RNG - Please stop Anet.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I’ve farmed around 10 chests, and sold mats i farmed at the same time and bought another 10 chests. Nothing.

THE WEAPONS ARE A LIE!!!

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Atreyu.6905

Atreyu.6905

Isn’t there anyway for us gamers to make a petition against using RNG system in GW2 ?

Also whine on the forum. 5.000 views on this thread should be grabbing just a little bit of attention.

This can be not enough…I dontt see any dev’s activity in that area of forum….instead there’s a topic about what can we do in SsC -.- I say we make a petition, then make a thread on forums, get some sings or whatever then send it directly to Anet mial, or spam it, whatever.

And people will buy that boxes, since there’s no other way to obtain items they like…first you are motivated, then there’s just frustration until you’re broke and you curse…it’s like an addiction…nothing good.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I say we make a petition, then make a thread on forums, get some sings or whatever then send it directly to Anet mial, or spam it, whatever.

Problem is: If you are loud for the reason of being loud, Anet will lock the thread down before it is up. I already had this thread deleted once because I referred to the chests as kind of cancerous. Any excuse will do (They could have deleted the sentence or made it into “kitten”) For the sake of the forum this is the best we can do – Keep on topic and don’t give any reason to close it, like
“this thread has run off topic”
“this thread has run its course”
“this thread is locked due to inflammatory blaaah”
etc. Stay civil. Stay on topic.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Junkfist.1760

Junkfist.1760

RNG, especially when applied to gemstore items, burns goodwill like nothing else.

Any short-term monetary gain you get from exploiting a person’s latent gambling addiction is dwarfed by long-term burnout and bad word of mouth (which you are getting from us).

It’s like throwing money in your fireplace instead of using it to pay your heating bill.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Atreyu.6905

I’m always civil. I stay on topic. But any response would be nice, better be denied than ignored…I stand still with my proposition, I don’t think one big, and many small topics will suffice to get notice by ArenaNet. I would really understand if there were no other way to solve RNG problem, but there is…and so many. In the spirit win-win ofcourse. Meh. There’s nothing else I/we could do, but wait….

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

If you want them to stop, stop buying it. Yes, you want the weapon skins/minis/ whatever from the chest, but the surest way to get them to stop is to show that this money grab isn’t working on the populace anymore. If people keep spending that much money on RNG, even if they hate it, nothing will change. They’re getting the money from it. That’s all that matters.

Ye I have to agree, I can only be kitten with myself for being a dunce and spending money on a 0.02% chance at getting something. When you pay for something you should get exactly what you pay for, paying for an incredibly low chance to get something is daylight robbery and I should have known better.

I probably won’t make the same mistake again though. Anet won’t be seeing any money from me for quite some time :P

let me ask you what you pay for??
do you pay for a weapon skin or do you pay for a chest that MIGHT have a weapon skin in but you did not pay for a skin tho
that means that you did not get robbed off you choice to take the gamble for a weapon skin as thats what you want but you did not buy the skin meaning that if you dont get the skin its not a rip off;)

the F/F skins where ok looking and the same is the new ones but if i get some sure ill have them but its not something ill go for partierly

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

If you want them to stop, stop buying it. Yes, you want the weapon skins/minis/ whatever from the chest, but the surest way to get them to stop is to show that this money grab isn’t working on the populace anymore. If people keep spending that much money on RNG, even if they hate it, nothing will change. They’re getting the money from it. That’s all that matters.

Ye I have to agree, I can only be kitten with myself for being a dunce and spending money on a 0.02% chance at getting something. When you pay for something you should get exactly what you pay for, paying for an incredibly low chance to get something is daylight robbery and I should have known better.

I probably won’t make the same mistake again though. Anet won’t be seeing any money from me for quite some time :P

let me ask you what you pay for??
do you pay for a weapon skin or do you pay for a chest that MIGHT have a weapon skin in but you did not pay for a skin tho
that means that you did not get robbed off you choice to take the gamble for a weapon skin as thats what you want but you did not buy the skin meaning that if you dont get the skin its not a rip off;)

the F/F skins where ok looking and the same is the new ones but if i get some sure ill have them but its not something ill go for partierly

Let me ask YOU something.
Did you have an option to purchase the Fused Weapons directly?
Did some magical elf bestow upon you the gift of specific choice whether to buy BL Keys or the Ticket?
Could you kindly take your high and mighty attitude out of this thread if you don’t have anything important to say?

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Quorum Of Four.6837

Quorum Of Four.6837

I’ve bought these RNG chests and everytime I walk away burned and disliking ArenaNet more and more as a company. I much prefer the straight up buy it to get it method, I don’t mind spending 5 or 10 bucks on something, but asking me to drop hundreds of dollars for the CHANCE to get what I want is absurd. It’s just not fun and it makes people quit your game. I’ve seen 4 friends quit the game over a random number generated item.

IF you want to keep doing these RNG items take a page from magic the gather booster packs, 4 common items (boosters), 3 Uncommon Items, 1 rare or super rare.

Take another page from Star Trek Online and put tickets in every RNG box you open that can be redeemed for items, so if you are going to make up open a hundred of these, at least let us earn enough tickets to get what we want.

I really liked the fused, and the halloween skins. The super rare loot at the .01% is just too exclusive. The Molten Weapon Facility and the Jetpack and Firestorm pet are a great example. Don’t make things that rare. The tickets were a step in the right direction, but It’s really upsetting I couldn’t get the items I wanted. I don’t mind making them limited time, but don’t make them limited time AND RNG.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Supply Crates will also be a limited-time rare drop off the creatures on the island during this time.

Thank you, ANET!

When they say rare, that translates to “dream on, you’re not going to get one”.

Don’t bother to thank them for that.

I got a chest from a mob, with that sharktooth axe skin in it. While in those chests I bothered to buy, I only got shells and flowers.
Thank you, Anet.

However, I would so much prefer if we had the option to buy the skins separately in the Gem Store.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Atreyu.6905

I have a suggestion, and I will post it here, even if it won’t matter probably for no one, especially Anet.

Make weapon skins like they made it with Braham and Rox

Off hand weapons – 300 or 500 Gems
Main hand weapons – 600 or 800 Gems
Two handed weapons – 1200 or 1500 Gems

BUT ! Make it soulbound, not accountbound which means that Anet can make more money if someone wants another pair of skin on some other char. Like the pick axe thing. Isn;t that win-win ? Gaaaah, I must quit that forum cause I won’t stop bothering you and myself.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

If Anet decided RNG sale would be profitable, I would NOT have any objection. Hey, this game is already without any subscription fee! I can easily let go a few “rare” skins which have absolutely NO advantage in game play. Let those want them pay for them, I see it a win-win situation to almost everybody. Come on guys, count what you already have and be content.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

If Anet decided RNG sale would be profitable, I would NOT have any objection. Hey, this game is already without any subscription fee! I can easily let go a few “rare” skins which have absolutely NO advantage in game play. Let those want them pay for them, I see it a win-win situation to almost everybody. Come on guys, count what you already have and be content.

Where do you see the win for those who spend money on the boxes and don’t get the skins they wanted?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

I have to contradict you. Tons of players are upset over the fact that they didn’t receive the weapon skins. Anet is only hurting their rep because word spreads easily when there is criticism. And again I bring up the fact that Legendaries are just “rare skins.” They do nothing for you but enhance appearance and give a few achievement points. I don’t understand why players can’t choose to work toward previous “rare skins” from events such as fused/wintersday/halloween/and soon to be scelerite weapons.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Weirik.2913

Weirik.2913

I’d like a devs response to this topic. I don’t ever really take the time to post on the forums, but this is really starting to bother me. I get it. It’s a free game and they need to make money. I have absolutely no problem throwing money to the TP to buy things that I know I’m getting.

I used to get black lion key drops at a decent rate but it seems the drop rate was nerfed since I don’t even recall the last time I looted one. I have over 50 chests just sitting in my bank because I refuse to buy keys. I will never invest my money is keys, chests, or any other RNG item and I wish that ANET would really consider alternative methods. Eventually, people will be turned away by this. I hate to say it, but there is no reason other than greed to implement this type of system. The worst part is that as long as people are willing to pay it will most likely continue. I know for a fact that even more people would buy things if they knew what they were getting.

I just want to hear from them on this matter and what they have to say.

-Weirik

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

Although you’re gonna meet a lot of hate from that here, I appreciate that perspective. But the problem is not that people can buy stuff for real money. The problem is that even people who legitimately want to pay Anet some coin for a weapon skin for example (Im more to the minipets but w/e) – Well they can’t. I opened 6 chests so far with nothing but cheap materials. (Grinded my way to them) – Imagine how many chests you would have to buy if you just want that one dagger skin. 10? 30? 100? Even if someone buys 100 chests and Anet profits.. Is that the kind of company they should be? Wouldn’t you mind that it kitten off 3 pages of players minus you and one other I think`?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

I’m more amazed at how anet has had no issues with gambling laws. Call it a gear/gold sink if you will, but throw in the ability to use real money to purchase items and gold, add all the underage players and we’re gonna have a brand new generation of gambling addicts by next patch.

Lmfao +1, have to love legal loopholes

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1djssi/upcoming_gemstore_items/

I must admit, I’m particularly disappointed. Usually they give us a month or two to calm down after the RNG boxes.

Notice the skins this time are also account-bound, much like the Fusion weapons. I have a bad feeling…

Pistol: [&AgGCpgAA]
Rifle: [&AgGFpgAA]
Scepter: [&AgGIpgAA]
Shield: [&AgGLpgAA]
Short Bow: [&AgGOpgAA]
Staff: [&AgGRpgAA]
Sword: [&AgGUpgAA]
Torch: [&AgGXpgAA]
Warhorn: [&AgGapgAA]
Greatsword: [&AgF2pgAA]
Longbow: [&AgF8pgAA]
Hammer: [&AgF5pgAA]
Mace: [&AgF9pgAA]
Focus: [&AgFzpgAA]
Dagger: [&AgFwpgAA]
Axe: [&AgFspgAA]

sigh
Why do I even bother coming to this “Official” GW2 site and these “Official” GW2 forums if this stuff isn’t even posted on here for actual players that purchased their game and we instead have to go to some outside, unrelated social media site to get information about changes to a game we paid for?
I think I just answered my own question. I won’t be going to those sites, but I guess there’s also no reason to come here either. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

They take us for fools, maybe the person who’s in charge of the gems shop also worked for NEXON’s maple story?

It starts to look suspiciously similar to the same game I played once years ago.

The gem shop is an insult to intelligence when it comes to consumable / RNG items.
“we know you’re all playing this game for skins, and we know that we can slap a piece of poop on a stick and call it “celestial sword” and you’ll spend money to buy it"

1+1 = potato

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I have a suggestion, and I will post it here, even if it won’t matter probably for no one, especially Anet.

BUT ! Make it soulbound, not accountbound which means that Anet can make more money if someone wants another pair of skin on some other char. Like the pick axe thing. Isn;t that win-win ? Gaaaah, I must quit that forum cause I won’t stop bothering you and myself.

Keep it at 600 for anything.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

RNG boxes aren’t going to go away as long as there are customers paying real money for them / to open them.

If you could make X dollars off someone for an in-game skin but then could make some multiple of X off that same person who is trying to get the skin out of a random lottery, wouldn’t you rather go the latter route?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Atreyu.6905

Keep it at 600 for anything.

That’s the point, 600 is too cheap, to balance that random dropping crates, I am willing to pay even 2000 for a guaranteed skin.

RNG boxes aren’t going to go away as long as there are customers paying real money for them / to open them.

If you could make X dollars off someone for an in-game skin but then could make some multiple of X off that same person who is trying to get the skin out of a random lottery, wouldn’t you rather go the latter route?

What kind of monster does that ? ; / Anet really doesn’t care about players then…

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

What kind of monster does that ? ; / Anet really doesn’t care about players then…

It’s since halloween and the karka events that we’ve noticed that ._.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

You seriously just pumped $200 dollars into Guild Wars 2?

I mean.. I can maybe understand that at launch.. wanting to get a bunch of character slots and bank tabs unlocked asap.. But have we not learned anything since then?

RNG Gods hate us all. They toy with our hopes and dreams.

but hey, thanks for pay for the servers for a month!

LOL, ye I did xD

Luckily I had some extra monies, but looking back on it now, it was a baaad idea xD

Now they probably think it’s alright to steal money from the playerbase like this because of kitten like me xD

It’s not. RNG shouldn’t be on those types of things.. They should have those drop with a higher rate and have gem store versions that guarantee things you want..

If you put money into a game, you should get what you want..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

For me this is a fairly simple matter. If I’m paying REAL money on digital items, I better be able to get exactly what I want, or at least get some value for my money.

Black Lion Keys are potentially a rip off but you’re always guaranteed to get useful boosts and other gem store items from opening them. Sure, it’s RNG, but it isn’t extremely punishing. You actually seem to have a decent chance to get useful stuff.

These chests, however, are a joke. They really are. 1200 gems for 10 boxes or 150 gems for 1 box for a “rare chance” to get new items. I was foolish enough to give these a try, opened 10, and ended up with just crafting materials. And not even enough to do anything with them. If I had simply converted those 1200 gems directly to gold I would have been able to buy a LOT more of those exact same resources. Farming the crates isn’t really feasible either. I’ve farmed in Southsun Cove with ridiculous magic find and still haven’t been able to find even one of these things.

I think the gem store is a good idea. It’s a great way to keep the game subscription free while allowing people that want specific skins or services to get them. I’m even willing to spend some real money on specific services, skins, and minis if the prices are reasonable. But having to spend potentially hundreds of dollars in real money just for a chance to get something I want doesn’t sit well with me. It feels extremely dishonest on the part of ArenaNet and the more this is done the less likely I’ll be willing to spend real money (or even gold) on gem store stuff in the future.

It isn’t worth losing potential customers and existing customers for limited time money grabs that are essentially digital gambling. Allow us to buy skins or even a weapon ticket directly and I think people will be far less angry in the long run. I know I certainly will be.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

CrazyDuck.4610

9 hours of farming, 0 crates, 350-420% MF.. I’m bugged might have to report this. I have done 6 hours of events only and 3 hours of veteran farming with large groups…. Wth people are getting boxes left right and center.

YouWish – Guard

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

9 hours of farming, 0 crates, 350-420% MF.. I’m bugged might have to report this. I have done 6 hours of events only and 3 hours of veteran farming with large groups…. Wth people are getting boxes left right and center.

Because you’re doing it wrong. Don’t do events. Don’t kill veterans. Farm the young karka over and over. About 5 hours of grind has yielded me 7 crates. Needless to say I have only gotten materials of no value, so no reason to envy me! Have to beat RNG twice!
(406% MF here)

RNG - Please stop Anet.

CrazyDuck.4610

I’m doing it the way it was intended, the events, with the group events/zerg mobs etc. Pretty crappy you have to steer away from the events to get the crates lmao. But I will try the young karka in the north end solo.

YouWish – Guard

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

Should I tell him about DR or did he have enough?

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

What kind of monster does that ? ; / Anet really doesn’t care about players then...

The kind that wants to make money, I guess?
For a couple of years now I’ve been reading about how people are literally, no exaggeration or hyperbole, dropping hundreds to thousands of dollars a month on lockbox master keys (needed to open all of the various lockboxes that have dropped in-game, each having a chance for crew, rare items, and with extremely small chances unique ships for your captain, much like the very rare skins for weapons here) in Star Trek Online, keeping Cryptic afloat with their MMO. This is going on despite the fact that you can grind in-game currencies to convert to the cash-shop currency (currently Perfect World’s zen system, and if you’ve ever come across PWE games you know how much they shove into their cash shops).

I was not surprised to read about players dumping hundreds of dollars into gems in order to splurge through Black Lion boxes in search of tickets/skins/minis/whatever.

What if this stuff was supported by subscriptions instead of the gem store purchases? A purchase of GW2 at ~60 dollars plus eight months of a subscription ($15/month) would maybe be, say, $180 per player. That certainly adds up, but what about players who have not been satisfied with the game or who have moved on to other games / stoppled playing entirely, or who take breaks here and there for work, school, etc.? With a sub, it is likely they would not come back or they would go through periods without account activity, so that number won’t be as high on average.

OK, what if the skins were offered directly? The initial game purchase plus maybe getting skins directly, using things like the transmutation crystals or hair kits or clothes and backpacks as a guide (let’s say 500 gems) at $1.25 per 100 gems would be $60 plus $6.25 per skin purchased. You’d have to buy an awful lot of skins to get to that same number, and even if you did there are gold->gem conversions that likely more players would be motivated to use gold on since they had a set number of gems to shoot for to reach a goal, like the backpacks and hair kits for example.

Yeah, definitely makes more money to dangle a lottery in front of customers.
I know the above isn’t a solid, unassailable argument, but I think you can see my point.

Edit: And in case it’s not clear, I do not fault them one bit. Sure, I’d be more happy with a system that was more direct and didn’t rely on RNG, but I do want to see them continue to make money so that they can work on making the game better.

(edited by synk.6907)

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Plague The Blighted.4812

Plague The Blighted.4812

Why doesn’t A-net instead of having people buy black lion chest; Put chest randomly in the world like they did in the first Guild Wars and have keys you buy from merchants. Or have the chest you do get have instead of an armor/weapon skins chance; instead have a chance to get random amount of money or karma. Or in the gem store replace the chest(s) cost loss with really awesome old school Guild Wars 1 skins for weapons and armor ( I know they have three Guild wars 1 skins you can buy, But that’s all.) , Have molten armor and molten weapon skins as well. Just that alone will bring in more money. Not some chest that rarely drops any thing good.

(edited by Plague The Blighted.4812)

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

This is how they make more money than being a subscription game and it’s not going to change because there are those who will simply hand over their money (regardless of getting frustrated) which keeps the system going. You get what you pay for, a “chance” at an item. Actually it’s a 100% chance you get something. Just often not the thing you really wanted.

Those that are concerned about kids becoming gambling addicts should be more concerned there are parents who -let- their kids buy ingame stuff at all (let alone play the game). Not really the game or ANet’s fault, the buck stops at the quality and level of parenting.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

The worst part of this whole thing? The fact that Anet isn’t listening or taking our concerns into consideration.

Ever since they first introduced this whole RNG feature, it has been nothing but complaints about it. Every time a new RNG box is released, tons of threads show up to complain about it. And this is every single time they do this. People even quit the game over this stuff and refuse to spend any money because of it.

And what happens? Nothing. They keep releasing more and more of them. It is solid proof that they don’t care about how the players feel about this. They only care about the money it is making them, not about how it is affecting their player base.

Just watch. When this Dragon Festival comes, expect to see a new RNG box added to the game with new weapon skins or something else fancy added to it. It just goes to show you that they don’t care about what the players want, they only care about their money.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Farmed about 5 hours so far. Gotten 5 boxes. 300% MF. Event lasts 28 days.

Stop whining.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Farmed about 5 hours so far. Gotten 5 boxes. 300% MF. Event lasts 28 days.

Stop whining.

Good for you. Now open those boxes and see what you get. Oh that’s right, you still have to deal with RNG no matter what. And the fact that you got 1 box an hour, is still RNG based as well. Some people have farmed for even longer and got nothing with even more magic find than you have.

You obviously have no idea what RNG means. Just cause you had some good luck, doesn’t mean everyone else has the same luck. RNG is RNG.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Bubi.7942

Who cares? At this rate I can rack up like 200 boxes a month. You have to be the most unlucky person in the world not to get a skin out of those boxes.

Sidenote: Only opened 3 from the 5 so far, and yes, no minies or tickets inside. But I really couldn’t care less, I’ll get them in time. It’s a good thing, that I get rewards for actually playing the contetnt. It’s also a good thing, that you get a chance (yes, a chance) to get these things without playing on SSC.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Who cares? At this rate I can rack up like 200 boxes a month. You have to be the most unlucky person in the world not to get a skin out of those boxes.

Sidenote: Only opened 3 from the 5 so far, and yes, no minies or tickets inside. But I really couldn’t care less, I’ll get them in time. It’s a good thing, that I get rewards for actually playing the contetnt. It’s also a good thing, that you get a chance (yes, a chance) to get these things without playing on SSC.

That’s the issue though. You’re assuming everyone shares the exact same experience as you do. It’s called RNG for a reason. Your experience isn’t everyone’s experience.

You want to know my experience? I opened 35 of these boxes. All I got was Karka Shells, Passion Flowers, and Passion Fruit. Not one single weapon skin or mini at all.

So you can go ahead and open your fifth box and get a weapon skin. Great for you. But again, it is all based on luck and RNG. I could open 500 boxes and not get a single weapon skin, while someone else could open one box and get a weapon skin.

It is all RNG still. No amount of statistical data or sharing your personal experience is going to make it any better.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Ever since they first introduced this whole RNG feature, it has been nothing but complaints about it.

Doesn’t matter to ANet as long as it’s profitable for them. You either pay with your coin or pay with your time. There was a thread elsewhere where people were posting how much they’ve spent so far (monetary). Some of the figures there were surprisingly high.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

do we need a black lion key for the SS supply crates?

Personally I’ve played on Southsun since release of the event and I haven’t gotten a single one. I wear no magic find gear though to be fair. If we need no keys for the crates, then I like the fact that these boxes drop now.

I’d love to see some tension-building in getting those RNG-drops though – like getting some puzzle pieces which can be combined to the weapon which would normally drop. Make those pieces drop a bit more often so that the chance to get the item is the same as before, but now you can see how far you are away from it. Imagine: you have 5/6 pieces and now you really want the item. It gets more exiting.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

RNG - Please stop Anet.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Ever since they first introduced this whole RNG feature, it has been nothing but complaints about it.

Doesn’t matter to ANet as long as it’s profitable for them. You either pay with your coin or pay with your time. There was a thread elsewhere where people were posting how much they’ve spent so far (monetary). Some of the figures there were surprisingly high.

That is exactly the point of my entire post that you took that quote from.

They don’t care about their players anymore. They only care about what makes them money, regardless if we like it or not.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Bubi.7942

Marcus Graythorne:

You don’t need keys for it, if they drop, you can open the right away. Speak with the settler negotiators (living story star above their heads in any camp), to get a 200% MF buff at any time.

SpiderArachnid:
This is getting pointless. I can see why you hate this. It’s not hard to see. The thing is Anet has given us 2 options. Either buy, or grind. Skins are locked behing double RNG. So what? Just means lesser drop rate. It’s still day 2, keep farming, get your stuff. Don’t want to spend gems/gold/real money? Don’t do it then. It’s your choice.

Ps.: 99% of the items in this game is RNG. Like in all RPGs (yes).

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

Ps.: 99% of the items in this game is RNG.

99% is also tradeable

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

I just bought 10 crates for 1200 gems and got out 2g worth of crafting mats. tyvm anet

Protip: you can get about 38 gold by selling those gems

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

The worst part of this whole thing? The fact that Anet isn’t listening or taking our concerns into consideration.

Ever since they first introduced this whole RNG feature, it has been nothing but complaints about it. Every time a new RNG box is released, tons of threads show up to complain about it. And this is every single time they do this. People even quit the game over this stuff and refuse to spend any money because of it.

And what happens? Nothing. They keep releasing more and more of them. It is solid proof that they don’t care about how the players feel about this. They only care about the money it is making them, not about how it is affecting their player base.

Just watch. When this Dragon Festival comes, expect to see a new RNG box added to the game with new weapon skins or something else fancy added to it. It just goes to show you that they don’t care about what the players want, they only care about their money.

The worst thing is the fact that they kept dishing this kind of cheating chests out. It means the thing is profitable enough to warrant more, and it means there exists people that buy it

They simply can design even cooler stuff and put it in chests. Those with money will be unable to resist the temptation. Humans are not used to chance, our minds are hardwired with “I have got it” and “I haven’t gotten it”, without any real ability to think of “it simply isn’t worth it” from the get go

Coupled with all those lousy motivators that kept shouting about “the next one will be gold! Never give up” it’s no wonder people keep falling victim to it. People simply were never told about how to “know when to stop”, they’re always taught that there is a chance you’ll succeed, and coupled with my paragraph above, people thinks “the next one will CERTAINLY be gold!”

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Post edited and recreated for mod approval:

So I saw the post with descriptions of all the new items including RNG chests
Can we please not have these? I would rather not see the items in the game at all than have them through wallet grabbing luck chests. Seriously. We have had enough RNG for a while. Make it stop. Even if you go through with it, make sure everything is tradeable. That’s the least you can do to the people spending gems on it.
No one likes your lucky chests. We like fixed prices or obtainability through play.

The exact description:

Get packed for the return to Southsun Cove. An assortment of souvenirs from the Southsun islands. This chest contains Southsun crafting materials and a chance to get a wide variety of items such as shoulder skins, new boosts and conveniences, and a rare chance to get new weapon skins and mini pets.

No one wants chances or rare chances in something we buy with our real life cash. If you must, make the items expensive, but let us buy the items. You know you will have people complaining after “OMG having openened 100 chests, no mini!!1!” anyway.

I hear it’s about a 1 in 20 chance for the new skins. Let’s do the math….

2,400 gems per ticket

How many weapons do we need if we want to complete our PvP locker? Say… 15?

15 × 2,400 = 36,000 gems, which is roughly $450 worth of gems on average… or 3.5g per 100 gems which = 1,260 gold just to get all your PvP locker items to me that’s completely unfair and a complete scandle unless we have many opperunities over the years to earn these items. I think I calculated all the fused weapon skins at over 1800g to get assuming you get 1 ticket per 50 BLC :P

This is where ANET fails completety and I hope everyone sees it very clear.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I dropped ONE chest in 1 hour farming mobs with 350% Magic Find… but I dropped it in the first 2 minutes of farming so I don’t know if it’s stastically relevant…
No way I’m going to farm 50-100 hours in Southsun Cove to get some chests hoping there’s a token for the new weapons (I heard the chance is 1/50 in these crates).
The new weapons are cool and I would have bought the dagger if it had a gem-price but I’m now wasting time or an unknown amount of gems to get it.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Treeline.3865

I could be wrong, but im guessing the PvP versions drop from for example tournament chests? Anet sucks at putting info about PvP tho.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Atreyu.6905

Still no response from dev’s, eh ? Is it really this hard to at loeast write “this is our model, gtfo” like someone else mentioned ? Insted we get responses in some silly topics, oh how my life was less stressful when I wasn’t roaming that forum. Now I just hopes when it comes to armor’s and possible release with some patch, they’ll make it RNG too so that more ppl would hate that system and maybe then something or someone will snap…

P.S. 6 hours of free day yesterday, spent on farming with 350% MF and approx. 50 veteran karka’s killed….nothing : )

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

And I heard the chance for a weapon ticket is 1%. But it doesn’t matter either way, whether it’s 1 or 30 percent. There shouldn’t be keys/lockboxes involved in the first place. This guy explains why:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Lottery-RNG-Boxes/first

One of the best posts I ever read on this forum since, well, it’s very creation.

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

Please stop with this RNG box nonsense! we all /hate/ it!

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

RNG - Please stop Anet.

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

Just adding my own 2 cents here. Arenanet, I hate RNG I really do.
However if you MUST have it in your game PLEASE make the items unbound.
That way for thoese of us that hate RNG we still have a way to get them (Though you can bet your kitten it won’t be a cheap way to do so!)
TBH if these skins were avaible to buy straight up from the Gem store I’d have bought them, and I’d have bought some molten skins as well as flame and frost dyes as well.
I can’t be the only player who feels this way, does your research really show that making the gamble for these items mandatory is increasing your bottom line?