Battle of Claw Island bugged???

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ulfgaard.1765

Ulfgaard.1765

I have done the Battle of Claw Island on 3 characters without issue. But today (12/7/12) I have tried 5 times and every time I get sent back to the character select screen because apparently I lost connection to the client server??

I have no problems in any other part of the game at all. Just this one story quest has suddenly become uncompletable (sp?) for some reason or other …

Has anyone else had issues trying to complete Battle for Claw Island???

I tried various graphics settings from lowest to highest, changing my resolution …

No effect. It crashes at various points in the story. The furthest I have been able to advance is the part to light the beacons.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Selrina.7549

Selrina.7549

I have been having the same issue after lighting the beacons.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Xeth.8314

Xeth.8314

Same. I get massive lag while doing that part of the quest (after beacons usually). Then eventually I get disconnected. It’s not my internet, as I can do WvW zerg vs zerg or whatever perfectly fine. I’m not lagging in any parts of the game except for this story quest.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Avicenna.4385

Avicenna.4385

I’m also having this issue. I’ve tried with a friend and solo and I get to the point where you have to go revive the soldier/captain on the beach and all skills and attacks freeze. I can still move around then about a minute later I get disconnected and sent back to the character select screen. I’ve tried to do this for the past 3 days with no change. I also haven’t had issues anywhere else in the game. I’d eventually like to continue on with my storyline. My character is a Norn thief.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ulfgaard.1765

Ulfgaard.1765

yeah this is exactly what happens to me. Things are fine, then skills freeze, I can still move but the rest of the game is frozen. then I get sent to character select screen.

It happens at various times. Once when reviving Mira, once just as I was about to light the beacons. Again at the point I was regrouping with the Commander, and again when I was trying to get to the beacons to light them …

There does not seem to be any particular place the problem occurs. It’s random.

I tried “Best Performance” graphics, reducing my screen resolution, etc. Nothing makes any difference. At some point during the Battle of Claw Island the connection to the server is lost.

in Personal Story

Posted by: supah.4259

supah.4259

Tried to complete The Battle of Claw Island five different times today; each time I DCed. I actually managed to make it to the beacons on my latest attempt. When I get the DC, my chat and everything non-instance related is fine.

in Personal Story

Posted by: PruJustin.9642

PruJustin.9642

Having the same issue and I tried 3 times… Anet pls do something…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Miyuki.4986

Miyuki.4986

I’m having the same issues can’t even really get past reviving Mira

in Personal Story

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

Same to me just now, 3 times I have tried and it lags out and disconnects.

Mighty Quin of SOR

in Personal Story

Posted by: ludmila.8541

ludmila.8541

Having this issue trying to complete it on my asura today. Good to know I’m not the only one getting kicked to the character select screen at the beacon lighting section, because my internet connection wasn’t giving me issues anywhere else!

in Personal Story

Posted by: jakeleg.5290

jakeleg.5290

Same issue for me the past 2 days.

in Personal Story

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

I completed it but I also got DCed twice. First time was talking to watch captain before trebuchet part and second time was in the beginning where you first warn Mira.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Gizmo.8921

Gizmo.8921

Ok this is annoying, I have same issue, DC mid way through 4 times now…. seriously Anet – Fix the ISSUE!!!!

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

in Personal Story

Posted by: yagerau.6438

yagerau.6438

same issue here, extremely frustrating

in Personal Story

Posted by: Starkers.1502

Starkers.1502

I did this one last night with no DC issues, but during the courtyard battle when there are something like a half-dozen skirmishes going on, it started to run a little bit slower than usual.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’ve not managed to complete it once yet, due to the disconnection issues. There’s also a lot of lag. No issues anywhere else in the game, either.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Is this fixed yet?

in Personal Story

Posted by: outlaws.6910

outlaws.6910

can this please be fixed ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Any crash logs are sent off to the server/programming team, so hopefully it’s something they can address soon. I’ve run through this story step multiple times myself in the past couple of days with no crashes/disconnects, so there doesn’t appear to be anything I can do on the content end, sorry!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cutekhaos.5489

Cutekhaos.5489

Just finished it after the build, so ty Anet or RNG

Ishtar Cute Khaos – Warrior : Trollmancer Khaos – Necro
Beastgate: GoF – Trolling you makes me happy.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

Same problem for me. My alt has run into a dead end and cannot continue because every time he tried this mission I can disconnected. My brother had this problem too.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Andrius.9351

Andrius.9351

Bugged for me also, yesterday and today, in group or solo, at exactly the same point, when needing to use the Trebuchet, one of them will not let me “use” it the other does let me “use” but then says “you cannot fire the weapon in that direction”…. regardless of which direction i aim….

Come on Anet fix please :-)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

The original post is about crashing, the trebs are another matter. If you have “Fast cast ground targeting” turned on in options, it will try to fire the trabuchet at your mouse cursor, which you might have in a bad spot. Also, many siege weapons require you to hold down the fire button to “charge” the shot, or it might try to fire too close.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

For me its bugged at telling the deputy on the beach. I can’t warn them. So is can’t progress in the story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

Same problem for me. My alt has run into a dead end and cannot continue because every time he tried this mission I can disconnected. My brother had this problem too.

I had this problem on Sunday night. There was a small update yesterday and I tried it again a couple hours after that and I was able to complete the mission. Though I don’t remember the fight in the courtyard after lighting the beacon taking so long the last time. That might be because I was fighting in the wrong place the first several minutes. Either way, no disconnects to character screen this time and I was able to finish. You might want to try again. Good luck!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Uxian.6743

Uxian.6743

I’ve just had a very similar issue, being disconnected just before going to light the beacons. It may have been a network glitch but the question remains – why is it necessary to be kicked from the instance and lose all progress on a personal story step when disconnected for just a few seconds. Surely it should be possible to give a few minutes grace period where you can log back into the same instance again.

in Personal Story

Posted by: blickquickly.4168

blickquickly.4168

I cannot use one of the two available trebuches and the one I can use, says “Cannot fire in that direction” no matter what direction I choose. WTF? Please fiX!!

Look, I cant promise I’ll try….But I’ll try to try.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mickey.8345

Mickey.8345

Had problem with trying to bring a party with me. If I brought a team with me the story wouldn’t start. If I went in alone it would run normally.

“We are the Sisters Mary. You are now safe”
Sister Mary Madness- Mesmer [VLK]
Tianu Light Feather- Ranger/HoD since beta

in Personal Story

Posted by: Quae.5431

Quae.5431

I’ve done this on other characters just fine, but tried it last night (5/9/13) and it crashed 4 times in the same exact spot, right after the risen abominations appear up by the trebs. Today when I tried it, it started lagging in the same place but i didnt get disconnected until i went to revive Deputy Whatsherface. I dont seem to be having internet connection issues other than that.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

yeah. ive tried this multiple times now and each time same thing. lag snowball until i get disconnected. no other part of the game (except for fractals) has this issue. Ive noticed since the last patch that fractals have become unplayable because of the lag. some of the people i play with have the same problems and some dont.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

For some reason, every time i try doing this I get lagged out and booted today. It is driving me insane.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in Personal Story

Posted by: aldwid.7548

aldwid.7548

Yup still having the same problem after 5 months..

in Personal Story

Posted by: KurisuMaroi.2419

KurisuMaroi.2419

I have just tried it three times today and have crashed to the character screen…I can’t stay connected long enough to finish it and when luck should have it and i actually progress it is with MASSIVE lag and I end up being killed by undead

There are clearly connection issues and I’m surprised it hasn’t been fixed after 5 months even though a dev has replied in the forums

in Personal Story

Posted by: carLowXVIII.8075

carLowXVIII.8075

I am having a similar issue to this… I can play so fine outside the world but whenever I try to do this quest it seems that I am always having this HEAVY PING LAG not sure if its PING though… but it delays all information (damage, animation, etc.) and it kicks me out to the player selection screen…

PLEASE PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!

in Personal Story

Posted by: cmattos.5106

cmattos.5106

Just to add…had this same issue 3-4 days ago…..6 tries in those two days all resulted in being disconnected. Other things I did in-game, both before and after attempting this personal story step, worked just fine without connection issues. I tried it again the next day and completed it without a problem. There is definitely still an issue with this particular personal story mission and I feel fortunate that I was able to complete it the one time I needed to.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Uxinn.5018

Uxinn.5018

My issue is different, I arrive at Claw Island nothing is triggered and all enemy NPC’s are invulnerable since the light house mission doesn’t get triggered.
Done this many times before on other characters as well….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I had this problem – disconnected on this story step – and fixed it by adding -repair to my GW2 shortcut.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Uxinn.5018

Uxinn.5018

Confirmed, that worked for me. Thanks for the heads up.