Logan protecting/saving the kid ...

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If I were in Logan’s shoes, I’d be kitten ed that Anise didn’t share her secret defense plan of Queen Jennah with me either, but let’s look at this logically.

Everybody knows that Logan is smitten with the Queen. If Anise had revealed to him that Jennah was actually safely hidden away while her speech was being delivered by a clone, something in his behaviour might have given away the trick. (Perhaps he’s not watching the fake Queen as diligently as he should have been, or constantly looking over to where Anise was standing because that’s where the real Jennah was.) Those are cues that could have been picked up by a particularly astute opponent, which Scarlet certainly was. Logan being left out of the loop, while unfortunate, is a necessary part of the deception because his feelings for Jennah are a risk to him spoiling the plan.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

You find Logan publicly calling out the Queen repeatedly in the middle of crisis situations to be okay? He rather repeatedly over steps his bounds. Anise is calling him out on this behavior.

Repeatedly? you mean once? For a tactically idiotic move? (you don’t hide the Queen’s whereabouts from the most important, trusted human fighter in the world who’s single handedly done more to defeat the ED’s than either of these 2. that’s pant’s-on-head reasoning)

Overstepping his bound? You mean like “the queen exploded, there are monster everywhere, I don’t know what my defensive position is or how to find the Queen if she exists at all & it’s the woman I love & I’m supposed to act normal” that “over stepping his bounds?” that’s the “petulant” question that needs to be “called out”. that’s where Anise needed to step in for the queen & ask what he’s doing about hunting Scarlet down even though it’s none of her business. (& apparently it’s ok for her to over-step her bounds under the guise of attitude) After showing she’s not to be trusted by making the Clockwork show a personal attack on him.

yeah, Logan’s the one who’s off kilter here.. kitten

Did you play the same story mode dungeons that I did? The guy is a walking emotional time bomb and it is severely impairing his judgement.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I like Logan. I don’t like you. Does that mean that I have to wish for your death now?

Trixie I’m on to your schemes.

Attachments:

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Did you play the same story mode dungeons that I did? The guy is a walking emotional time bomb and it is severely impairing his judgement.

It is true. Anise seems to be trying to make Logan realize that his emotional issues are dangerous for him AND for the Queen. Like you said, he is a walking emotional time bomb. I mean, when he the watchknight became Rytlock during the opening ceremony, he lowered his guard, he hesitated. He could have died.

I blamed Anise before. I thought she had a cruel sense of humor. But after hearing the conversation between Anise and Logan after defeating Scarlet in her playhouse, I finally understood Anise’s motives. She is trying to protect the Queen and to protect Kryta, and if Logan does not stop acting like a little boy, people will get hurt (again). This lesson she might be trying to teach Logan can save many lives in the long run, as I see it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

I too like Logan there is something to be said for being loyal!

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

It is true. Anise seems to be trying to make Logan realize that his emotional issues are dangerous for him AND for the Queen. Like you said, he is a walking emotional time bomb. I mean, when he the watchknight became Rytlock during the opening ceremony, he lowered his guard, he hesitated. He could have died.

I blamed Anise before. I thought she had a cruel sense of humor. But after hearing the conversation between Anise and Logan after defeating Scarlet in her playhouse, I finally understood Anise’s motives. She is trying to protect the Queen and to protect Kryta, and if Logan does not stop acting like a little boy, people will get hurt (again). This lesson she might be trying to teach Logan can save many lives in the long run, as I see it.

And Anise isn’t the first person to try to teach Logan this lesson. Jennah herself tried and failed. Anise just has a less…friendly way of trying to get this point across to him.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I don’t remember that Logan part. All I remember is Braham and Rox following me around.

Me either. I mostly recall Faren falling and going: YESSSSSSSSSSS! DIEEEEEEE!

I came to hate him when I took the noble human path with the first mez I rolled. Poisoned it so much I ended up deleting that toon and making a necro instead. Made every other profession before finally rolling a norn mez. Turns out most of my not liking the mez toon was Faren.

I was mui disapointe that I had to save him. I wish they gave us a “Let Him Simmer” achievement option instead.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I have learned to forgive logan…however, Zojja still kitten es me off.

NSPride <3

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Logan is voiced by Troy Baker

TROY BAKER

He’ll break you down and rebuild you twice as good!
HE"S GONNA RENOVATE YOUR *!

(Also – Joel from Last of Us, Booker from Bioshock Infinite, Male Voice 1 in Saints Row 3 and 4, etc etc etc)

Skipped in the video “I mean yea Kanji was clearly gay, clearly gay” Well…. That escalated quickly.

I tought he was talking about Logan… ;p

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I like Logan, even if his priorities are a little askew or backwards. Loyal as he is, sometimes his loyalty cripples him in the areas.

A character isn’t without it’s flaws. And his aren’t too overbearing like some and not too lacking in others. It’s believable as it has happened in alot of cases to people.

Logan’s problem is that he loves the Queen and that is his priority. However, because of such, others suffer who NEED protection. The shining blade had the Queen protected. Why didn’t Logan evac the civilians to a safer spot before they got utterly bombed? Likely because he didn’t want to stray to far from the Queen, thus numerous people died.

In numerous instances he’s been rather reckless or too caring for Jennah. If it were anyone else in power, I doubt he would be quite as ‘dedicated’. Even though he is, just a bit more towards what he’s supposed to.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Caithe > Logan > Zojja > Eir > Risen Chicken > Rytlock

Zojja>Rytlock>Eir>Salad>Coward

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Caithe > Logan > Zojja > Eir > Risen Chicken > Rytlock

Zojja>Rytlock>Eir>Salad>Coward

The Great Zehtuka over everyone else. Everyone. That’s why he’s the Great Zehtuka.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Fool! Logan’s legend dates all the way back to the twelth century, you know.

Logan is voiced by Troy Baker

TROY BAKER

He’ll break you down and rebuild you twice as good!
HE"S GONNA RENOVATE YOUR *!

(Also – Joel from Last of Us, Booker from Bioshock Infinite, Male Voice 1 in Saints Row 3 and 4, etc etc etc)

Troy Baker also voiced Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Your argument fails.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think Eir & Logan are the least offensively annoying of the mains. with Rytlock & Zojja just being totally jerks in an attempt to have “attitude”.

How did you get that in reverse?

Logan and Eir are both so extremely boring. They have no edge to them at all. They have no character what so ever. I dare you to describe any of their personalities, without referring to their class, their race, or their looks.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

I’d say Eir is tired and Logan is cardboard.

I didn’t like how they were handling Logan before but they’re doing better.

Eir has that whole quiet desperation thing going on (especially when her kid comes back). You have to read a lot into her motivations and talk to npcs that aren’t required.

I never played an asura so I don’t really know what is going on with Zojja beyond the obvious (and she has been excluded from the living story so far). And Rytlock got a lot better when they made his character less about being the anti-Logan and more about being his own character.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Kids are not allowed to die in games, otherwise it would’ve been banned in many countries.

Yep, pretty much this. Which makes it all the more lame that they included the child in the cinematic to begin with.

And what’s really annoying me is that the little brat does a happy dance when the bomb goes off too! Oh I’m sorry, is all these people dying amusing to you? Did you enjoy watching mommy and uncle Dan go boom?

This brat should be traumatised beyond repair after what has just happened.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Kids are not allowed to die in games, otherwise it would’ve been banned in many countries.

Play the original Fallout.

German and UK versions were censored

Alternatively there is a prominent death of a child in ME3 (shudder), it all comes down to presentation more than anything these days I believe. Also, if kids are not allowed to die in video games something like Binding of Isaac wouldn’t be allowed either (you do nothing but kill children in that game, if you pay any attention at all).

Edit: considering Tyria as a setting, and everything its inhabitants can do, I think Logan’s action makes sense and is a nice added touch… there is no reason to read into it.

Also., in many countries online interaction is not rated by the authorities (which means that online game content is hardly monitored) so it is unlikely that GW2 would get banned unless someone put up a civil action law suit about something they did.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Why only Aegis affect the kid and not the others?
Why is Logan’s guardian powers underpowered while Salad guy necro is overpowered?
Anise’s mesmer powers is like insane godlike. Seriously, these NPCs can’t even be classified as only 1 single profession, but multiple profession that are upgraded in stats and power.

in Clockwork Chaos

Crise.9401

Why is Logan’s guardian powers underpowered while Salad guy necro is overpowered?

You really can’t apply game mechanics in story telling… since when can Guardians blink or shadowstep f.ex. (or whatever it was Logan did during the Opening Ceremony).

The story NCP’s simply make use of existing animations and assets, it doesn’t mean they use the skill players can use (especially when we are talking cinematic land, not gameplay).

Though, on the other hand what they did with Queen Jennah during the opening ceremony was really neat too (ie. cross profession combos with Anise, but then again that was actual active combat and not a cutscene).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Trahearne is The Son, The Father, and the Holy Salad.

Oh wow lol that’s a good one.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

You really can’t apply game mechanics in story telling… since when can Guardians blink or shadowstep f.ex. (or whatever it was Logan did during the Opening Ceremony).

Guardians have teleport skills.
Also, legendary NPCs like Logan, Anise, etc. have access to more powerful skills in their professions than us. As for Liadri, she has access to mesmer, necromancer, and elementalist’s skills.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think it’s believable at this point that Logan hasn’t developed at all as a character since Edge of Destiny. He made a mistake when he abandoned his friends to run to the queen, resulting in the death of Snaff and Glint and a lost chance to end an elder dragon. We had the Personal Story of the core campaign to see him reconcile with Destiny’s Edge and work through all their issues as a team, specifically the Logan/Jennah ones yet for some reason the writers have Logan frozen in time back during the book. He hasn’t evolved or grown or learnt any lessons and it’s not believable that after all that he’s been through he would act the same.

I think Eir & Logan are the least offensively annoying of the mains. with Rytlock & Zojja just being totally jerks in an attempt to have “attitude”.

How did you get that in reverse?

Logan and Eir so extremely boring. They have no edge to them at all. They have no character what so ever. I dare you to describe any of their personalities, without referring to their class, their race, or their looks.

Logan is loyal (to the queen), he has a bromance with Rytlock, he has a saracastic sense of humour during the human personal story line, he’s heroic and he’s smitten (to the point where it’s a painful to watch). He seems to feel guilt for his decision which resulted in Snaff’s death (I don’t think he regrets it, but he seemed conflicted during CoF story mode) and his blind devotion to the Queen is a character flaw that (while it is played out) is an actual real flaw, a believable one, one that so few characters in Tyria have. The Queen, Anise, Kiel, Scarlet all seem to be written as flawless and it’s incredibly annoying and boring. I don’t like the way Logan is being written but he does a lot more for the story than the flawless heroines. My big issue now is that they’ve been using the same flaw over and over since the game began. It’s time to find a new record for him to play.

I won’t go into detail about Eir, but it always seemed like she carried the weight of the world on her shoulders and I though that came through in the book. I haven’t spent much time with her in the game, but I liked the way she took responsibility for the team, that her decisions affected their lives and she was always aware of that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Crise.9401

When , saw this, http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1kzfcz/killing_children_in_snowden_drifts/, I felt oddly compelled to post it here.

Don’t get me wrong, killing children is horrible, but really if ANet added the aegis effect for the reasons some speculate they did, I guess it was all for naught.

I guess tomorrow we will read in the news how GW2 was banned in Germany and UK, not

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Eh, Logan just needs to loosen up a bit (which is why I like Anise constantly mocking him).

Isn’t it weird his male ancestor used to keep saying that to his female ancestor?

. . . no I’m not going to drop it. Keiran was much better a Thackeray

Keiran gave up being a Ranger to throw things and shout at people, ew.

How can you say that sentence and call it a negative?

“Gave up being a X to throw things and shout at people”

Replace X with any job a person could possibly do… and you still have a person I like better than Logan. Here are a few to try:

Farmer
Brain Surgeon
Ritualist
Airplane Captain
Mortician
Itinerant Shock Trooper
King of the Known Universe
Lead Developer
Truck Driver

Or my personal favorite

Comedian

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

Can’t we just love everyone?

no. bad doggie.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Logan is easily my least favourite of Destiny’s Edge. I just find him to be insufferably over-earnest. He doesn’t seem to have much in the way of a sense of humour, or even a personality beyond ‘MUST SAVE THE QUEEN.’ It’s all Jennah, all the time.

I get that they’re supposed to be a couple in love but he comes across as clingy and possessive rather than seeing her as an equal (let alone a superior), as though he feels she will crumble and die without him there by her side and can’t take care of herself. I understand his loyalty but he needs to dial it down a notch IMO.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Eh, Logan just needs to loosen up a bit (which is why I like Anise constantly mocking him).

They’re both competing for the same girl. Think about it.

Doesn’t change Logan needing to lighten up a bit. I’m hoping that Logan eventually realizes this and introduces Caithe to Anise and we fix two members of DE in one shot. (And then we’d have both Caithe and Anise teasing Logan.)

Actually if you play the human noble story, you might get the idea she kind of fancies Logan. But yeah. It’s apparent to everybody he has it bad for the queen.

Anise is militant about her duty. Logan is also. Though to be sure, Logan has an extra chip on the table in that regard.

You do get the impression he is getting sick of being left in the dark. Logan could have been trusted with that intel, of all people.

I think what bugs him is that Jennah went along with.

Maybe Logan’s going to get tired of that mess and chill with Rytlock and DE again! :B

Somethings going to develop there at any rate.