Work wasted after half second of disconnect

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cheerio.9256

Cheerio.9256

Like the title says. This is the 6th time this has happened to me. I have checked and it is not my internet. It stays connected. I put my PC on best performance and it runs fine. The problem is during the event I will disconnect from the servers for half a second and it kicks me back to character select. I click play as the same character and it puts me in an inactive overflow. I love this event a lot. But it is really disheartening not being able to complete it because the server cuts me off for a second.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Phlix.5738

Phlix.5738

I’ve had similar issues with crashing. Finally get a zone I need to get the 13, and I crash half way in the middle of the invasion. My partner is still in the zone, but I can’t re-join because it is full. This sucks! This is the 3 or 4 crash I’ve had in the middle of invasions. Any way to keep my spot for a short time before freeing it up in case I crashed and reconnect back in?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Cheerio.9256

Cheerio.9256

Exactly same thing has happened to me. I am trying to just complete my 2nd portal. It has happened every time now after my first portal in blazeridge. I try to rejoin my friend but the zone is full within 1 second of me leaving.

in Clockwork Chaos

Phlix.5738

I was finally able to reconnect to my home world, and then poof, another crash. There has got to be something to do to fix these crashes.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Game has crashed out to “send error report” twice for me, both times during the Scarlet battle at the end of the event. Both times it there was heavy action. That"s over 200k XP plus the rewards.

I’m loving the event, but it is a real stab in the unhappy place to have such a large chunk of time invested in an event be written off. Is it necessary to be in a group to avoid this?

I have finished the Living Story achievement, so it’s not happening to me every time..

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Disconnected to “send error report” from Frostegorge Sound last night 5 seconds before completing the invasion event successfully, very annoying.

And I have never had problems with disconnects in the past.

Seem to be wasting hours waiting for invasion events to start, the getting disconnected in the last few seconds.

Now I’m going to be all on edge during an invasion event thinking I’m going to disconnect any second, and all that time and effort will be wasted.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Have you all tried repairing the client? That worked for me, I haven’t disconnected/crashed since. Might be worth a try.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Clockwork Chaos

Phlix.5738

My crashes started with the queens jubilee, I’ve repaired numerous times and reinstalled directx to no avail. No crashes today, but 3yesterday in the middle of invasions. Up until QJ, less then 5 crashes in the past year.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Better reconnect functionality is desperately needed if Anet wants to persist with this type of event design in the future. So far I’ve been thrown out of four invasions by a random disconnect, twice once Scarlet appears.

I’ve already given up on getting any of the ‘invasions in different maps’ achievements because of this, but it would have been nice to at least get the daily today to try and make up my meta-achievement that way. NOPE. Dropped twice. My internet is fine, my signal bar is full, I’ve dropped all of my graphics settings, all to no avail. I may try again later, but trying to do this LW meta is currently much more frustrating than fun, and I don’t play for frustration.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

Better reconnect functionality is desperately needed if Anet wants to persist with this type of event design in the future. So far I’ve been thrown out of four invasions by a random disconnect, twice once Scarlet appears.

This is a HUGE issue. There needs to be a way to reconnect to your position if you crash or disconnect. A 5 minute window of leniency would suffice. Crashing minutes before the event is completed is a enormous waste of time and effort. Same thing for WvW. Nothing worse then crashing on reset night 20 minutes in, only to have to sit in queue for 2 hours because of it. A reconnect option SHOULD be available in any game such as this and you would be hard pressed to find a current MMO that currently does not have one.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grodin.5736

Grodin.5736

This needs to be done right now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

After a DC cost me 20/25 minutes of work, I decided to just do an event and then go afk while in a settlement. I think there’s a higher chance of being kicked out when I’m in the middle of a zerg, so just loitering around somewhere safe got me the rest of my zones done ^^

(edited by Ridley.3691)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Just disconnected again withing the last 7 minutes of an eveasion event, getting bored with it now.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.