Invasion Zones

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Too many repeats. I’ve been waiting 2 days for Frostgorge to spawn and things like back to back Field of Ruin keep spawning. You’d think the two zones that are required for one of them unlocks would be higher chance.

No map should repeat itself until it’s gone through a full cycle of other zones (even if that cycle is in random order).

This whole event is just frustrating. I’ve not want to do anything in game because that next hour MIGHT be one I need and don’t want to be tied up on the hour for it. Also just makes technical issues like crashing or getting disconnected incredibly frustrating if it’s a map you need.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

(edited by Kodiak.3281)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Missy.3854

Missy.3854

I agree, Fields of Ruin, was up at the 9am hour cdt, and it is now up at the 10am hour cdt (Crystal Desert server). I have been waiting for Fireheart Rise to show up.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Kodiak.3281

I agree, Fields of Ruin, was up at the 9am hour cdt, and it is now up at the 10am hour cdt (Crystal Desert server). I have been waiting for Fireheart Rise to show up.

They’re the same for all servers. Seen the repeat same zone back to back thing a few times now and it’s pretty annoying.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Babylon.5279

Babylon.5279

I thought it was just me that was having issues with trying to get Frostgorge done, but apparently not. From Noon EDT 8/21 – 0400 EDT 8/22 and from 1400 EDT 8/22 – 0330 EDT 8/23, it didn’t spawn once, and it’s been about two days for me, too. It seems that it came up while I was sleeping.

To be fair, I suppose the new builds over the last few days could have messed with the rotation some, but not this much.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Kodiak.3281

I checked in every hour yesterday and didn’t see Frostgorge from about 10am CST to 2am CST.

Boy did I sure see Bloodtide, Harathi, Sparkfly, Iron Marches though!

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

• Every map will be invaded at least once per day, probably twice. In some cases, three times.
  • Builds do not affect the rotation.
  • The rotation is the same across all servers.
  • If you play at the same time every day, you will see all 13 maps by the end of the Clockwork Chaos release.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Babylon.5279

Thanks for the response. Will just have to attempt to check the computer once per hour at the right time in the hope that the event is happening on one of the two maps I still need.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Come on Frostgorge Sound! Baby needs a new pair of shoes! Roll them dice!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

I am happy to see Frostgorge up now! But apparently the Claw of Jormag fight is ruining our event, boooo

JQ- [VG]

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I am happy to see Frostgorge up now! But apparently the Claw of Jormag fight is ruining our event, boooo

I got my wish! Frostgorge came up! All 13 maps complete!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

• Every map will be invaded at least once per day, probably twice. In some cases, three times.
  • If you play at the same time every day, you will see all 13 maps by the end of the Clockwork Chaos release.

1/13 because of random disconnects. The problem is on YOUR end.

Router firewall is open and windows firewall is turned off. Didn’t start getting disconnected until Dragon Bash started.

It does not do this on other games.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Too many repeats. I’ve been waiting 2 days for Frostgorge to spawn and things like back to back Field of Ruin keep spawning. You’d think the two zones that are required for one of them unlocks would be higher chance.

No map should repeat itself until it’s gone through a full cycle of other zones (even if that cycle is in random order).

This whole event is just frustrating. I’ve not want to do anything in game because that next hour MIGHT be one I need and don’t want to be tied up on the hour for it. Also just makes technical issues like crashing or getting disconnected incredibly frustrating if it’s a map you need.

I have no idea which maps I am missing – that and the Fireheart Rise I can’t get so I have the opposite problem that you do.

Regardless, we all have issues getting all THIRTEEN MAPS and ANET should give us a way to do this without all the STRESS this causes in REAL LIVES.

WE can’t live our lives to do this! YOU do it for a living ANET – WE do NOT!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

atheria.2837

So why are some maps playing twice and three times in less than four hours?

Why can’t we TRACK which maps we go to?

Can you IMAGINE someone with MS doing this?

How about a mom with two kids under 3?

What the HECK do you want us to do?

We’ve been begging you since the SECOND DAY to HELP US and now you give us the Cliff Notes of the RELEASE NOTES?

Man! How ridiculously unfair and shortsighted!!!

COME ON MAN!!!!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

atheria.2837

1/13 because of random disconnects. The problem is on YOUR end.

Router firewall is open and windows firewall is turned off. Didn’t start getting disconnected until Dragon Bakitten does not do this on other games.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANET get your HEADS out of your tails and READ THE POSTS.

Do you think we are liars? CHECK YOUR DARNED LOGS FOR GOSH SAKES!!!!!!!

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

While this is all fine and dandy, this doesn’t help people that can only log on at specific times in the day (which is nearly everyone), they must be accommodated.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

atheria.2837

I’ve had Frostgorge Sound six times that I can remember – and I can’t get one of them and I can’t figure out WHICH one.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Babylon.5279

I got my wish! Frostgorge came up! All 13 maps complete!

Got Frostgorge too finally. Just need Timberline Falls now, but that one comes up fairly frequently.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Another thread showing that rewards for AP was a bad idea. I didnt seen so much QQ about achievements in any game ever as in GW2 since they introduced the AP chests. To be honest, achievements in GW2 should be renamed to something else (feel free to go creative, tasks schedule or smth) as they kill the original concept of achievements in games as we knew it.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

i dont like the event… im too slow, always in the overflow.. then lag out when i actually get in… sad times sad times

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Greyt.4815

Greyt.4815

kitten can we please get a zone tracker for the 13/13 achievement that tells us which ones we got credit for? I’ve been doing this almost nonstop for 3 days and am missing one zone and cannot figure out which one. I would like to do other stuff in the game if my needed zone isn’t up.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

kitten can we please get a zone tracker for the 13/13 achievement that tells us which ones we got credit for? I’ve been doing this almost nonstop for 3 days and am missing one zone and cannot figure out which one. I would like to do other stuff in the game if my needed zone isn’t up.

I dont want to sound rude or sarcastic but there is this thing known to man since a while. Its called pen and paper. You could try it out one day (digital version called notepad also works).

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

I made a new thread in suggestions subforum about an ‘Extented Achievement Tracker’.

Click!

Please support this :-)

(edited by Schnitzelweck.7690)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Just wanted to add, the DCs during the event are really frustrating. Dungeons, WvW, Farming, etc… all fine. The minute a zone needs to overflow for this event I DC like crazy ankitten ot getting credit. In fact, most are partying up ASAP in the zone so they can at least make it back in should they DC and not miss the event entirely.

So… yes… no frothing at mouth rage, but some type of fix or something would be nice.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Never speak in absolutes, they tend to bite you when you least expect it.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

You’re saying there’s a rotation? So it’s set and not random? Why not just let us know what the rotation is?

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BlazerellaNine.1026

BlazerellaNine.1026

I haven’t seen Timberline Falls since this started on Tuesday. Neither have any of my guild members. I did, however, see the 2 Dredgehaunts in a row today o.O Not to mention the multiple Firehearts and Sparkfly’s… I’ve managed to turn tracking this event into a job so how have I missed it?!

Blazerella Nine – Human Elementalist
Mercenaries Of Anarchy[MOA] (SBI)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Timberline was on yesterday (some 28-30 hours ago).

I am surprised to hear that there is a rotation instead of it being pretty much random, as i don’t see any reason why any such rotation should include the same zone running twice in a row.
I’d also want to know when the Fields of Ruin will be on next, because i seem to keep missing it so far.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This isn’t correct, since you’re not factoring in Overflow maps.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

I’m stuck at 11/13 I have no idea what zone I have not completed, and It dosen’t help that you get the complete event success box reguarless of if you participated or not.. Please do something to solve this issue..

Break each one up into their own achievement.. with a fraction of the total points.. or put a list in the achievement.. something please!!

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This isn’t correct, since you’re not factoring in Overflow maps.

What overflows have to do with what Anthony said? Rotation is the same across all the servers and overflows.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Missy.3854

Missy.3854

Still waiting for Fireheart Rise. Been checking from 9am (cdt) yesterday till 11pm last night. Started this morning at 8am, hopefully it will show up soon, that is the last one I need to complete 2 achievements.

Finally Fireheart Rise came up and I am finished!

(edited by Missy.3854)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

Thats brilliant… if you play at the same time every day, unfortunatly I work shifts, my hours are different every day, therefore I play at different times every day, apart from possibly 1 hour every night. I love this game, or I did before I had this achievement, which is frustrating me no end, last two days off work, been on for the start of 15-16 events both days never once seen gendarran, then look at the history

21st August
17:00 UTC (18:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – work

22nd August
00:00 UTC (01:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – sleep
09:00 UTC (10:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – work
23:00 UTC (00:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – sleep

23rd August
Wasn’t invaded – odd i thought it was once per day

24th August
04:00 UTC (05:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields -sleep
13:00 UTC (14:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – ventured out into real world after waiting from 7am – the only hour i was away from comp until bed time

25th August
03:00 UTC (04:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – sleep
07:00 UTC (08:00 UTC+1) Gendarran Fields – sleep

The problem I now have is this is frustrating me so much I dont actually want to play… I cant really start anything that will take longer than 50 minutes as I will need to stop to see what the invasion is, and I cant be bothered to do anything that takes less time, I have another day off today, my husband is away with work, nothing I need to do other than play and I have now lost the patience to do so, done my dailies, sold some stuff, now I just log on every hour, check for the map and log off. I suppose I could go without sleep as that seems to be when the last map I need comes up most often, but I may get fired from work then, so doesnt seem a good option. Just some indication of the attacks would be good, even if it just said the region…

Sorry rant over—- almost time to look ingame again… whats the bets?

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

And remind me next time I am frustrated to complain on the forums… up it came, finally

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I’m still waiting for frostgorge!!!!

I just keep seeing bloodtide and fireheart

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I’m still waiting for frostgorge!!!!

I just keep seeing bloodtide and fireheart

Same here. Frostgorge is the ONLY zone I have left to finish the 13 invasion achievement. Judging from the invasion history on the Wiki, Frostgorge invasions are HEAVILY skewed in the late night and morning hours server time. We’re a week in at this point and given the invasion history so far, I’m not exactly confident Frostgorge will pop at a time that is conducive to a NA player who works standard business hours. :-/

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

So I’m still at 11/13 and not sure I will be completing by the end of the event due to the complete randomness of the map selection.

Also, initially I found the event to be great, but the amount of grind required plus the fact that you can’t even really plan your gametime due to constantly waiting to see if the zone you are missing spawns makes this event quite frustrating. I have not seen such a lack of players in every other area of the game outside of this patch. It is really sad. If you were to do an event like this again, I would highly recommend not doing a complete randomization if so many zones are involved. I’d think people would be enjoying it more if the randomization was limited so that people knew that only a small subset of zones would be assaulted each day such as 2 to 4 zones per day that would repeat in a random rotation throughout the day. Maybe even do it by area theme like Maguuma zones one day and the Kryta zones the next.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

It seems Gendarran Fields/Timberline Falls/some Ascalon maps repeat way more often than the other maps.

Me and two rl friends decided to take shift on calling invasion map this weekend(9am-11pm), and two of us never manage to get completion(both missing Dredgehaunt Cliffs).

Now I am totally regretting helping my friend with the playhouse at the only time that map pop for me last week. ;(

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

It seems Gendarran Fields/Timberline Falls/some Ascalon maps repeat way more often than the other maps.

Me and two rl friends decided to take shift on calling invasion map this weekend(9am-11pm), and two of us never manage to get completion(both missing Dredgehaunt Cliffs).

Now I am totally regretting helping my friend with the playhouse at the only time that map pop for me last week. ;(

Dredgehaunt is the only one I’m missing too. I’m not too worried about it though, the event hasn’t even been going for a week and we still have more than a week left.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

The dev’s response assumes we’ll be grinding 24h/24h.

I’ve been working my way through the invasions as well and am missing Gendarran Fields. So far I’ve seen a LOT of Fireheart Rise, Lornar’s Pass, Frostgorge Sound, Bloodtide Coast and Iron marches pass by. The other (unmentioned) maps were active only once during my logged time.

This from someone who has done nearly up to 20-25 invasion events… /-:

Edit:
A cool feature would be that you would get an in-game announcement about when the map you still need to complete will be active. This will only trigger when your achievement is 11/13 or higher.

(edited by Threepsie.3248)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Edward Stryder.5706

Edward Stryder.5706

If this is true then there is a mathematical progression since the event only runs for 14 days<?>, and each event is scheduled to run once during a specified hour and only run once at that hour during the event schedule.

So then I need to know what has already occurred on my chosen hour in question since if I missed a day it is possible for me to miss getting the completion if I only play during the same hour every day. So it is a requirement to report at the same time every day for the duration of the event to guarantee the achievement.

Has anyone been cataloging the invasions? (Heading off to google that.) If they have been then I can derive a predictive formula, and maybe reverse engineer the code base they are using to run the invasion schedule.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Please let us know if you find a list or log of all invasions so far. I only need Mount Maelstrom now. I was on most of the daylight hours of this weekend and it never showed up. Once it does and Scarlet dies, I get 75 AP. Do want.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

In this case, a pattern would really help.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Has anyone been cataloging the invasions? (Heading off to google that.) If they have been then I can derive a predictive formula, and maybe reverse engineer the code base they are using to run the invasion schedule.

Some folks have been cataloging them on the Wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet%27s_Minions_Invade!/history

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Some folks have been cataloging them on the Wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet%27s_Minions_Invade!/history

Interesting looks like Harathi Highlands does not appear as often and that is the one I am still missing….sigh.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What time zone is UTC?

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

UTC is 1 hour behind UK time right now, or 4 hours ahead of EST.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BIG bad Bull.5690

BIG bad Bull.5690

Alas i guess most of us don’t have whole days to play, work/school/sports
I’ve been trying whenever I can but the 2 you need, hardly see them.
you need 13 hours in a row to complete the achiev, but that is when they all comes in one row, still need 5 areas including fire heart rise, and by the looks of the schedule now, and the way to small time frame, I don’t expect it to happen.

Added to that are bug and server overloads, costed me one day i happen to be home, but could not play for a several hours. this second update should last at least a month.
Given i did not have the time to complete gauntlet, that gets postponed and prob wont be able to do finish that one either.

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’ve been playing the same time every day, but i have never seen Harathi or Sparkfly yet. and this is since the release of this patch. :/// do i have to play the same time every day for 13 hours? XDD

kidding aisde, i hope everyone gets the maps they need ASAP!D and not have them bug out when completed!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

10/13 here, been doing 3 or 4 invasions every night for 7 days.

No sign of it ever reaching 13/13, seem to get the same maps all the time, and I play at the same time everyday.

Wouldn’t be so bad but it’s up to an hour every time, with the waiting between events.

“If you play at the same time every day, you will see all 13 maps by the end of the Clockwork Chaos release.”……………….. Yeah right.

Leave your PC for 10 minutes and chances are you’ll miss an area you need.

I hope they don’t do stuff like this again.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Invasion Zones

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Heimdall Vali.3125

Heimdall Vali.3125

I try but I can’t understand what I have to do to get the 13/13 achievement. I always play normally, doing all the events I can and I got 7 maps completed, winning the metaevent, and the other 6 maps are completed too but failing the metaevent.

I’m stucked at 11/13 so I don’t understand it. Please Anet, release a tracker or publish the correct way to get the achievement because playing 24h and just pray for the achievement is not fun at all…

(edited by Heimdall Vali.3125)