in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Queen Jennah : W…….
(loud bang)
Queen Jennah falls to the ground….

Her last word is a letter….W….

Logan : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO……

Caudecus walks coolly onto the podium and announced him King Caudecus!…

That is what is going to happen!……

Queen Jennah's Final Words....

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

“Love her as I loved her and there will be joy.”

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

(loud bang)

I sense a game coming on..!

Caudecus : F…….
(loud bang)
Caudecus falls to the ground….

His last word is a letter….F….

Logan : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…… (he has to do this every time)

Hobo-Tron floats shiftily onto the podium is announced… King-Tron!

next!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“I’ll be back!”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

Queen Jennah’s Final Word…

“Rosebud”

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Queen Jenna goes to podium to read her letter and is shot
Queen Jenna falls to the ground
Music plays in the background, "mmmm whatcha sayyyy…’
Caudecus tries to take the throne
Jenna shoots him, Caudecus falls
Music plays in the background, "mmmm whatcha sayyyy…’
Hobo tron shoots Rytlock, Logan shoots Hobo Tron
Music plays in the background, "mmmm wha…mmm…wha….mmmm whatcha sayyyy…’
Letter finally revealed that Jenna was going to run away with Anise, this was all going to be a huge break up session with Logan

This mental break in reality might have been influenced by SNL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMofJ7XPYuo

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

“I regret nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Can people please stop talking about Jenna dieing, its not gonna happen! it would ruin the personal story, remember?

in Clockwork Chaos

VOLKON.1290

Can people please stop talking about Jenna dieing, its not gonna happen! it would ruin the personal story, remember?

Logan, stop posting on an alt account, ’k?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

SirDrygan.1823

Human nature wants to see tragedy happening. Many of us want to see it but hope the same tragedy will not befall ourselves. Don’t take my word for it, look at movies, drama series, novels and many other stories. Almost all of them have one too many tragedy before the “Happily ever after…” some even don’t have “Happily ever after…”.

Now, don’t come and say that is all fiction….. true, it is fiction, but where did all the idea came from? The writers don’t just “conjure” up some tragedy without seeing or experiencing one themselves. Isn’t it?

You can say that even the newspaper/news sells when there is a tragedy. When there is a good thing? You can’t sell kittens even if you wanted too.

So, GW2 is a business. Don’t say it is otherwise, because Arenanet is not making this game based on “Charity”. If it is a “charity”, they would have make a simpler game and gave everyone Legendary(s).

So, back to the Queen Speech. Killing the Queen will make more players want to stay on to GW2, because they want to see Logan’s devastating reaction to it and also the aftermath of the Queen’s death.

Tragedy sells, peace don’t.
War sells, peace don’t.
Isn’t all these happens in real life?

You could say this is a way to get a quick buck. Look at the “Death of Superman” 1992 was so successful, that more and more superheroes were “killed” off just to get the attention…..

in Clockwork Chaos

Smoothy.1085

Human nature wants to see tragedy happening. Many of us want to see it but hope the same tragedy will not befall ourselves. Don’t take my word for it, look at movies, drama series, novels and many other stories. Almost all of them have one too many tragedy before the “Happily ever after…” some even don’t have “Happily ever after…”.

Now, don’t come and say that is all fiction….. true, it is fiction, but where did all the idea came from? The writers don’t just “conjure” up some tragedy without seeing or experiencing one themselves. Isn’t it?

You can say that even the newspaper/news sells when there is a tragedy. When there is a good thing? You can’t sell kittens even if you wanted too.

So, GW2 is a business. Don’t say it is otherwise, because Arenanet is not making this game based on “Charity”. If it is a “charity”, they would have make a simpler game and gave everyone Legendary(s).

So, back to the Queen Speech. Killing the Queen will make more players want to stay on to GW2, because they want to see Logan’s devastating reaction to it and also the aftermath of the Queen’s death.

War sells, peace don’t.

You could say this is a way to get a quick buck. Look at the “Death of Superman” 1992 was so successful, that more and more superheroes were “killed” off just to get the attention…..

Thats all true but not really what i meant, what i meant is. in the human personal storyline u interact and even in one mission defend queen Jennah, therefore she will not die. therefore they would have to remake all the missions that mention/surround her being alive.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I’d like if Jennah died. I don’t necessarily dislike Jennah, but i’d like something earth shattering to happen in the LS.

in Clockwork Chaos

VOLKON.1290

..but i’d like something earth shattering to happen …

Oh dude… be careful what you wish for.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Clockwork Chaos

SirDrygan.1823

..but i’d like something earth shattering to happen …

Oh dude… be careful what you wish for.

Too late for that… it is already happening…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

(loud bang)

I sense a game coming on..!

Caudecus : F…….
(loud bang)
Caudecus falls to the ground….

His last word is a letter….F….

Logan : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…… (he has to do this every time)

Hobo-Tron floats shiftily onto the podium is announced… King-Tron!

next!

I assume the soundtrack to all of this is Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek”.

Same joke was made 2 hours ago.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

War sells, peace don’t.

Thats all true but not really what i meant, what i meant is. in the human personal storyline u interact and even in one mission defend queen Jennah, therefore she will not die. therefore they would have to remake all the missions that mention/surround her being alive.

Zaitan is dead according to Southsun but they didn’t change the Personal Story for that.

in Clockwork Chaos

SirDrygan.1823

We have to face it, since the “defacing”, there is a higher percentage the Queen will speak her final words on the 20th of August. And it would make for some story. FOR EXAMPLE:

1. Caudecus becomes King
2. The aetherblades ARE Caudecus army.
3. Logan is dragged from DR to save his sorry kittens from getting himself killed.
4. Turns out it is a coup not the final days of humanity. Civil War…etc
5. Scarlet is actually Demmi Beetlestone!!! (The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree).
…. and so on
[insert your fantasy story here]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Queen Jenna – "My people of Divinity’s Reach… we have fought long and hard over these passing months. And while it brings me sorrow to see many familiar faces no longer with us today, it fills the void with the joy that those who remain stand victorious in the face of the threats posed to us from outside the cities walls and~

Logan – “DROP IT!”

Party Rock Anthem Starts Playing

Divinity’s Reach Gains a Strobe Effect Filter

Everyone Dances

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

(edited by Grimno.6172)

in Clockwork Chaos

Smoothy.1085

War sells, peace don’t.

Zaitan is dead according to Southsun but they didn’t change the Personal Story for that.

That’s probably a design fail because ANet stated they can’t change the status on Orr nor Zhaitan because they have to keep in mind New players and Alt characters haven’t yet killed Zhaitan and stating he’s dead everywhere would ruin the story.

Killing off Jennah would be a mistake, characters in a year from now will still defend her in story instances but in the open world she would be dead for a year and we would probably have a memorial of some kind.

Take my words, Jennah’s death…? NOT GONNA HAPPEN

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sulist.2408

Sulist.2408

I’m going to go ahead and fix this thread:

Queen: “I would thank all those that have supported the peace we have found through the strength of the treat—-”

Mysterious Stranger teleports behind the Queen. Jennah looks off to her side, aware of her presence.

Queen: “You may take my body, but not the spirit…”

Stranger: “I’ll take what I can get.” thrusts blade through and teleports away as Thackery rushes to Jennah’s side

Logan: “My Queen, no! You can’t…”

Queen: “Logan. Logan I… I….”

Logan: “Yes, my Queen?”

Queen: “Logan, I…always valued your friendship.closes eyes

Logan: “….Friendship?” :/

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Queen Jennah’s Final Word(s)…

“I should go”.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Queen: “Logan, I…always valued your friendship.closes eyes

Logan: “….Friendship?” :/

10\10

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Hevosin.9187

Hevosin.9187

YES, I love you for this post, I was gonna post this as well.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Anet should copy and paste the text blurb from when you beat the enderdragon in minecraft, just update it a little for GW2. Then a bunch of other games do the same thing, just to really mess with kid’s heads.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s possible the queen won’t make the speech in person. She’s a mesmer, she can have a clone on the podium or use a watchknight taking her form. She wouldn’t be the first leader to have a double.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

War sells, peace don’t.

That’s probably a design fail because ANet stated they can’t change the status on Orr nor Zhaitan because they have to keep in mind New players and Alt characters haven’t yet killed Zhaitan and stating he’s dead everywhere would ruin the story.

Killing off Jennah would be a mistake, characters in a year from now will still defend her in story instances but in the open world she would be dead for a year and we would probably have a memorial of some kind.

Not going to happen does not mean it can’t happen. When ArenaNet is talking about being unable to change Orr, they are specifically talking about the open world. The entire dynamic of Orr is based around a war on Zhaitan. Players working their way through Orr in both the Personal Story and the open world would find stark differences between the two if they made changes. Orr would begin to be cleansed, the undead would begin to disappear, the environment would change and the focus would shift. Zhaitan’s existence is built into Orr. That whole part of the world is about him.

The Queen isn’t relevant outside of the Personal Story. Save for a few mentions in the open world and in a dungeon, she’s not really a part of the world. Gaheron was the Imperator of the Flame Legion. Are we not allowed to have a new Flame Legion Imperator because it contradicts past events in the Story Mode version of the dungeon? Is the Flame Legion forever leaderless because the world has to be frozen in time?

The Queen won’t die this month. There is no reason why she can’t die.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

Logan is essentially the Jorah Mormont of Guild Wars 2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

5. Scarlet is actually Demmi Beetlestone!!! (The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree).

…that’s not funny…

I’m with the “they won’t really kill off such a significant character” camp. Even ignoring their attempts to keep consistency for those who haven’t yet finished the personal story, the consequences would be too far-reaching. Jennah is not only a world leader; she is also the main force keeping the humans and charr from killing each other (most of the time). Without her, the power vacuum would probably be filled by someone who opposes the truce (most likely Caudecus), and that would have to be dealt with posthaste before the resumed war between the humans and the charr leads both races to withdraw from the effort against the dragons, crippling said effort significantly — almost certainly to the point where they cannot win, and from there it’s only a matter of time until the end of the world as we know it (and I don’t think anyone would feel fine).

Suffice it to say, such an event would lead to a long, drawn-out, and inextricably human-centric plotline. And as interesting as it is to explore these kinds of possibilities, nobody really wants that to be everything for the next year and a half.

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Jennah: “Logan… -cough- -cough…..there is…. another…. Thackeray…….”

-dies-

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Jennah: Logan….i…i.. never told u……y…you are my ………..brother.

Logan: o.0

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Marry me….

…don’t tell my gf though.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

“Miss Scarlet… with a revolver… in the ballroom!”

Why you bein’ cute?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Without her, the power vacuum would probably be filled by someone who opposes the truce (most likely Caudecus), and that would have to be dealt with posthaste before the resumed war between the humans and the charr leads both races to withdraw from the effort against the dragons, crippling said effort significantly — almost certainly to the point where they cannot win, and from there it’s only a matter of time until the end of the world as we know it (and I don’t think anyone would feel fine).

I would think Wade Samuelsson of Ebonhawke would be a potential contender for the throne. He’s a duke, and he’s related to Doric’s bloodline too (the Ascalonian branch.) Since at the time of Doric the two nations were united under a single crown, Samuelsson could have a decent claim.

Whether he would want to and have the popular support to try is another matter, of course…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

OK so Queen Jenna is Scarlet. Also she’s the leader of the aetherblade pirates. Anise is her first mate / lesbian lover and together they plan to subtly rule tyria.

Anyway they catch that Sylvari pirate from the opening ceremony and she turns out to be another one of Caithe’s former lesbian lovers turned evil. Logan interrogates her and she spills the beans that the Queen is actually in charge of the aetherblade pirates.
Logan is all like “aw no WTF m8?” and he’s conflicted and goes into seclusion deciding what to do and he listens to a lot of coldplay during this time and doesn’t often leave his room.

Meanwhile the seraph are in disarray and the aetherblades infiltrate divinities reach. The watch knights are under their command and they all turn into their victim’s worst nightmares like those things in harry potter only no one knows the ridiculo spell in tyria. All hope is lost. or is it?

A group of 5 anonymous adventurers, most with names of characters from naruto and purple hair, appear to save the day. Two of them are commanders even though they’ve never set foot in WvW. They fight their way from the entrance of divinity’s reach to the throne room where they throw down with Anise.

They kill Anise and are ready to kill Jenna, the traitorous Kitten, when Logan appears. After listening to ‘clocks’ and ‘you oughta know’ for the umpteenth time and eating a quart of mint chip ice cream in dark room he is ready to face his ex-not-really-a-lover, Queen Jenna. Mustering the trace amounts of testosterone in his really effeminate body, he approaches the queen.

He kneels down.

She is unconscious.

He reaches his arm down towards her bosom.

He rips out her heart and eats it. He takes off his mask. It was Rytlock the whole time!
“kitten humans! Charr 4 life” he cries, teabagging the corpse, as divinities reach crumbles beneath the bombs of the combined forces of the Charr legions.

your post won

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

That is assuming they do not also change the personal story according to changes that come about in the Living World. Perhaps they have had a team(s) working on altering the personal stories a bit to reflect the changes that have happened to the world. This would open up a lot of possibilities and give much needed freshness to the personal story.

Having a personal story that they change according to the changes made in the Living World would be the best thing they could do.
Having a personal story that changes over time would increase gem sales of new character slot purchases to run the updated personal stories, as well as happier players if they correct the crappiness underwhelming nature of the personal story (trahaerne, zhaitan, forced group dungeon in order to finish your “personal” story, Orders pointlessness, needless mentor/friend deaths, etc).

I don’t see very many down sides to having an evolving personal story, and I see many, many positives for having one that can change over time due to changes in the Living World updates.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

OK so Queen Jenna is Scarlet. Also she’s the leader of the aetherblade pirates. Anise is her first mate / lesbian lover and together they plan to subtly rule tyria.

Anyway they catch that Sylvari pirate from the opening ceremony and she turns out to be another one of Caithe’s former lesbian lovers turned evil. Logan interrogates her and she spills the beans that the Queen is actually in charge of the aetherblade pirates.
Logan is all like “aw no WTF m8?” and he’s conflicted and goes into seclusion deciding what to do and he listens to a lot of coldplay during this time and doesn’t often leave his room.

Meanwhile the seraph are in disarray and the aetherblades infiltrate divinities reach. The watch knights are under their command and they all turn into their victim’s worst nightmares like those things in harry potter only no one knows the ridiculo spell in tyria. All hope is lost. or is it?

A group of 5 anonymous adventurers, most with names of characters from naruto and purple hair, appear to save the day. Two of them are commanders even though they’ve never set foot in WvW. They fight their way from the entrance of divinity’s reach to the throne room where they throw down with Anise.

They kill Anise and are ready to kill Jenna, the traitorous Kitten, when Logan appears. After listening to ‘clocks’ and ‘you oughta know’ for the umpteenth time and eating a quart of mint chip ice cream in dark room he is ready to face his ex-not-really-a-lover, Queen Jenna. Mustering the trace amounts of testosterone in his really effeminate body, he approaches the queen.

He kneels down.

She is unconscious.

He rips out her heart and eats it. He takes off his mask. It was Rytlock the whole time!
“kitten humans! Charr 4 life” he cries, teabagging the corpse, as divinities reach crumbles beneath the bombs of the combined forces of the Charr legions.

your post won

This is hysterical. But I gotta ask, was Hurdy’s original post deleted? It sails pretty close to the wind, but it clearly did win.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

He kneels down.

She is unconscious.

your post won

This is hysterical. But I gotta ask, was Hurdy’s original post deleted? It sails pretty close to the wind, but it clearly did win.

So much win

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

“Miss Scarlet… with a revolver… in the ballroom!”

Okay, that made me laugh out loud. Hahahaha, good one.
I have another one:

Logan rushes on to the stage of the pavilion to a collapsed Jennah, her chest covered in blood.

Logan: JENNAW!
Jennah: Miss…. I mean… Mister Thackeray… Sorry, it’s the girlish hair, it throws me off…
Logan: Jennaw, don’t try to talk…
Jennah: -Coughs up blood in Logan’s face-
Jennah: Logan… make me a promise…
Logan: Anything Jennaw, you are my Queen.
Jennah: Promise me… you’ll clean my royal latrine…
Logan: Of course Jennaw, anything for you!
Jennah: …and Logan…?
Logan: …Yes Jennaw?
Jennah: Tell Anise… tell her I love her… and that I’ll miss doing that nasty Canthan tantra stuff with her that we always did when you weren’t looking…
Logan: …Ehrm… okay….
Jennah: And Logan…?
Logan: Yes Jennaw?
Jennah: Get a haircut, you look like a…. g-….giiiirl……. -DIES-

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shala Jarias.9456

Shala Jarias.9456

Living story happens after Personal Story, the Devs had said that somewhere so in any case if it would happen the Personal Story would be untouched

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

If enough people want it it just might happen. Revenge for Evon.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Poor Logan, he has become the comic relief character of GW2, the quaggans try hard, but Logan takes first place.

Friendszoned, fast legs Logan.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I don’t think the Queen is going to die, if she dies in the future it’s one thing but right now I don’t really think it would make much sense and would take a great deal of work on the rest of the game to reflect that. Also, there’s still a lot they can do with her character so it’d be a bit of a waste.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Just like Snaff best Asura ever

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

If she’s like most political leaders, real life or fictional, I’m sure she has a double somewhere out there. Heck, she’s a Mesmer so she probably has many clones of herself.

Scarlet would be like, “Ha ha ha! You’re Queen is dead!”
But others would put on their Yao Ming face, and be like, “Dumb tree! Our queen is another castle! You just killed her stunt double!”

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .