Why is a human storyline being forced?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

The Human storyline is forced? I guess wintersday was a forced asuran storyline, SAB too. F&F was a forced norn/charr storyline that went on for 4 months and then another month dealing with the aftermath. I suppose Sky pirates/dragon bash was a forced pirate storyline? I hope you now see how one (or more) races being more prominent in a storyline doesn’t make it forced.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Wasn’t molten alliance 4 months of char and norn story lines? and I think you can say lion arch celebration to any one race. Also you only say that cause keil won the election.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Forced….

*snicker

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Personally…. I’d like to see one with a good Sylvari and a good Mesmer (the Queen doesn’t count – half the people blame her for Logan’s failure with the dragon, splitting up Destiny’s Edge – I don’t blame her, but nonetheless, she’s to an extent debatable). I’m getting annoyed with every bad guy being a Mesmer and/or Sylvari (Canach) – and don’t say that Trahearne’s good because most people are annoyed with him for stealing their thunder.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Personally…. I’d like to see one with a good Sylvari and a good Mesmer (the Queen doesn’t count – half the people blame her for Logan’s failure with the dragon, splitting up Destiny’s Edge – I don’t blame her, but nonetheless, she’s to an extent debatable). I’m getting annoyed with every bad guy being a Mesmer and/or Sylvari (Canach) – and don’t say that Trahearne’s good because most people are annoyed with him for stealing their thunder.

If you look at aligning, Trahearne is a ‘good character’. This doesn’t change if people dislike him. (Or his accent.)

I do agree on the mesmer-thing. A lot of bad guys are mesmers. Of course it is easy to write mesmer-magic as bad-guy magic but it’s a bit one-dimensional to me.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Why though, are we being forced to care about a human Queen for a month?

The point is that everybody is basically being forced to go and care about a race that not everybody cares about or plays.

Why is this being forced on everyone?

Someday I hope this forum learns what it actually means to be forced to do something, but my expectation is low.

Right chief. You have trouble reading into things, that’s ok I get it. I used “being forced” because if I want to participate in the living story I am forced to do so in this regard. I don’t know why people like you even post on the forums if all you do is play that stupid “you aren’t FORCED to do anything” card.

If you don’t like the content, you can run some dungeons, or WvW, or kill world bosses. Simple truth is, you’re forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to. <puts on straw hat> It’s like saying I’m forced to kill the Fire Ele every hour because his timer cycled through.

As for the crafting area you mention in your OP, all cities have them. DR’s one is a few blocks away. The area you’re referring to is the VIP section. It’s there for convenience, which requires the “VIP” ticket to get in.

We post because your mentality of “don’t enjoy content but must play it for some reason” is flawed, champ.

THIS. THIS right here is why I post. You are not going to enjoy everything in a game. So stop freaking out when there is something. Wait for the next living story. In the meantime, do something else. Sure, there is some validity of complaining about content if no one is enjoying/few are enjoying. That, however, is not the case here considering how many people are partaking in the Crown Pavilion.

(edited by Sorin.4310)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

I do agree on the mesmer-thing. A lot of bad guys are mesmers. Of course it is easy to write mesmer-magic as bad-guy magic but it’s a bit one-dimensional to me.

It’s far easier to write Necromancy as evil, glad they are avoiding it for the time being.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

It’s far easier to write Necromancy as evil, glad they are avoiding it for the time being.

I agree on that. I’d be pretty bummed out if they went that way, unless it was very well written.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Threads like this are dangerous. We get too many people yelling “why are you playing favorites with XYZ race/profession/zone/etc,” and developers will start to feel obligated to contrive or rotate watered down storylines to suit everyone rather than focusing on well knit narratives.

I understand the desire for players to feel a racial or class-based connection to the story going on, but I dont want to see that desire get in the way of creative storytelling.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

How about SAB in Rata Sum a while ago?
And for Balthazar sake, this “human political figure” trying to make a peace with charrs for a kitten long period of time, THIS “human policital figure” is a part of YOUR charr history

trying to make peace with the charr

“we can make our golem take the form of our enemies!” golem turns into a charr

as a charr that was very insulting

Yeah…no.

It turned into a Flame Legion Charr.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stig.4028

Stig.4028

Good lord i hate how the human story line is being forced upon me, this whole plot line will be totally useless unless they open the borders to Cantha which has tons of story for the Char… oh wait, i dont think Cantha has ever seen a Char, or a Norn, technically the Asura could have been there due to the fissure but ehh, The Sylvari, surely they will have story there, oh wait, the majority of everything plant related was turned to stone… Alrighty forget Cantha… ELONA AWAITS US, oh, wait, same problem (minus the plants being turned to stone, because there is no foliage due to the Elon river being diverted)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Anet should encourage people to use their races cities – not ensure they all just hang around Lion’s Arch all day.

This was a big problem with GW1 as well. Every main city of the game was dead except for Lion’s Arch (in Tyria, anyway). They should want Charr to hang out in the Black Citadel – Asura to hang out in Rata sum, etc.

Like make the “mini LA” areas in each city only available to that specific race. That’d keep it “exclusive” while still being open to everybody of that race so that they have somewhere else to be other than Lion’s Arch.

Problem is players will still try to find that one “hub” where every one is.
Part of this is on the player’s actions, it isn’t just all on ANet.
Take for example daily central, aka Queensdale. I don’t see many Charr in the Plains of Ashford doing their dailies (unless Ascalonian killer is in it), usually folks just pile up there because….well ‘everyone’ is there.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

If you look at aligning, Trahearne is a ‘good character’. This doesn’t change if people dislike him. (Or his accent.)

I mainly mean that Trahearne actually hurt Sylvari rep though he was good (WHY did ArenaNet not learn from Kormir in GW1?! Hopefully they learn this time…). We need someone who will give us some positive rep. And the LS Sylvari are bad guys. And how come all good Sylvari are necromancers? Killeen, Trahearne?

But yeah, it felt like during the last 30 storylines all foes were Mesmers. As a Sylvari Mesmer main, I’m feeling a bit… villainized. It annoys me a bit.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Majority of players are humans.
Deal with it.

Actually, I think we’re all humans. Unless you’re letting your dog play.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Well, for instance, my cat enjoyed dragon ball arena since you could pawroll keyboard there and still win.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There is a huge bias towards humans in GW2.

Which is why Humans haev played a sideroll at best upto this point, right?

We had Char and Norn in the spotlight for 4 months with the Molten Alliance thing, Asura several times in various holiday/festivals aswell as the Fractals of the Mist, and a Sylvari leading the charge against Zaitan.

The biggest role any Human has played outside of personal story (for humans) is in an elections, where a Char was also equally in the spotlight.

There is no Human bias.

People say Braham and Rox were in the spotlight for four months yet the same people will complain about Flame and Frost because most of it was “fixing sign posts”. I’ve said this several times in this thread, Flame and Frost contained very little story (but the story it did have established those two characters better than anything Kiel did in her time).

Kiel (a human) is the hero of the Secret of Southsun/Last Stand at Southsun, she’s the hero at Dragonbash/Sky Pirates and she’s the heroic candidate from Bazaar of the Four Winds/Cutthroat Politics. In three months of Living Story content she was the central hero once, she worked with two other humans once (Kasmeer and Marjory) and she shared the spotlight with a charr once.

I can’t even name the random asura who were part of the “story”. Asura are treated as tools to explain any random thing that doesn’t fit into the world of Tyria. They are the GW2 version of “a wizard did it”. They aren’t characters, they are plot devices. You need a solution to a problem? Some kind of gadget that doesn’t exist yet but it would solve the problem before you? The token asura is there. They want a reason for fractals to be a thing without the necessary event to justify sudden access to the mists? An asura is there.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

We get DR content for a month. Folks complain it’s human-centric.

We get Hoelbrak and Black Citadel content for four months, no complaining it’s norn/charr centric.

This makes sense.

Majority of players are humans.
Deal with it.

Yet nobody expects…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Grawr, I’m a Charr! I want Charr content! Why don’t we have Khan-Ur yet!? Why we fight robots in pretty arena with shiny loots? Rarrr!

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MeTx.6712

MeTx.6712

Ok, so this post makes absolutly NO sense, and here’s why:

- Oct, Halloween – Multicultural
- Nov, Lost Shores – Multicultural
- Dec, Wintersday – Multicultural/Asura

- Jan+Feb+Mar, Flame and Frost – mostly Charr/Norn, but also Neutral.
- Apr, Super Adventure Box – Multicultural/Asura
- Apr, F&F final – Multicultural+Norn/Charr
- May, Southsun – Multicultural
- Jun, Dragon Bash – Multicultural
- Jun, Sky Pirates – Multicultural
- Jul, Bazaar – Multicultural
- Jul, Cutthroat Politics – Human/Charr
- Aug, Queen’s Jubilee – Human

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release

What are you actually talking about? If anyone should be complaining, it would be the Sylvari…

Ranger: My Main Man Ray

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What are you actually talking about? If anyone should be complaining, it would be the Sylvari…

Why did you call Cutthroat Politics as Human/Charr, presumably because of Kiel/Evon, yet you called the other Kiel-specific chapters multicultural?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Why did you call Cutthroat Politics as Human/Charr, presumably because of Kiel/Evon, yet you called the other Kiel-specific chapters multicultural?

. . . Canach, the Inquest researcher in the Aetherblade Retreat, Horrk, Magnus . ..

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Wasn’t Flame and Frost a Charr/Norn thing that went for 4 or so updates? If you average it out, the Humans will have had 2, Charr will have had 2 (if they split Flame and Frost with the Norn), Norn will have had 2, Asura have had 1 (the Super Adventure Box) and the Sylvari have had 0.