Farmers vs Completers

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

I can understand both sides very well but instead of accusing someone, I try to provide a solution.

My preferred suggestion is to add an repeatable achievement requiring to kill scarlet (say 7 times) and add 1 laurel as reward for completing.

And voilá…Die die die. Die die die, die die!

This won’t end well…

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Smodge.6475

Smodge.6475

Theres a number of issues.
A few days ago I was doing invasions we won 80% of them, I would either

A) champ farm and get about 30-40 bags a run.
B) do the event normally, just go wherever was needed and get 20-25 bags a run + the beat scarlet reward.

This was fine at first as most invasions we won.
SoS today lost 4 invasions in a row including Gendarren Fields (one of the easiest zones)

I just simply wanted my “kill scarlet” bonus 2 rares for the day, the difference between champ farming and trying to win a few days ago was only about 10 bags so compare 10 bags to 2 guaranteed rares, I’ll take the 2 rares.

Unfortunately now I can’t try to complete the event normally like I used to, now instead of going wherever I’m needed, I’m forced to only do clockwork minions.
for the last 3 runs I have accrued a total of 10-15 bags per run this was trying to only do the minions.

Farming is beginning to hurt the invasions a few days ago the majority of invasions were won, over the last 2 days however the win rate has dropped dramatically as there are more and more farmers.

The issue is even trying to do the event normally and trying to win is resulting in LESS profit than when the farmers were actively farming.
I have seen pirate captains sit on 25% health for 10 minutes as noone hits it hoping for more spawns.

I have seen a failure on Aetherblades when they were the 3rd wave with 32 minutes on the event clock to go (we didn’t even reach scarlet)

Winning still helps with 1 simple thing, those bonus 2 rares per day, honestly this farming feels like its becoming stupid.

I know a player shouldn’t tell other players HOW to play, but farmers are actually being a detriment to those who are trying to complete the event, they take the most profitable portion of the event and those who want to complete it are forced into the least profitable sections.

Unfortunately the only way to win with the farmers is to focus on clockwork minions.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Either go all for the event, or all go farm.

Its so frustrating when u failed the event, the farmers walk away with 30 champ bags.

I’m on Yak’s Bend and I’ve NEVER seen everyone try for one or the other. If I am adjacent to a Portal or no other events are easily accessible, I’ll go for the Clockwork enemies. However, if a Pirate Event is nearby, I’m heading there…..or a Molten Alliance event after that. Most players I’ve have observed do the same. Technically, I guess that makes me a farmer, but I certainly don’t actively AVOID closing portals just to reach the other mobs.

The ones that PO me are those players that are standing around obviously leeching the completion reward. Believe it or not I’ve seen a few of those with Commander tags displayed. I get that some of them are AFK for just some RL reason and hopefully will be back to play in a few, but I’ve seen quite a few still standing in the same spot 10 minutes after the invasion is over.

The solution is to make the completion rewards more valuable or desirable to more players (some players will only be out for MAX boxes to earn gold and nothing you do will alter their goals). I might add, some additional details on EXACTLY what constitutes a successful invasion thwart would be a good start….I’ve never seen one.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I sure hope ANet is proud of themselves for creating an event that puts players at cross purposes with each other in a large group context. It doesn’t matter where you stand on this topic … ANet is at fault here, not other players.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I sure hope ANet is proud of themselves for creating an event that puts players at cross purposes with each other in a large group context. It doesn’t matter where you stand on this topic … ANet is at fault here, not other players.

Without an incentive to do maps you’ve already completed, nobody would do them and it would be empty. You stand a better chance at completing maps with farmers than without. Farmers only scale up the events that they are at. You can just grabs those that want to complete the maps and do all of the other events.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Without an incentive to do maps you’ve already completed, nobody would do them and it would be empty. You stand a better chance at completing maps with farmers than without. Farmers only scale up the events that they are at. You can just grabs those that want to complete the maps and do all of the other events.

Two things about that: the up-scaling seems uneven to me. Sometimes two events are right next to each other and players at one will scale the other up, even if only 1-2 are doing that other event. I’ve also seen events scale differently despite that I was the only player at the event (e.g., Molten tunneling machine, sometimes the guards are all regular mobs, sometimes all vets). What I don’t know is how close to the event do players have to be to affect the scaling.

I agree that many players would not do the events if there was no incentive. That said, it does seem odd that ANet placed the incentives more on Champion kills than on event completions. Yes, better rewards for killing Champs were needed. However, so are better rewards for events, unless they are moving away from events being the central feature of open world.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

You can moderately farm and still get completion.

I want to put this all in caps and beat both sides over the head with it.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Brother Grimm.5176

That attitude is 100% cop-out …. take responsibility for you own actions and expect the same from others (tho you will be hugely disappointed with them most of the time). Anet can certainly modify the content to try and change player behavior, but full out BLAMING them for player actions is absurd and laughable.

Exactly.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

That attitude is 100% cop-out …. take responsibility for you own actions and expect the same from others (tho you will be hugely disappointed with them most of the time). Anet can certainly modify the content to try and change player behavior, but full out BLAMING them for player actions is absurd and laughable.

Exactly.

What are you suggesting? That players put someone else’s needs ahead of their own? How can you even expect something like that? I just don’t understand this style of thinking…

We’re all rational beings. It’s insane to demand that people act otherwise.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Yes I think it’s a bad thing that farming is rewarded over finishing an event as intended Anet needs to rethink their rewards, their core players, and how players can achieve prestige items like legendaries. As long as things are time/mats gated people will try and farm. I think it negatively impacts the community, too. Everyone is suddenly very negative and punishing those who want to actually complete events.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Aerlen.5326

Yes I think it’s a bad thing that farming is rewarded over finishing an event as intended Anet needs to rethink their rewards, their core players, and how players can achieve prestige items like legendaries. As long as things are time/mats gated people will try and farm. I think it negatively impacts the community, too. Everyone is suddenly very negative and punishing those who want to actually complete events.

That goes both ways.

I watched an event fail because no one wanted to touch the pirates and be complained at or accused of farming, any commander in a pirate circle got QQed at.

The invasions are easy mode. You get credit if they fail, you get credit if they succeed. Two folks got “Invasion Canceller” in Fields of Ruin though we failed.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Exactly.

Bullcrap. It’s not a copout at all … because both sides have perfectly legitimate reasons for playing the game as they the want to. It has nothing at all to do with anyone, me or anyone else, “taking responsibility for their own actions.” The problem purely comes from ANet creating a situation that requires cooperation among large groups of players yet gives them different and essentially opposite objectives.

Yes, it is possible to do both if you play enough hours, but anyone who justifiably wants to do just one is at odds with those who want to do the other in any particular event. That’s poor game design, pure and simple. Conquest in Rift proved that over a year ago, but ANet somehow didn’t pay attention.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I agree, educate, try not to bicker. It also would help to have farmers state on map chat, farming [waypoint] and completers state event [waypoint] so that folk can pick where they would like to go depending on their inclination and know where the action is heading.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

I don’t know about the rest of you but on my server I’ve only won once. Failed 99% of the time. I got reallly screwed because I lost power, changed to wvw to not get killed, etc. and couldn’t get back in due to being sent to overflow without invasion. Lost power 2 min before end. transferred out of overflow that did have invasion to regular only to find that invasion was done there, again, just before we won and/or time ran out. The one time I did win I only got 1 scrap. I did however get a full shoulder pad out of the secret boxes (ones instead of scraps) on a fail. I also got an exotic with a “superior rune of divinity” which I Black Lion Salvaged out to sell for more than the item. Sold for just under 13 gold (before taxes and listing fees). increased my wallet by about 60%. I’m up to 32 gold… most I’ve ever had at once.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The one point in the invasion where farmers actually may cause harm is when aetherblades spawns are still up, when when their event bar has been completed. If they despawned a bit faster, I don’t think any of this would be an issue.

That’s a potentially divisive issue for completion of the event when Aetherblades are part of the second wave.

Another issue is that particularly coordinated farming zerg will leave the Aetherblade Captain up as long as possible or outright ignore it (so that more champions spawn to defend it), and when that particular event fails, it does nothing to advance that particular wave.

The more invasions I experience however, suggests to me that the number of farmers that don’t contribute significantly to the meta event are pretty low (it’s a pretty small number that will do either of those things, really), and it’s really only an issue when the farmers vastly outnumber those trying to complete the event, or those trying to complete the event are horribly coordinated themselves.

It doesn’t seem to be nearly as terrible of a clash as these forums would suggest.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Brother Grimm.5176

What are you suggesting? That players put someone else’s needs ahead of their own? How can you even expect something like that? I just don’t understand this style of thinking…

What I’m suggesting is that if a player is going to be a full tilt, selfish prick, they should just admit to it and quit trying to blame the game (or designers) for “enabling” them to be selfish. I don’t understand the current acceptance that EVERYTHING has to be some one’s fault (and those that think that way are absolutely sure it can never be their own).

I’m not saying that ANet could not make changes to alter the current behavior of selfish players, but putting the blame for selfish behavior 100% on ANet’s shoulders is what I don’t understand. The content presents a choice. It is NOT black and white. I often join in and help close portals and then later waypoint across the map to hit a Pirate event. From my observations there are a lot of other players that do the same.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Aerlen.5326

What I’m suggesting is that if a player is going to be a full tilt, selfish prick, they should just admit to it and quit trying to blame the game (or designers) for “enabling” them to be selfish. I don’t understand the current acceptance that EVERYTHING has to be some one’s fault (and those that think that way are absolutely sure it can never be their own).

I’m not saying that ANet could not make changes to alter the current behavior of selfish players, but putting the blame for selfish behavior 100% on ANet’s shoulders is what I don’t understand. The content presents a choice. It is NOT black and white. I often join in and help close portals and then later waypoint across the map to hit a Pirate event. From my observations there are a lot of other players that do the same.

This is what I do too – that’s what I mean by “moderately farming”. I will help close a few portals then I will hit one pirate event. Rinse and repeat. That way, I’m both helping advance the event and securing a bit of extra loot for myself. If I only get to hit one pirate event, that’s fine, it means everyone is working super fast for completion and I’ll likely get Scarlet loot if I haven’t already killed her that day.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I wonder if you apply this same logic to real life as well. Let’s say the government allows me to take advantage of a certain tax break that economists agree is bad for the economy – the details of why it’s bad is irrelevant.

As a rational person wanting to save money I take advantage of this tax break. Sure, I have the choice to not make use of it. But just because I save money this way means I’m a selfish prick? You tell me – who is the bad guy here. A person who makes use of the tax break or the government that created the tax break in the first place?

This is absurd. Of course we have a choice. But why would reasonable people choose to throw away money? What shocks me is that so many people actually think that people are “selfish” for doing this. As opposed to what?

P.S: If you don’t like the idea of a tax break, just think of any government policy that’s bad for the economy but benefits some people. Are those people “selfish” for making use of the benefits provided to them?

(edited by bhagwad.4281)

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: teyjattt.5214

teyjattt.5214

Sorry but I didn’t read every post in here yet. Who’s being the selfish prick? The ones who want the farmers to give up their loot so they can get the completion that they want, or the ones who are more concerned about getting their loot instead of helping with the event completion? Couldn’t the argument be made that both are being selfish?

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Sorry but I didn’t read every post in here yet. Who’s being the selfish prick? The ones who want the farmers to give up their loot so they can get the completion that they want, or the ones who are more concerned about getting their loot instead of helping with the event completion? Couldn’t the argument be made that both are being selfish?

Exactly. People are doing whatever they need to do. Some need the Scarlet achievement, so completion is their priority. For anyone who doesn’t, all that matters is being there at the finish, so getting as much as you can out of the event itself is likely the priority (granted, taking down scarlet at least once per day can be rather profitable, though more than once isn’t worth going out of your way for).

Is it selfish for people to inhibit the event because farming is more profitable for them? Sure, but it’s not wrong.

Is it selfish for people to want to inhibit the farming because completing the event is more important to them? Sure, but it’s not wrong.

Both groups have things they want/need. They have the right to pursue those. Obviously they have the right to complain about other groups working against them, but then those groups have the right to ignore those complaints or lodge counter-complaints or… well, here we are. I doubt much will get changed.

At worst by farming you’re making it tougher for a portion of the players to get a single achievement, but who should lose any sleep over that? Obviously I encourage those who want to finish to take any steps they can to coordinate and try and progress as much as possible. Honestly the optimal setup is probably to have all farmers at one or two events and all completers spread out among the others in teams of 4-5 or whatever, just in terms of both working towards their own goals. But organizing that many people is going to be tough even if you all agree on those sets of goals.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I have noticed over the past few days the more and more people have stopped caring about completing it after getting the achievements. Last night there was twice in a row there was barely anyone doing the minions unless there was a champ there.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Farming really sucks now, aethers appear only late in the event. WTH! The maps are boring without the farming.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

If minion loot didn’t suck so much there wouldn’t be a problem, but unless there’s a champ there the minion portals just aren’t worth it (except to those who want to win). In fact, even if there is a champ I often see zergs kill it then run away rather than deal with the rest of the portal.

Personally, I hate the mechanic of having to destroy minions after you’ve killed them. That sort of thing worked for the Queen’s Speech intro instance and Scarlet’s Playhouse, but not in these big invasions. It’s a hassle and (IMO) makes the minion portals even less fun than they already are.

I also hate that minions come in 2 forms: non-veteran trash that often dies before you can get a hit on it and overly tough veterans/silvers (whatever they’re called) that take forever to kill (and drop crap).

It’s probably too late to fix now, but those are some reasons why people hate doing the minion portals to note for next time. :P I think it’s better to give incentive for people to do them than nerf the event as a whole and cause mass disinterest (see: Pavilion).

(edited by Lane.3410)

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Anet made Aetherblades more profitable than Minions, you get the achievements whether you win or lose. Minion aren’t any more fun to kill than Aetherblade and Molten Champs. The bonus chest is only once per day per map. Why wouldn’t I focus on the Aetherblades and get an extra 10-15 gear boxes? Why are people all OCD on completing every event at the cost of getting less reward? It’s not like Scarlet is a fun and interesting fight. Just stand there and press 1 and get some clockwork scraps for yet another ugly pair of shoulder pads.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

They should remove all champ bags from peoples inventory if the event fails, even ones they got from other zones.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Either go all for the event, or all go farm.

Its so frustrating when u failed the event, the farmers walk away with 30 champ bags.

Also if we complete, all the farmers who actually did nothing completing the event, get the same reward.

No offense but farmers shouldnt be on the same map as the completers.
i suggest all completers join home server, while the farmers wait 1 minute to get in the overflow.

I suggest learning the mechanics of the invasions.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

That’s probably one of the most frequent trite remark that you can read everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, nothing against you, but it doesn’t take to be a genius to find this logic is nonsense. We are indeed capable of being rational, but more often than not, we fail to understand the diversity of opinions and interests, and thus we make choices far from being rational. If we were to make enlightened choices every time, our world would definitely not be the same, and by that I mean it would be a lot less crappy.

Now, that being said, here is my 2 cents about the subject : This is the most interesting post in this topic : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/speech/Farmers-vs-Completers/2704100

And to share my opinion and experience on the subject, I have to say that I belong to first group, but not only for the reasons listed. I have all the achievements I need, but I do know that it’s not the case for everyone.
While I try to complete the events, I also think about all those people who still don’t have the achievement. I’m not a skritt running after its “shiny”. I’m a player that likes to succeed, to complete objectives, and to help people do so in a collective way. I like good teamwork, and I like to see what we can do when we put our heart into things.

Now on my homeworld, yesterday was nothing more than a zerg feast, with 5 commander stuck together, draining all the people to them. You would think than one blue icon on the map would be enough for that, but it looks like those commanders failed to see that when you activate your tag, you have a responsibility, which is to coordinate and help people work together. Instead of that, anyone trying to complete an event without the zerg was called a “selfish idiot”.

Nothing more to say, anyone can draw its own conclusion about the general ambiance it creates.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet made Aetherblades more profitable than Minions, you get the achievements whether you win or lose. Minion aren’t any more fun to kill than Aetherblade and Molten Champs. The bonus chest is only once per day per map. Why wouldn’t I focus on the Aetherblades and get an extra 10-15 gear boxes? Why are people all OCD on completing every event at the cost of getting less reward? It’s not like Scarlet is a fun and interesting fight. Just stand there and press 1 and get some clockwork scraps for yet another ugly pair of shoulder pads.

Every point here is correct (I wouldn’t say OCD, though). Fact is that the fight is not very much fun so all it has going for it is the loot. So obviously most people are going the path of maximizing loot.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

People still need to do achievements believe it or not; so those that farm and hinder event completion aren’t doing the others any favors.

Anet can easily stop farmers; once the Aetherblades sky captain pops up, just make the rest of his mobs invulnerable until he’s killed, problem solved. I would much rather them do that than their typical solution in just nerfing loot (that helps nobody).

I wouldn’t consider farmers obtaining 30 bags per invasion good.. I’ve walked away with over 60 bags before finishing the event, as well as, about 12 gold.

You close portals by killing mobs, the farmers are killing mobs, exactly how are they hindering your event completion.

This is simply a case of “QQ I want people to do the event for me”, well NO. If you want the event done, DO IT. No one is trying to stop you. You can’t say the same for the farmers. They can’t just do what they want, because they have to fight mobs+other players.

At what point did it become the mission of players to do content for others. Do it yourself. I farm, but I have every achievement. No one did them for me. I got a group of people, and we got the achievement. It’s not hard, if people complained less and worked more they would find it easy.

edit

I did the achievement for closing 5 with only 4 other players. It was really easy to get. None of the achievements are hard, and only ONE requires finishing the event. If you haven’t gotten it by now, why are you blaming other players.

I wish people here could simply accept personal responsibility.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I can only guess that there is widespread misunderstanding here.

You only need to complete one event in the ~40minutes to get the achievement for the region. You do not need to kill scarlet at the end to get the achievement. You will also get the end reward chests as long as you have not done the event in that area since reset. If there is somebody arguing that all players on a map should reduce their total rewards substantially for no reason other than to kill scarlett, I think thats pretty strange. I would understand if you needed to complete the end event to get the achievement, but thats just not the case.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if farmers can group up to do event, why not completionist who QQ so much spread across the map and do those Crosses.

everyone can play how they want. you want to farm, you farm. you want to complete the event faster, your kind of people should spread….. there’s always 2 group on a map, farmers and completionist….. usually what happen was completionist who QQ so much on map chat asking people to spread up and yet they themselves are following commanders who farm champs… wtf…go away, spread, do those crosses … don’t mind the farmers…. unless of course those completionist also actually want to farm….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

It strikes me that the biggest issue is not so much that farmers want to farm, it’s that they’re probably doing it inefficiently. Farmers taking up 4, 5 events at a time (which depending on how many waypoints are contested etc. can become a nuisance) is sub-optimal for both groups, I’d think. In general everyone could benefit from being more organized, and that is part of where any commanders who choose to wear their tags could stand to step up.

Now that would require most of the players on the map to have a decent understanding of how the meta-event works, pay attention to mapchat or whatever to keep coordinated with everyone… it may be wishful thinking but if it could be done, I think everyone would end up better off. Farmers would probably get through their events more quickly (and hence get to farm more events), completers would make more progress in the meta and have a better chance of success… just need everyone on the same page.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Brother Grimm.5176

I wonder if you apply this same logic to real life as well. Let’s say the government allows me to take advantage of a certain tax break that economists agree is bad for the economy – the details of why it’s bad is irrelevant.

As a rational person wanting to save money I take advantage of this tax break. Sure, I have the choice to not make use of it. But just because I save money this way means I’m a selfish prick? You tell me – who is the bad guy here. A person who makes use of the tax break or the government that created the tax break in the first place?

This is absurd. Of course we have a choice. But why would reasonable people choose to throw away money? What shocks me is that so many people actually think that people are “selfish” for doing this. As opposed to what?

P.S: If you don’t like the idea of a tax break, just think of any government policy that’s bad for the economy but benefits some people. Are those people “selfish” for making use of the benefits provided to them?

My use of that term was perhaps a bad choice of words. I meant to strongly suggest “person of strong self interest”, which I realize we all are. I never meant to imply I wasn’t the selfish prick most of the time. I just realize it, admit it and don’t try to blame someone else for “making me” take the actions that may or may not be morally (or otherwise) questionable.

In specific terms of the Invasions, yes, both sides in this could be considered “selfish pricks”, but for the record, I was using the term more as an extreme example to identify actions that are 100% about the individual players best interest and less about name calling (again, a bad choice on my part, I guess).

Didn’t mean to directly call anyone a “selfish prick” but deep down we all are one at times (some more than others). The morality of it steps in when we examine where we draw that line we will not cross. This being an on-line game with very limited (if any) RL consequences, that line is WAY out there for many players.

Farmers vs Completers

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: fnordette.4139

fnordette.4139

I’ve ran this event 2 -5 times nearly every day since it came out, and I usually end up with about 20 -30 bags per event, sometimes fewer, sometimes more. The most I’ve gotten is about 50, mostly from aetherblades, with the event still completing. I’m usually in overflow, which I am sure contributes to things being a little more difficult.

I would say that in overflow, the success rate for me has been about 66%, whereas in my home server, the success rate has been about 75%. I’ve never been in Gendarran, Lornar’s Pass, Fireheart Rise, or Harathi Hinterlands where it has failed.

It seems to fail for me most often in Blazeridge, Frostgorge Sound and Bloodtide Coast and I /want/ to say dredgehaunt, but I think I’ve only done that one twice (and failed both times). Both of these always have a bunch of bugged events with critters spawning in mountains etc. with the waypoints being really far from where the spawns are. Which makes it a touch more difficult.

Frostgorge and Blazeridge have the additional problem of spawns being very close to other champions. Which leads to everyone pausing a moment and going “hell, while there’s a bazillion of us here, lets knock out this guy too.” Let’s face it, whether or not you’re aiming for completion, if you’ve got a chance to knock out a champion, you’re going to do it. Don’t even pretend you’re going to take the high ground and walk away from the bag because spoilers: you aren’t.

I honestly don’t think the farmers are that big of a problem. In fact, I would say that the people who are somehow managing to have whole conversations about how horrible the farmers are in map chat while they should be running or fighting are more of a problem. The farmers are actively killing. And I have never been to an aetherblade spawn where after the second champion spawn, the team didn’t go ahead and knock out the captain,clear up and move on—usually to an adjacent clockwork.

It seems like, what works best is usually three to five commanders with large groups following them on different areas of the map, taking out events in chains—more often than not, what is right next to the one they were next to. It also works best when people aren’t telling people not to fight aetherblades when they’re only half dead. You don’t know how many times I’ve been lost on a map with only one or two commanders and have said ‘well lemme waypoint to some aetherblades to catch up to a group’ only to find myself alone. Yeah, people go to these events to farm, but I think the problem has been vastly exaggerated.