13/13 Invasions of different maps

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

I’ve seen lots of posts regarding completing invasions and not getting credit. When i first started this achievement,I thought I was clever and I wrote down on paper, which zones I completed. Silly me, I asumed getting a map reward at the end meant i got credit towards my achievement. However, having completed all 13 I found this is not the case. I dont mind getting disconnected and not getting credit, I can even deal with having to repeat zones, because of some completetion bug.
Now however I find myself at 12/13 zones completed and have no clue which one Im missing. Obviously the game knows which one it is… So my question is, is there anyway to update the achievement, to show us which zones we have completed??

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

Do you also have the fire and ice achieve completed? For most people it seems fireheart is the one that fails to update for them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Welp, I was also stuck at 12/13 for a while. So I went through and started playing all the maps again.

On my third time beating Fields of Ruin, it finally ticked over to 13/13.

>.>

There must be some bug. Either…

1. Sometimes it doesn’t give credit for failed events and should
  2. Sometimes it does give credit for failed events but shouldn’t
  3. It only gives credit if your ‘main map’ succeeds

That’s my theory at least. Either way, there should have been some sort of ingame way of tracking it for you.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sheratan.5643

Sheratan.5643

There is no way to know the maps which are missing? In part one, I am sure I have made them all, but I am always 11/13… :-(

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

The Information which parts of an achievement are done / not done would be helpful:

Click!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Welp, I was also stuck at 12/13 for a while. So I went through and started playing all the maps again.

On my third time beating Fields of Ruin, it finally ticked over to 13/13.

>.>

There must be some bug. Either…

1. Sometimes it doesn’t give credit for failed events and should
  2. Sometimes it does give credit for failed events but shouldn’t
  3. It only gives credit if your ‘main map’ succeeds

That’s my theory at least. Either way, there should have been some sort of ingame way of tracking it for you.

I am at 9/13 and I participated 3 more different maps in my main server. All are ended successfully; however, I am still at 9/13 =)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

ANet tracks which maps we’ve done (They need to for the Achievement), yet doesn’t display this to the user.

Poor UI design, plain and simple.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

ANet tracks which maps we’ve done (They need to for the Achievement), yet doesn’t display this to the user.

Poor UI design, plain and simple.

I have the same complaint about killing types for the daily. I’d like to know what “type” I’m missing so I can hunt it down. I’d like to know which field I’m missing so I can go there and complete it. Is it so hard to put a little more info into the tooltip?

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The funny thing is we all had the same complaints with the ballon towers achievement (visit 30 ballon towers) in the previous chapter of the living story and yet they did the same thing for this release!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I’ve done 9 separate events and got credit for 8——————because (1) FAILED————even though you get a “reward” for all events entered, you don’t get credit for any that failed (for the achievement)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

I’ve done 9 separate events and got credit for 8——————because (1) FAILED————even though you get a “reward” for all events entered, you don’t get credit for any that failed (for the achievement)

This night, I left my hero in loc, did few portal events, and gone afk. When i returned – I had 3 chests and +1 achivement. I think it was lose, since for win u get full 5 chests.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

that’s completely untrue. You do get credit for failed events as well. You just need to be there for the whole event (joining after 10 mins, even if you end up in main/correct overflow seems to disqualify you for achievement credit) , participate in it (in portal events, not only in aether/molten farming), and do not get disconnected. DC or switching overflows (or overflow to main) also seem to disqualify you – most likely the game sees this as the same as joining late.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Heimdall Vali.3125

Heimdall Vali.3125

that’s completely untrue. You do get credit for failed events as well. You just need to be there for the whole event (joining after 10 mins, even if you end up in main/correct overflow seems to disqualify you for achievement credit) , participate in it (in portal events, not only in aether/molten farming), and do not get disconnected. DC or switching overflows (or overflow to main) also seem to disqualify you – most likely the game sees this as the same as joining late.

In my experience that’s not true at all. I got credit sometimes and sometimes not. Sometimes I fight everything and sometimes I just wait until the event is done and I can’t make a connection between credits & rewards and behaviour during the events so I just try to go to all metaevents as possible, make all events as possible, and pray for the game gives me the correct reward and achievement.

In addition, I beg for a good rotation for the events because I saw the same map invaded so many times in a day, making the 13/13 achievement absurdly hard to get. I’m stucked at 10/13 and I’m tired of defending the same maps…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I have just done Lornar’s Pass three times, which was the only one I am missing. Yet on all three occassions, the achievement did not update. I did it twice in an overflow, and once in the main server, but I am still stuck at 12/13.
I know 100% sure this is the one I miss, since this is the only zone that is still virtually unexplored.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Try using an alt and stay afk. It works till your alt also plagued with that bug ^^

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sheratan.5643

Sheratan.5643

The Information which parts of an achievement are done / not done would be helpful:

Click!

I open that window(!) , but I don’t see the list: maybe I have to change something in the options, but I don’t know how to do it

(edited by Sheratan.5643)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

Click!

I open that window(!) , but I don’t see the list: maybe I have to change something in the options, but I don’t know how to do it

It is an image to show an example of how it can be done. It is not currently possible in-game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

Click!

Please add your votes to this thread “Extended Achievement Tracker”: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Extended-Achievement-Tracker so ANet will know we want this ASAP, as well as fixing the buggy achievement

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

Guys, looks like a fix ain’t coming

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/merged-Invasion-Canceler-not-advancing/page/5#post2705862

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Guys, looks like a fix ain’t coming

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/merged-Invasion-Canceler-not-advancing/page/5#post2705862

" In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion."

Because that was so hard to think of in the first place????

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

from my experience, it seems that the 13/13 achievement only registers if you have been in the invasion for a certain amount of time.

if you join in the invasion later, you will not get it registered.