End Story Loot. (spoilers)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

Curious if there’s an ETA on the retroactive tokens yet?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

I’ve just killed Zaithan. From my Box of Loot i got 3 green items. Nothing more.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Enas.3795

Enas.3795

Sadly, I wholeheartedly agree with my predecessors. Random green loot at the end of the personal story is a letdown. I was hoping for an exotic lvl 80 weapon of choice with an appropriate skin (yeah… 3 years GW 1 ;-) ).

Hope you add this later on, even better retroactively :-)

Best regards
Enas

in Personal Story

Posted by: scorched.1347

scorched.1347

I’m going to go crazy if this is not even fixed this month!@!!!! There is no way that they are spending any time on this fix!

#swag

in Personal Story

Posted by: gamma.5382

gamma.5382

There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story. (We agree that three green items isn’t cool enough.) I wouldn’t expect to see the new rewards and retro fix until the 10/28 update, though, because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

This is appreciated! It does not exacly wipe the bad taste i had in my mouth yesterday. How could I be forewarned not to do the end story quest without spoiling it? Shall I tell my friends, which still have to go through it, and tell them to wait? I am inclined to ask them to wait, that’s what I would like to be told.

But it is not just the loot issue…

So, I did actually complete the final quest and I got 3 lvl 80 greens which I promptly sold for a grand total of about 4 silver. That plus the rare (unusable) 80 item I got for killing Zaitan and the rewards for the rest of the dungeon netted me about 6 silver.

Now, I got lucky with my group who were all good players and we had NO deaths in the main dungeon. Up until the stupid, ill thought add and badly broken zergfest which is the last section…on the airship, you know, the stupid one with the stupid camera angles. At which point we all died many, many times in circles that cover the entire platform you are standing on and are unavoidable, racking up repair bills of over 20 silver. This is the most annoying, boring and pointless climax to any story in any video game I have ever played.

Disappointed.

Jesus, that camera is already too “tight” and “claustrofobic” enough, the end quest just ups it a notch by cornering itself in the most unorthodox and unconfortable places it forces your eyes to lay themselves.

Not to mention that in the previous quest against the Eye of Zeithan (where Trahearne ends his Wyld Hunt) you’re shown that the camera can indeed zoom out to suitable degrees (apparently due to the Eye’s size – which is a fraction of Zaithan himself).

I am incredibily disapointed. Specially since i find this game so great technically but also art wise and gameplay wise.

It just seems stubborness to force the audience to “enjoy” one’s character close up while in the same stroke “cropping” his main opponents out of viewable FOV.

Get this sorted out please!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

I just finished Victory or Death in Story for the first time and all I received was an Orrian Reward Helm and 26 silver… No sign of the loot bags or other items from the wiki

EDIT: I missed the final part of the quest… it didn’t immediately show up for some reason. Got the standard loot which ended up being 3 level 80 greens… better than nothing I guess :/

(edited by Slacker.2679)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Fireline.6093

Fireline.6093

I just finished the storyline today and I suppose I was expecting more reward for finishing.
Got 3 green lvl 80s that I’ll vendor and 1 set of pvp blueprints I’ll probably toss.
I found the Pact vendor that was selling a sweet rare skin staff, but I was never given a token for completion so I couldn’t buy anything.

I guess as mentioned by Enas above this is what I expected.

“Sadly, I wholeheartedly agree with my predecessors. Random green loot at the end of the personal story is a letdown. I was hoping for an exotic lvl 80 weapon of choice with an appropriate skin.
Hope you add this later on, even better retroactively :-)”

Lvl 80 Norn Reaper

in Personal Story

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I just recently beat the story myself, and have been seeing the sights in the endgame zone, talking to everyone with a name, standard practice for endgame for me. And when I came to that merchant, I was stymied – what is it he’s asking for, that I need to get these weapons? I figured, maybe if I advanced the endgame by talking to Trahearne, and so I did, and got my rewards, and… nothing matching that icon.

So I check that NPC on wiki, and got linked to this thread, and read it from the linked post by Jeff to the end of the thread, and while it DOES answer most of my questions, one remains:

Once I get this token, will I have a way back into this instance, or at least to speak to Pact Requisitioner Hargrove somewhere, to turn it in? Or am I to do Arah story mode once again to claim my prize?

in Personal Story

Posted by: FrumpyB.9026

FrumpyB.9026

So, Zhaitan just kind of pole dances and you spam 2 for 15 minutes. And my end quest reward was the choice of a siege blueprint plus 3 loot bags with lvl 74 blues. I really hope explore mode makes up for it. The bosses earlier on in the game had more interactivity.

in Personal Story

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

zhaitan has to be one of the most underwhelming bosses i’ve ever had the disgrace of fighting in any game, ever. a real shame, because i thought the rest of the dungeon did an excellent job at being fun and challenging while building up the fight.

i actually expected zhaitan’s fight to play out similar to the fights against his champions earlier in the dungeon, alternating between cannons and minions, trying to coordinate the two. that would’ve been a good enough fight.

seriously, did anyone at ANet play through him and think “this is fun”? i find it hard to believe that, and i really hope they put more effort next time on the climax of the story, the culmination of hundreds of hours of playing, rather than leaving it an afterthought and turning it into a watered down, ten minutes long quick time event.

i really, really, really hope ANet listens to all the complains and redesigns the fight. make it similar to the champions, but tougher, and maybe add that megalaser thing as a secondary objective that you have to keep secure to weaken him (at which point he’ll grasp on the ship, throwing it off balance, and providing a moment of opportunity for extra damage). i don’t know, i’m just throwing out ideas. anything would be better.

the fight was so boring the rest of the party just laid down and slept, since apparently only one of the cannons was actually hitting (not like there’s any way of knowing, since you can’t even aim properly at him). tried setting 2 to loop, but the game didn’t consider me in-combat, or targetting anything, so i had to mash manually.

/rant

Attachments:

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Personal Story

BrunoBRS.5178

as for the rewards, i got 3 lv80 greens i couldn’t even use (not that i would, since all my gear is either yellow or orange). i also didn’t get my token, despite having done it today, so no pact weapon for me.

which reminds me, a rare? really? most people will just shove it straight into the mystic forge. ANet, there’s no harm in giving your players a single, soulbound on aquire exotic weapon after beating the entire story of the game.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

What a complete and utter waste of time. Why even give a loot reward it sucked so bad. Total garbage.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Everyone should know by now that Traeherne got the exotic weapon since you are just his lackey. He then decided that since you have “helped him” defeat Zhaitan that you should be given a rare weapon for your assistance.

Just be thankful he even gave you a bit of credit for your assistance to him in his storyline. He was willing to carry you through the rest of his personal story.

in Personal Story

Posted by: solektrall.4028

solektrall.4028

i dont even recall getting anything when i completed the story lol

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

3 level 80 greens…. is this the “new reward” or have they not fixed it yet? If they haven’t, they better soon. If this is the new reward…. I’m done.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Personal Story

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

3 level 80 greens, 1 heavy armour leggings, 1 light leggings and top.. And I’m an engineer.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I was hoping for an exotic lvl 80 weapon of choice with an appropriate skin (yeah… 3 years GW 1 ;-) ).

Yeah… The rewards we’re getting now are pretty lame when compared with GW1 end-story rewards.

I think everyone was expecting at least one exotic, and it would be great to choose between several different weapons like in GW1. It would give an extra incentive (at least for me) to get more characters to 80 and get the different weapons.

I don’t understand the awful end-loot we’re getting, and I really don’t understand why they dropped the end-story reward system from GW1. I thought it was great… O_o

(edited by Amon.5042)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Wait a minute…

So for your personal storyline, you have to group up and do a 5-man dungeon? Why is this not stated anywhere? All I can see in my log is ‘Kill Zhaitan’ with no references at all of it requiring 4 other people.

I know the personal story is more single player. But in the end, you have to face the inevitable fact you are playing a MMO, and in conclusion , you will need to connect your end story with others.

More single player? How about totally single player seeing as that’s what it is. At no point in all 80 levels of the story was I required to group up with anyone else or forced into a dungeon. Now at the very end in order to get my “Personal Story” rewards I am forced to group up and do a dungeon. No Thanks.

I have a post on that here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Last-Personal-Mission-Arah-Story-Mode/

in Personal Story

BrunoBRS.5178

^ i think the biggest sin is not that you have to group up, but that there’s a 1 in 5 chance that you’re not the one taking part in the cutscenes, that you aren’t the hero of your own story anymore, some random guy is.

i had a topic on it, with suggestions on how to fix it, but it got surprisingly little support (in numbers of posts, not necessarily people disagreeing with it), for something so many players complained about:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/let-everyone-see-their-own-characters-on-cutscenes-hello-arah/first#post350071

in Personal Story

Posted by: Phogo.5163

Phogo.5163

I look forward to the loot fix. The loot aside this was very much a let down. An anti-climatic end to an otherwise enjoyable story

in Personal Story

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

10/22 is the halloween update, i wonder if that’s when this is going to be fixed as opposed to the 10/28 stated in the anet post earlier

in Personal Story

Posted by: Maz.2709

Maz.2709

Overall the experience of GW2 quests has been extremely underwhelming, especially compared to GW1.

in Personal Story

BrunoBRS.5178

10/22 is the halloween update, i wonder if that’s when this is going to be fixed as opposed to the 10/28 stated in the anet post earlier

i think they confirmed to have changed the schedule and the new rewards will roll out tomorrow.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Karadoth.8370

Karadoth.8370

Why is it I can easily make with crafting exotic items, but to actually earn one takes so much effort and random luck that its not really worth it? Risk/reward is so up the left in the game. I thought they were going to go the GW1 route of highest level stuff being about skins not stats, with max damage/stat stuff being available fairly easily but the cool looking stuff took some effort, or the exact stat combo took some doing, but no, its some kittenized hybrid of rare loot systems and oh hell, I can just craft whatever the hell I want and not bother with actual effort, because its not worth it.

There is no worthwile reward for anything unless you get extremely lucky, so whats the point?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Daftendire.7849

Daftendire.7849

Spent an hour grinding through Arah so Zaithan could just lay down and die like a winded asthmatic.

Loot bags containing three greens that my character couldnt even use almost seemed fitting as a reward for doing so little.

gg anet

in Personal Story

Posted by: swerth.9864

swerth.9864

I actually just finished my story about a week and was sorely disappointed at my choice of siege blueprints and a green item that I would not use and did not sell to a vendor for any amount of worthwhile coin. This is just absolutely sad. I’m glad I found this thread because I feel better there are others out there who feel as cheated as I did once I completed the game. I mean really, savior of Tyria and the reward is a lousy siege blueprint for another aspect of the game that has nothing to do with the story. There should most definitely be some unique skin or something that distinguishes players that have completed the story line, much to the same measure that those who explore the entire world get a little star badge by their character’s name.

in Personal Story

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I actually just finished my story about a week and was sorely disappointed at my choice of siege blueprints and a green item that I would not use and did not sell to a vendor for any amount of worthwhile coin. This is just absolutely sad. I’m glad I found this thread because I feel better there are others out there who feel as cheated as I did once I completed the game. I mean really, savior of Tyria and the reward is a lousy siege blueprint for another aspect of the game that has nothing to do with the story. There should most definitely be some unique skin or something that distinguishes players that have completed the story line, much to the same measure that those who explore the entire world get a little star badge by their character’s name.

I thought these posted would have stopped already when Anet announced the Unique End Story weapons they’re still trying to get to work.

Most of you are not aware that Anet has announced Unique end story weapons made for their looks as proof you’ve complete the storyline. You can only obtain 1 per character though but they’re not soulbound until equipped so store them if you want or use them for mystic forge.

in Personal Story

BrunoBRS.5178

I thought these posted would have stopped already when Anet announced the Unique End Story weapons they’re still trying to get to work.

Most of you are not aware that Anet has announced Unique end story weapons made for their looks as proof you’ve complete the storyline. You can only obtain 1 per character though but they’re not soulbound until equipped so store them if you want or use them for mystic forge.

the unique end weapons are the pact weapons. you can look at them. they look nice. but they’re yellows, so ultimately it’ll be mystic forge fodder.

a soulbound exotic with a unique skin would’ve been perfect, and suitable for being the reward for finishing the story. i seriously don’t know what’s with ANet and refusing to let people get exotics.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

not sure if everyone’s been reading the posts by Jeff, but I have enough faith in Anet that they’ll fix the loot, so just bide your time
Only another week at the earliest we’ll be seeing any sort of improved token system or w/e they have planned.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Players should receive a unique, useable, USEFUL weapon for defeating Zhaitan.

Not something that is going to be thrown into a vendor/msytic forge at the first opportunity.

You should absolutely get a token for an exotic weapon at the end of the storyline. An exotic weapon isn’t even as impressive as it used to be – you can buy dozens on the TP for less than 2 gold.

Being given a rare for defeating an elder dragon, one of the greatest threats to face the world ever, is just ridiculously insulting.

I can go kill one of a million random zombie pirates in orr and get equally good loot.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Soo, now that we got our token. Where is the guy that we hand it to?

FSP

in Personal Story

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

guy we need to turn in this new item seems to be inaccessible if you already did the story..

key word being seems. maybe i’m not looking hard enough.

thugged out since cubscouts

in Personal Story

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

This is what I got from fellow players, and apparently the official wiki page.

The token can be handed in to the NPC described in the token’s own text. The thing is, this NPC stands at the end of the Story Dungeon. INSIDE of it. In theory, we’d have to re-do the entire dreadful thing… to obtain a thing we were already meant to have.
Rumour has it, that this is due for a fix, and that they wish to move the NPC to Fort Trinity, outside the story… but for now, it’s inside.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

Just because the Pact weapons are rare doesn’t automatically make them food for the Mystic Forge. A lot of people (myself included) like the way they look. Exotic weapons are not hard to get. I can get an exotic greatsword for 1.5g, which is less than an hour of work at level 80 in Cursed Shore. They were designed with looks in mind. If you like it, transmute it. I plan to.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

ROFL.

Holding my Victory Token tightly, so A-net could’nt take it away again, I rushed to Fort Trinity.

It’s a farce. I can’t believe it,

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Are you telling me that crappy rare the token trades for is the “fix” ?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Personal Story

Posted by: lorryt.7285

lorryt.7285

well, hopefully it should be a hint to anet to think some stuff through, like, ok, the loot at the endgame really sucks … really really, ok, so we are fixing it, and everyone gets a token, to get your endgame proper reward.

and yes, send a mail with the token, good idea really, i approve. and then exchange the token. and hide the npc so i can’t get to it ? yay

ladies and gentlemen, if needed, i will redo arah storyline, but it was boring really, so i’d be happy if i did not have to.

thank you, sincerely yours, etc etc

in Personal Story

Posted by: Sterile Tony.5761

Sterile Tony.5761

It is rather frustrating that we would all spend 3silver to travel to Fort Trinity just to run around in circles.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

They gave us pact tokens, but didnt fix where the NPC is.

(beginning to hate anet…)

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Wow…..

So to fix a problem for people that have done the personal story mode, they gave us a token that requires you to have not completed the personal story mode to turn in.

Who exactly was testing this one?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

We’re working on a fix, the issue is something that worked on our test servers but didn’t work on Live, so we had no way to catch it before the update, unfortunately.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nate.5109

Nate.5109

We’re working on a fix, the issue is something that worked on our test servers but didn’t work on Live, so we had no way to catch it before the update, unfortunately.

So wait Jeffrey. I’m confused… what fix on your test server allowed access to an NPC in an area that has never been accessible outside of instanced Fort Trinity? I’m sorry, but your “we had no way to catch it” just doesn’t make any sense without additional information. How could you not catch that the NPC isn’t even accessible to people that had completed the last story mission without having to re-complete it?

EDIT: added “in an area”

(edited by Nate.5109)

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

I’m so sorry Anet that you have to deal with these people -_-

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I’m not entirely sure I understand the question. The entrance to the Pact area where the merchant is located was accessible on our test servers, but not on Live. We’ve corrected that, and it should be getting updated soon.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

i hope that is today

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nate.5109

Nate.5109

I’m not entirely sure I understand the question. The entrance to the Pact area where the merchant is located was accessible on our test servers, but not on Live. We’ve corrected that, and it should be getting updated soon.

You know what, that’s great. And I thank you for clarifying that. I apologize if I came off as aggressive. For future reference, it’s worth noting that your latest post specifying the area accessibility constitutes “additional information” when compared to your previous post. Also, your update notes include the token, not the area change. I can’t speak for anyone else, but when Anet makes a mistake, I’d really like you folks to be specific and convince me that you know what you’re talking about/are actually working on the problem.

Anyway, looking forward to the fix. Thanks again and good day.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Nitestalker.1389

Nitestalker.1389

That’s all I care about is getting my pact rifle skin. Thanks in advance.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

What I don’t understand is why you would take something with a skin you can’t get anywhere else in the game and chuck it straight into the gambling vat just because it isn’t exotic. That’s what transmuting is for.

My shiny new pact shotgun looks pretty sick, I’m glad I decided to wait until the rewards got rolled out.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Bamfbear.5028

Bamfbear.5028

So when will the update to fix accessibility to the vendor with Pact weapons roll out? Hopefully tonight? XD

Also, is there any retroactive fix for people who completed the story? Cuz I completed the story a long time ago and I got no new loot in the mail to compensate for the lvl 30 greens I got..

in Personal Story

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

AFAIK anyone who has completed the story has been sent a Pact token. Make sure your inbox is allowing new mail.