in Personal Story

Posted by: Galpen.1345

Galpen.1345

This is great news, thanks

End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Noj.8235

Noj.8235

So for those of us who have already vendored these items etc. how will we be reimbursed? I will gladly return the few silver I got off these items at the chance of even one lvl 80 yellow!

Noj Mallum
Fort Aspenwood (Server)
www.shenanigansonline.com

in Personal Story

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

I’m assuming you will be mailed new bags, however, this is JUST AN ASSUMPTION. That would be the easiest way I see doing it. Finding the people who have completed the certain part of the chain (via coding) and mailing said Charater the fixed loot bags.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in Personal Story

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Thx for the respons Jeffrey. You need to make such statements about the current stat of bugs etc. more offen.

Blub.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kristov.6724

Kristov.6724

I’m glad this is being fixed because the situation is actually quite hilarious now… I just hated to laugh too much until I knew the folks who got the broken rewards weren’t going to get left out.

I have this mental image of peoples facial expressions vacillating between shock and rage after listening to Trehearne ramble on for a few days and then getting a fanny pack full of level 14 blues.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Grey.7862

Grey.7862

After a very intriguing storyline, I was very disappointed with the final fight and reward. I received blues from level 20 to 60. The dragon fight should be on the ground and using your skills. It would also be nice if the reward was from your faction, like armor or a weapon.

in Personal Story

Posted by: FlamingBirdy.3164

FlamingBirdy.3164

Getting low-level blues from the Loot Bags was pretty disappointing, but button-mashing 2 while fighting Zhaitan was as well.

Also, used my two Tomes of Influence afterward (400+1000) on my newly-created guild and they didn’t show up. Nor can I edit anything (including my own privileges) in said guild. Very disappointing

in Personal Story

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Woohoo. Hopefully those of us who opened the bags already will indeed get them reset…because opening them and finding level 20-42 BLUES is just depressing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sounds good Jeff, thanks.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Personal Story

Posted by: fox.2935

fox.2935

I am sure this has been said 100 times, but as much as I want this fixed, I also grieve that I did not properly research the bags before opening them, therefor when it is patched I will have the fine pleasure of still having my level 20-30 gear until i finish a new character’s personal story. ;(

in Personal Story

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

I was totally expecting to get a token that you trade with someone for a Zhaitan based weapon.

I got 5 parcels which I opened and they were all blue items aimed at levels 20-30.

I assumed this was a bug because there’s no way you guys would deliberately do something askitten as that.

in Personal Story

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i would like to get maybe 2 gold back, so i can put it towards my cultural armor .

i had no idea that was Zaitan at the end, actually. the party i got was a good one, and i think them for their patience with me through the end. i saw no credits roll, and thought “where’s the rest?” it seemed anti-climactic.

the 5 things i got were 4 lv 30 blues, 3 silver, and a yellow item (cabalist hood, but named something else.)

i did not finish my personal story, and fought my way to Arah in Orr, and joined a random PUG.

i asked my party members about it, thinking i would get some kind of trade-able, one time use thing like in Guild Wars (Deldrimor Key, book of secrets, jade amulet, etc) but we received no such thing.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

Beat the game, got the same junk everyone else did, all blues of inappropriate lvl.

/sigh

I really don’t understand why this isn’t a sticky at the top of the page.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

Yay! Thank you for an official response…I am a much happier gamer now!

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in Personal Story

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

Yayifications. This is excellent news.
Thanks for the official response!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Are these for Arah story mode or for the last mission in Personal Story?

I finished the Arah Story mode dungeon and only got blues and 1 green from chests and the funniest thing ever I got a “gold bag” so I oponened excitedly …. and got 4c.

Not sure what bags is everyone talking about.

Haven’t finished PS though.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Personal Story

Posted by: ahmajo.3159

ahmajo.3159

Dang, I wished I’ve read this before I completed the story dungeon.. All I got was 3 blues and 2 greens. i feel cheated lol. but i know anet will fix it sooner or later, that’s cool.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

Are these for Arah story mode or for the last mission in Personal Story?

I finished the Arah Story mode dungeon and only got blues and 1 green from chests and the funniest thing ever I got a “gold bag” so I oponened excitedly …. and got 4c.

Not sure what bags is everyone talking about.

Haven’t finished PS though.

It’s from the personal story.

~Lone Shadow~

in Personal Story

Posted by: tribeca.3729

tribeca.3729

I just got done with mine and I got 5 items with a level range of 24-26 all blue. Oh and some siege stuff…

in Personal Story

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

Thank you Jeffrey Vaughn for the info, yea i did not know about this until a friend just told me a min ago after i said if finished it im looking forward to to 5 new exotic loot boxes in my bag
Yea i kind of was O_o on the siege stuff to :P but i really hope they fix and give us the boxes soon as the longer it goes the more obsolit the rewards gets … i actually finished the quests coz it was giving nice rewards up for the quest leve… untill the end… ( only reward idident like was the ORB, Repair kit, and bag of boost)

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in Personal Story

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Confirmed that the loot bag is still not fixed. Got some lvl 18 blues.

in Personal Story

Posted by: scorched.1347

scorched.1347

:( I just opened up all of mine and got crap aswell. Wtf is this? I really hope we get reimbursed.

#swag

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cold.4612

Cold.4612

Any news about that? I have the 5 loot bag in my inventory and didnt open , what i have to do? Wait for the fix or open it?

in Personal Story

Posted by: QBIONATER.6734

QBIONATER.6734

I got junk from my drops too and I got worried thinking I was going to miss out. Glad I stumbled upon this topic, hopefully it gets fixed soon!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Shaggy.7956

Shaggy.7956

Great that they will fix this! I opened my bags in good faith (after all, who wouldn’t when it is EXOTIC bags) and got 2lvl 26gear, a green item and 2lvl60 gear. Felt utterly disappointed but checked here and felt that a little hope has awoken inside me!

in Personal Story

Posted by: scorched.1347

scorched.1347

Any news about that? I have the 5 loot bag in my inventory and didnt open , what i have to do? Wait for the fix or open it?

I would wait if I where you because anet will most likely not give us our items back because that’s how they usually roll with this kind of crap. It’s really sad honestly I did the whole campaign and got a couple silver… what a joke

#swag

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

11 Days and still no progress on the trash bag reward! But no matter; Players on Gunners can’t even get to Zhaitan to complete the story.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Joker.6158

Joker.6158

Is this not fixed yet?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Solinox.6251

Solinox.6251

I realize its been addressed that this issue will get fixed… how is it not somewhat of a priority at this point? More and more players are hitting the 80 mark on thier first characters and the dissappointed masses will only grow.

I was lucky and stumbled upon this before finishing mine. But I hope its somewhere near the top of the ‘to-do list’

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

The 9/24 update has:

“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

in Personal Story

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

I remember how in GW1 if you beat a campaign you could get a weapon that had perfect stats for a weapon and a unique skin, equivalent to a level 80 exotic with a skin you cant farm or buy. I guess those days are gone. I kill Zhaitan, elder dragon, and get 78+ blues and greens.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Ends chest, champions, etc
They dont give anything that killing a normal mob would not.
We that have opened the Gifts, we will receive them again right?
With 3 hours we can farm an Exotic Gear with perfect stats, so why botter to finish Zhaitan if i will get:

WoW 78+ Green!!! i better farm Risen at Cursed Shore. GW1 was way too much better on rewards. If i completed a Dungeon or a Campaign i was sure it would be worthy the time i spent on it. Atm here i can get some copper(selling green) at end game. WOW!!!!!!

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ashlotte.3719

Ashlotte.3719

Yea…No disrespect to Anet, but getting some generic gear no matter what the level for completing the story and defeating the big bad isn’t exactly a good feeling.

Reminds me of when you finished the final big story planet in SWTOR and all you got was some crummy generic items for saving the planet…Just leaves a sour taste in your mouth you know? (Not that the final “fight” didn’t do that already…).

in Personal Story

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I remember how in GW1 if you beat a campaign you could get a weapon that had perfect stats for a weapon and a unique skin, equivalent to a level 80 exotic with a skin you cant farm or buy. I guess those days are gone. I kill Zhaitan, elder dragon, and get 78+ blues and greens.

Yeah I really liked that in GW1. I could go for a “Tooth of Zhaitan” dagger upon completion…

in Personal Story

Posted by: inkjay.5723

inkjay.5723

A whole chance of lvl 78+ green gear for killing an Elder Dragon? Oh, ANET you shouldn’t have. Such generosity.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Luin.6128

Luin.6128

Seems odd you complete the story and all you get is some randomly generated item. why not a unique item you ONLY get from finishing the story?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Manatee Nymph.8261

Manatee Nymph.8261

The 9/24 update has:

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

Just a head-up:
I kept my unopened loot bags because of the bug, and decided to open them after reading this post:
Unfortunately it seems pre-existing bags was not affected by the change as I received 4x sub 40 blues and a 78 green.

Can’t wait for the “retroactive” reward though.

nem·e·sis
/?nem?sis/
The inescapable or implacable agent of someone’s or something’s downfall.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

@Jeffrey Vaughn
For the peolpe that already completed that step, when we can expect the updated loot bags to be available for us and how we can obtain them i.e. they will be send via mail or?

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

I should make a shirt with “I killed Zhaitan, elder dragon, and only got 78+ blues and greens.” yeah we play it not only for rewards but at the end of a campaign or expansion or personal story it should be something special at least one exotic or something. It really leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Morvagor.5916

Morvagor.5916

I finished the personal story yesterday and the loot was mostly crap.
Do we get another (better) bag or how do you want to give us the updated loot?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Luterin.9876

Luterin.9876

The 9/24 update has:

Is there an option to let us keep the empty EXOTIC bags and use them as BAGS instead of getting some crappy levle 78 green loot that we don’t want or need?!?!

Even completing lvl 60+ zone exploring gives you exotics, so you seem to be willing to hand them out easilly, so why not give us something worthwhile for COMPLETING the personal storyline?!?!?

I felt ripped off when I opened the bags the first time, and this sollution makes me feel ripped off another time. Sad when a game does that to you.

Atleast give us an Exotic back item, atleast that would make sense since storyline is where we’ve gotten the back items from earlier, but preferebly some really cool looking items aswell, perhaps weapons or headgear.

Oh, and what about a TITLE?!?! I repeatedly said that I could call myself different things during the end of the personal storyline, but still, no real titles from it.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

It does worse than leave a sour taste in the mouth, it’s downright insulting and a ripoff at that. People go through all that for a chance at greens? Come on Anet, you GOT to do better. At what point in development of this game did you decide that the way end of campaign rewards worked in GW1 was too good for the players?

Why would you put greens in exotic colored bags anyway? It’s like you’re laughing in our faces when you do stuff like that. I’m not feeling this change, it is just barely better than it was to start, barely.

Also, you need to make it a priority for the people who already received their disappointment from opening those bags to be properly rewarded somehow. Do what you gotta do.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Blaine.1263

Blaine.1263

The 9/24 update has:

Just a head-up:
I kept my unopened loot bags because of the bug, and decided to open them after reading this post:
Unfortunately it seems pre-existing bags was not affected by the change as I received 4x sub 40 blues and a 78 green.

Can’t wait for the “retroactive” reward though.

The update hasn’t happened yet, it happens in 15 hours 20 minutes from this post.

Blaine – Warrior – Greatsword & Longbow
Sir Byren – Guardian – Mace/Shield & Scepter/Focus
Zaldoras – Necromancer – Staff & Scepter/Dagger

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sinister Syx.9451

Sinister Syx.9451

Lvl 78+ green’s are you kidding me are you all smoking reefer or something first off this is the final boss that deserve’s lvl 80 yellow’s an orange loot giving people crap loot is a waist everyone’s time an effort.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Morvagor.5916

Morvagor.5916

I wish i had lvl78+ items in this bag. I got a blue lvl80 dagger and the rest was crap stuff like a lvl19 shoulder part.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kenral.9317

Kenral.9317

Kinda wish we could ‘pick’ a level 80 exotic chest on completion…..that seems odd to only get blues and green to me.

in Personal Story

Posted by: DemonATX.5214

DemonATX.5214

So I’ve already cleared the story on 2 characters, opened the bags and sold the junk to the merchant. Where does this fix leave me?

in Personal Story

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Level 78 greens are useless. At the least the rewards should be L80 golds.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Wow, lack of details, awesome….

I finished the story a week ago, got a bunch of blues and sold them to the merchant. Am I going to have to replay one of the most anti-climactic missions in a video game ever to get my new and ‘improved’ loot?

Love the game as a whole, but Anet really dropped the ball on this one. After playing through the story once there really seems no point in ever fully finishing the story again to be disappointed at shooting a dragon that is just sitting there watching you kill it and then receive nothing of worth.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Personal Story

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Shouldn’t the rewards for the final mission ALWAYS be at least a single perfect, exotic weapon with a unique skin? Improving it to “at least Level 78+” is just another slap in the face. Where did the Guild Wars 1 design team go to? Were they fired? Did they play too much WoW and suddenly lose all bearing on reality and forget that Guild Wars is supposed to be a game about the player creating depth through a rich combat system while forgoing grind through accomplishments?

Seriously, guys. Get it together. You should get at least one level 80 exotic for completing the whole game. There is no excuse for this. You should be ashamed of yourselves. The people from other MMOs may accept that, but for GW1 players, that’s a huge step backwards, especially coming from a company purporting to attempt to kill off these old genre conventions.