25% speed increase across the board

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Just like the title says,

Free up some runes
Free up some traits
Free up some utility

Overall would make the game much more fun w/o breaking anything. I have seen it in other games, how about this one?

Maybe a lvl20 reward?

Edit: clarification, this topic is in regard to WvW & PvE only.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

sorry to say, it would break the game, most especially with warriors, mesmers, elementalist, guardians and thieves.

They have by far the highest speed in terms of mobilities, in the game.

Giving them access to these increase speed, will sabotage Arena.net missions for this game which is to enforce balance; although they’re slowly getting there.

Op, what you are stating is to inflict Chaos accross the board.

And sincerely, i’ve had enough of it.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

when everyone has increase speed, no one has increase speed. might as well take all speed increase away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I agree, it just isn’t viable for certain classes (Mesmer for one) to be rocking these speed increases without sacrifice. It is bad enough that rune of speed/traveller are already breaching the territory of game breaking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

This would trivialize JPs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Considering every class except thief can apply swiftness to themselves, and thieves (and rangers, eles, necros, and warriors with a trait) can get a 25%, JPs really don’t have anything to do with it.

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Considering every class except thief can apply swiftness to themselves

- on dodge roll (trait)
- when using steal (trait, can be triggered without a target, best option for JP)
- on kill (trait)
- when disabled (trait)

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Considering every class except thief can apply swiftness to themselves, and thieves (and rangers, eles, necros, and warriors with a trait) can get a 25%, JPs really don’t have anything to do with it.

I see your point, but it does mean that you as a player have to then use those skills in the JP which may not be a huge challenge, but it is still part of the challenge to know when to use them, at least on some classes of course. I honestly don’t see any real need for a permanent speed buff. Besides, there are consumable speed buff that you have to make them or buy, which is part of the economy of the game.

in Suggestions

gimmethegepgun.1284

- on dodge roll (trait)
- when using steal (trait, can be triggered without a target, best option for JP)
- on kill (trait)
- when disabled (trait)

Dodging in a JP is a bad idea, on-kill and on-disable won’t be present there either.
Forgot about traited steal though.

in Suggestions

gimmethegepgun.1284

I see your point, but it does mean that you as a player have to then use those skills in the JP which may not be a huge challenge, but it is still part of the challenge to know when to use them, at least on some classes of course. I honestly don’t see any real need for a permanent speed buff. Besides, there are consumable speed buff that you have to make them or buy, which is part of the economy of the game.

By the way, not one single JP in the entire game requires a speed boost to do. Every last jump is doable at regular movement speed.

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

sorry to say, it would break the game, most especially with warriors, mesmers, elementalist, guardians and thieves.

Giving them access to these increase speed, will sabotage Arena.net missions for this game which is to enforce balance; although they’re slowly getting there.

I have no clue what you’re talking about?

Every profession already can attain 25% speed increase, through traits, utility, or around 12g for runes? Im not talking about stacking this w/traits, runes, utility slots to make 50%.

JQ Druid

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would agree with having something like 3 generic PvE trait slots for common traits that all professions share and put there traits that work only while out of combat for stuff like 50% less fall damage, 25% movement speed, faster swimming speed, faster skill recharge while out of combat, etc, (never stacking with pre-existing ones, of course) so people can set their traits and skills without being limited by the 25% signets and the 50% fall damage traits.

But ONLY while out of combat. And only for PvE.

WvW and PvP take into account waypoint use and the current speeds players can have. If your profession doesn’t have many swiftness skills, team up with professions that have AoE ones.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Every profession already can attain 25% speed increase, through traits, utility, or around 12g for runes? Im not talking about stacking this w/traits, runes, utility slots to make 50%.

Just because it’s ‘attainable’ doesn’t mean you just scrap those mechanics and give it to everyone permanently.

Example:
Mesmers get speed from focus or runes.

If you give them a permanent source for no reason, they no longer need to use focus for speed, or runes for speed, but can use another weapon, or different rune sets. It is a balance issue, and will always be A BIG FAT NO.

Runes shouldn’t be giving move speed anyway, but my guard isn’t complaining, nor will my mes once I finally level it (410 days, level 39, I hate asura)

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

Current passive standard speed is ridiculously slow, freeing up these traits, utility, and runes could help balance. Other mmo’s have done it, and even ncsoft new mmo will have a standard run speed, ability boost to speed, and shift key grants a short duration sprint.

25% passive is attainable by all professions through runes, may as well make this the standard at a certain level. Free up traits, and utilities for combat balance.

If anything making this a standard passive speed (not sprint) helps with balance by making it a constant variable instead of a unknown variable in builds.

The new heal (next Living story) for ALL professions is a good start to this idea, same with doing away w/reduced fall damage traits by making it a standard for all classes at a certain level instead.

JQ Druid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

“Every profession already can attain 25% speed increase, through traits, utility, or around 12g for runes? Im not talking about stacking this w/traits, runes, utility slots to make 50%.[/quote]”

You’re seriously kidding right?

lol

Are you new to this game? no dissrespect but you seem to be?

Do you read each class forums and understand other class dilema about them?

In the warrior forum; how other classes are complaining how thief OP excessive mobilities is ruining the fun of the game and also breaking the game altogether; there are far too many posts and threads concerning those dilemas.

Or

how In the thief forum; how other classes are complaining how thief OP excessive mobilities is ruining the fun of the game and also breaking the game altogether; there are far too many posts and threads concerning those dilemas.

Including in the mesmer and guardian forums; read them when you can.

To put it in simplar words;

If Arena.net were to impliment 25% speed increase accross the board, those classes alone would completely break the game and totally destroy the fun in the game.

Since in gw2 beta till this day, i’ve been advocating for “the little guys”; the less advantage classes to be up par with "the big guys’,; the superior classes.

So i can find where that 25% speed increase would help benefit the less advantage classes. Perhaps not entirely implimented on one tool but to spread in other tools; like traits, skilss etc…

I hope i make myself much clearer.

(I do respect you for what you have to say amd i’m hoping i didn’t come out rude).

(again no offense, do some research and ask questions before you counterattack someone statement)

As the saying goes, “too seek knowledge is to seek knowledge”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

If they increased the base speed to +25% of what it is now, then still had swiftness/25% runes etc apply their bonus, people would eventually start complaining about needing to be faster……

What they need to do is completely remove the “in combat slow down kitten” that’s just ridiculously stupid imo.

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

“Every profession already can attain 25% speed increase, through traits, utility, or around 12g for runes? Im not talking about stacking this w/traits, runes, utility slots to make 50%.

"

lol

In the warrior forum; how other classes are complaining how thief OP excessive mobilities is ruining the fun of the game and also breaking the game altogether; there are far too many posts and threads concerning those dilemas.

Or

how In the thief forum; how other classes are complaining how thief OP excessive mobilities is ruining the fun of the game and also breaking the game altogether; there are far too many posts and threads concerning those dilemas.

If Arena.net were to impliment 25% speed increase accross the board, those classes alone would completely break the game and totally destroy the fun in the game.

Since in gw2 beta till this day, i’ve been advocating for “the little guys”; the less advantage classes to be up par with "the big guys’,; the superior classes.

So i can find where that 25% speed increase would help benefit the less advantage classes. Perhaps not entirely implimented on one tool but to spread in other tools; like traits, skilss etc…

(I do respect you for what you have to say amd i’m hoping i didn’t come out rude).

(again no offense, do some research and ask questions before you counterattack someone statement)

[/quote]

Actually a player since BWE2, level 80 Guard, Necro, War, Ranger, & a 57 Thief.

I think you’re being a lil over dramatic over those mentioned classes in your post, many of those classes already trait or signet 25% anyhow, I highly doubt it’s the reason of these horrible imbalances your crying about in the first place.

Removing traits, utility, and runes w/the 25% passive speed increase and just making it passive at a certain level would be better in WvW&PvE imo.

as far as a Thief goes, it’s a Thief get used to it. Masters of stealth and the surprise 1vx encounters, nothing new in mmo’s.

No offense or disrespect taken on your opinion, no matter how contradictory your post is to those statements.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

“Every profession already can attain 25% speed increase, through traits, utility, or around 12g for runes? Im not talking about stacking this w/traits, runes, utility slots to make 50%.

"

lol

Or

Actually a player since BWE2, level 80 Guard, Necro, War, Ranger, & a 57 Thief.

I think you’re being a lil over dramatic over those mentioned classes in your post, many of those classes already trait or signet 25% anyhow, I highly doubt it’s the reason of these horrible imbalances your crying about in the first place.

Removing traits, utility, and runes w/the 25% passive speed increase and just making it passive at a certain level would be better in WvW&PvE imo.

as far as a Thief goes, it’s a Thief get used to it. Masters of stealth and the surprise 1vx encounters, nothing new in mmo’s.

No offense or disrespect taken on your opinion, no matter how contradictory your post is to those statements.[/quote]

I don’t understand how giving every class a permanent 25% speed buff fixes anything you’ve said in this post. If you can go 25% faster and that thief can also go 25% faster, then nothing really changes in terms of the thief still being faster than you because of the skills they can use? Maybe you’re just not explaining it very well or I’m just not seeing what it is this fixes other than you go faster while everyone else, um, also goes faster?? Even if this gets implemented at a certain level of a character, WvWrs and PvPrs will all more than likely get to the same level at about the same time so now you’re back to each class having something that is OP than that of other classes, just with an equal 25% speed boost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

- on dodge roll (trait)
- on kill (trait)
- when disabled (trait)

Or…. just stealth and move 50% faster? If you are traited that is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

What i would do is increase passive speed for 15% for all classes. Then further i would give medium armor clasees additional 5% and light armor classes +10%.

So basically at the end:
Heavy armor: +15% speed
medium: +20%
light: +25%

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I agree, it just isn’t viable for certain classes (Mesmer for one) to be rocking these speed increases without sacrifice. It is bad enough that rune of speed/traveller are already breaching the territory of game breaking.

There’s nothing game-breaking about being able to move at a reasonable speed.

And at +25% speed norn and charr characters don’t feel like they’re running in slow motion any more, that’s such an unbelievable quality of life thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Mesmers probably have the worst mobility in game. They have 1 source of swiftness/movement increase and it’s bugged, so if you use it when you already have swiftness up, you’re sh** out of luck, because you just wasted your skill.

Maybe necro’s are worse than mesmers, but I wouldn’t know, because my necro is gathering dust anyway.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Gw2 is very “pedestrian” even when running, and the in “combat” slow down is very annoying.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Gw2 is very “pedestrian” even when running, and the in “combat” slow down is very annoying.

Fully agree. The in combat slow down is annoying and we could do without it.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

To all the people thinking movement speed is harmless:

“Please think of WvW/sPvP before you post suggestions related to combat.”

^ Remember that as a rule of thumb. And if you do not play WvW/sPvP, do not post combat related suggestions like these without beginning the thread with “I ONLY PLAY PVE”.

Thank you.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

The only reason Norn seem to run slow is in comparison to everyone else running at the same speed so this idea won’t do anything for the norn “problem”.

I say just give an Out of Combat speed buff indicator to players to cure the perception of being “punished” for being in combat. But increased speed to everybody will only take away any speed “buff” for everybody and we would still be stuck with the perception that bigger toons are slower. So this idea wouldn’t actually solve anything except to eliminate speed buffs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Example:

If you give them a permanent source for no reason, they no longer need to use focus for speed, or runes for speed, but can use another weapon, or different rune sets. It is a balance issue, and will always be A BIG FAT NO.

I don’t see changing this as a bad thing. Being rewarded for using specific runes or weapons does (to some extend) limit build variety.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

If everyone moves, runs, walks, dodges, etc, at the same speed, which must be in order to maintain balance between the races, then you’ll never get away from small characters looking like they’re on speed and big characters looking like they’re in slow motion…it can’t be done. As for jumping puzzles, I’ve done all of them, including the nasties such as the Clock Tower, Skipping Stones, and the Snow Globe. A permanent speed buff would break most jumping puzzles because most, especially those on a timer, are specifically spaced for unbuffed movement speed. Anyone who uses a speed buff in a JP and thinks it’s easier is deluding themselves. As a necro, I do have a 25% speed buff on a signet that I generally use, but it gets removed for jumping puzzles.

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Example:

I don’t see changing this as a bad thing. Being rewarded for using specific runes or weapons does (to some extend) limit build variety.

Play competitive game modes for once.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Unless they completely removed Swiftness and every speed-boosting Trait, Utility, and Rune from the game along with this change, I don’t really see what this would solve.

All it would do is make the “baseline” 25% higher, while still allowing Swiftness and the other sources to go beyond that level (because if you didn’t allow them to go beyond, then they’d be completely useless and that certainly wouldn’t be good either). Which keeps everything exactly the same except speeding the whole game up by 25% overall.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Real simple,

25% Base Run speed out of combat (Internal cool down of 8 seconds when first out of combat)

10% base run speed in combat (I feel that some professions run to slow in combat with out the swiftness boon – IE Guardians!)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

“By the way, not one single JP in the entire game requires a speed boost to do. Every last jump is doable at regular movement speed.”

As someone who has completed all the JPs in the game on a non-speed-boosted character, I can attest to the truth of this statement. There were a few jumps that required the forward-dodge/roll+jump technique to get the needed distance, but no speed boosts at all were necessary.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

“Maybe necro’s are worse than mesmers, but I wouldn’t know, because my necro is gathering dust anyway.”

Necros have Signet of the Locust, similar to Rangers’ Signet of the Hunt. Both grant a constant 25% speed boost.

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

To all the people thinking movement speed is harmless:

“Please think of WvW/sPvP before you post suggestions related to combat.”

^ Remember that as a rule of thumb. And if you do not play WvW/sPvP, do not post combat related suggestions like these without beginning the thread with “I ONLY PLAY PVE”.

Thank you.

I should have made it more clear at the start of the post, even so I believe I made it fairly clear the topic was on WvW & PvE. Spvp/tpvp is not meant to be included in my post, imo it’s a mini game within the actual game, everything is different in spvp to WvW/PvE.

You guys (some) are really over dramatizing a passive 25% speed increase, and believe it or not my Necro is still melting faces using 25% speed runes freeing up a utility slot or traits to daggers, my Guardian atm can actually has a chance to chase and possibly kill that War or thief (tends to give up and run away).

I know a handful of players that left this game patches ago, one of the reasons just to slow, hell running from one end of a WvW map to another multiple times is enough to pull your hair out w/o some sort of flat 25% speed increase (utility, trait, rune).

It’s a quality life (play) issue, w/ NCsoft other game coming soon giving all professions shift=short dur sprint, ground/flying mounts, among other quality of gameplay I would like to retain some players here is all, healthy competition between to big titles is good for the players. When it comes down to it it’s about having fun, 25% across the board, reduced fall dmg traits given as a level reward, those are small things that can in the long run make this game better imo.

and to help clarify the post I quoted, 1st rule of thumb don’t compare WvW to spvp. Two different animals, and shouldn’t be in comparison w/each other at all. More you know right?

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Suggestions

Leamas.5803

I don’t find I’m running slow. In fact, I find the speed well scaled to the proportion of the map. Perhaps it’s because I’m Asura. The map is huge…and I’m happy for that. The fact is that a flat increase in speed breaks a lot of content, such as the jumping puzzles, they invested a lot of time developing. Like Lolyta.4582, I’ve completed all JPs on regular speed and have never had to use any special technique, dodges, rolls, perks, portals or anything else. JPs are pure skill, agility and a bit of luck. A permanent speed perk would make some impossible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Play competitive game modes for once.

You are correct, after that comment I have no faith in you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MooTownSnacker.3659

MooTownSnacker.3659

I vote for giving Guardians and Mesmers signets that provide a 25% speed buff. To keep the status quo, they would only work in PVE, out of combat. This would simply be a quality of life / travelling improvement.

For example, the Mesmer’s Signet of Inspiration could “get smart” and trigger just the swiftness boon (though at 25%) when out of combat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I agree with OP, and disagree with most of you.

1. JP’s can always have their own special set of rules, including a permanent JP-only debuff that reduces your movement speed by 25%
2. Whoever said Mesmer has high mobility and is a fast class could not be more wrong in their life.
3. Every class should move 25% faster, because out-of-combat movement speed in the game is too slow, literally. If this means that traits/signets/skills are freed up to do something more than just a speed buff (which is not noticeable in combat anyway) than so be it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Game is not broken with +25% speed and isn’t balanced now greatly.
I formed a topic like this like 3 months ago and in few weeks we saw revamp to runes and that rocks!

Here is why.

when everyone has increase speed, no one has increase speed. might as well take all speed increase away.

But thats not true also, cause now everyone can have more speed but you have to pay for it.
By pay I didn’t mean gold but rather space/slot. If you have a signet it takes one utility slot and you could use it for something. When you sacrifice runes slot, you miss sometimes very nice mechanics for speed.

Speed bust is always a sacrifice and this is how it is supposed to be.
There is no really need for nothing more in the topic.

P.S.
I’m so glad I got traveler runes on all my non signet classes when they were 5g each. I think you should buy them as fast as you can cause 9g cap wont last for long. Everyone wants them so hurry.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

But thats not true also, cause now everyone can have more speed but you have to pay for it.

By pay I didn’t mean gold but rather space/slot. If you have a signet it takes one utility slot and you could use it for something. When you sacrifice runes slot, you miss sometimes very nice mechanics for speed.

This is exactly why it’s true. that Payment is the reason not everyone chooses it. And even if everyone did max out their speed (which they don’t), not all classes are equal in max speed capability. So giving everyone the same base speed buff is tantamount to just eliminating speed buffs because it just resets the base speed for everybody with no diffrences in class. Which means there is no speed buff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

“Maybe necro’s are worse than mesmers, but I wouldn’t know, because my necro is gathering dust anyway.”

Necros have Signet of the Locust, similar to Rangers’ Signet of the Hunt. Both grant a constant 25% speed boost.

In this case, Mesmers do have the worst mobility in the game.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

As a mesmer I decided to buy Traveler runes, I don’t need to rely on focus that much. At least in dungeons I’m not always running last, taking all the aggro on myself. Now even my only swiftness source is broken, since TC starts combat when mobs passes through it, or I pull them away (even without aggro). If everyone would have permanent +25% speed boost, the only thing that mesmer lack would be given for free.
And if someone think necros are bad at mobility, then just.. lawl. Signet +25%, utility +33% for 20 sec, warhorn, and I don’t even remember if there’s more…

in Suggestions

Leamas.5803

As a mesmer I decided to buy Traveler runes, I don’t need to rely on focus that much. At least in dungeons I’m not always running last, taking all the aggro on myself. Now even my only swiftness source is broken, since TC starts combat when mobs passes through it, or I pull them away (even without aggro). If everyone would have permanent +25% speed boost, the only thing that mesmer lack would be given for free.
And if someone think necros are bad at mobility, then just.. lawl. Signet +25%, utility +33% for 20 sec, warhorn, and I don’t even remember if there’s more…

There is also a Master level trait for the Blood Magic trait line called Quickening Thirst related which gives a speed bonus if you wield daggers, while I do often use dagger(s), I Usually use Vampiric Master as it’s more useful in battle. As well, there is Speed of Shadows which increases movement while in Death Shroud, this would generally be used for quick escapes. (I don’t use the soul reaping trait line). I don’t think these bonus’ necessarily stack though and have quite specific usage. Signet of the Locust is the only universally useful one for Necros.

I run Well of Blood, Signet of the Locust and 3 Minions, but will always disable the signet for jumping puzzles. Works fairly well.

I don’t know that you can get a permanent passive bonus greater than 25%. While I quite often move faster than others, I’ve seen many move the same speed, but never anyone moving faster without some sort of temporary speed perk .

(edited by Leamas.5803)

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

This is exactly why it’s true. that Payment is the reason not everyone chooses it. And even if everyone did max out their speed (which they don’t), not all classes are equal in max speed capability. So giving everyone the same base speed buff is tantamount to just eliminating speed buffs because it just resets the base speed for everybody with no diffrences in class. Which means there is no speed buff.

Even a 25% passive speed increase across the board would not change the use of certain profession skills (weapon, utility, elite, & some traits) that grant a 33% sprint for X duration, so a difference in playstyle per profession and build will still vary.

With the small given information on new weapon sets and endgame unlockable skills Anet has in store for the future, how would they plan to balance for that content?

We already know new weapon types are coming for professions (ex. Engineer/hammer) I will assume that room within traits/utility to help balance these new weapons will be needed. What better way to make room by removing the passive 25% speed traits & utilities, replacing them to fit the new weapons.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Suggestions

Leamas.5803

Waypoints are there for a reason.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Even a 25% passive speed increase across the board would not change the use of certain profession skills (weapon, utility, elite, & some traits) that grant a 33% sprint for X duration, so a difference in playstyle per profession and build will still vary.

With the small given information on new weapon sets and endgame unlockable skills Anet has in store for the future, how would they plan to balance for that content?

We already know new weapon types are coming for professions (ex. Engineer/hammer) I will assume that room within traits/utility to help balance these new weapons will be needed. What better way to make room by removing the passive 25% speed traits & utilities, replacing them to fit the new weapons.

So some would have their traits, runes and utilities freed up while other classes wouldn’t? What purpose would that served except to buff/nerf certain classes?

in Suggestions

Wetpaw.3487

So some would have their traits, runes and utilities freed up while other classes wouldn’t? What purpose would that served except to buff/nerf certain classes?

Well Anet I imagine will be changing/removing/adding to the trait system anyhow when they introduce the new weapons. Imo the two systems of traits that would be changed to make room would be reduce fall dmg, passive 25% speed, and traits least used (due to viability, buggy, or just not good) in builds.

What professions wouldn’t have traits, and signets freed up? Outside of reduced fall damage that is, just speed (not sprint).

edit: I can only think of my Guard, but they are in a pretty good balance place atm (minus a long range weapon…for now) So a 25% passive increased movement speed would be just a quality of life thing. Some changes to the Guard traits I assume would need to happen when they add a new weapon.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

There were a few jumps that required the forward-dodge/roll+jump technique to get the needed distance, but no speed boosts at all were necessary.

You do understand that’s an unintended mechanic?

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

IMO, just buff this to 25% and only usable in PvE.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Leamas.5803

IMO, just buff this to 25% and only usable in PvE.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster

This makes sense and is in no way game breaking.