Lemming.6358

Rogue Lemming.6358

Honestly, this whole event is just plain garbage. I understand grinding for achievements but at least when you grind you can explore and have a change of scenery. This is just repetitive and mindless. Frankly, it seems like the developer who created it was goofing off and had to come up with something quick at the last minute. I’d really like to complete all of the achievements but the Crabtacular is so stupid that I walked away from the game for over a week after wasting a bunch of my time trying to get it. The other achievements around this event are similarly unimaginative but at least there is an eventual end in sight.
Until this event got in my way I would spend several hours every day playing GW2. Recently I’ve preferred reading and catching up on my shows in order to avoid having to complete this agonizing content. Unless Anet gets its act together I’m afraid I’ll loose interest all together.
This was truly a pathetic attempt at content.

Kylie Rogue [ECG][CoSA][FARM]
East Coast Guardians: [ECG-B]G27
Why [FARM] is for you!

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Well it seems anet is pleased with this achievement , no fixes what so ever.. cool stuff

play hard , go pro.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

This is an absolutely horrible achievement. The fact Anet hasn’t even given a response on the matter or changed the achievement blows me away too. They had changed the Wintersday Dolyak achievement which was achievable with coordination, why can’t they change this one that relies on sheer dumb luck?

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

If it wasn’t missable I wouldn’t mind. I’ve just about given up; gg A-Net. Though maybe missing my first missable achievement will be freeing and I won’t feel compelled to chase achievements that aren’t fun.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Never felt the need to post on forums—until now.
They have really dropped the ball (crab?) on this one. If they wanted to promote a cut throat (pirate) attitude, then they have succeeded.
Crabtaculer was difficult when this first went live, but with experienced players around, next to impossible. Keg brawl is fun, however, 90% of the time i am just going through the numbers with crab, just to get daily, and don’t get me going on the bugs with class buffs leaking into the game. Definitely should not have to be like that, it should be about fun. I will be glad to see the back of it!
(And by-the-way, having achievements based mostly on luck makes a mockery of the leaderboards)

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Still no fix for this? <.<

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Worst. Achievement. Ever.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Nana.3618

Nana.3618

The worst achievement I’ve had the displeasure of attempting to “achieve”.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

I intensely dislike this achievement. Why? Because it is the first achievement I’ve felt compelled to complete in an unnatural way. All my other achievements in GW2 I’ve completed by natural progression.

This achievement depends so much on luck that it is pointless to waste your time trying to get this achievement by normal game-play.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

It really is, got the crab with ten seconds remaining and BAM! Nothing. This crap needs changed.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Crabtacular Achievement

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

It really is, got the crab with ten seconds remaining and BAM! Nothing. This crap needs changed.

That’s not even how the achievement works. You’re supposed to grab the crab and get all the other players to die to Karka while you run away with it.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye