Mini personal stories-interesting thought-

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mukakruda.9876

Mukakruda.9876

I love doing my story, especially on characters I really worked on their personality, makes it a lot more fun and interesting.
One thing I was thinking about yesterday was adding mini stories, as of right now once you are done with your story, you’re done, poof, gotta wait for those fun dialog again unless you do dungeon stories…
By mini stories I mean- well here’s an example, you know that female human NPC in Lion’s Arch that’s on the bridge just outside of the Gendarrin Fields border? We’ll just use her as an example- If you talk to her she tells you a long sad story about how her sister’s home was raided by pirates and so they fled, and she had just given birth to a third child. She explains that she has not heard from her sister in a long time and that she would write if she was just delayed on her trip, so she is starting to give up hope. Then of course you can cheer her up with one of two options (one being noble, one being charismatic), and that’s the end of that… What if rather these NPCs gave you the option of a mini story, where you can venture off, much like your actual story and change what the end result is based on what you do to help her find her sister.
I think these would be interesting to see, and there are in fact a lot of NPCs like this one all over Tyria, I like talking to random NPCs just to see what they say, and I’ve come across quite a few. And with some of them I really wish you were allowed to do something to lend them a hand (feel so bad for some of them )’: ).
So… Thoughts anyone?

in Personal Story

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I like it. Really do

in Personal Story

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So do I

But I have a feeling it’ll never happen… just because it would seem too much like traditional questing, and GW2 is against that.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

So do I

But I have a feeling it’ll never happen… just because it would seem too much like traditional questing, and GW2 is against that.

Or it could be an event trigger as the many they are our there.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Mukakruda.9876

Mukakruda.9876

That’s true, I’d love to see some side story stuff though, I really miss seeing the dialogs on my human and we have to wait expansion to expansion for more story stuff