People "hogging" the Crab Toss Champion

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Drysdale.3826

Drysdale.3826

Get a fishing pole and plank, ctrl+T them, and make their rounds miserable. They’ll leave.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Your solution is to grief people?

Posted by: Hope.8612

Hope.8612

Or, y’know, if you really need to win you yourself can just re-queue.

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

LOL ill still win, just leave my arena and let others who will give me a challenge have a chance!

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’m not convinced that would make them leave, and I don’t think it counts as griefing. I also think that truly able players will be able to outmaneuver you most of the time. When I had the crab I would pay close attention to those with planks. Fishing rods though were harder to spot.

If someone is too much of a challenge for you, leave it and try later. Alternatively you can refine your tactics, watch those who are winning and imitate them. It’s not as tricky as it looks, really.

Still a darn annoying game though. ‘Chieves acquired, movin’ on…

Drysdale.3826

How is that griefing? I see that as taking a dominant player out of contention. No different than in sPvP or WvW taking out the most powerful player.

Drysdale.3826

Still a darn annoying game though. ‘Chieves acquired, movin’ on…

Pretty much what I did. I’m not fantastic, but I’m not horrible either. If I really tried, I could win maybe 4-6 out of 10 times. You don’t get anything more for winning, so I don’t bother hogging it. Let someone else get a crack at the achievement.

Once I finish off my grabs/steals achievement I’m done in there. Not a bad game, but not that great either.

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

You don’t get anything more for winning, so I don’t bother hogging it.

Uhmm, you get 5 Karka Shells instead of one. You can also get Passion Flowers.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

This mentality of GW2 players that everything should be given to them with no effort on their part needs to stop. Seriously Anet, do not cater anymore to these guys or before you know it your game will be nothing short of a fancy cow clicker.
If you want to get the achivement learn to play the friken game:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/A-guide-on-How-to-Win-at-Crab-Toss/first#post2045231

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

This mentality of GW2 players that everything should be given to them with no effort on their part needs to stop. Seriously Anet, do not cater anymore to these guys or before you know it your game will be nothing short of a fancy cow clicker.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/A-guide-on-How-to-Win-at-Crab-Toss/first#post2045231

I agree in this situation, but the flip side to that are the elitists who can’t enjoy a piece of gear or content unless others are excluded from it. Like the ones who got upset over Rox’s quiver because they didn’t want just anyone to have a quiver.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Get a fishing pole and plank, ctrl+T them, and make their rounds miserable. They’ll leave.

You got some work to do buddy

Pineapples

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Got all my achievements, guess people should practice in Keg Brawl more to get famailar with the pvp functions, I noticed either a lot of people have bad internet connections or just are not very good at figuring out how to stay on top of the crab, I don’t even play with the boxes in the middle at all. I’ve only lost crab toss a few times since launch.

Pretty simple, chase the person with the crab, if he uses the speed boost then predict which way he’ll run around in the circle and cut him off, use your dodge roll + #1/4 ability to surprise them and seal the crab and be ready to speed boost around away after getting it. Then it’s just best to run in a big circle as long as possible to get your speed ability up and zip away again, use your dodge rolls very carfully, more so when players get near you than the crabs unless multiple are coming to you at once. If you can stay on top of playing one step ahead it’s not hard to win. My best score in a match was well over 300 points.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I agree in this situation, but the flip side to that are the elitists who can’t enjoy a piece of gear or content unless others are excluded from it. Like the ones who got upset over Rox’s quiver because they didn’t want just anyone to have a quiver.

I would be more upset that you can buy a quiver that looks way cooler for 600 gems (18 gold) then the Berserker Quiver from Fractals I spent nearly 150-200g to craft and infuse. That’s like your 1500g legendary weapon just got outskinned by a vendor item selling for 1 gold

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

Not griefing. Suppressing a dominant player is a standard tactic in a battle royal.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Making a player leave the match by making the experience as miserable as possible for them is griefing / bullying and doesn’t make you the better player in any shape or form.

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

Not griefing. Suppressing a dominant player is a standard tactic in a battle royal.

It is. However any dominating player is just going to snatch that fishing rod right out of your hands and use it to get the crab

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

or you know OP, you could just be better than them. But i guess that is too hard.

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

It is. However any dominating player is just going to snatch that fishing rod right out of your hands and use it to get the crab

Depends on the motivation. Making someone miserable for no reason is griefing. Focusing a dominant player to force him or her to change their approach or leave the match is not.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

You must be “Fluffy”. LOL

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/Crab-Toss-party-poopers/first#post2054498

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

…what? S/He didn’t ask for anything, the thread is (very simply) describing a way to deal with a difficult opponent, using a means that is very much a part of the game.

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

I guess this is why I get a lot of KD even when I don’t have the crab, anyway more than leaving is a good challenge to overcome.

btw, if you don’t know, I can use #1 skill (with and without crab) to make you drop your picked item

Maguuma

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A few of us were sort of doing this for a few hours today. We would pick a player to win and “grief” the others. I would ctrl-t the person who should win, steal it from everyone else and pass immediately to that person.

Eventually, someone would say they reported someone for griefing them. They apparently didn’t like the fishing pole.

Once in a while, someone like this would come in:

LOL ill still win, just leave my arena and let others who will give me a challenge have a chance!

… and I can guarantee you that you will not win when 3 people are specifically targeting you. For starters, multiple people throwing rocks can keep you permanently dazed, and if you do manage to steal it, you’ll only keep it for as long as you can evade.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Before I got crabtacular naturally, I asked people to work together for it. This one guy told me he was going to grief me for asking to be diplomatic. So I picked up the fishing pole and started leashing him first! Then he stole it from me and started leashing me! It was one of the most hilarious and fun times I had. By the end, we were great friends and we stayed together getting our achievements together.

It was officially one of my most memorable moments in gw2.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”