Not going to spend money

Not going to spend money

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Beligerent.1324

Beligerent.1324

Not until you make an official statement that you have plans to never sell RNG items in the cash shop again or to make the ridiculous 1% go up by quite a lot. I have been an avid supporter of yours since GW1 and love GW2. I remember all the promises to keep the cash shop reasonable. You lied. RNG items in a cash shop is no way “reasonable.” I am boycotting your cash shop as of now. Congrats for one more kitten ed off and betrayed feeling player, and all because you decided to get greedy.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Don’t look now, but from how they describe the dragon event, more RNG chests are on their way (hopefully we can earn them by other means then just dumb luck on drops).

Not going to spend money

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

Yeah, same here. No way am i spending real money on RNG items, especially after opening 60+ crates from farming and converting my gold and get nothing. People are reporting they have opened 300+ crates and not one single gold ticket to show for it.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

This is the only way RNG will stop. If players refuse to buy into it. Until then NCsoft will keep pushing Anet to use them.

Not going to spend money

Beligerent.1324

Yeah, I just wish that more players refused to buy them because we still have those players who want it so bad that they are willing to spend $100 and up to try and get them. Aesthetics is a HUGE part of gameplay for me in MMOs because I am very much into collecting fashions and skins and this RNG thing just totally has me feeling stabbed in the back by ANet.

I used to defend the crap out of them and thought they were the best developers in the West and now I have to hang my head low and say I was totally wrong.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

I bought 10 box the first day it come out (thought there were some cool stuff in them…)and was like WTF just shells and flowers after I open them all :/

Open 22total with drops and just junk like mystic forge portal and crafting portal is my best loot…

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

ArenaNet doesn’t directly get money you spend. NCSoft/Nexon does.

Not going to spend money

Beligerent.1324

Yes, they actually do. It’s already been stated by them that items bought from the Black Lion Trading Post supports them.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I haven’t had the money to even try to buy anything from the cash shop outside of the gold for gems exchange, haha xD;

I have heard that the odds can be a little scary. Fortunately for me my favorite skins haven’t been RNG victims. It does seem like they could increase the rate a bit.

At the same side however, the drop rate could technically be 99% and still have the possibility of someone dropping 500 dollars on the RNG chests and still get not a single skin. I wonder to what degree the odd exceptions have been making the rumors.

Hoopa doopa.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Spend your Gems on what you want to. If you don’t like RNG, that’s ok. Buy some character fashions that are available directly from the shop. Win/Win situation.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Yes, they actually do. It’s already been stated by them that items bought from the Black Lion Trading Post supports them.

That’s not how it work. NCsoft take the money from all the cash shop sales, then give a certain percentage back as salary. With the rest, they can either give more funding toAnet for more events or give money to other NcSoft MMOs devs .

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Grimthagen.6019

Grimthagen.6019

Spend your Gems on what you want to. If you don’t like RNG, that’s ok. Buy some character fashions that are available directly from the shop. Win/Win situation.

IMO – pointless with the current clunky and unrewarding system of transmutation stones.

Add a PvE styles locker and let us collect the skins and we are talking something – until then it’s totally pointless (again IMO).

Not going to spend money

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

RNG is not a bad thing, but put everything into RNG is the one which is bad.

Wintersday is a good example. You dont need to put everything to RNG. You can buy skin for gems (although when wintersday community also want Anet put unbreakable choir bell as Gem Item (not RNG), they dont put it) or you luckily get it from RNG box which cost less.

ps: Most people tend to buy RNG thing with in-game money not real money.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

If RNG is here to stay. Anet should guarantee one weapon ticket/rare of better item in BLC. For every 10th chest opened. That way it will cost at most 20 dollars for a guaranteed weapon ticket.

Some have said to this idea, don’t buy RNG chests. But Anet is determined to destroy their company with these chests. So let make it less of a rip off by guaranteeing a weapon ticket on every 10th chest opened. This can’t be too hard for them to do. It’s also shows that Anet cares about their customers.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There’s speculation that for Dragon Bash, there are two tiers of RNG chests:

1. Rich Dragon Coffers are only available from the Gem Store, and they contain a guaranteed skin ticket.

2. (Normal) Dragon Coffers drop from mobs and from activities, and contain a rare chance for a ticket.

I feel that this system could work, provided that tickets from the Rich Dragon Chest are account bound to prevent them being resold, while tickets from the normal chest can be sold on the TP, to provide an avenue for those who don’t have the $$$ to drop on the Rich Chests to still be able to obtain a skin.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i should call you anet defender, every post created complaining this RNG punishment you just pop up whit a white shield and a great i kiss you kitten anet banner-

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Stop buy, they stop create.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Let people buy what they want.
If people want to support ArenaNet and at the same time have a chance of getting a special skin, let them.
It is not like you NEED the skins from the boxes anyway.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

Your argument is invalid. It is never about what people need, but about what people WANT. They don’t need to play GW2 at all. You can say that pretty skins are optional but they are the things that keep people playing. Basically “You don’t need to have a house – you can live in a dumpster” is pretty much what you just said.

RNG boxes will stay as long as there will be people that are willing to spend 75-100$ to try and get a ticket for weapon they want. This RNG exists because it is profitable. If you want it gone then stop buying gems as long as those boxes will exist.

Or Anet could add weapon tickets for 600-800 gems. This way people who like to gamble could have the chests and people who want to get the weapon ASAP could just buy the ticket.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

1. Rich Dragon Coffers are only available from the Gem Store, and they contain a guaranteed skin ticket.

2. (Normal) Dragon Coffers drop from mobs and from activities, and contain a rare chance for a ticket.

Yeah, this. it certainly ‘appears’ that they have heard the anger against RNG real money transactions. I would expect the Rich Dragon Coffer to be a bit more costly (maybe) but of course it has a guaranteed skin ticket.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Re-reading the announcement, I think that the guaranteed weapon skin ticket is wishful thinking. I read that the Rich Dragon Coffer has a chance to contain a ticket while the normal Dragon Coffer has a very low chance of containing a weapon ticket.

But maybe I am too pessimistic.

For the record: if the rich dragon coffers have guaranteed weapon tickets, I’d be guaranteed to buy between 5 and 7 of them for various characters of mine.

Not going to spend money

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, this. it certainly ‘appears’ that they have heard the anger against RNG real money transactions. I would expect the Rich Dragon Coffer to be a bit more costly (maybe) but of course it has a guaranteed skin ticket.

It is indeed very logical that something from the store would be more expensive than something that drops in the open world yeah.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Because we always got such a huge range of different weapon/armorskins at the cashshop which are totally independent from RNG, right?

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

It is indeed very logical that something from the store would be more expensive than something that drops in the open world yeah.

What on earth are you talking about? I believe that the Rich Coffers will likely be more expensive than previous gem store chests.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Your argument is invalid. It is never about what people need, but about what people WANT. They don’t need to play GW2 at all. You can say that pretty skins are optional but they are the things that keep people playing. Basically “You don’t need to have a house – you can live in a dumpster” is pretty much what you just said.

RNG boxes will stay as long as there will be people that are willing to spend 75-100$ to try and get a ticket for weapon they want. This RNG exists because it is profitable. If you want it gone then stop buying gems as long as those boxes will exist.

Or Anet could add weapon tickets for 600-800 gems. This way people who like to gamble could have the chests and people who want to get the weapon ASAP could just buy the ticket.

I agree with you here. Anet should be doing everything in their power to retain the players that actually spend money in the gem store. I personally have dished out at least $250.00 since the game started. When they start making PAYING customers unhappy, that’s when they are going to have a problem. The paid RNG boxes are terrible, but like scratch-offs they are addicting.

If I wanted to play the lottery I would. Seriously I’ve won more from scratch-offs the few times I’ve done them than from anything Anet has done.

Make the RNG boxes significantly cheaper to purchase and like krall said, for 800-1200 you can buy the ticket directly. The chests will still be popular because there are other unique items you can get besides the ticket.

I keep missing out on getting these great weapon skins and its not for lack of trying, paying money, farming, etc. There’s nothing more frustrating than spending real money and/or running content for hours and hours to get nothing and a guild mate runs something once and gets a weapon ticket. I’m happy for him but boy it’s like a slap in the face for an active player that 100% contributes to the financial stability of the game. Makes me want to close up my wallet which does not = smart business. I know I’m not the only one who thinks this way.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Not going to spend money

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

If players stop buying them, then they will stop selling them.
It’s that simple.

People are dumb though and will keep supporting this gambling mechanism.
And yes, this is bad for the overall game, because the money goes to NCSoft, and they will use that money on Aion and other games.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As many others have said if you don’t like them don’t buy them.

Otherwise Anet will look at number of chests sold (and the profits from it) vs the number of complaints on the forum and keep concluding that either it’s a vocal minority who don’t like it or that all it needs is minor tweaks to make them acceptable.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

I feel that this system could work, provided that tickets from the Rich Dragon Chest are account bound to prevent them being resold, while tickets from the normal chest can be sold on the TP, to provide an avenue for those who don’t have the $$$ to drop on the Rich Chests to still be able to obtain a skin.

If this is true, I might actually buy one (depending on the skin selection this time).

As much as I hate RNG boxes, if they were more like BL chests they’d be far more appealing. The RNG boxes from recent events and the F&F dye packs had one major glaring flaw with players (IMHO): a high percentage chance of getting everyday crap instead of special stuff. I think that if they want to offer RNG boxes AND keep players happy, the boxes need to be filled with low-level stuff that’s event-exclusive. They can then tier the rares in there for more appeal, but at least people don’t walk away feeling like they wasted real cash on useless junk.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Best tweak they can do is get rid of the stupid lock box system all together. Or leave an option to buy the items straight out and have a chance of getting it cheaper by a lock box. Expand the options for the player, not freaking limit them with this bogus hiding well made skins behind worthless to the player RNGs. Enough is enough. We are sick of it.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Guys, never spend your money on cash shop stuff. It’s just pixels.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

If you guys aren’t into RNG then do what I did and pick up the consortium harvesting tool. Somewhat useful and arguably cooler than the stuff you get in chests.

I swear I log in just to make that animation happen even if I don’t need what it’s harvesting XD

I still haven’t found another game with the same play value for your buck as this one.

That being said, I keep comparing the living story updates to SAB… that one seems to be hard to top it seems. Didn’t quite enjoy/spend nearly as much time with this update.

(edited by Marxo.3829)

Not going to spend money

lordkrall.7241

It’s that simple.

And yes, this is bad for the overall game, because the money goes to NCSoft, and they will use that money on Aion and other games.

You mean just like how money from Aion and other games made this game possible in the first place?

ArenaNet is fully owned by NCSoft so technically ArenaNet have no money of their own.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Let people buy what they want.
If people want to support ArenaNet and at the same time have a chance of getting a special skin, let them.

God, I get so tired of the word “NEED”. You don’t NEED to play the game. Stop dictating what other people find enjoyable about the game!

Not going to spend money

lordkrall.7241

God, I get so tired of the word “NEED”. You don’t NEED to play the game. Stop dictating what other people find enjoyable about the game!

Oh but finding something enjoyable is a want, not a need.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Agree with the OP.

My son recently talked me and my husband into playing GW2. We’ve been enjoying it (this whole Karka Queen thing though and the ugly armor for gold and karka shells, ugh), but the RNG for BLT is just silly. We’re all contemplating leaving GW2 if something doesn’t change.
My son is now babbling about Elder Scrolls III online. He’ll likely start that when it comes out. I’m not sure I will. I think I’ll wait till a game is out for a year before trying another.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Not going to spend money

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

People have been screaming about this since Halloween when everyone tried to get festival weapons and realized at the same time… “That’s how its gonna be huh?”

I am talking dozens of posts with hundreds of responses, within hours of content release.

We still have random chests for every event and the drop rate for the things people want are still ridiculously low.

My friendly advice, just forget about them. Save your gems for practical items like bank tabs or storage spaces, infinite harvesting tools, maybe some repair canisters. Things that will be be handy to have and make your play time a little smoother.

It sucks some people with money to burn might end up with neat looking items, because they got lucky gambling, while others have no chance in hell of getting them. Especially when some of us have the cash and wouldn’t hesitate to buy these things outright if we could as opposed to playing roulette.

But that’s the way it is. And if the great Halloween mob of 2012 couldn’t change it, its not likely to change. Best to blow it off so you don’t get frustrated every event over crates instead of enjoying whatever activities there are.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I boycotted all RNG reward systems a long time ago…now I just consider them a bonus if I do get them.

If you and anyone else really wants them to move to selling the items directly, then spend money only on those items. Spend money on the three armor skins currently on the store, spend money on the pick and scythe, spend money on Rox and Braham’s weapons…spend money on anything that isn’t RNG.

As long as RNG obviously makes more money than selling them directly, a business is very unlikely to make the change everyone says they should make. If everyone stopped buying the RNG chests and they started making a lot more money on the direct items, then you might see change.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

Oh but finding something enjoyable is a want, not a need.

So?

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about it. It’s a lottery. You don’t say things like:

“Hey! I bought a lot of lottery numbers!!! I’m supporting the lottery system!!! I DEMAND a prize!!!!”

or

“I have been buying lottery tickets for the past 30 years and this guy -who never buys lotto- finds a lost ticket on the street and it turns to be a prized number!!!! INJUSTICE!!!! I DEMAND my prize!!!!!!”

All lottery systems are based on human expectations. Yes, you may WANT the item, but you have a very low chance of getting it, and astronomically low chances if you don’t buy tickets… Yet, there’s always winners and losers.

Nobody is cheating you but yourselves. NCsoft is not saying you: “if you buy tickets you’ll get the skins”, but “… you MAY get the skins”. It’s the intensity of your cravings (collecting, exclusiveness, coolness) what dictates how many tickets are you willing to buy for those chances. As simply as that.

Cravings fall into the group of human NEEDS. You WANT it because you NEED it, whether you like it not. NCsoft knows your weakness, and implements a lottery system for you. The only thing to blame here is your own human nature.

You are weak. Admit it, embrace it, and stop whinning about it. In a lottery system, there will be always very few winners and millions of losers. If you can’t stand feeling like a loser, don’t play in first place.

The system is implemented because it works… in other words, people are buying chests. The forums only become the crying place of those who can’t stand their bad luck, or those who can’t acknowledge that all the blame fall on themselves.

BTW, your ‘boycott’ and ‘No more money’ and ‘Will stop playing’ threats are void, or even laughable in some cases. You can’t boycott the system because you don’t have the means to do so. ‘No more money on chests’ threat is void, since it’s entirely optional and absolutely not required for a full game experience, and ‘Will stop playing’ argument… Well… the game has no subscription fee, you’re free to come and go whenever you see fit.

(edited by Kyrion.2749)

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

In a way, these RNG crates/chests/boxes is a good education for the complaining kids here what gambling is like. So they learn it’s not quite profitable…

RNG in this game is not as bad as in other free to play games. In other games it’s also a pay to win situation IF you get something from it, while in gw2 it’s only cosmetical.

But i can see the frustration though on skins you want that can’t be sold through the TP.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Not going to spend money

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Perhaps you all should play some MMO where all cosmetics are free and obtainable in-game and only thing you need to pay are stats advantage and unfair boost. Then you can look pretty while that rich “daddy’s card” kid kicks your kitten every time since his pocket is deeper…

Not going to spend money

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about it. It’s a lottery.

Anet never advertised the chests as a lottery! Infact Anet said in the past that RNG chests are not a lottery!

Instead on using only carnival like games of chance to obtain a item. Anet should use other methods for rewards like tokens to exchange for tickets, buy item from gem store, event participation.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Not going to spend money

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Instead on using only carnival like games of chance to obtain a item. Anet should use other methods for rewards like tokens to exchange for tickets, buy item from gem store, event participation.

Neverwinter handles this kinda nicely, their version of Black Lion Boxes reward a separate currency inside if you don’t receive a rare item. Save that currency up and buy rare things at various prices. Though their keys don’t have a chance at dropping in-game. (Like BL keys do. Right? LOL /cry /wrists)

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

I’m going to buy gems and purchase chests equal to the amount posts here so that RNG never stops and you guys get tired of making daily RNG qq threads.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Add me to the list of players who got screwed. I’m just going to avoid RNG boxes forever now. If ANet gives me a chance to guarantee my purchase, by kitten I’ll take it if I want it. But otherwise, go sod yourselves.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I’ve said it before, & I’ll say it again, I refuse to purchase any RNG locked items. If I wanted to gamble, I’d go to a casino, which ironically enough would probably give me a much better return on investment than any of the RNG boxes we have here.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: why.8760

why.8760

It amazes me no matter how easy Anet makes a game, people will still complain. Am I the only one who plays guild wars 2 on not 100% perfect graphics settings? Anet likes exclusive skins, because they are meaningless yet sought after, which after reading this thread is obvious. After seeing certain Guild Wars 1 minis have less than 10 in the entire game, why does anyone think anything from the BLC is going to be common?

Does arenanet need to add BLC tickets to these chests to make everyone understand how rare they want these skins to be? I can only see the uproar when it takes one million blc tickets to get a unique skin.

Not going to spend money

Onshidesigns.1069

It amazes me no matter how easy Anet makes a game, people will still complain. Am I the only one who plays guild wars 2 on not 100% perfect graphics settings? Anet likes exclusive skins, because they are meaningless yet sought after, which after reading this thread is obvious. After seeing certain Guild Wars 1 minis have less than 10 in the entire game, why does anyone think anything from the BLC is going to be common?

Does arenanet need to add BLC tickets to these chests to make everyone understand how rare they want these skins to be? I can only see the uproar when it takes one million blc tickets to get a unique skin.

Anet and Ncsoft are putting these skins in RNG chests for money!

Not going to spend money

Beligerent.1324

It’s that simple.

I really really hope the people who are dumping tons of cash into the RNG gamble-mill will finally realize as much and close up their wallets. That’s what I’ve done. There’s just simply no point in spending money on a crate that gives you a 0.004% chance to get a weapon skin. It’s a total waste of money, and ANet should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for pushing such a model onto players.

Not going to spend money

Posted by: Reptile.6583

Reptile.6583

Yep.. I foolishly spend $100 on jems and spent it all on crates. No skin.. not even a mini.. not that I really wanted one. That’s it for me. I have 8 each of the perma harvesting tools.. no more RNG. It’s a bit sad I feel put off from playing this game now. I feel like I’ve just woken up just in time to stop a gambling addiction. This kinda is really isn’t it? Real money gambling for a jackpot of a skin. Just feel like playing Mech Warrior Online where i know when I pump $$ into it, I get what I pay for.
Guess I"m just feeling disappointed in both the game and myself. :-\