Queen Jennah WILL die....

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

It’s the only way the human will be crushed by the Charr. It was all Rytlocks master plan after all!!!!

Did you really think the treaty will work out? NEVER. The Charr has been trying to take Ebonhawke since Gwen’s time but failed everytime, now that grudge is about to be settle! And Divinity’s Reach will be the battleground for the most epic fight in GW2 history, players playing as Charr will not be able to help!!!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

But what if Logan is crowned king, and discovers Jenah was killed by Rytlock. That’d be an awesome living story for everybody.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Nah. There’s a more fun option for the Battle of Divinity’s Reach. Keep an eye out for Asura …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

If there’s one thing that certain its that Jennah will not die. If she did then the devs will have to rewrite every personal story that Jennah is part of.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Jennah will not die as reasoned above.

What can happen is she gets kidnapped, and/or one of the disposable living story characters (Kiel, Rox, Braham) get killed off.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

Anise hides the real queen Jennah.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

you PEOPLE ALL FORGET THAT EVENTS IN GW2 RELEASES ALL TAKE PLACE AFTER PERSONAL STORY SO EVEN IF THEY KILL QUEEN SHE STILL EXISTS FOR NEW CHARACTERS

^^
This. I contend that by creating this “living world” and shaping it through the “living story”, ANET has deliberately broken away from the traditional method of telling stories through expansions/etc. The new method they are pioneering with GW2 not only allows for the sort of things we are discussing, but also requires it in many ways. Im not saying that i definitely think the queen is going to die, im just saying that i feel like that sort of thing is a real possibility in the living world model.

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

you PEOPLE ALL FORGET THAT EVENTS IN GW2 RELEASES ALL TAKE PLACE AFTER PERSONAL STORY SO EVEN IF THEY KILL QUEEN SHE STILL EXISTS FOR NEW CHARACTERS

^^
This. I contend that by creating this “living world” and shaping it through the “living story”, ANET has deliberately broken away from the traditional method of telling stories through expansions/etc. The new method they are pioneering with GW2 not only allows for the sort of things we are discussing, but also requires it in many ways. Im not saying that i definitely think the queen is going to die, im just saying that i feel like that sort of thing is a real possibility in the living world model.

I disagree – the world right now is pretty neutral. They don’t spoil any personal story details and they don’t act as if you are in the past or in the future.

If we followed your reasoning then we would have the ability to completely change and cleanse Orr. But as Colin said awhile back, they do not want to do that because it interferes with the personal story.

How odd would it look for a new player to come to this pristine, lush land of Orr and then go to a personal story and see dragons and undead all over?

And how odd would it be for a new player to go to DR and see people mourning over Jennah’s death, only to see her alive and willing to fight in the human personal story at lvl 28?

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I disagree – the world right now is pretty neutral. They don’t spoil any personal story details and they don’t act as if you are in the past or in the future.

If we followed your reasoning then we would have the ability to completely change and cleanse Orr. But as Colin said awhile back, they do not want to do that because it interferes with the personal story.

How odd would it look for a new player to come to this pristine, lush land of Orr and then go to a personal story and see dragons and undead all over?

And how odd would it be for a new player to go to DR and see people mourning over Jennah’s death, only to see her alive and willing to fight in the human personal story at lvl 28?

I wouldn’t try to use logic to dissuade these people. I know from experience. I don’t know this for sure but Colin did mention that they wanted to continue with the Personal Story at some point in time. At that point, major characters from the Personal Story can be killed off.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Can we finally create a thread that will put an end to infinite argue bout “Can LS affect chars of PS or not”?

in Clockwork Chaos

BoogerSammich.7189

Can we finally create a thread that will put an end to infinite argue bout “Can LS affect chars of PS or not”?

Lol NO! Besides, if we put an end to then we will just find something else to argue about. Keeps the work day moving…

You definitely have a good point. But, if we follow the same logic then where does that leave the living story? I mean basically the burden of preserving the PS severely cripples the ability to actually creative a “living” world. At some point, if the world is indeed going to be changed then wouldn’t it almost always have to effect the PS? We can’t continue to have a large section of the world that remains static if the world is indeed going to change over time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

how many different versions of this stupid post will be made before you’re satisfied??? is it that hard to read?

in Clockwork Chaos

Katran.9186

Lol NO! Besides, if we put an end to then we will just find something else to argue about. Keeps the work day moving…

Well, that’s stupid. No one from PS can ever get a new rank, become a betrayer, die, become pregnant…
But, for example, Lord Faren while visiting Southsun was at DR for human nobles’ PS.

in Clockwork Chaos

BoogerSammich.7189

Well, that’s stupid. No one from PS can ever get a new rank, become a betrayer, die, become pregnant…
But, for example, Lord Faren while visiting Southsun was at DR for human nobles’ PS.

I see what you did there

in Clockwork Chaos

Mia Lunarfang.5826

You definitely have a good point. But, if we follow the same logic then where does that leave the living story? I mean basically the burden of preserving the PS severely cripples the ability to actually creative a “living” world. At some point, if the world is indeed going to be changed then wouldn’t it almost always have to effect the PS? We can’t continue to have a large section of the world that remains static if the world is indeed going to change over time.

that’s why they made characters specific to living story: Ellen Kiel, Roxy, Braham, Evon Nashblade, captains council members, Canach, Mia Trin, Scarlet… these people are free to evolve mature, change, and even die. Also its not just restricted to the living story cast, all zones are free to change and be impacted to such a degree that they do not destroy personal story; ie the grand pavilion, southsun, lionsarch, wayfarer foothills, dessia plateau, Generren field. No, the entirety of the world is not changing, but the people involved and places impacted are. it wouldn’t make sense for DR to explode because the karka are playing rough on southsun. So DR is not affected, but we did see massive changes on Southsun’s map.

in Clockwork Chaos

Mia Lunarfang.5826

just wait for the expansion; the personal story crew will develop.

in Clockwork Chaos

Katran.9186

just wait for the expansion; the personal story crew will develop.

I know that expansion has, eh, rights to affect PS crew (Cause that’s PS too). But expansion can be never released.

in Clockwork Chaos

Vol.5241

The Living Story can still operate without having to deal with the Personal Story. Just don’t kill off major characters or destroy environments which play a huge part in the personal story.

Go look at the gradual changes of Southsun, Lion’s Arch statue/lighthouse. Even DR right now is a good example. Those changes never were mentioned in the personal story, and as such they are neutral safe.

If they want to kill off characters, it has to be the living story characters since they are easily disposable and their deaths won’t adversely affect anything that occurs beforehand.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This would never happen. We all know Eir and the Norn would swoop down from the mountains and crush Rytlock’s plans long before he reached the Queen.

… Foolish Charr…. tsk tsk tsk…

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: lordraviinheart.3276

lordraviinheart.3276

I say it will be Professor Gixx with a Twilight in the Grove. Get at me.

Attachments:

Clietarayiin – Guild Leader of Extreme Agony
Sanctum of Rall Server

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

hey why everybody forgot about Marjory Delaqua?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I hope she does. Not for malicious reasons though. I find her character fine. I hope she dies so that Logan goes nuts and Anet puts him as a boss in a dungeon that we will obviously be able to one shot. Either that or he will run away at the end. Or, he could end up being the hardest boss fight in the game and ANet could troll us with him. It’s wins all around in my book if she dies.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

I would say… expect nothing of lasting consequence to happen. That seems to be the majority of LS so far.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

nah she won’t die, we may be made to think she died. but she won’t die. she’s too powerful just to be taken out that easily. in fact I kind of doubt we are with the real Queen Jennah most of the time she makes an appearance. She doesn’t need to be physically present she can just have an illusion of herself sent forward so a successful assassination wouldn’t really make all that much sense right now. However, it is possible that the real Queen has been kidnapped, but more likely that she will just make a major announcement that pertains to a future update which very well might be the biggest one we’ve had in the game so far. Perhaps one of those updates that have been cooking on the “back end” Colin has talked about before?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WTS Queen Jenna Ashes 2k

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

lol, even if she dies it is still boring story. She is not a major character at all, I saw her twice in human story??

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

lol, even if she dies it is still boring story. She is not a major character at all, I saw her twice in human story??

She is a major character in the entire timeline & story though. But she’s the Queen, and thus holed up in the Royal Palace being that. If she died, I dont think you understand how significant that would be. She’s responsible for a vast majority of why humanity on this side of Tyria isn’t borderline extinct, a big portion of why the Orders responded during the personal story (Whispers in particular seem to have a very strong sense of loyalty to her), she’s responsible for the Charr treaty, which is allowing humans to venture out into what was formerly Ascalon for the first time since the searing and establish settlements, and Charr to venture into Kryta and other human regions to work together. Really when you look at the big picture she appears to be one of the most significant people in the overall game world & lore right now.

Also, her role in the game just got bumped up a few notches by having two updates and living stories centered around her. I hope we see a lot more of her in the future, especially in Act 2 of the personal story whenever that comes out.