Southsun Sightseer won't complete?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Ohdrin.9014

Ohdrin.9014

I’ve got all the waypoints and I’ve been back and forth across the bridge multiple times and it won’t trigger. Anyone else run in to that issue?

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

There is no reward for completing Southsun Cove.

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

There is an achievement for Southsun Sightseer, I think that’s is what they are referring to

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

getting the waypoints does not get you the southsun sightseer achievement. you have to go to all the different settlements for that.

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

Oh. You mean the achievement of the new event?
Then maybe you have to go to all waypoints on the map again. I had one waypoint before the event started but wasn’t there since the start of the event and so it seems I was there, but I had to go to this waypoint a second time.
Maybe thats the problem?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

getting the waypoints does not get you the southsun sightseer achievement. you have to go to all the different settlements for that.

what Vampirial said.

The achievement description sais u need visit all settlements, not all WP

Posted by: Darosir.3619

Darosir.3619

yeah you need to go to all the available camps and you ll get the achievement

The Dragons will be defeated…

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

I can’t seem to get my completion for this either. I did some research and there are a few forums/websites that give the areas. I revisited each one but it still hasn’t triggered that I completed it. Any ideas why?

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/gw2-secrets-of-southsun-achievement-guide/

Shows what you need to get the Southsun Sightseer Achievement.

sdcmgs.7348

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/14/gw2-secrets-of-southsun-achievement-guide/

Shows what you need to get the Southsun Sightseer Achievement.

That is where I found the locations. Unfortunately, it still has not completed despite the numerous runs through each area. :/

Not So Epic [HAL]

Aerinndis.2730

You are sure you got all the points of interest for the map? There is one in a cave that looks like it is part of the big cave but is really a small cave at the north side of the island (entrance is near where the jumping puzzle starts) Just beware of the egg laying Karka & facesucker babies standing over the demolition guy there (never have seen anyone do this event yet either)

Posted by: Tengu.4209

Tengu.4209

You are sure you got all the points of interest for the map? There is one in a cave that looks like it is part of the big cave but is really a small cave at the north side of the island (entrance is near where the jumping puzzle starts) Just beware of the egg laying Karka & facesucker babies standing over the demolition guy there (never have seen anyone do this event yet either)

If they were at the Egglayer, then they were around the end of that event…it starts out easy, but at the end it then requires 3+ people to do it.

You ARE rewarded with a chest for your efforts though.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]
Ajini – Thief – Commander

Aerinndis.2730

ooh, nice to know! thanks.

sdcmgs.7348

I checked against Wiki for the POI and it appears I have all of them. I checked against Duffy and it appears I have all the locations for sightseer but it will not complete. It remains at 85%. I’m at a loss. Thank you for the reply though

Not So Epic [HAL]

Aerinndis.2730

Try guesting on another server to see if that triggers it.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Why don’t you take a screenshot of your map so we can see what you might be missing.

sdcmgs.7348

Why don’t you take a screenshot of your map so we can see what you might be missing.

Thank you for the suggestion. The screenshot of Southsun is attached. : )

Attachments:

Not So Epic [HAL]

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Looks pretty complete to me. I’m looking at the wiki and it says:

Southsun Sightseer
Visit each waypoint on Southsun Cove and cross the bridge between Dappled Shores and Driftglass Springs.

You have all the waypoints and I’m pretty sure you would have crossed that bridge many times when exploring.

Have you done the jumping puzzle to get up on the islet in the NW corner? I don’t think it counts for anything , but you can reveal the area from the ground without actually getting up there. Maybe going into crab toss arena counts?

sdcmgs.7348

Looks pretty complete to me. I’m looking at the wiki and it says:

Southsun Sightseer
Visit each waypoint on Southsun Cove and cross the bridge between Dappled Shores and Driftglass Springs.

You have all the waypoints and I’m pretty sure you would have crossed that bridge many times when exploring.

Have you done the jumping puzzle to get up on the islet in the NW corner? I don’t think it counts for anything , but you can reveal the area from the ground without actually getting up there. Maybe going into crab toss arena counts?

I did get the jp islet area. I am stumped. Perhaps it will just complete for me one day lol. I thank each of you for the suggestions.

Not So Epic [HAL]

sdcmgs.7348

Oh my goodness! It completed and it is crazy what triggered it. I came to Captain’s Retreat through the water on the wooden staircase (in the back area). Once I got to the top -it completed. How crazy is that? Thank goodness though! Thank everyone for all the help!!

Not So Epic [HAL]