RNG - Please stop Anet.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: JazzModian.4891

JazzModian.4891

So any confirmation on whether or not chest skins can be traded?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Well after logging out of the game and seeing the same model of tickets for weapon claim and BOXES. All I can say is this game is not worth it anymore , after the whole fused ticket fiasco and hundreds of complaints they go the same route ?

play hard , go pro.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I’m okay with keeping them. RNG chest boxes skins are a major source of income for games like this, and they don’t really have much of an impact on the game itself, so I like them trying to shake money out of people this way instead of making gem purchases affect game play. That being said, it’d be nice if they offered to sell the skin directly after a while for those who don’t want to gamble for it.

P.S. I can only say this because I don’t care about the skins. So my view is kind of biased.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’d still be interested to hear from whatever member of staff is responsible for marketing as to whether RNG is THAT much more profitable than simply selling us the skins. And whether the increase in profit is worth the damage to consumer relations*

And let’s face it, it logically must cause some damage, as you have:
+ People who are happy to gamble as much money as is necessary
- People who want the skins, but can’t buy them, and refuse to gamble.
- People who spend money but then don’t get the skin

The latter two groups will no doubt feel frustrated, and frustration makes people less likely to continue playing in the long run.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

And hopefully this marketing scheme will stop. But until then like a smart user said. Vote with your wallets boys.

play hard , go pro.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Supply Crates will also be a limited-time rare drop off the creatures on the island during this time.

Thank you, ANET!

When they say rare, that translates to “dream on, you’re not going to get one”.

Don’t bother to thank them for that.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

Bearzu, obviously people are willing to gamble. Who are you to make the moral judgment for them on how to spend their money?

I don’t think it’s the fact that people are spending their own money that you really care about. Cut the humanitarian crap. This is about YOU getting the skins without having to gamble.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Bearzu Smash.5962

Bearzu Smash.5962

Bearzu, obviously people are willing to gamble. Who are you to make the moral judgment for them on how to spend their money?

I don’t think it’s the fact that people are spending their own money that you really care about. Cut the humanitarian crap. This is about YOU getting the skins without having to gamble.

Conversely, who are you to make a moral judgement about me? I haven’t wanted a single one of the random weapon drops from chests they’ve come out with since release, and that continues with this round. I have however, purchased a fair number of the better cosmetic town clothes items they’ve posted in the gem store since release, and will continue to if they come out with more worthwhile models, so…no, it’s really not.

I’m sorry if my having a differing opinion than yours on the subject of gambling is so offensive to your delicate sensibilities.

Bearzu Smash! - A Blog of a Bear of Very Little Brain
Thorn - A full-length GW2 novel in progress very nearly complete NOW FINISHED! Long gone.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

eh I bought 10 chests… got 2 breather skins. Well won’t be buying anymore chests for now. I like the greatsword skin a lot, but just cant afford to buy tons and tons of gems for a rare chance, so looks like another weapon skin I wont be getting.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

eh I bought 10 chests… got 2 breather skins. Well won’t be buying anymore chests for now. I like the greatsword skin a lot, but just cant afford to buy tons and tons of gems for a rare chance, so looks like another weapon skin I wont be getting.

..I tried to warn you :/

too bad its already on second page lol share your exp so others can see!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/southsun/A-Public-Service-Announcement

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

what I don’t get is why I can’t just buy the skins I want outright, without the gamble. You’re missing a group of potential customers who aren’t outright suckers by doing it only through gambling.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

After about 2-3 hours of non stop grinding Young Karkas with 257% Magic Find I can confirm that the chests actually drop this patch. Got one, had about 8 silver worth in mats. I still havent heard of anyone with the “rare chance” minipet(s) yet

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Post edited and recreated for mod approval:

So I saw the post with descriptions of all the new items including RNG chests
Can we please not have these? I would rather not see the items in the game at all than have them through wallet grabbing luck chests. Seriously. We have had enough RNG for a while. Make it stop. Even if you go through with it, make sure everything is tradeable. That’s the least you can do to the people spending gems on it.
No one likes your lucky chests. We like fixed prices or obtainability through play.

The exact description:

Get packed for the return to Southsun Cove. An assortment of souvenirs from the Southsun islands. This chest contains Southsun crafting materials and a chance to get a wide variety of items such as shoulder skins, new boosts and conveniences, and a rare chance to get new weapon skins and mini pets.

No one wants chances or rare chances in something we buy with our real life cash. If you must, make the items expensive, but let us buy the items. You know you will have people complaining after “OMG having openened 100 chests, no mini!!1!” anyway.

RNG Sucks and ArenaNet is known for 0.02% drop rates. They just love that stuff. So send them a message here and DO NOT BUY any RNG stuff and maybe they’ll finally get the message.

Sad thing is there are plenty of foolish people out there who will buy a bunch of RNG stuff then get all kitten when they don’t get anything, just like the Black Lion Key fiasco last year.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

So I saw the post with descriptions of all the new items including RNG chests
Can we please not have these? I would rather not see the items in the game at all than have them through wallet grabbing luck chests. Seriously. We have had enough RNG for a while. Make it stop. Even if you go through with it, make sure everything is tradeable. That’s the least you can do to the people spending gems on it.
No one likes your lucky chests. We like fixed prices or obtainability through play.

The exact description:

Get packed for the return to Southsun Cove. An assortment of souvenirs from the Southsun islands. This chest contains Southsun crafting materials and a chance to get a wide variety of items such as shoulder skins, new boosts and conveniences, and a rare chance to get new weapon skins and mini pets.

No one wants chances or rare chances in something we buy with our real life cash. If you must, make the items expensive, but let us buy the items. You know you will have people complaining after “OMG having openened 100 chests, no mini!!1!” anyway.

RNG Sucks and ArenaNet is known for 0.02% drop rates. They just love that stuff. So send them a message here and DO NOT BUY any RNG stuff and maybe they’ll finally get the message.

I doubt most players read the forums. If you wanted to organize a protest it might be more effective to do it in-game… get the big guilds in on it. A few days of no RNG sales is likely to get noticed.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Count me in being sick of this stuff. Sorely disappointed.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

I just wasted $200 on these chests….Am really tired of this now. I had to buy over 100 BL keys just to get ONE bloody fused weapon ticket, now $200 (over 1.8k in South African rands which is my currency….) later and all I have to show for it is a bunch of Karka shells and Passion Flowers….

Please Anet, I have just payed for your server costs for a month and gotten next to nothing for it. Your RNG is flawed in so many ways. I have had probably 5 or 6 exotic DROPS since launch, and now after over 100 of these supply crates I haven’t gotten anything remotely useful.

Between that and the lack of Necromancer fixes, my interest in this game is starting to turn into annoyance, which is a pity, because I do actually like the game.

There’s nothing I can do now after already spending the money which is more than a bit frustrating, but what can I do…

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

I’m fairly certain Anet would be making a lot more money if they put all the skins and things for a set price as well as keeping them in the RNG chests. People who enjoy the gamble can still gamble and the people who really want it will fork out the cash for it because their money won’t buy them a “chance” to get the thing they want, it actually will get them what they want.

And that utter crap of saying the boxes drop off of creatures. That doesn’t count. Black Lion Keys drop off of mobs and how many of those have you seen in the months that the game has been out? Like once or twice?

Giving a secondary option with a 0.005% drop rate is basically the same as not giving it at all. And even if you do miraculously manage to find one, what’s the chance you’ll get what you want from it? Very slim.

I just wasted $200 on these chests….Am really tired of this now. I had to buy over 100 BL keys just to get ONE bloody fused weapon ticket, now $200 (over 1.8k in South African rands which is my currency….) later and all I have to show for it is a bunch of Karka shells and Passion Flowers….

Please Anet, I have just payed for your server costs for a month and gotten next to nothing for it. Your RNG is flawed in so many ways. I have had probably 5 or 6 exotic DROPS since launch, and now after over 100 of these supply crates I haven’t gotten anything remotely useful.

Between that and the lack of Necromancer fixes, my interest in this game is starting to turn into annoyance, which is a pity, because I do actually like the game.

There’s nothing I can do now after already spending the money which is more than a bit frustrating, but what can I do…

If you want them to stop, stop buying it. Yes, you want the weapon skins/minis/ whatever from the chest, but the surest way to get them to stop is to show that this money grab isn’t working on the populace anymore. If people keep spending that much money on RNG, even if they hate it, nothing will change. They’re getting the money from it. That’s all that matters.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

lol buy with real money.

step 1: Make mesmer or warrior
step 2: Get to 80
step 3: Get zerk gear
step 4: Farm CoF p1
step 5: Trade gold for gems.
step 6: Profit?

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

You seriously just pumped $200 dollars into Guild Wars 2?

I mean.. I can maybe understand that at launch.. wanting to get a bunch of character slots and bank tabs unlocked asap.. But have we not learned anything since then?

RNG Gods hate us all. They toy with our hopes and dreams.

but hey, thanks for pay for the servers for a month!

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

RNG - Please stop Anet.

jakalofnaar.1702

If you want them to stop, stop buying it. Yes, you want the weapon skins/minis/ whatever from the chest, but the surest way to get them to stop is to show that this money grab isn’t working on the populace anymore. If people keep spending that much money on RNG, even if they hate it, nothing will change. They’re getting the money from it. That’s all that matters.

Ye I have to agree, I can only be kitten with myself for being a dunce and spending money on a 0.02% chance at getting something. When you pay for something you should get exactly what you pay for, paying for an incredibly low chance to get something is daylight robbery and I should have known better.

I probably won’t make the same mistake again though. Anet won’t be seeing any money from me for quite some time :P

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

lol kitten dude thats a waste of money you shouldnt spend so much on a game. i spend 200 dollars on the game maybe a month. not a day thats insane.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

jakalofnaar.1702

You seriously just pumped $200 dollars into Guild Wars 2?

I mean.. I can maybe understand that at launch.. wanting to get a bunch of character slots and bank tabs unlocked asap.. But have we not learned anything since then?

RNG Gods hate us all. They toy with our hopes and dreams.

but hey, thanks for pay for the servers for a month!

LOL, ye I did xD

Luckily I had some extra monies, but looking back on it now, it was a baaad idea xD

Now they probably think it’s alright to steal money from the playerbase like this because of kitten like me xD

RNG - Please stop Anet.

jakalofnaar.1702

lol kitten dude thats a waste of money you shouldnt spend so much on a game. i spend 200 dollars on the game maybe a month. not a day thats insane.

I say nothing xD

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

There’s a reason I just don’t so this and I (luckily) am an example of it. Last month, I spent no money on keys, got a map completion key on my alt and got the weapon ticket.

This wasn’t to brag, but it’s the exact reason I don’t gamble with my actual money. There are people that’ll spend nothing and get one, but then there are those that’ll have the unfortunate luck to spend hundreds and get nothing. If you want to try your chances, give yourself a limit and then just stop trying. It’s not worth it.

I agree that spending money on guaranteed skins is the way forward, but that’s not what they’ve chosen so far. It can be annoying to have a skin you want now and never get it, but in a month’s time, you probably won’t care about that skin anymore and you’ll have saved yourself money.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

So whats the over-under on the rarity of the chest drops from Southsun enemies? I know it’ll probably take a few days for any hard data to appear, but just first impressions from people who have had a chance to play the content, are they Black Lion Chest Key levels of rarity (what I’m assuming will be the case, you get 1 over the duration of the event if you’re lucky)? Unidentified Dye levels?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: RatsoRizzo.1984

RatsoRizzo.1984

Make them tradable and sellable in the TP?? Look at the Flame and Frost dyes. NO thanks I will end up going to town on them and I need money for real life.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

So whats the over-under on the rarity of the chest drops from Southsun enemies? I know it’ll probably take a few days for any hard data to appear, but just first impressions from people who have had a chance to play the content, are they Black Lion Chest Key levels of rarity (what I’m assuming will be the case, you get 1 over the duration of the event if you’re lucky)? Unidentified Dye levels?

I have now farmed for several hours with 250-280% MF. I actually managed to loot 4 chests which is lucky compared to the group I farmed with (Only one other got a single chest) – Of these 5 chests we only got common resources though. Karka shelles, passion fruits, those fancy flowers.

You have to beat RNG twice :i

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

why not do a simple thing: make those skins available for 100 laurels each also. So there could still be a lucker who gets the skin through the RNG-chest and people who show dedication because the love a particular skin can get it through playing the game instead of flipping trading-post offers the whole weekend.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

why not do a simple thing: make those skins available for 100 laurels each. So there could still be a lucker who gets the skin through the RNG-chest and people who show dedication because the love a particular skin can get it through playing the game instead of flipping trading-post offers the whole weekend.

Eh, problem with laurels would be that since laurels are limited to 1 per day and an extra 10 per month, people wouldn’t have time to get enough before the event ended unless they already had some saved up. So “dedication to a skin” wouldn’t really help, because no matter how dedicated you are, you can’t get more than 1 laurel a day.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

why not do a simple thing: make those skins available for 100 laurels each. So there could still be a lucker who gets the skin through the RNG-chest and people who show dedication because the love a particular skin can get it through playing the game instead of flipping trading-post offers the whole weekend.

Eh, problem with laurels would be that since laurels are limited to 1 per day and an extra 10 per month, people wouldn’t have time to get enough before the event ended unless they already had some saved up. So “dedication to a skin” wouldn’t really help, because no matter how dedicated you are, you can’t get more than 1 laurel a day.

Hah, I forgot to mention that these skins at the laurel-vendor shouldn’t be temporary of course.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

I think there needs to be a more forgiving system. At the moment it’s either insane luck or insane grinding to get the things you like.

I really wanted a fused weapon, but I don’t have money to spend at the moment and with the gold-to-gem ratio being higher than ever I couldn’t afford to buy gems so I had to farm keys. Still didn’t get it though after a good dozen or two keys farmed (and a few more from the chests). If it was just a gem thing I could dedicate my time to farming up some gold to turn into gems, but with the random chance that isn’t worth it and it won’t ever be worth my money.

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Wildstar can’t come soon enough…

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In GW2, ArenaNet are the developers but the overall cash shop and monetisation strategy is handled by NCSoft.

Wildstar is an NCSoft game too… expect more of the same

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Malkavian.3751

Malkavian.3751

Extremely disappointing. Until now, I haven’t been interested in any weapon skins. Finally one comes along I like, and it’s RNG. I farmed for about 1.5 hours and only got 1 crate.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Imaginos.3756

Ye I have to agree, I can only be kitten with myself for being a dunce and spending money on a 0.02% chance at getting something. When you pay for something you should get exactly what you pay for, paying for an incredibly low chance to get something is daylight robbery and I should have known better.

I probably won’t make the same mistake again though. Anet won’t be seeing any money from me for quite some time :P

And this is the exact kind of thing I’m talking about right here. Making the player base angry due to RNG junk so they never buy anything from you again is bad business in the long run and I really hope ArenaNet is looking at the long run and not some short term cash grab.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Imaginos.3756

In GW2, ArenaNet are the developers but the overall cash shop and monetisation strategy is handled by NCSoft.

Wildstar is an NCSoft game too… expect more of the same

Not entirely true. ArenaNet hired former Nexon employee Cristin Cox from Mapelstory as their Monetization Manager. They’re doing it inhouse.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Gloam Drifter.9158

Gloam Drifter.9158

No matter how cheap they are or how few you buy these things always leave people feeling ripped-off. I wonder how many people are still buying this stuff because I’ve known quite a few to get so frustrated that they outright quit the game over it. To me its not really a matter of gambling. I don’t mind gambling.. but in this case the payout is way too low both in odds and value. It feels like they are squandering good will and trust with horrible RNG.

Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this junk and maybe they will stop trying to sucker you.

Lagg | Cat Six | Lögg | Heqx | Frame Loss

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

People can make threats all they want about leaving the game due to this stuff but the fact of the matter is is that there are scores of players who actually spend hundreds of dollars for that small chance of getting a unique weapon (like the example a few posts above) and because of this it will continue to happen. In the mean time I will just sit and laugh at those who throw all this money at a game for these weapons.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Tenshin.2475

Tenshin.2475

Man, I know, I remember these places called kasinos (or something) and they were just vacant all the time. Eventually they all went under and haven’t been seen since.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

People can make threats all they want about leaving the game due to this stuff but the fact of the matter is is that there are scores of players who actually spend hundreds of dollars for that small chance of getting a unique weapon (like the example a few posts above) and because of this it will continue to happen. In the mean time I will just sit and laugh at those who throw all this money at a game for these weapons.

I would never do that, but realistically this could happen to me – Im a collector:

1: See new minipets
2: Be unable to beat hardcore RNG
3: Collection ruined because content was temporary
4: Stop collecting
5: Stop buying minipets through gemstore. I will keep playing, but not to collect. I have so far spent about 6.300 gems to get minipets (Because christmas you know)

Fool me once, money for you. Fool me twice.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

I stopped spending money on this game when they introduced the Halloween boxes, while they continue to create these rip-off money grab items I’ll continue not opening my wallet. My opinion of the company plummeted massively when these boxes appeared.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

130-ish gold lost on trying to get fused tickets….I don’t see myself getting the skin I so badly want this event…
Sure they need to make money somehow, I totally agree on that point. Why not repeat wintersday for the weapons? Hell, they can keep the sclerite weapon skin tickets in the boxes for all I care, just make the weapons purchasable with gems aswell. People who feel lucky can still try out the chests and people who really want to dedicate to a weapon can buy it, with real money or gold.

Hell even with the precursors, I lost around 500 gold to the mystic toilet trying to get spark. I accepted that because that was for a legendary. This is a temporary skin, I really want to get atleast one of them for my main character.
Hell even if you pay a hundred dollars or euros, you are still not guaranteed to getting a ticket.

Please just make the weapons available with gem purchases alongside the RNG chests. Please.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

Here’s an analogy. I’ll use fast food because it is generally disposable income. I do not go up to the counter at McDonald’s and ask for a BOX OF RANDOM with the blind hope I get the food I want, let alone even ANY food. This is an unacceptable business practice that buggers your consumers relentlessly because there is literally no other way to acquire things we definately want. You make nice content and then hide it behind a paywall and RNG.

Anyone trying to claim it is not behind a pay-wall here’s a little small detail. Not everyone has the time to grind their backside off in CoF. I sure don’t. Converting gold into gems is not only not viable, it’s expensive. With 3 gold for 100 gems right now ( I suspect artificial inflation to promote gem purchases, but I’m a paranoid person), I would be forced to purchase gems in order to get a CHANCE at my metaphorical Big Mac. Less of this bull, Anet. Slap your marketing team, reassess your business strategies, you are buggering your consumers and angering people who actually want to like your game, please for the love of Grenth.

To add to my paranoid persona I will freely state I screen capture all of my comments related to stuff like this to avoid corporate censorship. It happens, all too frequently.

(edited by Shadestrike.4372)

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Atreyu.6905

Atreyu.6905

Isn’t there anyway for us gamers to make a petition against using RNG system in GW2 ?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Isn’t there anyway for us gamers to make a petition against using RNG system in GW2 ?

Yes, don’t buy them.

Unfortunately, during the flame and frost stories, I kept reading how people got their tickets after opening a lot of boxes, which leads me to believe that sales of keys and/or RNG boxes increase a LOT when they introduce them, so from Anet point of view, GW2 players (or at least a significant amount of the gem store using community) do like RNG.

If nobody bought them, they wouldn’t be affordable to keep introducing RNG based items, and they’d find other ways to introduce them. Experience tells me that people do buy them.. and a LOT.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

Also whine on the forum. 5.000 views on this thread should be grabbing just a little bit of attention.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Come on devs, quit sidestepping this thread and give us a comment.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

This and the other 4-5 threads about it ^

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

After my experience in Flame & Frost I’ve decided not to spend any more money on this sort of stuff. I’ll spend it once upon a time if I run out of BL Salvage Kits and maybe on more bag slots in future, but that’s all. Sorry ArenaNet, but not this way.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]