Why announce what's in the Bday gifts?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Why would you do this? It’s not bad enough that the gift is lame (Queen Jennah.. yeah like I want to see more of her after this event) but you had to go and flat out say what EVERY character is going to get at 1 year old?

Clearly some of you working at ArenaNet worked on Guild Wars 1 and realized how much better of a system it was over there.. It was exciting to log in and see a birthday gift saying “Happy 1st (2nd, 3rd, etc.) Birthday!” and then the excitement of opening it up and seeing if you got a rare or a common mini.

Now we know what we’re going to get. And it’s not exciting at all. I was really excited to see what you guys and gals had up your sleeves for character birthdays in this game, but you have gone and disappointed a lot of people with this one.

My 12 mini Queen Jennahs will have a fun time collecting dust in my collectables tab with my 30+ Priests of Balthazar and Holographic Risen Knights. Because everyone likes account-bound minis that you have tons of.

For anyone not familiar (either players or Anet), this is how GW1 did it. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Birthday_Present

Each year a new series of minipets would become available to characters who reached that age. So if you had 10 GW1 characters, you’d get 10 chances at a new series of minipet each year.

This “Everyone gets 1 Queen Jennah mini” thing seems incredibly disappointing. Though as another user on the forums posted,

GW1 players are in the trashbin, this Arenanet, admit it, hates the fact that GW1 ever existed and raised the expectations to so high from what they are lightyears from accomplishing.

That’s why they are turning to GW2 newbies only, and see, if you give them free stuff they will be satisfied – doesn’t matter what’s that.

Hate to say it, but I agree with him.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

But it’s ok, we can try our luck with the series 2 minipets that are coming out soon. So rather than giving players a gift that contains a random minipet we can just buy them in the gem store.

Now I see what’s changed from GW1 birthdays to GW2 ones.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CorvusRex.8349

CorvusRex.8349

Stop complaining about free stuff.
If you want the free stuff, keep it.
If you don’t want the free stuff, discard it.
Simplicity itself.

Borlis Pass. Corvus Rex.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They had to put something on the release page. With so much of the next release supposedly under wraps, the page would be almost barren without the birthday present details.

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

They had to put something on the release page. With so much of the next release supposedly under wraps, the page would be almost barren without the birthday present details.

So take out the surprise and cause player rage on the forums day 1 of the announcement just because they want to keep some things a secret? Apparently 1 year birthdays aren’t important enough. Funny they seemed important in GW1.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

So take out the surprise and cause player rage on the forums day 1 of the announcement just because they want to keep some things a secret? Apparently 1 year birthdays aren’t important enough. Funny they seemed important in GW1.

Comparing GW1 to this is not going to end well. GW1 was a game that did so much right. I think many of us that are going to get these presents on the first day feel that way. Sadly I also think many of us are disappointed with the way GW2 has gone.

I remember logging into my characters and opening the presents. It was always so much fun. I don’t mind that they are all going to be the same, though I wish it was like a mini Zhaitan or something. Remember how great the mini Kuunavang looked, I was hoping for something like that. Something really epic to celebrate. Maybe we will be able to put her into the mystic forge to make something memorable.

Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t mind at all if they just dropped the whole living story for this cycle and said “hey we are turning 1, so let’s party” then just threw a freaking huge celebration event. The events from GW1 didn’t need a living story to be awesome, they were awesome because the players took what Anet made and went with it. I guess it’s just seeing the past differently, others may have experienced it differently. I just know that the feeling I got from celebrations in GW1 make this current setup feel really weak.

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Comparing GW1 to this is not going to end well. GW1 was a game that did so much right. I think many of us that are going to get these presents on the first day feel that way. Sadly I also think many of us are disappointed with the way GW2 has gone.

I remember logging into my characters and opening the presents. It was always so much fun. I don’t mind that they are all going to be the same, though I wish it was like a mini Zhaitan or something. Remember how great the mini Kuunavang looked, I was hoping for something like that. Something really epic to celebrate. Maybe we will be able to put her into the mystic forge to make something memorable.

Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t mind at all if they just dropped the whole living story for this cycle and said “hey we are turning 1, so let’s party” then just threw a freaking huge celebration event. The events from GW1 didn’t need a living story to be awesome, they were awesome because the players took what Anet made and went with it. I guess it’s just seeing the past differently, others may have experienced it differently. I just know that the feeling I got from celebrations in GW1 make this current setup feel really weak.

Except we probably won’t even get a gift. It’ll be mail from ArenaNet thanking us for turning a year old and have the crap in the mail. How exciting. And yeah I realize that GW1 set a high bar, but you know what? If they didn’t want the comparison between GW1 and GW2 they shouldn’t have called this GW2 they should have called it Steampunk Air Pirates and Mechanical Guard Robots Wars 2.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The players I see raging appear to need a time out (or a trip to the woodshed). Nobody says you can’t express your disappointment and call the freebies garbage, but “raging” and being spiteful and rude only makes you look like a spoiled 3 year old.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

The players I see raging appear to need a time out (or a trip to the woodshed). Nobody says you can’t express your disappointment and call the freebies garbage, but “raging” and being spiteful and rude only makes you look like a spoiled 3 year old.

Calm down. I’m just saying “rage” because the patch announcement has been up for how long? And we already have angry posts about it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And had they not told us about it people would have whine about ArenaNet putting stupid RNG boxes everywhere.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

And had they not told us about it people would have whine about ArenaNet putting stupid RNG boxes everywhere.

Except people liked the surprise of GW1 presents. It wasn’t RNG in the same way people talk about the RNG cash shop boxes or RNG boxes being the only way to obtain weapon skins for events.

This is a birthday present for turning 1 year old in-game. It should be a surprise. And no, that doesn’t make it an “RNG Box”.

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

Except people liked the surprise of GW1 presents. It wasn’t RNG in the same way people talk about the RNG cash shop boxes or RNG boxes being the only way to obtain weapon skins for events.

This is a birthday present for turning 1 year old in-game. It should be a surprise. And no, that doesn’t make it an “RNG Box”.

Actually there were quite a few people that really didn’t like the RNG in the GW1 boxes.
Most people got useless white minis that sold for about 1 platinum at most while the lucky ones got awesome one that sold for 100 ectos or something like that.
Not really a good system.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Actually there were quite a few people that really didn’t like the RNG in the GW1 boxes.
Most people got useless white minis that sold for about 1 platinum at most while the lucky ones got awesome one that sold for 100 ectos or something like that.
Not really a good system.

So you’d rather get the same mini on each character? That’s assuming they even give you a mini for each character. They may just say “Ok you created your account on this day? Here’s this years mini. Enjoy the one you get.”

At least in GW1 if I had 12 characters I’d be getting 12 potentially different minis – not one single mini on each character.

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

Yes, I rather have the same on several characters, and as everyone else, than being unlucky and ending up with a completely worthless one.

It is funny how people always complain about RNG in everything and when they go ahead and remove RNG they complain about that as well.
People are simply never happy.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Yes, I rather have the same on several characters, and as everyone else, than being unlucky and ending up with a completely worthless one.

It is funny how people always complain about RNG in everything and when they go ahead and remove RNG they complain about that as well.
People are simply never happy.

Oh look that argument again. Yeah because everyone is going to want 5+ minis of a person who only became relevant in the last few weeks. You’re right, my mistake.

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

Oh look that argument again. Yeah because everyone is going to want 5+ minis of a person who only became relevant in the last few weeks. You’re right, my mistake.

Queen Jennah have been “relevant” since before release of the game.

And no, not everyone want it. But not everyone want to get completely useless ones while their friend get a extremely valuable one either.

If you dislike it so much I would assume it is fully possible to delete it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Queen Jennah have been “relevant” since before release of the game.

And no, not everyone want it. But not everyone want to get completely useless ones while their friend get a extremely valuable one either.

If you dislike it so much I would assume it is fully possible to delete it.

Yep. I assume I would. And since I’d be getting 12 of the things you better believe I’m going to. But you’re missing the point again. And it’s just so typical of forum-goers to know it all and just make idiotic suggestions like “Oh if you don’t like it just delete it”. THAT. IS. NOT. THE. POINT!

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

Yep. I assume I would. And since I’d be getting 12 of the things you better believe I’m going to. But you’re missing the point again. And it’s just so typical of forum-goers to know it all and just make idiotic suggestions like “Oh if you don’t like it just delete it”. THAT. IS. NOT. THE. POINT!

So, what is the point then? The fact that you suddenly want RNG?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Stop complaining about free stuff.
If you want the free stuff, keep it.
If you don’t want the free stuff, discard it.
Simplicity itself.

It’s not about getting free stuff. Is about the way you do it. Anet is basically spiting on the face of people who supported them since day one and stick with them for an year, despite the game being a mess at release, and all the numerous screw ups that they made since then.

It’s like they have all these minipets sitting in the shelf, and instead of giving them as a gift in the literal sense, they shove them in a box and put them in the gem store.

But forget about those players. It’s obvious anet takes them for granted. What anet is doing is actually hurting them even more than they realize. All of the player who left will probably wanna come back for the birthday stuff to see what they get, but they’ll probably go: “Everybody gets the same thing? Well i see no point of really coming back for that.” With the many minipets you actually wanted to return to see what you get. They could have gotten so many people back into the game. A missed opportunity.

So anet, please stop treating your fanbase as a walking dollar signs or gw2 might not even make to its second birthday.

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep that’s exactly the point. /sarcasm.

They should really force people to go through reading comprehension tests before being allowed to post on these forums.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I found this pointless. Why complain about some free stuff? I got a free kite and even though I don’s use it, it was nice of them.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Since when is it good form to complain about a gift? What happened to gracious acceptance, and appreciation? Geez…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Since when is it good form to complain about a gift? What happened to gracious acceptance, and appreciation? Geez…

True true, but if you got multiples of the same gift from the same person it would make your eyes cross a tiny bit.

Opens a present from someone: a book. Oh thank you.
Second present same person, oh, same book. Ok thanks.
3rd present same person. Same book. Ummmm
4th present, suspicious book like shape, ummmm. Thanks?
5th present, 6th present, 7th present, 8th present………
Well gosh. Thank you.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

^ And yet that could also happen if there were a set of lets say 10 different minis. Now at least people KNOW that they will get the same in all of them.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

Astral Projections.7320

^ And yet that could also happen if there were a set of lets say 10 different minis. Now at least people KNOW that they will get the same in all of them.

Like THAT’S an improvement. Not. I would get several of the same BD presents in Guild Wars 1 sometimes. You could sell, or trade or plain give them away. This, you can’t.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Well gosh. Thank you.

If the title of the book is “Hygiene for Dummies”, they might want to tell you something. Just kidding! :P

At topic: half of the fun of getting a present is not knowing what it is. Now we know it’s Jennah (that annoying hack). And we’ll all get the same thing. Where is the fun in that?

And lordkrall, for the record, I never met a single GW1 player who disliked the present system we had. Not a single one. Not sure where you’ve got that from that people disliked the system.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Clockwork Chaos

Astral Projections.7320

Well gosh. Thank you.

If the title of the book is “Hygiene for Dummies”, they might want to tell you something. Just kidding! :P

At topic: half of the fun of getting a present is not knowing what it is. Now we know it’s Jennah (that annoying hack). And we’ll all get the same thing. Where is the fun in that?

And lordkrall, for the record, I never met a single GW1 player who disliked the present system we had. Not a single one. Not sure where you’ve got that from that people disliked the system.

It was Hygiene For Dummies!!! How did you guess? O.o.

Lol. very funny.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

The thing that makes the least sense about this to me is that minipets in GW1 were pretty much only obtainable FROM birthday presents. In GW2, minipets drop like candy and they’re all really just uninteresting, comparatively. I don’t bother using them because none of them really feel rare.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Atlas.5379

Atlas.5379

Who know’s…there may be more in the gift than what they have said already. Never know..

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Well gosh. Thank you.

Then I guess I’m the first.

“It’s been a whole year, let’s see what I got! Oh… another Destroyer mini. Where’s my Gwen?”

>>wait for a full year for a chance at something I might not have

Sure there’s the anticipation that you might get something really good… then there’s the horrible disappointment from getting the same trash you got last year.

I think the one thing I agree with was that the older you got (the more years you’ve been playing Guild Wars), the better your potential present was. If each birthday in GW2 meant every 1-year character got Jenna, every 2-year character got… let’s say Marjory… I’d be perfectly okay with that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Yep that’s exactly the point. /sarcasm.

They should really force people to go through reading comprehension tests before being allowed to post on these forums.

You were immediately hostile to this person for not agreeing with you on the RNG mini thing, now you’re just plain insulting him because he doesn’t see the problem with the minis being the same and not arbitrarily rewarding one person over another because they were lucky enough to get a rarer mini.

I think my reading comprehension is pretty good.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

“It’s been a whole year, let’s see what I got! Oh… another Destroyer mini. Where’s my Gwen?”

Sure there’s the anticipation that you might get something really good… then there’s the horrible disappointment from getting the same trash you got last year.

I think the one thing I agree with was that the older you got (the more years you’ve been playing Guild Wars), the better your potential present was. If each birthday in GW2 meant every 1-year character got Jenna, every 2-year character got… let’s say Marjory… I’d be perfectly okay with that.

And what do you do with so many Jennahs? I mean in GW1, I had I think 8 character slots, all filled and I only got the same mini on two different characters once. Well not very lucky but all the other ones were different. I wasn’t even very lucky when it came to the tier, in 6 years, with 8 characters I only got a gold one once. It was mini Rurik, I’m no fan of that guy, but I was still happy. Why? Because every mini was something special.
Now we know exactly, that everyone will have Jennah. You will have 2 days with nothing but Jennahs on the street and then they will vanish forever into the storage. Yupidoo…

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

The thing that makes the least sense about this to me is that minipets in GW1 were pretty much only obtainable FROM birthday presents. In GW2, minipets drop like candy and they’re all really just uninteresting, comparatively. I don’t bother using them because none of them really feel rare.

It doesn’t help that you can “deposit all collectibles” and just forget they’re there. But yea I never use minis anymore, sold all the ones I could and just let everything else sit in storage, none of them really catch my attention or make it worth depositing each collectible individually (admittedly this could be solved with an invis bag).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

And what do you do with so many Jennahs? I mean in GW1, I had I think 8 character slots, all filled and I only got the same mini on two different characters once. Well not very lucky but all the other ones were different. I wasn’t even very lucky when it came to the tier, in 6 years, with 8 characters I only got a gold one once. It was mini Rurik, I’m no fan of that guy, but I was still happy. Why? Because every mini was something special.
Now we know exactly, that everyone will have Jennah. You will have 2 days with nothing but Jennahs on the street and then they will vanish forever into the storage. Yupidoo…

And this will… somehow make the game worse or something? What to do with lots of Jennahs? She’ll go in my bank inventory because, like all minis that aren’t Liadri, she’ll be utterly worthless to me because I hate minis. The only reason I looked forward to GW1 birthday minis was because of Hall of Monuments progression.

Oh look, the gift is going to give me something that has no use to me and I see no reason to complain. I wonder if there’s something wrong with me?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I (and probably every single GW1 player) created all my characters on day one because I though they were going to continue that trend of gifts randomly giving miniatures that would fluctuate in the market. I use my main character most of the time (only another character is lvl 80, I have to play them a bit more), but I though it would be good to receive my 5 presents the same day.

Of course free stuff is ok but… with this system the old and fun GW1 concept is gone and it feels bad. 5 Queen Jennahs aren’t better than 1 (specially for my 4 non-human alternate characters), not to mention the already mentioned cases with so many alternate characters.

Will we be able to throw them to the Mystic Forge at least to get an Exotic Mini?

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Well gosh. Thank you.

This is what I was getting at. Seems some people just lack proper reading comprehension skills. I’m not complaining that we’re getting gifts. I’m complaining that we already know what’s in them and that it’s a complete let-down compared to years previous in GW1.

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep that’s my point. Too many people keep missing the point here.

in Clockwork Chaos

TehPwnerer.7215

I (and probably every single GW1 player) created all my characters on day one because I though they were going to continue that trend of gifts randomly giving miniatures that would fluctuate in the market. I use my main character most of the time (only another character is lvl 80, I have to play them a bit more), but I though it would be good to receive my 5 presents the same day.

Of course free stuff is ok but… with this system the old and fun GW1 concept is gone and it feels bad. 5 Queen Jennahs aren’t better than 1 (specially for my 4 non-human alternate characters), not to mention the already mentioned cases with so many alternate characters.

Will we be able to throw them to the Mystic Forge at least to get an Exotic Mini?

She probably will be an exotic mini. If not, then LOL WTH? I made my guys at 3am when the head start servers launched. At the time I was working at a place that had my working at 3am and sometimes 5am shifts. That day was a 5am shift. I didn’t even sleep the night before because I wanted to make sure that as soon as I could, I got in to make my characters.

I did this because in GW1 all of the characters at each birthday got a random mini from the birthday gifts. It was exciting, it was something I’ve been looking forward to since GW2 launched – and I made my characters with that idea in mind. To see it go this route though is very disappointing to say the least.

My guess is that she will be exotic and not be mystic forge-able.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

So much speculation in this thread. Everyone getting all bent out of shape because they assume the first birthday gift is the tradition of the second and the third and so on of birthday gifts, that the aetherblade pirates have nothing to do with the main story of the elder dragons (which if you’ve ever played GW1, especially ‘prophecies’, you would know about how notorious Anet is for crafting ‘cloud atlas’ type world lore) and how next year is gonna be like this year, blah blah blah. Just a bunch of whining about stuff they don’t even know is set in stone.

If your so kitten upset about how the birth minis are dispensed this year, then you can bet that next years will be done differently, If there’s anything Anet has proven to us is how willing they are to rework their entire game systems to help suit the players as a whole, and sure it takes a long time, as it would for any business; it’s still light-years ahead from other MMO’s, WoW included. To top it all off, NONE OF US ARE PAYING PER MONTH TO PLAY, so seriously, what is there to complain about!? I’ve already gotten my 60 dollars worth off of the game, so everything else is like me earning money.

.. sigh.. such pessimistic people.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Stop complaining about the Free stuff!!! your already lucky to get it since im not a launch player!! i’d take anything =) and dude its not that bad of a stuff, your asking for too much.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Clockwork Chaos

Astral Projections.7320

I made my characters the first day not only to get the names I wanted but for the birthday presents.

My account in Guild Wars 1 is 5 years old now and I have over 30 character slots. In all that time I never once got a green mini (equivalent of an exotic in this game). Many years I got duplicates and you know what, that was still ok. I could sell them or give them away because other people didn’t have them. And I would say, oh well, maybe next year. It was the getting the present in your inventory and unwrapping it that was fun. Now, not only do I know that it will be just one mini, it will be multiples of the same mini. Not sellable, not tradeable, not different from every other person’s mini. It’s just a letdown.

A present that is identical not only to everyone else’s and identical to one of many of your own is meh, at the very least.

It would have been better if they made this one per account when your oldest character hit its birthday. Just forget about character birthdays and made it account birthdays.

in Clockwork Chaos

lordkrall.7241

Based on this thread maybe it simply would have been best to not have presents at all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Can you imagine the rage if they brought back GW1 RNG birthday system?

Torches and pitchforks are already within arm’s reach for most players over the constant use of the system the last couple of months. If they made the something as big as a birthday gift RNG, players will be raging in masses about it. The only happy people will be the 1-5% that got the exotic. Everyone else would be spewing rage spam in LA and the forums. They would be screaming they got gypped with their cheap mini. The one that took a year to get.

I would advise people to take off their rose colored, GW1 nostalgia, glasses just this once. Because nostalgia can be a very seductive liar…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

They give you a gift. You complain.
There are plenty of mini-pets available since the release. You complain.

Imagine if you hosted a birthday party for yourself and you kittened and whined about receiving no gifts or crappy gifts?

Oh man, you’d never have anyone like you anymore!

Sure I would say nothing, but I would prefer getting nothing instead of getting crap. I’m already happy enough when the pepple I like attend; that is as much of a gift as I need. I don’t understand the must have of material gifts just for the sake of gifts.

That being said: a game is a whole different thing. Yes they don’t have to give us anything. However they did in gw1 to say thank you, that you are loyal to the game. The relationship between us and anet is extremly different from the relationship between us and our friends. It’s more on an financial basis: If the players are satisfied they are more likely to pay some money for the cash shop or expansions. With that reward you screw players of. Why saying thank you if you don’t really mean it?

@Erruk: I’m still playing GW1, I guess it’s not nostalgia when I experience things right now…

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Can you imagine the rage if they brought back GW1 RNG birthday system?

Torches and pitchforks are already within arm’s reach for most players over the constant use of the system the last couple of months. If they made the something as big as a birthday gift RNG, players will be raging in masses about it. The only happy people will be the 1-5% that got the exotic. Everyone else would be spewing rage spam in LA and the forums. They would be screaming they got gypped with their cheap mini. The one that took a year to get.

I would advise people to take off their rose colored, GW1 nostalgia, glasses just this once. Because nostalgia can be a very seductive liar…

GW1 birthday system was way way better than this. And the bithcing and moaning comes from people who feel they are entitled to everything in the game, right now.
Anticipation is or rather was a part of the birthday. And like the OP I wonder if there are any of the devs left who worked on GW1. They seem to do so much wrong it’s painfull to watch this game die.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I do agree with “Teh” and others on the point of the Guild Wars 1 system for issuing birthday presents. It was exciting to see the little box in your inventory and not know what you were going to get. White Mini? who cares? It was a gift and I could either discard it, sell it, or keep it. The point that made this fun was the fact I could sell the present itself, or open it and get one of the variety.

That was an unecessary spoiler in my opinion to tell everyone this is what you get. Ruins the excitement. Granted, it’s a free token of appreciation, but it would had been better as a suprise. Mini’s don’t hold the same rarity they did in Guild Wars 1 so Even if it was a suprise I would probably just stow it away.

Not going to talk about the GW1 vs GW2 standpoint anymore, as it’s a pointless argument between two sides.

Some will like the gift, some won’t. I would had preferred a suprise regardless.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Like it would be a surprise

Player 1"Hey i got a Jennah"
Player 2"Dude, me too"
Player 1"And you Jack, what did you get?"
Player 3"Guess what, a Jennah!

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

My 12 mini Queen Jennahs will have a fun time collecting dust in my collectables tab with my 30+ Priests of Balthazar and Holographic Risen Knights. Because everyone likes account-bound minis that you have tons of.

I really don’t care how many mini Jennahs I collect over time, as long as they take note of this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Mystic-Forge-Mini-Risen-Priest-of-Balthazar
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Risen-Priests-of-Balthazar