Mandatory restart during event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mherren.7560

mherren.7560

I was in the middle of the event when there was a mandatory restart due to update being available. After I got back in game, there was no more event to do, just a red lettered message saying there is no attack on the world I was on. Will Arenanet do anything to make it up to us?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

No. You have 2 weeks to do this, and it happens every hour. Get over it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

This.

They were obviously fixing some portion of the game to improve your experience.

Get over it.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The Scarlet invasions are still in the old server instance. Gotta wait ‘til the next o’clock unfortunately.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

Improving the experience at the cost of intruding on it?

There are much better ways to release patches.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

If Anet had any sort of reliable and competent form of testing these patches before just tossing them to the wind, we wouldn’t have to deal with this kitten every two weeks. They have some of the worst QA I’ve ever seen in a AAA MMO developer.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shadowmist.9283

Shadowmist.9283

They restarted for a needless patch that doesn’t really improve the experience of most people. Read the patch notes, they’re pretty minor stuff. They really could have time it much better.

That said, it isn’t a big enough deal that they’d have to compensate us or whatever. It’s just really annoying.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

They could have updated the game 10 minutes earlier or 40 minutes later, then we would all be able to go back to the event.
Luckily, as people said already, we have plenty of time.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I don’t feel like ‘clocking in’ once per hour, every hour, for a chance to play the game.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You can easily see the fanboys anet can do no wrong posts in this thread. Sorry but a patch that really does nothiong but interfere with a timed event that they can work around—no real excuse for that lack of understanding from Anet.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

If Anet had any sort of reliable and competent form of testing these patches before just tossing them to the wind, we wouldn’t have to deal with this kitten every two weeks. They have some of the worst QA I’ve ever seen in a AAA MMO developer.

Except no matter the QA you will still have bugs regardless. There is nothing that will ever come perfect. It could be worse where there is a bug that exist but it doesn’t get fixed for an extended period of time. The fact that it gets fixed fast is a good thing. At the same time QA will never pick up everything that players in a live environment will pick up because there are people who play in very different ways and do different things. That is how some bugs are discovered. An example is glyph of elementals on Elementalist where you can apply a condition to yourself under specific conditions.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

I was there for this and we were just five minutes in. I’ll take that over an auto-restart just a few minutes from finishing. With this event there probably isn’t a good time to update unless it can be done in the 15 minutes between events and also not reset the timer.

Players like to complain about this kind of stuff. The truth is the same kind of things have happened in every game I’ve played, and, the same complaining is always there. We just have to accept it when playing online games. No time is ever perfect for everybody.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

Except no matter the QA you will still have bugs regardless. There is nothing that will ever come perfect. It could be worse where there is a bug that exist but it doesn’t get fixed for an extended period of time. The fact that it gets fixed fast is a good thing. At the same time QA will never pick up everything that players in a live environment will pick up because there are people who play in very different ways and do different things. That is how some bugs are discovered. An example is glyph of elementals on Elementalist where you can apply a condition to yourself under specific conditions.

Having bugs in a game is unavoidable. But seeing as how Anet’s testing methods are practically nonexistent, WAY to many bugs slip through to live patches. That’s the problem. SOME bugs are fine. The number with any given Anet patch borders on the absurd though.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Get over it.

Couldn’t they have waited until after the event was over?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Get over it.

Couldn’t they have waited until after the event was over?

If I was working at Arena Net, I’d push out a new patch when it’s ready rather than spending another 40 minutes at the office (this late at night).

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

They were closing up their office for the day, so they rolled out the karma revert patch before the amount they had to reimburse became too hard to calculate if it were left overnight.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

I was there for this and we were just five minutes in. I’ll take that over an auto-restart just a few minutes from finishing. With this event there probably isn’t a good time to update unless it can be done in the 15 minutes between events and also not reset the timer.

Players like to complain about this kind of stuff. The truth is the same kind of things have happened in every game I’ve played, and, the same complaining is always there. We just have to accept it when playing online games. No time is ever perfect for everybody.

The patch was very small. For me, it took less than 5 minutes to log out, install the patch and log back in. That would easily fit within the 15-minute window between events.

All they had to do was look at a clock, look at the event schedule, and plan accordingly. It’s a foolish move that’s earned some complaining.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

A lot of this could fix if they had test servers for players but they won’t because they don’t want people telling people the “secrets” of the upcoming Living World content. This is absolutely a stupid reason not to have a test server. I don’t care if I ruin the experience by beta testing the update. I just want to do everything I can to make these updates as smooth as possible. Releasing this on a community as big as GW2 without testing it with a community as least half the size is a horrible decision.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have no problems with this complaint as there could have been some attempt to force the client disconnect for patch loading during the 15 minutes an event is NOT in progress. However, asking for some sort of compensation for them patching the game and interrupting the event is absurd….it’s a single event in a long line of them for the next 14 days.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

A lot of this could fix if they had test servers for players but they won’t because they don’t want people telling people the “secrets” of the upcoming Living World content. This is absolutely a stupid reason not to have a test server. I don’t care if I ruin the experience by beta testing the update. I just want to do everything I can to make these updates as smooth as possible. Releasing this on a community as big as GW2 without testing it with a community as least half the size is a horrible decision.

That is a crap reason—someone posted the entire speech this morning hrs before the update was released(mods got rid of it pretty quick). Many can and know how to get this info regardless of not having a test server—so that excuse about content being passed on has no credibility. I get a picture of a bunch of interns with no one overseeing them or caring about paying customers making decisions that have a negative affect on people,paying customers, that play the game.