Kasameer's armor: Amazing

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Please tell me that is light armor that will be sold on the 28th, because it looks AMAZING!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-paradise/

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Looks more like heavy armor to me since it is metal plate based. I would be happy to be proven wrong however, for my ele’s sake.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Some of the light armors in the game have shiney metal on it, like the Orr exotic set…But yeah I can’t tell what it is either because some leather pieces do as well. Maybe it’ll be for all types, for once if we even get it in the gem shop? Cause it would be depressing for only 1 armor type to get a new skin and the others don’t, or have to wait for months.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I want that armor so bad… it looks amazing

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

Can I have her hair?

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The chances of getting that armor outside of RNG / Cash Shop / At All is close to 0%

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Sorry to disappoint you guys:

no new armor models in the southsun shore story stuff.

Although looking like a crab would be pretty sweet.

This was posted after people were talking about a gem store armour set that was mined from the dat. There was one for light, medium and heavy. So far we’ve seen two new armour sets added to the game. One is the one Braham wears in Flame and Frost. The second is the one talked about in this thread. From the sounds of it Kasmeer will be a important story NPC in the future, similair to Braham and Rox. She seems to have some kind of purpose on the island rather than just being a tourist (if you read the short story on the website) and I suspect she might be the token human in the new Destiny’s Edge (so we have Braham the norn, Rox the charr and Kasmeer the human), at the very least they have confirmed she will have more to do with upcoming content (whether it be on the island, off of it or probably both). They probably just want to make their story NPCs look cool and unique. If they made this armour skin available to players they would need to fit it to multiple races and both genders, which is a lot more work than just making Rox and Braham’s weapons available to players.

Unless Robert was mistaken with his post, you won’t be able to obtain her armour from the Secret of Southsun content.

Shanna.4762

All of Destiny’s Edge are wearing cultural armors, so while we may not get it in the gem shop I guess they may add a T4 cultural which will depress me to no end whatsoever.

WTB new armor skins in the gem shop!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

She’s likely part of the last half of the Secrets of Southsun. Probably is the one you do the dungeon with to apprehend Canach.

DanteZero.9736

What? Anet, you don’t want to shut up and take my money? I would have bought 800 (or even 1200) gems in a heartbeat for this armor!

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Its half naked and poofy, must be light armor or a-net suddenly took their light armor philosophy and applied it to more than 10% of the heavy/medium armor sets.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Reminds me of Paragon armor

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Don’t worry guys…as long as there’s something that can milk the money from your wallet or parents, ANet will always add it in gemstore chests.

Just have patience…u will have enough time to spend all your moneyz.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Hmmm hot, blonde, pretty, gold-white armor, shiny and frilly things like the Mursaat sticking around it.
Yep she’s the evil person in this game, probably the person those Molten were talking about.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Why arenanet First Braham and now Kasmeer Stop giving NPCs the pretty armor.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Looks reminiscent of Paragon armor from GW1. Very nice tho.

Posted by: Hope.8612

Hope.8612

Yeah I’d say that looks like light armor. Love the shoulders, rest is kinda “meh” imo. Would kill for the hair though… if I mained a human. :P I’d kill for a sylvari adapted version though!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Looks like a paragon.

Can we chuck spears yet?

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think it’s light armor. I’m collecting a set of light armor pieces that look metallic when combined for my future Largos Mesmer (I know it’s a long shot but I’m so desperate to get him… xD). For example the Kodan Dungeon boots or the Dredge Dungeon chest piece among other pieces, when combined it’s very dynamic, doesn’t feel like a robe and looks metallic. At least the preview of the combined parts in my Human character looks nice.

If Kasmeer would end up being part of the “young DE” like Rox and Braham (and she covers the “opposite sex than racial representative on DE” condition :P) I think Mesmer would suit her fine and is one of the professions still not represented in the group.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It’s only amazing because it’s the first actual armor skin outside of the on-release ones.

God this is pathetic to watch.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

She looks great, no doubt about that. Why do I run around in bad looking armour Anet, gimme some love

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Looks reminiscent of Paragon armor from GW1. Very nice tho.

You are totally right, paragon armor was one of my favorites in GW1, probably why I love this armor so much.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Her armor looks awesome! But if she’s the new DE, will she also have a thing for Queen Jenna? (wink wink nod nod)

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I agree! As soon as I read that post earlier, I was like, OMG. Her armour is gorgeous. I want it…

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Yeah, I don’t get why we haven’t had any new armors in the gem store since launch either. There are some existing NPC armors and new ones that have been added that would seem no-brainers for gem store sale, but nada.

The awkward functionality of Town Clothes makes them of much, much more limited appeal than full armor skins. I’m glad they are expanding those offerings, but it seems to me their priorities are completely backwards in putting Town Clothing before Armor Skins.

DanteZero.9736

It’s only amazing because it’s the first actual armor skin outside of the on-release ones.

God this is pathetic to watch.

While it’s true that this could be the first non-release armor, it doesn’t make the excitement for new armor pathetic. If anything, I’m equally excited for armor I would consider nice looking.

When I first saw Brahm’s armor, mace, and shield, I merely shrugged it off because I didn’t find it that great looking. Same went for Rox’s bow and quiver in that it was new, it looked nice, but wasn’t that exciting.

As for Kasameer’s armor, it’s new, it looks nice, and I find it exciting, so what is so pathetic about this?

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

The gloves and pants are invaders armor. The shoulders look very similar to invaders armor. It is heavy for female. Go to WvW sometime.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

When I see her armor of the white and gold I instantly think: WHITE MANTLE. But I could be wrong. Did anyone else think that or am I just bonkers? Not to mention her being all Miss Shady. Just some food for thought.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

When I see her armor of the white and gold I instantly think: WHITE MANTLE. But I could be wrong. Did anyone else think that or am I just bonkers? Not to mention her being all Miss Shady. Just some food for thought.

Naw its not just you, I’m thinking it as well.

Her armor looks awesome! But if she’s the new DE, will she also have a thing for Queen Jenna? (wink wink nod nod)

With our luck she’ll go for Smodur the Unflinching or Knut Whitebear

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

The gloves and pants are invaders armor. The shoulders look very similar to invaders armor. It is heavy for female. Go to WvW sometime.

I don’t think they look similar at all, you should take another look.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Ah, I was getting the characters mixed up. Thought you guys were talking about the one who’s back was facing us.

Attachments:

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Ya I hate that npc’s have better looking armor than the players

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Yup, looks pretty cool.

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Love the detailing on it. the feathers on her skirt, especially. ^^

Shanna.4762

Yep, I’m sort of suspecting white mantle. But I’m also still unsure what armor classification that is. It looks like light armor, but also could pass as heavy, or even medium armor…Eh..As I said before maybe it’s all 3 if it’s a gem store thing in the future lol.

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

I would like to refer everyone calling poor Kasmeer a White Mantle infiltrator to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Nemesis-in-Living-Story/first#post2069527

On topic: yes, it is amazing and my human mesmer would probably spend all her money on it. However, since we now have another armor for NPCs that is currently unavailable to players, these beauties should not be forgotten either:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/a4/Default_armor_colors_render.jpg

Light armor on the far right (it actually appeared in the Chaos Storm skill video on the mesmer page, too)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/ac/Human_dress_%28saucy%29_render.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/09/Human_female_2_render.jpg

This one appeared first in the Races of Tyria trailer, and the screenshot with a lady wearing this is still up on the main Human page here. In-game it is worn by Krytan nobles and rich merchants, and… female Orrian nobles also used to be donned in such clothes.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Shanna.4762

I would like to refer everyone calling poor Kasmeer a White Mantle infiltrator to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Nemesis-in-Living-Story/first#post2069527

On topic: yes, it is amazing and my human mesmer would probably spend all her money on it. However, since we now have another armor for NPCs that is currently unavailable to players, these beauties should not be forgotten either:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/a4/Default_armor_colors_render.jpg

Light armor on the far right (it actually appeared in the Chaos Storm skill video on the mesmer page, too)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/a/ac/Human_dress_%28saucy%29_render.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/09/Human_female_2_render.jpg

This one appeared first in the Races of Tyria trailer, and the screenshot with a lady wearing this is still up on the main Human page here. In-game it is worn by Krytan nobles and rich merchants, and… female Orrian nobles also used to be donned in such clothes.

Yeah, I want the armor at the end of that 1st link. I had assumed it would of been a gem shop set prior to launch but now I don’t know whether or not we’ll even get new gem shop armor skins or not.

On this note, Lady Kasmeer Meade’s armor won’t be from this update or the next but perhaps the June update which sounds like it will take us back to Divinity’s Reach to deal with an all new living story, where Lady Kasmeer makes her formal debut and we will find out what “class” she is, and thus probably what armor classification that set is lol.

This information is what I derived from the interview on MMOreport, combined with what a dev said about the armor somewhere on this forum and how it’s not coming from South Sun, specifically.

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

Kasmeer’s armor also looks very sunspear-like, which could mean she is part of the Mordant Crescent, which would explain why Anet is putting the “hippo mini” and the “lion mini” etc, on the Black Lions. Those are Elonian animals. It could hint at that, but all in all this is all theory until Anet releases more. I also kind of like the idea of her being in the Mordant Crescent. Also the armor on the first armor link, second from the left. That looks almost exactly like the vigil armor…

(edited by Oliver.4017)