Scarlet events ppl failing it to farm champs

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

An MMOs first aspect should be people playing together for having fun not people getting together to unsocialize even further for more loot, more gold, more better then everyone else stepping on everything else heads.

So if you get that far to remove those people I’d rather have all loot removed. Yes. It even doesn’t matters anymore if their is no gear threadmill involved aside from the skin threadmill (which can be skipped). People just want to collect those shineys if they’re given the chance to.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

This is another Ember Champion (Anchorage) situation. This has to stop. I had to litteraly run like hell/waypoint like hell to get all events done in time. I even skipped a lot of loot. Meanwhile some hardcore farmers stayed on the same events and semi-afk (they even bragged about it), farmed the champs.

In my opinion, those people do not deserve the succes chest. If it wasn’t for me, kinda sacraficing a lot of loot in the process, (and a few other commanders, but most other commanders were troll farmers, like 6 of them), we would not have made it in time.

Again, the wrong people (the lazy, fail happy, greedy, unfriendly, the list goes on…), get the most rewards. Wrong Anet. You are rewarding the wrong people in my opinion. Provoking a fail to an event, should have consequenses, and now it doesn’t. Can you please do a similar fix, like you did on the Ember champ farming. Thanks.

What I find humorous about all the complaints regarding purposefully failing events is how much it sounds like “Mom! sibling did something wrong while you weren’t looking!”

My kids don’t even do this silliness – REPORT IT AS CHEATING or don’t. Let ANet make the call.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

I just hope they nerf it soon. Heck, I hope it is only a one time example for showing of their engine changes (which it deserves). But 2 weeks is even to much for it.

Heck even Deadeye and the Pavillion Champion farm and even FZ1 Farming was better. Those people were isolated if they ’d like to farm and not like it ’s happening right now. That said it ’s not happening everywhere, surprisingly the Overflow Servers have quite a few resonable Commanders and you meet quite a few nice People – so maybe it ’s just some bigger Servers like Elona Reach involved in this kind of madness.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Everyone complaining about this complains about farmers as though they were just a few people who are “ruining everyone else’s fun”. If you want to kill the trash, kill the trash – if you mute chat, there’s not even the (admittedly) rude trash talkers to stop you.

I died like three times in a row trying to take on too many yesterday evening with two other players while a handful stood around waiting on a champ spawn (We just wanted to see if we could) – we eventually took a few of the trash out. If everyone feels so strongly, kill everything, ignore the cursing power players, and advance the event yourselves.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

There is no consequence beyond losing the two rares for failing the invasion. Two rares is nothing. You get MORE for farming champions and failing than you do skipping champions and winning.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: citizankane.5723

citizankane.5723

Just found out that if you do scarlet on the same map twice in 1 day you will only get 1 shoulder scrap upon killing her, seems like this will add to the problem of people wanting to just farm champs.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

As others have said. There is no benefit in completing the invasion. The world does not change etc. If people want to farm the champions so be it. What difference does that make to those that do not want to? How is it effecting your fun? People keep saying it will effect the TP etc. After all the guantlet farming, I have not seen much change in the TP at all.
With these events at least everyone can participate unlike raids etc.
So zerg or not zerg, your choice.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Irikol.3495

Irikol.3495

As others have said. There is no benefit in completing the invasion. The world does not change etc. If people want to farm the champions so be it. What difference does that make to those that do not want to? How is it effecting your fun?

This isn’t as true as you think it is, because many people are unable to finish the map theorems do to other people ‘choosing’ to farm rather then complete the “invasion” as one would suspect. Thus because of this.. other people can not enter scarlet’s playhouse or re-enter into the pavilion. I have been on a few maps myself where people had said to only farm champions rather then finishing the map.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Remove champs, promote veteran to silver mobs if the zerg is huge. Problem solved.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

This isn’t as true as you think it is, because many people are unable to finish the map theorems do to other people ‘choosing’ to farm rather then complete the “invasion” as one would suspect. Thus because of this.. other people can not enter scarlet’s playhouse or re-enter into the pavilion. I have been on a few maps myself where people had said to only farm champions rather then finishing the map.

The only achievement that you can’t complete by failing the event is the one for defeating Scarlet. You can complete Vorpp’s portal with nothing but failed events.
You just have to participate.

I don’t blame you for thinking otherwise. A lot of people don’t know that, and that’s why they keep fighting each other. The truth is that you only have to successfully finish one event (and run fast enough to get to defeat Scarlet) to be able to get all the achievements related to this chapter of the Living Story.

It is actually a pretty player friendly activity. I mean, the rewards for failing are not very different from the ones for succeeding, so nobody should feel like they lost 45 minutes because of the way other players want to play the game.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Remove champs, promote veteran to silver mobs if the zerg is huge, thus removing the farmers, the ones complaining about farming won’t show up either then since the maps will be dead. Problem solved.

Fixed it for you.

I still have yet to see the farming get to be SO bad the the event failed because of it. You can have 30 man groups and still succeed with the event. If it’s more than 30 (when the player limit on a map is around 50) just find another overflow. You’re obviously in the small minority there then. Quit being so selfish that you think that others should only help you progress the event the way that you want them to.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Remove champs, promote veteran to silver mobs if the zerg is huge, thus removing the farmers, the ones complaining about farming won’t show up either then since the maps will be dead. Problem solved.

Fixed it for you.

I still have yet to see the farming get to be SO bad the the event failed because of it. You can have 30 man groups and still succeed with the event. If it’s more than 30 (when the player limit on a map is around 50) just find another overflow. You’re obviously in the small minority there then. Quit being so selfish that you think that others should only help you progress the event the way that you want them to.

Yes because two groups being selfish doesn’t work so the people that actually want to succeed are not allowed to be “selfish”. That’s the farmers thing. How about all the farmers find an overflow and quit being selfish instead. Anet already stated that purposely failing or stagnating an event should not be rewarding more than completing.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Fixed it for you.

The thing is that i’m farming those events and i honestly don’t care if they fail the world event or not (and honestly, the main reason they fail is either the terrible random lag or bugged spawns more than the farming).

It doesn’t mean i can’t be objective and figure the current system is utterly broken and needs a fix.

It also doesn’t really make sense i get 0 to 2 champ bags per clockwork spawns, 0 to 1 per molten alliance spawns but i get 5-7 bags per aetherblade spawns while trying to complete it (it’s more if i don’t). I dunno, at least make them stop popping champs when the captain is alive since you can’t really cheat on the moral part of the event, it would still be 3-5 chest easy per groups.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Irikol.3495

Irikol.3495

Alright, so you can do some of the achievements, but it doesn’t address the larger problem of the games design philosophy. Zergs need to stop by design (which is obvious) but more importantly, the game needs to not be about simply farming champions. There is a larger issue at hand here then just this simple event.

(edited by Irikol.3495)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Sadly I have to side with the farmers this one time. It gets really annoying to have players constantly shouting to split up, to stop farming champions, and to go here or there to win the event. While I’m not a fan of the farming, at least the farmers keep quiet and don’t try to boss people around.

It doesn’t help that there isn’t really much of a reason to “win” the event, since all it does is give you 2 rares (once a day only), which really isn’t that much, and probably less than what you get if you farm a few extra champions. In fact, I’m thinking the reward for not “winning” the event, and just farming instead is bigger than actually “winning” the event.

What probably should happen is for the mobs to stop spawning, and any out-of-combat mobs to de-spawn, once their faction has been eliminated in the event. It’s also kinda ridiculous how much better the loot is from the Aetherblades than it is from the mechanical mobs. Mechanical mobs seem to either die really fast, which makes it hard to tag a lot of them for a good amount of loot, or there is some champion that takes ages to take down. While Aetherblades spawn in large quantities as veteran mobs, and the champions don’t tend to be as sturdy as the mechanical mobs.
One final thing that makes the mechanical mobs suck is the F to Destroy thing, which gets constantly in the way when trying to loot the area.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Fixed it for you.

Yes because two groups being selfish doesn’t work so the people that actually want to succeed are not allowed to be “selfish”. That’s the farmers thing. How about all the farmers find an overflow and quit being selfish instead. Anet already stated that purposely failing or stagnating an event should not be rewarding more than completing.

No, the farmers are helping move the bar across. Just not in the way that you want them to. They are also being rewarded for playing how they chose to play.

You think that 40 people should leave a map because 10 don’t like what’s going on… then call the 40 selfish? What is this… I don’t even…

With this new content… you get extra loot if you succeed. If you have some farmers and some non-farmers working together and you finish the event, you get more loot, some you can not get from the champ mobs (the new shoulders). I see zero conflict with what they previously stated. This could have brought the farming community and the non-farming community together. Instead all I’m seeing is QQ from the non-farmers… again. This makes me come to the conclusion that some people just don’t like farmers.

Once again I’ve only had one fail. That fail had nothing to do with farmers. If you don’t like what’s going on, change overflows and find more people like yourself… it’s more worth your time than demanding 30+ others to conform to your ways (not going to happen and you look like a selfish jerk while doing it).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

This is extremely appalling and so true, see how much attention this tread got and yet no reply from anyone from Anet…. cause they know they fuked up on this one and in all fairness proberly knew this would happen b4 the events started… Sort it out for cristes sake.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

This is extremely appalling and so true, see how much attention this tread got and yet no reply from anyone from Anet…. cause they know they fuked up on this one and in all fairness proberly knew this would happen b4 the events started… Sort it out for cristes sake.

Apparently you don’t read patch notes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

Give me the 1000g I need and I’ll stop worrying about farming. Been playing for a year and everyday the legendary costs just keep rising.

I don’t play for days on end, flip on the TP or run through dungeons. As a causal player I was actually enjoying the fact that I get see a fair amount of gold and loot in one day for once. I love the fact that I don’t have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to do a event that gives me one piece of loot and 4 pieces of trash.

If not for this event I would have left. The loot was terrible, the CP and Invasion gives everyone a fair shot at a good amount of loot and a chance to make some decent money.

You can’t blame people for farming when exotics never drop, and legendary weapons cost 1000s of gold to make. Maybe if the game has less 4 copper trash loot people wouldn’t be wanting to farming endlessly.

Really I think the best solution would be to put a gold cap on the game. Sure lots need money for their gear but lots of others just want to hoard up as much as they can. This is were I think GW1 had it right.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Give me the 1000g I need and I’ll stop worrying about farming. Been playing for a year and everyday the legendary costs just keep rising.

… Because a lot of other people are farming, and so costs will continue to increase. Adding more ways to farm won’t just give you gold, it will give gold to the players that increase the prices of Legendaries the most.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

Call whining what you want man. It’s just frustrating that me having the intention of playing the event as it’s meant to be, is countered by farmers like you Groonz. I can live with the fact their are farmers. But it’s anoying when they block the way for people who want the game to be played as it’s meant to be.

I just found out that even failing counts (somehow?) as a succes so it isn’t that bad. It’s still an issue though.

It’s not an issue, get over it.

Champion farmers want to play the game how they want to play it. You didn’t buy the game for them, so what’s the big deal?
Maybe they’ve played the game longer than you have and couldn’t care less about non endgame content, which is why they farm instead of do events for… karma.

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

just a question, you don’t need to complete the whole event to get that one “close a portal” meta achivement progress right ? you only need to succeed in one of the many events on the map right ?

unless of course you want to get that “kill scarlet during closing portal event” achievement……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK