Overflowing with rage

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Every single time I log on to do this event I end up sitting on an overflow server with the words “The invasion is not active in this overflow.” bold in red on the side of my screen.

Seriously this is a problem. I’m not made up of infinite time…and if it was something where I’m just sitting there for 5 minutes, no big deal..but we are talking about hours. At one point the invasion switched to a different region before I even had a chance to get in there.

The very least you could have done is make sure the invasion IS going on in the overflow servers, because this crap is just ugly. I’ve been warming up to this game for what it is lately, and it just doesn’t bode well that I can’t even TRY to participate in the updates your company* champions around the internet. This is such shoddy implementation that I can’t even believe it made it into the live servers like this. Really..people want to do the invasions, how about making sure they actually can? Thanks.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: De Dam.2961

De Dam.2961

I’m having the same issue, I thought invasions were supposed to be running CORRECTLY on ALL overflows ?
Yet when I port to the area I get the same red message atleast 50% of the times, very annoying.
Atleast TEST the events BEFORE uploading them to the servers instead of just throwing it out there, waiting for people to report bugs that then take 2 weeks to get fixed (if they even get fixed at all because most of them never do)

Check out my Guild Wars 2 video’s, and more :)
http://www.youtube.com/dedam85

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

You might read the patch notes before complaining as this is intended. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-20-2013

• Watch the World Event UI for new invasions.
  • All overflow maps created within 10 minutes of the start of the invasion will host a concurrent version of that hour’s event.

(edited by Acerola.6407)

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

De Dam.2961

You might read the patch notes before complaining as this is intended. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-20-2013

• All overflow maps created within 10 minutes of the start of the invasion will host a concurrent version of that hour’s event.

You might read the forum posts before trying to sound smart as they explain that this is not the case very often.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

dcypher.2590

What? Get over yourself. Just because something is intended doesn’t mean it’s a good system. I stand by my original assessment – it’s very poor implementation.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

If you would show up on time, you wouldn’t have a problem. Of course, if you show up 30 minutes into a 45 minute event, you will have a problem.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

If you would show up on time, you wouldn’t have a problem. Of course, if you show up 30 minutes into a 45 minute event, you will have a problem.

The fact that you can have someone from within the event invite you and join the server means the design is faulty. So save everyone the trouble and open it, those who do invasions are either doing it for achievement or for farming, and in both cases you need to join a bit early to count.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

@dcypher.2590

If you join the map any time during the first ten minutes of every hour the overflow you’re on will always be running the event.

The only time you’ll ever join an overflow without the event is when you join after the first ten minutes of the hour.

This is to stop people waiting until 30 minutes in to the hour and then hopping on to an ongoing event, effectively creating a complete lack of participants until that time resulting in every single event failing due to freeloaders.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

@dcypher.2590

If you join the map any time during the first ten minutes of every hour the overflow you’re on will always be running the event.

The only time you’ll ever join an overflow without the event is when you join after the first ten minutes of the hour.

This is to stop people waiting until 30 minutes in to the hour and then hopping on to an ongoing event, effectively creating a complete lack of participants until that time resulting in every single event failing due to freeloaders.

This is all you need to know. Sorry you got screwed out of this event. I don’t necessarily have much play time myself, but I got everything done I wanted. Poor implementation or not, the rules are pretty clear. It’s certainly not Anet’s fault you weren’t able to be playing on the hour.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

De Dam.2961

@dcypher.2590

This is all you need to know. Sorry you got screwed out of this event. I don’t necessarily have much play time myself, but I got everything done I wanted. Poor implementation or not, the rules are pretty clear. It’s certainly not Anet’s fault you weren’t able to be playing on the hour.

Clearly this is not the case. Sorry you didn’t get the message right. I don’t necessarily have much play time myself, but I got everything done I wanted. Poor implementation or not, the rules are pretty clear, but that doesn’t mean it works, because it clearly doesn’t work as intended. It certainly IS Arenanet’s fault if I’m on time and still get in an overflow that says the event is not active in this region.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I joined invasions within the 10 minute period and got credit for every single one, except for the one time when I DC’ed in the middle of it and re-joined my party (which is bad, but a separate subject).

I have notices though that while in the beginning, the “the invasion is taking place in so-and-so” notice went down after the initial 10 minutes, in the last few days I have seen the invasions advertised WELL into the full hour – I can see how that would confuse people who then joined an overflow at, say, half past the hour, and the invasion isn’t taking place in that overflow.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

dcypher.2590

The rules of the event? That’s got to be a joke. Hopefully it isn’t true. I don’t see any rules posted in the game at all for this event…if you even say they half-measured it and just post it on the forums, then yes it is their fault. All I see in game is a message that says such and such is being attacked..so I port there..and nothings happening. If it’s too late, say it’s too late, but don’t deceive me and make me walk around confused and irritated. Post your rules on something everyone sees…like the launcher. Anyway, I’m over it..if ANet wants to hang people out to dry, then that’s just how their company operates.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

While I have not had any problem getting into the invasions myself, I do not care for the system that is in place. It is too constrictive.

Additionally, here at the end of the invasions, I still see much confusion among players about how it works. I am still trying to explain the system to people who don’t lurk around the forums and website. Some players only play the game and don’t do research to figure out what the tricks are to getting to the content.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is incorrect. It’s “If you join an overflow that has been created within the last ten minutes,” not “if you join within the first ten minutes after the hour.”

An overflow might already have been in existence for more than ten minutes when the event starts. I’ve mapped to the invasion zone at xx:01 and been put into an overflow with no invasion.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If that was true, than disconnects (and re-connects through joining your original party) would not result in people missing out on their rewards.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: derekshreds.5394

derekshreds.5394

I like how a quick disconnect and reconnect means you lose half an hour or more worth of time spent

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Even worst, I crash about 30 minutes in during the event every time event occurs in any of the Ascalon map. I will never get Invasion Canceler. No problem whatsoever in any other map.

Overflowing with rage

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Patchup.1053

Patchup.1053

There is no perfect solution to make everyone happy all the time.

One reason, I can see, for the first 10 minutes rule, is to make sure we don’t have people jumping in on the last part just for the finale reward. It is a race. The race needs lots of people for the “entire” event. Even as it is, many invasions end without getting Scarlet.

I have been in an event and crashed within one minute of killing Scarlet.
It was frustrating. But I honestly still had fun the other 44 minutes.

I feel for those that have not hit the achievement but I doubt the overflow problem is a wide spread one. I have a very large and active guild, if overflow was a problem I would have heard much more chatter about it. Nor did I see any chat in Map.