2H Battle Axe

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sgt Bubbles.4908

Sgt Bubbles.4908

We have the Sword, and the Greatsword. The Mace, and the Hammer. The Scepter, and the Staff. Each of these have a 2 handed counterpart, but not the Axe! Why not?

A two handed would be fantastic for both Warriors AND Guardians (please please Guardians too). Maybe even for Necromancers – A sort of executioner theme?

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I support this. Two handed axe would be awesome. escecially for a necro.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alri.9615

Alri.9615

I support this. Two handed axe would be awesome. escecially for a necro.

i don’t think a necro could use a 2h axe. in theory there is more metal in 1 area then a balanced amount in a greatsword and would plainly be to heavy for a necro to wield. BUT i support this. with a pistol / rife . i honesty don’t see why this wasn’t in the game in the first place xD

Main: Azra Yuzukii/ 80 Elementalist
Guild:
Server: Dragonbrand Borderlands

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

I don’t think it would be too heavy for a necro to weild. Any more than a greatsword is too heavy for a Mesmer to weild. because the metal in the axe is isolated to the head so it would actually be lighter than a greatsword. So there is less metal in the head which takes a less heavy material in it’s handle to produce a balanced weapon.

edit: Turns out the larger battle axes preferred by the huscarles only weighed less than 5 lbs.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alri.9615

Alri.9615

I don’t think it would be too heavy for a necro to weild. Any more than a greatsword is too heavy for a Mesmer to weild. because the metal in the axe is isolated to the head so it would actually be lighter than a greatsword. So there is less metal in the head which takes a less heavy material in it’s handle to produce a balanced weapon.

i guess that makes more sence. it makes me wonder if they make scythes….

Main: Azra Yuzukii/ 80 Elementalist
Guild:
Server: Dragonbrand Borderlands

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

+5 for scythes

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

considering we have bloody torches, I don’t see why we can’t have 2H axes.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gytis.1637

Gytis.1637

There is this insanelly interessting topic about weapons in this forum section.
Try to look for it.
There are katanas, whips, crossbows and huge amount of other detailed suggestions
I was reading it and got my whole point of view about weapons changed.
You guys really should check that out

Found it – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/weapons-what-is-gw2-missing/

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Awesome link. Thanks

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Plus they have commented that 2 h axe will come. They needed weapon types to add later

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

+1 i would love a 2handed axe

A wolf among sheep

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Guardians and axes? This doesn’t fit at all. 2Hand Axe sounds like a 1 profession only weapon which would be a total waste.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sgt Bubbles.4908

Sgt Bubbles.4908

There is this insanelly interessting topic about weapons in this forum section.
Try to look for it.
There are katanas, whips, crossbows and huge amount of other detailed suggestions
I was reading it and got my whole point of view about weapons changed.
You guys really should check that out

Found it – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/weapons-what-is-gw2-missing/

Oh nice! Thanks!

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Guardians and axes? This doesn’t fit at all. 2Hand Axe sounds like a 1 profession only weapon which would be a total waste.

Why? I can see a 2-handed axe in the hands of a warrior, ranger, or necromancer.

I would love to see 2-handed axes, myself.

Re: Scythes – didn’t I just see somebody in game with something that looked like a scythe? Or did I make that up??

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Why? I can see a 2-handed axe in the hands of a warrior, ranger, or necromancer.

Re: Scythes – didn’t I just see somebody in game with something that looked like a scythe? Or did I make that up??

I think there is a necro spell animation (or something similar) that adds the ‘scythe blade’ onto a staff as an effect.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latromi.2387

Latromi.2387

They have hinted a few times as weapons being part of future expansions/updates. My guess would be expansion, since they would have to create several skins, a legendary version, profession skills, and all sorts of stuff in order to introduce a new weapon. Greataxes have already been said by Anet themselves to be ON that list of potential weapons. I don’t remember the exact question, but someone asked about the Scythe skin, and said they wanted a Greataxe skin for their hammer/greatsword. Arenanet responded (again, this is from memory from several months ago, but it stuck with me and blew my mind when I read it) with something like: “Why settle with just a skin? We think greataxes are awesome and we would love to have our characters using one! Weapons are definitely something for future additions to the game!”

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latromi.2387

Latromi.2387

I think there is a necro spell animation (or something similar) that adds the ‘scythe blade’ onto a staff as an effect.

There are a few staff spells that make your staff appear like a scythe, but the halloween Mad King event chest had a chance at THIS: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin and it’s pure awesome. They aren’t account bound, but you are going to likely be saving the gold for it. They are currently between 75 and 80g.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I was surprised these weapons weren’t in the game. They are pretty standard for fantasy.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Thank you both, Scrotbag and Latromi, I had no idea!

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

And How about an Asura warrior that dual weilds great axes? Now that would be hilarious.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Adding new weapon types is one of the most fundamental ways they can improve the game-play and build variety, so it’s almost certain to happen. I’m also sure greataxes are high on that list.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deacon.6835

Deacon.6835

Agreed. Quite frankly I’m amazed there aren’t more 2 handed weapons types.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

it shall be done (hopefully)

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I wish to be able to have a great 2hand axe on my warrior that deal heavy damages.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: eodx.9786

eodx.9786

We have the Sword, and the Greatsword. The Mace, and the Hammer. The Scepter, and the Staff. Each of these have a 2 handed counterpart, but not the Axe! Why not?

A two handed would be fantastic for both Warriors AND Guardians (please please Guardians too). Maybe even for Necromancers – A sort of executioner theme?

Yes, PLEASE!

I may be new here but I hate not being able to use a single 2hd giant axe to crush my foes. If not great axes, then scythes. Both of which should be equippable by Warrior.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Everflame.1305

Everflame.1305

+1. This topic has come up numerous times in my guild. We would all love to see them happen.

2H Battle Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

The only classes that should realistically use a greataxe would be;
the warrior (weapon master of the game, and the kitten warrior image used on the proffession page shows a warrior with a great axe for crying out loud),
ranger (anothe rmelee option and naturalists tend to use axes as they are good for more than weapons, axes are good for logging),
and guardians (who I have long said should be able to use mh axes due to being SOLDIERS!)

No other proffessions make sense.
Engineer? Nope, they don’t use anything but guns (for flacor reasons).
Mesmer? Nope, they don’t use 1h axes
Necro? Nope, they don’t use greatsword or hammer an thus aren’t likely to see great axe either as they are trying to keep the class mage-looking
Ele? look at mesmer
Thief? axes are slow weapons, thus they won’t get them.