Is Crab Toss staying or not?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Johasthan.1327

Johasthan.1327

I guess this info must be out there somewhere but I’ve searched the forum and found no real or final answer, so, direct question.

Is Crab Toss activity gone after the Southsun event?

If it is gone, as a petition, please keep it in, just for fun. Rewards can be balanced, bugs can be solved so people can get their achivements, some achivements can be in the daily rotation much like Keg Brawl and just give something to do to players who like the activity, like me. I really can’t see any reason to remove it.

Anyhow, if it’s not going to be there after the event, is there any chance the activity come back sometime in the future? Because activities introduced in Halloween or Xmas can be back each year, but not seems to be very likely that Crab Toss can be back if it is removed.

Posted by: ExoGeni.9248

ExoGeni.9248

My thoughts exactly, just give us an answer please.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

They did, but it’s just become buried in threads, and the thread title doesn’t directly ask the question.

The answer is: No. It’s not staying.

The game draws inspiration from the crab guild challenge but plays a bit differently. There’s achievements, titles, and prizes for participants and winners.

Crab Toss will only be around for the duration of living story events at Southsun Cove. But don’t be too sad, as far as activities go, you might have a very exciting year ahead of you.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/Crab-Tossing-A-new-mini-game

Posted by: Supremelo.8437

Supremelo.8437

The game draws inspiration from the crab guild challenge but plays a bit differently. There’s achievements, titles, and prizes for participants and winners.

Crab Toss will only be around for the duration of living story events at Southsun Cove. But don’t be too sad, as far as activities go, you might have a very exciting year ahead of you.

Key Word: “might”

Gotta love Arenanet’s convenient ambiguity.

Posted by: spitfirejunky.1360

spitfirejunky.1360

This is crap, the achievements have been bugged for days.

Can we get an extension at least?

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

SERIOUSLY, this
This crap has been bugged for quite a bit, it’s not fair to remove them when the achievements flat out don’t work anymore

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I agree I can’t complete the achievements related to crab toss because I get no credit at all

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t know why they keep introducing and removing all these actually fun minigames while leaving in the completely mundane keg brawl. The halloween and wintersday minigames were a blast, and crabtoss is even better! Honestly I’ve almost had more fun with these minigames than ACTUAL sPvP, but Anet keeps removing them for who knows what reason.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Kyrath.6350

Kyrath.6350

Totally agreed .. I’d not been aware crab toss was bugged, I’d been working on other stuff for a while, before coming back to it. To play it for well over an hour only to find no further progress on the titles is pretty annoying, given that I only have limited time to play, and crab toss is due to be removed very soon …. please don’t remove it until you’ve fixed this and given everyone a chance to catch up.

Posted by: Johasthan.1327

Johasthan.1327

They did, but it’s just become buried in threads, and the thread title doesn’t directly ask the question.

The answer is: No. It’s not staying.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/Crab-Tossing-A-new-mini-game

Now I remember reading that at the beginning of the event. But with all the complains about the achievements being bugged, people asking to keep Crab Toss in the game and by not affecting any other thing within the game, I hope they change their minds.

Can’t see any other “official” statement so I guess we can only wait and see.

C’mon! Keep settlers (and players) entertained!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I love Crab Toss and would like to see it stay, but I also understand it’s a contentious activity and won’t be too upset if it goes.

I do agree that the achievement progress being bugged for so long necessitates an extension to the activity though. It’s not fair to the people who are trying to get the achievement otherwise.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I love Crab Toss and would like to see it stay, but I also understand it’s a contentious activity and won’t be too upset if it goes.

I do agree that the achievement progress being bugged for so long necessitates an extension to the activity though. It’s not fair to the people who are trying to get the achievement otherwise.

If they do not extend the duration of the crab toss than Anet will NOT be seeing ANY more of my money. Having it bugged for so long with them not even trying to fix it makes you see them for how they really are. It’s totally unacceptable.

Not even commenting on the issue only makes it worse. They would rather make more RNG boxes than try to fix a bug in one of their events.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Somebody claimed that they read that Crab Toss would stay and listed the patch notes as their source, but the patch notes don’t say anything to this effect, so don’t know.

I think extending the deadline would be the least ANet can do for players who couldn’t get the achievements, but I’d be happy for Crab Toss to stay. I don’t see what’s to be gained by removing it.

Posted by: bramblefeet.4385

bramblefeet.4385

Would also like to see crab toss get extended temporarily, just got Crabtacular for the third time (the other few players kindly stood in the middle so I could get it) and got 80 carries in another game and neither achievement has progressed. I don’t want to miss my first time-limited achievements because of a bug that’s been going on for a couple of weeks.

Posted by: Ekriel.9601

Ekriel.9601

Just guested onto two other servers and it looks like its bugged in several different ways depending on where you are, but bugged pretty much everywhere. Other events have all had content extended when bugs prevented people from progressing. If this doesn’t get extended I’ll be both surprised and disappointed in Anet.