This would have made the whispers story better

in Personal Story

Posted by: Ptaki.3715

Ptaki.3715

I did the first run through with the Durmond Priory. At claw island my mentor the British lady died (Sorry forgot characters name). second run through My order of whispers mentor dies, poor Leftpaw.

So I guess my third play though with the Vigil my mentor will die too.

Here’s how this story change could have made all three different and have a better impact.

Claw islands over, Leftpaw dead. The later the mission happens when the Chantry is attacked. Instead of revealing that the girl is the head of the order they should have had Leftpaw show up as the head person.

The whole story he told before fake sacrificing himself was kitten to throw Zaitan off because he had sources that told him the chantry was going to be attacked after claw island, also the coward thing was a cover story since he really was in charge. The whole getting field work was a setup to get him back out because of the whole dragon thing.

This makes it better two ways.

1) if you played a previous order first you would think he’s worm food and be totally surprised and it fits good with the order of secrets.

2) If you played Whispers first, on 2nd play though you would think mentor was coming back and they wouldn’t. This would make the death have impact.

That’s my opinion. Discuss.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It certainly would have made the “Master of Whispers” reveal much more interesting since I didn’t care one bit about the actual Master of Whispers.

I want Jurah from GW1 back.. He was a waaaay cooler Master of Whispers!

in Personal Story

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

The masters of Whispers was the most obivous plot twist in the entire game. Riel was the only character who we had seen often enough. I think there not a single person in the world who didn’t wouldn’t see Tybalt survive and be the head of the order. Tybalt being the Master of Whispers would be such a suprise for us and every in the order.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

As someone who chose Vigil, I wouldn’t be too happy if Whispers players got to keep their mentor and no one else did. I don’t see how ANet could do this without seeming to favour players of one storyline over the rest of us.

The way things are now, the stories are all sad but equal; it wouldn’t seem too fair if Whispers got a plot continuation but the story just stopped for everyone else.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

As someone who chose Vigil, I wouldn’t be too happy if Whispers players got to keep their mentor and no one else did. I don’t see how ANet could do this without seeming to favour players of one storyline over the rest of us.

The way things are now, the stories are all sad but equal; it wouldn’t seem too fair if Whispers got a plot continuation but the story just stopped for everyone else.

Yes, lets keep all the personal stories the same, that way we can see what a huge difference our choices have made!

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

in Personal Story

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Yes, lets keep all the personal stories the same, that way we can see what a huge difference our choices have made!

No, I’m not saying keep all stories the same, I’m saying keeping them equal.

What’s being suggested is that the Whispers storyline have additional plot development at the point where the other two stories just end.

Our choices shouldn’t all have the same outcome, but giving one story branch a noticeably better outcome gives an incentive for that choice, and makes the other choices less desirable.

Rewarding certain story choices and – by the same token – punishing other ones is the exact opposite of encouraging us to make meaningful decisions.

in Personal Story

Posted by: Snowfaerie.1945

Snowfaerie.1945

I really think the order storylines are too similar… I mean, mssion for joining, where your mentor first isn’t really exited but later says they’d be happy to keep working with you, mission with minor races, attack on Claw Island /Lion’s Arch (that one would probably have to happen for everyone in the same way) and after that it’s pretty much same for everyone. I don’t quite get a feeling of being able to cause anything significant in the storyline during different playthroughs. (Played all three orders.)