I didn't mind Southsun Cove, now I hate it.

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

I was there during the event in killing the Karka and even though the event “bombed” at the end, I had fun exploring the isle; fully. Now, I am doing it again for the story update and this place sucks.

I can’t sit for 2 seconds (literally) at the old entrance camp sites, without some event or wild life; attack the place every 3 minutes; after a previous event or wild life situation.

On top of that, I am constantly bombarded by NPCs that you have to kill, to the point that this place is more “Clustered” than other parts of the world and its so bad to the mark that I am no longer admiring the isle on its out take but more I am trying “Not to die” by additional mobs or high respawn rates or stumbling on to a mob veteran mobs (which seems to be everywhere).

I am not quite sure what you did Arenanet to the place but its just so “clustered” with mobs and events and now with this article update that you want to update the game with small patches every 2 weeks, it really seems a bit too much on a casual’s perspective.

Pretty sure you did not mean to make the Isle like that and “Fun” was on your perspective but the amount of “Trash Mobs” just to explore, needs to be toned down by alot so there is some breathing space to actually absorb the surroundings.

I understand that almost 2 weeks has passed but I am really turned off by the “Cluster” of events and mobs, on top of that, frustrated in trying to do these achievements.

Honestly, maybe in the benefit of the doubt, after trying to readjust my gameplay back to getting use to GW2 game mechanics, I am being a little rusty.

However, if I am still turned off after giving it one more day with 12 hours of gameplay, I honestly dont think I will bother or look forward to the May 28th patch.

Everything in this post is a personal opinion but in this latest patch, it really does suck. I dont know but it just seems to be harsh on players that come back at a later date and seems to be a on a path that is “unforgiving” to players that leave 3 or more weeks (If future zones are going to be this “clustered”).

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

This is due to the living story event. If you haven’t caught up or paid attention, you would have realized that Southsun is in a total mess with all the wildlife becoming aggressive and attacking everywhere (hence why the huge density/vets). To top that off, the settlers and consortium are at each others throats (hence why the frequent events).

It will be dispersed and calmed down after the living story is over. It’s part of the living story to make it more realistic, if you don’t like it then don’t go there until it is over.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Moreover, don’t leave your keyboard in a danger zone and wonder why you ended up a casualty.

Port to a safe spot or a town.

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Zelkovan.2630

There’s a living story and there’s pushing something too far. I understand why the events and wild life are high is because of the heavy requirement of achievements, plus this stupid idea of new small content updates every 2 weeks; which kind of kills the point of being a casual MMO.

Yes, I could ignore the event all together but then again, as a casual I should be able to come back to the game at whenever and be able to catch up naturally, with this suncove patch its all “thrown” at you whichever which way and its very unorganized.

@ CETheLucid.3964

The point I was trying to make here, is in example but not related to the main point, I couldn’t stop to open a bottle water, add some tea, shake it, and take a drink without something killing me each time.

Now going back to the main point, after the karka event in 2012, a couple months back; I fully explored this isle and did the events.

When coming back and trying to catch up to the update on this place, I felt confused, died alot, forced into situations without given a time to absorb certain situations, and most of the time (if not all), I really couldn’t stop for a breather to read the text or listen to NPCs, get all the small detail changes to the environment, and most of all step back and do the achievements, required to explore; without getting into events or attack by mobs.

There is a point to making it more diverse but like I said, it was over done. It is not in the flow of the rest of the world in dynamic events and its the same annoying mob spawn areas and respawn rate as in Orr.

Frankly, I am not seeing, understanding, or enjoying the PvE side of this new updated area and have to say, its quite a Fail if I have to go to other websites to explain some of the story but I am not being exposed to the “small” details on the isle.

The achievements need to be nerfed as that is what is the whole reason the craziness. This experiment of updating content every 2 weeks, doesn’t justify this situation. Otherwise ton down the events and cluster of mobs to a proper level.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I can’t sit for 2 seconds (literally) at the old entrance camp sites, without some event or wild life; attack the place every 3 minutes; after a previous event or wild life situation.

So how about learning to adapt and NOT leave your keyboard while your´re there?
Learn to port or even logging out (*gasp) or just don´t go there anymore.

Cluttering up the fora with yet another whine about a non-problem is not helpful at all.

What´s really kittening up Southsun is the ridiculous DR, definitely not the actually welcome and challenging mob density.

Polish > hype

Shadowlancer.7102

@ HawkMeister.4758

Sorry but I play MMOs on a casual gameplay, I dont play Hardcore mode and really there has been many discussion of Hardcore and Elitist mode people/players are a dying breed on many other MMO threads.

You may be 1% that enjoys the difficulty but if I wanted that, I play a different MMO. What you are saying you like, goes against what was said what GW2 was going to be for causal players.

However to sum up your statement, you basically said “You will learn… to like it.

Which is a wrong.

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

The point I was trying to make here, is in example but not related to the main point, I couldn’t stop to open a bottle water, add some tea, shake it, and take a drink without something killing me each time.

There are a lot of save spots all over the island. Just look around.
These stairways to the plattforms of the huts and the plattforms themselves are save. I never was killed when I stood there. Or you could just port to Pearl Islet. There you are save, too. Or – as someone mentioned before – logg into character-screen.

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Niyo.5920

Yeah but the problem is, which people are distracted by that statement, was when I came back to that area and I quote “I felt lost, confused, and flustered” as in re-learning a zone that is no longer the same.

Frankly, I am kinda tired explaining myself, sharing opinions of my own, only to get back lashed by the bad side of the community.

I clearly said that mobs and events need to be toned down to be balanced but seeing how people would argue over the dumbest of things, tells me this game host a bad community and when that happens, you basically no longer have a game.

I will enjoy my fond memories of leveling up my Charr characters but this game is leaning towards an “Asian type MMO” set up and I… don’t like those kinds of MMO.

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

@ Niyo.5920

Yeah but the problem is, which people are distracted by that statement, was when I came back to that area and I quote “I felt lost, confused, and flustered” as in re-learning a zone that is no longer the same.

Frankly, I am kinda tired explaining myself, sharing opinions of my own, only to get back lashed by the bad side of the community.

Its the apocalypse thanks to The Consortium.. Off course things have changed! There’s so much info everywhere its almost impossible to be lost and confused and that’s not counting the sheer number of people who can help you out. It just seems you want SC to return back to being deserted (I miss it a bit but doesn’t feel like a time sink now as you can actually do events).

This is by far the most casual thing EVER in the game and not sure how you find levelling a character before more memory worth than now. So much easier in groups and non stop events + the buffs make drops worthwhile and regular!

Though it seems anyone who disagrees is ‘bad’ so each to their own. SC is a snorefest compared to typical Asian MMOs anyway. Once we sort this mess out, things won’t be as hectic anymore since all the new events are based solely on this mess If this isn’t casual, not sure how you survived Wintersday and Halloween.. Just my two cents. Not for everyone but requires so little effort to get achievement even the most casual of people can do it quickly and never go back to SC till the next chapter.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

Shadowlancer.7102

@ nglcpyro.4906

Some parts I agree, some I dont.

However since its only a personal opinion after 2 weeks of even being live, the first impression wasn’t good. When you have that, it sorta reflects a flaw. You can have 100 posters agreeing its okay and 100 posters disagreeing that there are other flaws but, again first impressions are what count.

Since I, in my own choice, decided not to bother with legendarys, the crafting system being a joke since most of it is for cosmetic and nothing meaningful, on top of that finding achievements a bore, dont bother making alts because its too much of a hassle, and gearing these alts up to exotic; the game’s appeal is becoming less and kitten ther to even check up on it. The whole…. “Dynamic Event” is becoming repetitive.

So what’s left for a game’s appeal? Nothing much after this patch. Frankly Arenanet needs to experiment more because its boring right now, when you take away the grinding proposed “end game” situations.

Posted by: Punk Rogue.9856

Punk Rogue.9856

I get what you’re saying Shadowlancer.7102. I also like the casual pace of the PvE world prior to Orr. Though I do think that there’s room for places like Southsun Cove for those that are looking for non-stop fighting. While it isn’t the best in regards to fun for me, there are times I crave that pace.

I get that there are story elements that progress world lore there and I do wish that there was a better separation between the fighting and those elements. When it comes to the achievements I put on my mercenary hat and mindlessly fight like the rest of the people on Southsun. The amount of people flocking to the area’s have made this task much easier.

The way I see it, the first part of the Flame and Frost was for players like me. It was fun and for the most part solo-able. That this new event lands in another player type demographic and that Southsun is way off to the side and not in the middle of the main world is cool with me.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’m a casual player, and I’m having a lot of fun in South Sun. Best loot I’ve ever gotten in this game, and I’ve been doing it all solo.

If you go AFK, port to the Heart of the Mist, then port back when you resume. The living story in South Sun is only for a little while longer. It’s a big world. Adventure somewhere else. Sounds like you just don’t care for the game.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

the southeast WP town is the only safe one. There’s also a lot of areas where you can climb up rocks to idle like the spot between the NE and East Mid WP where people wait for instigator event. The town/camp events will probably camp down after the living story stuff.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

@the OP:

the whole point of this living story event was to make southsun into a clusterkitten
the overabundance of mobs is to show that and breath life into the situation. I am a casual player and i finished the content with no issues. I actually thought there would be even more mobs then there were. It doesn’t even feel cluttered to me

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I spent half a day there to get my back pieces and haven’t been back since. I’m boycotting the island for the duration of the event.

There’s nothing fun about killing the same mobs over and over again.
There’s nothing fun about repeatedly banging your head against the wall to farm crates/skins.
There’s nothing fun about a story that reduces the player to lowly grunt work by poorly written, lazy, generic NPCs (Yes, Kiel, Canach, Noll, etc….all just generic lowlifes who don’t deserve the honor of licking the dust from my boots).

I very much want to feel powerful and important in a place like Southsun. I don’t want to feel like I’m the lackey, grunt or henchman of the NPCs.

This is supposed to be a RPG. I don’t role-play a slave so, please, stop treating me like one.

(edited by Elbegast.6970)

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

If you AFK, take a second to hit escape and click logout. Or Heart of the Mists.

If you have stacks that you don’t want to lose or something else, port to Pearl Islet – this is apparently Southsun’s new ‘hub’ and a very safe Akitten zone now.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you dont go for cosmetics or alts why do you still play the game? Im curious because the only reason most people play the game after completing the personal story is for skins and achievements or pvp. And i think going for skins is a very casual side to the game. Unless you try to get them as fast as possible.

Posted by: ASaturnus.4980

ASaturnus.4980

I very much want to feel powerful and important in a place like Southsun. I don’t want to feel like I’m the lackey, grunt or henchman of the NPCs.

This is supposed to be a RPG. I don’t role-play a slave so, please, stop treating me like one.

You play what you play in every MMO: the guy who helps out in times of trouble. Just like 1000000 other people. Southsun cove is meant to be challenging, if it’s too hard, go somewhere else. And if you want to be the hero of the story, play a single-player RPG, because you can’t in a MMO.

Niyo.5920

Some people don’t understand that GW2 is exactly that: A game in which you don’t hunt for the best equip but collect skins you want.
That was clear from the beginnig. I don’t get it that there are still people who mention this as a “problem” of the game. It’s not. It’s like GW was since GW1.

In my opinion Southsun IS not easy and I, too, die alot. But it’s fun now that there are so many people back now. In the months between the november-event and the beginning of this event I had no reason to go back there and that was a pity. Now it’s a lot of more fun even if it’s hard to survive. But there is action and people are helping each other. That’s really cool, I think.
Only the draken are too frustrating with their extremely aggressive confusion.

But if someone doesn’t like Southsun: Just don’t go there. The world is big enough. Some people don’t even KNOW that Southsun was an explorable Area till this event.

Besides… there are people who like the NPCs and the Story Telling there. You can see it on the other threads.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Some people don’t understand that GW2 is exactly that: A game in which you don’t hunt for the best equip but collect skins you want.
That was clear from the beginnig. I don’t get it that there are still people who mention this as a “problem” of the game. It’s not. It’s like GW was since GW1.

Yes in theory, no in execution. This because if you find a skin you like, but it is either on a level 80 item or you want the stats of a level 80 item underneath it, you need to find transmutation crystals. Good luck with that without gold farming or swiping your credit card for gems.

Skin collecting may have been a argument if the game had a actual wardrobe, making the worn skin independent of the worn stats (even something as simple as a second equip row that only provided the skin, perhaps selling access to more such in the same way that they sell bank and inventory slots). But as long as it takes a rare-ish consumable to mess around with skins, most will go for stats and ignore the skins.

Niyo.5920

You can play the game… with that you find gold and can buy the transmutation stones. Or you complete maps and have the luck to get some. That doesn’t change the fact that THAT is GW. To collect the skins you want and do what you have to, to transmute it to your armour.
If that would be a 5-minute-easy-walk you wouldn’t have to PLAY the game.
Or do you want to just log-in and buy the skin you want and then log-out because you have nothing else to do?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

DCUO, find armor in the field, wear it once, skin unlocked forever for me to mix and match. LOTRO, main gear page applies both skin and stats, secondary pages (1 for free, others unlockable) apply only skin for the that gear slot. Both are superior to the mess that is transmutation stones.

And no, it is not because it is easy to find and use. I still need to hunt down the skins i want. But once i have them i can mix and match without LOSS!

That is the problem, that the underlying gear is consumed. If i transmute the skin of one item onto the stats of another, the skin of that other is forever overwritten.

The only way to build up a wardrobe is to cram the bank full of armor items. But with the amount of soul and account bound stuff that the game sprinkles about, you do not really have room.

ASaturnus.4980

@digiowl, nothing of that has anything to do with the topic.

Posted by: Punk Rogue.9856

Punk Rogue.9856

I really like that idea Digiowl. Thakittens been done in other games is also very cool and shows thakittens not an unrealistic goal.

Elbegast.6970

You play what you play in every MMO: the guy who helps out in times of trouble. Just like 1000000 other people. Southsun cove is meant to be challenging, if it’s too hard, go somewhere else. And if you want to be the hero of the story, play a single-player RPG, because you can’t in a MMO.

I assume you never played swtor. The personal storyline made you feel like you were the most powerful, most important being in all the known universe.

WoW and GW2 make you feel like a subjugate of lesser beings. If I don’t feel important to the story, I don’t feel motivated to play.

And, please, stop telling people to play single player RPGs. I enjoy seeing other players in the game world. What I don’t enjoy is being assigned footwork by generic NPCs that are too lazy to leave camp and attempt it themselves.

If they want me to kill Karka for them, they should tell me that they are not powerful enough to defend themselves and should then proceed to beg and grovel for my assistance. I have had enough of Kiel’s lip. And those Asura….so arrogant yet so small and weak. I would kill them on sight for saying “Hey you, come here and listen!”, if only the game mechanics would allow it.

ASaturnus.4980

No, I didn’t play SWTOR. But the personal storyline of GW2 allows you to do many heroic things too, but that’s just illusion created by the need for gameplay. It’s not you that formed the Pact, it’s Trahearne. I don’t know how it’s handled in SWTOR, but in the ongoing story of a MMO, no player can be the hero.
And the NPCs don’t need to beg and grovel, there are a thousand other guys ready to do that footwork. You are not alone in the world of Tyria and you’re not by far the most powerful. Deal with it.

Elbegast.6970

No, I didn’t play SWTOR. But the personal storyline of GW2 allows you to do many heroic things too, but that’s just illusion created by the need for gameplay. It’s not you that formed the Pact, it’s Trahearne. I don’t know how it’s handled in SWTOR, but in the ongoing story of a MMO, no player can be the hero.
And the NPCs don’t need to beg and grovel, there are a thousand other guys ready to do that footwork. You are not alone in the world of Tyria and you’re not by far the most powerful. Deal with it.

So, you are saying that a mmoRPG should make the player feel generic and unimportant in the storyline? Sorry, but that is what real life is for. In a fantasy RPG, your character should feel important and powerful. You should feel as if your decisions have a direct impact on the game world as well as the characters around you.

I’ve never met anyone interested in role-playing a plumber, janitor, ditch-digger, etc.

In swtor, everyone (npcs) bowed and begged and groveled at my feet. They feared my very presence. As the 1st part of the storyline ended, I was just about to hunt down and kill the emperor, himself, usurp the throne and become emperor of the galaxy.

Niyo.5920

In swtor, everyone (npcs) bowed and begged and groveled at my feet. They feared my very presence. As the 1st part of the storyline ended, I was just about to hunt down and kill the emperor, himself, usurp the throne and become emperor of the galaxy.

You and every other player in the game, I suppose. When EVERYone is such powerful, as you, then you are only one unimportant guy like all the others, cause you are no hero (or maybe antihero), you are only one among many. Similar to GW2 and other games. With the exception that it’s more realistic in GW2.

Posted by: Dasroth.9236

Dasroth.9236

In my opinion MMO’s these days are great but if your into comparing them against one another any way you go there are going to be things that you really liked about each one and things you didn’t like about each one. Everyone has a different viewpoint about what makes a good mmo. If the things that you dislike far outweigh the thing you like ask yourself why are you still playing. As far as content patches go guild wars has some of the most laid back content patches I’ve seen giving you a small number of tasks to do to complete achievement/rewards but at the same time giving you incentive to log in to see the new updates and changes on a bi-weekly/monthly basis.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I’m having a lot of fun there watching players getting killed while away in dangerous areas, reviving them and watching them die again. Stupidity has to be punished.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Niyo.5920

I’m having a lot of fun there watching players getting killed while away in dangerous areas, reviving them and watching them die again. Stupidity has to be punished.

When I see your signature I think I know which guy you mean.
I can’t understand why there are people who are standing in an extremely dangerous area and are akitten (away from keyboard, ok forum? -.-) for hours. And the next day he was there, too. On exact the same place and akitten like the other day… and of course with no clothes on, cause people rezzed him. Why? Maybe some kind of experiment to see how many people will rezz someone with no clothes on? Can’t understand it.

EDIT: Started to hate these stupid kitten in this forum really much! -.-

(edited by Niyo.5920)

ASaturnus.4980

So, you are saying that a mmoRPG should make the player feel generic and unimportant in the storyline? Sorry, but that is what real life is for. In a fantasy RPG, your character should feel important and powerful. You should feel as if your decisions have a direct impact on the game world as well as the characters around you.

I’ve never met anyone interested in role-playing a plumber, janitor, ditch-digger, etc.

Firstly, only a small minority of players role-plays anything and those who do, don’t role-play to be emperor because that makes it hard to play with others. Games are called RPG when your avatar has character traits, it has little to do with actual role-play.
Further, so you can become emperor in SWTOR? That sounds… silly, and it certainly wouldn’t help me feeling immersed into the story, because I never heard of emperor Elbegast or whatever. In a MMO I would rather have a story in which I help the heroes achieve something, because that means I can share this story with all other players. Of course, if you need to have people grovel before you…

Elbegast.6970

Further, so you can become emperor in SWTOR? That sounds… silly, and it certainly wouldn’t help me feeling immersed into the story, because I never heard of emperor Elbegast or whatever. In a MMO I would rather have a story in which I help the heroes achieve something, because that means I can share this story with all other players. Of course, if you need to have people grovel before you…

No, you didn’t become the emperor. But the storyline had you believing that you were on the path to do so. It made you feel very important to the story and gave the impression that the plot line would collapse without your character’s direct involvement. (I played a Sith Inquisitor). It was a good feeling and one of the best storylines I have ever experienced in any game (not just in mmos).

I don’t want to help the heroes; I want to be the hero. Being a squire or a side-kick is no fun (for me anyway).

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Commenting on the OP, as mentioned before, the density of the mobs and the lack of safe spawn points is part of the storyline, intended to give the sense that this is a poorly conceived resort area where, at this point, everyone is at each other’s throats, including the wildlife. To address the OP’s complaints about the area not being casual-friendly, one of the things that GW2 gets right is diversity of playstyle. Between WvWvW, PvP, upscaling and downscaling of areas, and now, the living story arcs, this game has strived so hard to make the game an open sandbox to find the area that appeals to you, whether it be content or skill level.

As a constructive comment to the OP, Southsun is an area with a unique playstyle and yeah, you either adapt to the style that it takes to survive (constant attention to mobs) or you die.

Niyo.5920

I don’t want to help the heroes; I want to be the hero. Being a squire or a side-kick is no fun (for me anyway).

Then maybe you should play those games in which you can be the hero. If GW2 disappoints you too much you don’t need to play it.
I wouldn’t play a game which I don’t like. Some things that I’m not that excited about are ok, but if it’s too much and too few things I like, I would quit.

I for myself like the Southsun-Story. My character helps Kiel to investigate, cause Kiel has other things to do. Quite logical to me. I for myself don’t want to be the hero. My characters want to be important in another way not because they are the mightiest.

Posted by: Beligerent.1324

Beligerent.1324

I was there during the event in killing the Karka and even though the event “bombed” at the end, I had fun exploring the isle; fully. Now, I am doing it again for the story update and this place sucks.

On top of that, I am constantly bombarded by NPCs that you have to kill, to the point that this place is more “Clustered” than other parts of the world and its so bad to the mark that I am no longer admiring the isle on its out take but more I am trying “Not to die” by additional mobs or high respawn rates or stumbling on to a mob veteran mobs (which seems to be everywhere).

I am not quite sure what you did Arenanet to the place but its just so “clustered” with mobs and events and now with this article update that you want to update the game with small patches every 2 weeks, it really seems a bit too much on a casual’s perspective.

Pretty sure you did not mean to make the Isle like that and “Fun” was on your perspective but the amount of “Trash Mobs” just to explore, needs to be toned down by alot so there is some breathing space to actually absorb the surroundings.

I understand that almost 2 weeks has passed but I am really turned off by the “Cluster” of events and mobs, on top of that, frustrated in trying to do these achievements.

Honestly, maybe in the benefit of the doubt, after trying to readjust my gameplay back to getting use to GW2 game mechanics, I am being a little rusty.

However, if I am still turned off after giving it one more day with 12 hours of gameplay, I honestly dont think I will bother or look forward to the May 28th patch.

Everything in this post is a personal opinion but in this latest patch, it really does suck. I dont know but it just seems to be harsh on players that come back at a later date and seems to be a on a path that is “unforgiving” to players that leave 3 or more weeks (If future zones are going to be this “clustered”).

I’m sorry but I think you’re being overly dramatic. I did all the achievements that I possibly could (couldn’t get the one where you eat an omelet because I’m not level 75 yet) and I found it quite easy to avoid mobs and only died once while getting all the achievements.

Also, it’s a living story where the wildlife and settlers are warring against players and NPCs. It’s like a mini-war, so what did you expect? If you’re really having that many problems I’m going to have to chalk up to you being a bad player because it’s not harsh at all. To be honest I thought it could have been made more difficult (besides the Crab Toss and two alternating events with the Settlers).

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

There are plenty of ‘safe’ spots to park yourself. You just need to find the spots upwards high enough that you don’t get noticed. Get up into the higher huts (go for the ones with bridges, though I did see a Karka take out a single standing hut but didn’t touch the bridged ones) There are also a lot of higher rocks to get up to out in the wilds that are reasonably safe. That or port over to Pearl Island. The boat where the Bank and Trading Post are is pretty safe as well. At the big fort there is a tower there by one of the entrances that is really high and a great place to stop if you have to go away for a bit (great view, too, for the Instigator battle). You just have to pick wisely where you park yourself and not plop down just anywhere.

The storyline is that folk are being resettled, so now there is a higher population, there are tensions and conflicts. The wildlife is upset so the area is more disrupted so it is to be expected to have a lot more going on within the populated areas and out on the plains than before. Obviously Southsun is not the R&R place the consortium is advertising.

I like the storyline and the ‘dangerous’ wild west aspect of the outposts and having to keep one’s wits about oneself when wandering afield. You definitely have to keep on your toes lest a Karka do a rollover on you or a Reef Rider whacks you from afar.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

There are many safe spots in the map and the island has… 10 events in total? They pop far too often but that may be because the living story is going on.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I assume you never played swtor. The personal storyline made you feel like you were the most powerful, most important being in all the known universe.

I must’ve been playing a different SWTOR, the story there made me feel like I was the Republic’s clean-up crew.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Elbegast.6970

I must’ve been playing a different SWTOR, the story there made me feel like I was the Republic’s clean-up crew.

Maybe you should have gone Sith. The Inquisitor storyline was nothing short of masterpiece. It could have been the script to it’s very own high budget movie.

Posted by: heymermaid.9560

heymermaid.9560

I think we all need to make room in the world for content we don’t like. We need to accept, deep-down, that we will like some parts much more than other parts—and that the game will sometimes be set up to reward participating in those areas we don’t like!

This isn’t me being harsh or like, “GO TO ANOTHER ZONE,” but GW2 is a compromise between millions and millions of players. I think we all wish that Activity A was more like Activity B sometimes, but there are players who love Activity A and they deserve to have it in their game.

Niyo.5920

I think we all need to make room in the world for content we don’t like. We need to accept, deep-down, that we will like some parts much more than other parts—and that the game will sometimes be set up to reward participating in those areas we don’t like!

This isn’t me being harsh or like, “GO TO ANOTHER ZONE,” but GW2 is a compromise between millions and millions of players. I think we all wish that Activity A was more like Activity B sometimes, but there are players who love Activity A and they deserve to have it in their game.

Well spoken.