A lot of people want to play bad guys.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I am one of them, I think Tyria needs to be changed, in the immortal words of Trehearne: “This won’t end well!”

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

thankfully, there are plenty of other games that give you this choice. GW2 isn’t one of them though.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It doesn’t have to be “bad guys” per se, Anet just need to got back to the main concept of the Order having different methods in dealing with the dragons. So those who are not part of the same Order, they can be perceived as “bad guys” just like how members of each Orders used to perceive each other.

IMO, the “alliance” happened too soon and it feels that the GW2 have ended with the Personal Story. Anet needs to do something that re-spark the distrust of each leaders towards the other leaders and have the Personal Story 2.0 fork this way depending on which Order the player choose to be a member of.

It would be nice to see the Vigil marching to Crystal Desert, the Priory takes on Jormag, and the Whisper takes on Primordius.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Playing as bad guys won’t work game.

But I would like to play a hero with a dark side (mercenary, real thief, spy, or letting us choose which factions to help in a LS).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

Feel free to play the bad guy. It’s called WvW. I suggest TC for your nefarious lair.

May your enemies know your quality before you ever meet on the field of battle.

Verum et Vitae

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

If your playing Charr you are playing a bad guy! :x

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Only real bad guy in all of GW are political and religious enemies (Caudecus and Flame legion higher ups that refuse for sake of refusal). Its mostly a matter of perspective: the Mursaat protected Tyria from the titans, the Charr were kittenz that grew up on the streets abbandoned and now found their previous owner old and weak; some of them wanting to fight on equal footing as the things that kicked them like Baelfire turning into a god, Shiro is a guy who got tricked into a self-fulfilling prophecy, Zhai zhai, Primo and co didnt do jack kitten till living races started trolling around with their powers/aka being idiots and Abbadon was just trolled by the other Gods by saying no its your fault that WE gave the mortals magic, not shoo shoo into your corner of the mists, take this tentacle grape dummy hat with you AND dont you dare look at us with a pouty face!

Thats kinda exactly the thing, people love to cheer for the underdogs and to be honest when the enemy is more interesting than the blank slates of “i AM a MoLEman” or “HEROES we must FIGHt TogeTHEr!” (that were dredge and saladmancer for those who didnt bother watching the TGS podcast about GW2) boring, its no wonder that most of the playerbase would like to fight for the flame legion or svanir or even be a commander/champion of one of the elder dragons (especially since your kitten mentors are on that deskjob of hammering too). Kinda the Darth Vader Effect.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

Sir Vincent III

It doesn’t have to be “bad guys” per se, Anet just need to got back to the main concept of the Order having different methods in dealing with the dragons. So those who are not part of the same Order, they can be perceived as “bad guys” just like how members of each Orders used to perceive each other.

The Orders don’t perceive each other as bad guys. They are well aware of the fact that each one of them in the end tries to save Tyria from ruin. They are mostly stubbornly annoyed with one another as to why the other two parties involved cannot see that their own plan to attack or carry out a mission is vastly superior.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

GW2 put a lot of effort into making a point that it is very relative what “bad guys” means. On one map we kill Skritt, on another we’re helping them out. Same for Grawl, Hylek, Ogres etc etc.

We do have dedicated bad guys in form of the racial enemies (Nightmare Court, Bandits, Flame Legion, Inquest and Svanirpeople). You can roleplay them, but not play-play them. I find it a real shame, I think I would have fun running as Inquest for a while. Just think, many regular NPCs would suddenly be hostile and hostile NPCs would suddenly be vendors and have dialogue. Fun, that would be!

Sadly, that’s not the way that GW2 was set up.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Xzaander.4123

Xzaander.4123

But would it ‘really’ have been that hard to write our personal story with more shades of gray at least? Or making the orders more political, making decisions that may not be morally favourable but practically something “good”? The Vigil could maybe have shown to be a bit too militant at times, abusing their power and harming civilians. The mystery about OoW could have been expanded on, what do they know, and it it their right to know it? Or the Priory, filled with scientists and scholars that sometimes take their tests and experiments too far, causing innocent people to suffer from the effects?

Of course it’s ‘harder’ to write intricate political dilemmas than your everyday “oh-so-good-heroes-on-a-quest-to-save-the-world” stuff, but it would add so much depth into our characters. We’ve got some NPC characters that may not be classified as “evil” and instead rest in that grey area, but nowhere can the player choose anything other than being so purely good. Good, sure, but this valiant and almost always cheerful? Bah…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

But I would like to play a hero with a dark side (mercenary, real thief, spy, or letting us choose which factions to help in a LS).

All these things are possible with ROLEPLAY. It’s quite magical. Give your character the personality YOU want them to have.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

But would it ‘really’ have been that hard to write our personal story with more shades of gray at least? Or making the orders more political, making decisions that may not be morally favourable but practically something “good”? The Vigil could maybe have shown to be a bit too militant at times, abusing their power and harming civilians. The mystery about OoW could have been expanded on, what do they know, and it it their right to know it? Or the Priory, filled with scientists and scholars that sometimes take their tests and experiments too far, causing innocent people to suffer from the effects?

Well we got the vigil that let zhais minions slaughter 3 locations because they didnt wanna react till there was a real fight (not really bad), the priory who allowed not only for jormag corruption to spread but also shoved it into the Underworld where it could make god knows what bad stuff and risked the lives of people to test weapons mutliple times (ok more on the “bad morals, good results” side) and the good old OoW that plain state to steal political secrets, risked the charr/human relationship, abuse inquest and dredge tech and knew of the elder dragons for way longer than any of the other factions existed, without telling anybody… (yeah we are kinda kittenbags with tons of power) but they do at least they contribute to everyones progress.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I don’t want to play de bad guy.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If your playing Charr you are playing a bad guy! :x

Former bad guys. We’re the Piccolo/Vegeta of the bunch these days.

… Most of us, anyway.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I’d love to play a Inquest or Nightmare Court Personal Story with my Sylvari Necromancer and my Asura Engineer. That would be so much more fun.

in Clockwork Chaos

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III

The Orders don’t perceive each other as bad guys. They are well aware of the fact that each one of them in the end tries to save Tyria from ruin. They are mostly stubbornly annoyed with one another as to why the other two parties involved cannot see that their own plan to attack or carry out a mission is vastly superior.

Note the quotations and learn its meaning.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

IT\t does you let the bad guys and good guys carve out territories in game and kill each other. It would be simple too have a setting under game options titled affiliation which will change depending on living world and give you a sub title. Of Course there would be a neutral option too. It would be one way to let people shape the world as they want it. let people fight on side they want during living stories not the side you decide Anet. This would make a true living world.

in Clockwork Chaos

CETheLucid.3964

IT\t does you let the bad guys and good guys carve out territories in game and kill each other. It would be simple too have a setting under game options titled affiliation which will change depending on living world and give you a sub title. Of Course there would be a neutral option too. It would be one way to let people shape the world as they want it. let people fight on side they want during living stories not the side you decide Anet. This would make a true living world.

WvW says hi.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

WvW says hi.

^Seriously…..

If you want to play as a bad guy, go play WoW, go play LOTRO Monster play, or go play Wildstar or Everquest Next when it comes out. Heck, go play as a space pirate and gank poor defensless players all day in Eve Online. Just don’t try to make Guild Wars 2 into something the series has never been.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I dont want to play the bad guy, but I don’t want to be a hero either. Too many rpgs out there force a very major role on the player while I’d just want to do my own thing. This is why my personal story is still lvl 40 something and why I have never done the main quest of any elder scroll series despite playing them hundreds of hours.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It would split the community. I don’t want that horde vs alliance nonsense in Guild Wars 2. If you want to harass/gank other players, go to wvw.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jawfish.5782

Jawfish.5782

I too am dissapointed in the lack of moral choices. So, every NPC and Players in Tyria are all good? Dang, what a nice place to live in. I thought there would be pillaging, murder, thieving, kitten , etc.. Especially in a world where “Those with Might are right”.

So now that i’ve thrown in my 2 cents on that topic. On a related matter. What is the point of the Choices of:
Charm
Dignity
Ferocity

Seems like it just makes your character “Charming” or “Barbaric” or “Militant” etc. Does it actually effect ANYTHING in ANYWAY?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I too am dissapointed in the lack of moral choices. So, every NPC and Players in Tyria are all good? Dang, what a nice place to live in. I thought there would be pillaging, murder, thieving, kitten , etc.. Especially in a world where “Those with Might are right”.

So now that i’ve thrown in my 2 cents on that topic. On a related matter. What is the point of the Choices of:
Charm
Dignity
Ferocity

Seems like it just makes your character “Charming” or “Barbaric” or “Militant” etc. Does it actually effect ANYTHING in ANYWAY?

Nope.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Jawfish.5782

Jawfish.5782

Seems pretty dumb to even include something so Trivial into the game. Like having a PS3 and no T.V. to use it with

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

CoH/CoV (RIP) had a nice mix — you could play as either a hero or a villain, and when they introduced Going Rogue, you could wind up somewhere inbetween morally (the villain who was reconsidering motives/motivations, the hero falling from grace). Plus, the added perk was that each (hero or villian) had their own professions, so it shook things up a bit.

Realistically, they COULD do it in an expansion, with keeping the same races in place, and allowing the option of playing as Nightmare Court, Inquest, Flame Legion, Sons of Svanir, Separatist/Bandit/Pirate, with all new personal stories, zones, etc., and eventually reach a point where the two sections (Heroes and Villains) could co-mingle …

But I don’t really see that as a route they’ll take the game …

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Clockwork Chaos

Sir Vincent III.1286

You can LFG and require 6k+ AP and see how fast you turn into a bad guy.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

You can LFG and require 6k+ AP and see how fast you turn into a bad guy.

Or simply act like a majority of the gaming community which is well hated.

in Clockwork Chaos

CETheLucid.3964

So, every NPC and Players in Tyria are all good?

No, some PCs are selfish and stuck on themselves. Some are cool. There are good and bad NPCs. That should be obvious.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

well, there are LOTS of Nightmare Court RP guilds on TC.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Just wondering, wouldn’t the Order of Whispers fall under this category? They’re pretty suspicious, they keep a lot of secrets, sometimes they resort to dastardly tactics such as blackmail, and their motives aren’t always well known.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Just wondering, wouldn’t the Order of Whispers fall under this category? They’re pretty suspicious, they keep a lot of secrets, sometimes they resort to dastardly tactics such as blackmail, and their motives aren’t always well known.

The personal story does not feel like the rest of the game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

Charm
Dignity
Ferocity

it was an unfinished idea that made it into the game. it was actually supposed to affect your interactions and choices with npcs but they didnt implement it the way they had originally planned. Its pretty much just there for show.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Axelshock.1597

Axelshock.1597

I just want to a head count of who realizes that this is still Chapter 1 of the GW2 story.
I mean we have only really fought Zaitan…the first of Six… >_> <_<

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I want a massacre in Divinity’s Reach and Queen Jennah’s head on a platter! Simple as that. It’ll make this the best living story update ever >:D