Disconneects prevent getting achievment

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Merle Schwarz.1078

Merle Schwarz.1078

What purpose is there not starting in ALL overflow maps this tiring event?
I live in the countryside with internet connection of “DSL RAM 1000” (Yes there’re no zeros missing… -.-) with inordinate disconnects on a fairly regular basis and therefore I have trouble getting the hang to this event.
I have to admit that the timer of just 1 hour isn’t too long but does it hurt to enable the invasion events on ALL overflow maps and not just on the ones created withing the first 10 minutes of the invasion start?

I don’t want to complain too much but every time I get on a map with an active invasion I can bet my saraly on the almost 100% chance of getting a disconnect.
I understand that you don’t want to reward the late comers and such on the same basis as the ones that were fighting all the time but just to get the achievment wouldn’t hurt to give them also a chance wouldn’t it?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

That sucks about your internet, and sorry I don’t have any useful advice. I know someone jokingly said that they were going to try to do 1-2 events and then go to a secluded area of the map to wait out the timer (not fun or fair to anyone though). You could try playing at off peak hours on the weekends (or whenever you have off) to see if you can have a more stable internet connection.

Something similar happened to me last night though, about 1 min left on the timer and Scarlet was going down slowly, I had the entire game crash and boot me back to my desktop. I was able to relog back in before the timer went down (had friends on voice chat who didn’t get booted) but I just got sent to overflow and missed the final reward for the 5 waves we did. Not a giant loss just a small annoyance. I had done the area already, but before I had progressed to the close the portal part of the story, so I’ll just need to do one more to make up for it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s not Anet’s fault you have a bad connection, there is nothing they can do.

The overflow timer is in place so that people aren’t playing a metaevent that would end after the next one would start.

I can imagine the outcry if a metaevent started at the half hour on an overflow an then abruptly ended because it was approach the 1-hour reset time.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

A suggestion i came across last night was that if you group up, even with strangers, then if you DC you can get back into the same instance with your party members. If you log back in and end up in a different instance, you can goto your group, right click and choose “join in xxxxx.”

I am not sure I understand the logic behind how instances are created, but I know that this is a problem over all. A couple nights ago when the hotfix came through we were well into finishing the event and then everyone got kicked out. We had a whole zerg pop back up in an overflow with no way of getting back into our instance to finish.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

in Clockwork Chaos

Merle Schwarz.1078

So basicly all I have to do is to group up with total strangers ( who don’t even speak my language on an overflow map) to try to get back on in the right map after disconnect hoping they didn’t kick me from the party after me logging off for several minutes it takes to reconnect?
Sounds so simple yet never came to me. Thank you guys! Will try this on the next invasion.

Although this seems a fair solution it’s still a bit kittened that you have to resort to such a mechanic… Anyway thanks a bunch!

in Clockwork Chaos

Merle Schwarz.1078

Okay, I tried partying with others… Went well so far until Scarlet was at aproximatedly 1% HP. Then the whole map had a disconnect. Some optimistic folks wrote tickets… but .. oh well. Let’s leave it like this.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It’s not Anet’s fault you have a bad connection, there is nothing they can do.

/rolleyes

Nobody expects ANet to do anything about their internet connection, or to make them not DC ever.

We kind of do expect ANet to put us back on the map AND server that we DCed from. And on the same map and server, maybe retain any active buffs required to complete the content.

I’ve had random disconnects before and it screwed me up quite a few times, examples:

• DC in Southsun, reconnect, end up in a completely different overflow in the middle of an angry mob instead of the event that you were just partaking in / a liberated camp / the zerg you were running with
  • DC in Southsun, the Settler/Consortium buff is gone, and you have to WP (if you’re not in combat immediately, see above) and fight your way back to your original location
  • DC in Labyrinthine Cliffs, logged back in, be somewhere up the airship stripped of all aspect charges, left with no other option than to WP and start over
  • DC in Chaos Clockwork zerg, you come back in, different overflow or original map where the event has been finished
  • DC in Scarlet dungeon, entire party was kicked even though I never left the party and was back in game within 2 minutes

I don’t know what’s so hard about remembering the ID of the actual server and map that a player last played on and placing the character back THERE, with buffs intact, should they reconnect within so and so many minutes.

DCing is bad enough without the game’s memory blanks. It would spare us a lot of heartache.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vulko.1974

Vulko.1974

same pet peeve here, got disconnected twice from an invasion and effectively wasted 2 hours of my life for nothing… how the hell am I gonna get 13 different invasions at this rate?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

Last night I got disconnected after 30 minutes of a Scarlet invasion. I could not get back onto a map that had the event going, so got no credit for achievements.

Disconnects are very rare for me. I believe this was not on my end.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Common with this new patch and world event invasion. No official acknowledgement that I’ve found. I know you’re surprised by this, but hang in there. In the meantime, throw money at them in the gem shop

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.