5 Slot Bags From Champions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nozaton.9164

Nozaton.9164

Could we please have something done about the 5 slot bags you get from defeating some champions? Would it be possible to have them stack, or transmutable into 20 slot bags in the forge, or have an option to not collect them at all? Better yet, since a lot of in game players seem to not like them…maybe we can have them eliminated?!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Seriously :rofl: +1 on this

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Just delete them when you get back to boar . Thats why you’re complaining isn’kitten cause you do the queensdale champ farm .Its not that big an issue in the grand scheme of things . I say leave it be .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I am curious why they are even in game. Generally around the time you get one to drop you have or can make 8 slot bags. I could see if the first crafted bags were 4 slots but when the stuff you can make right away is bigger why are the 5 slots even a thing?

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I am curious why they are even in game. Generally around the time you get one to drop you have or can make 8 slot bags. I could see if the first crafted bags were 4 slots but when the stuff you can make right away is bigger why are the 5 slots even a thing?

Really? Do you not remember running through Queensdale on your first character? Do you not remember having ZERO money on your account? Do you not remember having only one 20 slot backpack and nothing else?

These 5 slot bags aren’t placed in the game as a hindrance to you and your Queensdale champion farming zerg. They’re placed in the game, in a low-level zone, to reward NEW players with something beneficial to them.

Not everything is about the zerg. Think about it.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

These are there for freshly made accounts. Leave them in, if you don’t like the bags, then don’t do the train.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

If I happen to be masochistic enough to champ farm in queensdale I just mail them along with a stack of butter or red meat to random people I don’t know.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I’ve been thinking they could do something with the bags. They come in 6 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. What a coincidence they are the colors of the rainbow. You could mystic forge a 20 slot rainbow bag. Here is what the recipes I have thought up. Combine red, orange, and yellow bags with either 25 mystic coins or a few mystic stones to create a 12 slot Fire bag. Combine green, blue, and purple bags with 25 mystic coins or a few mystic stones to create a 12 slot Ice bag. Once you have those two bags you combine the Fire bag and the Ice bag with 50 Mystic coins and a Philosopher’s Stone to create a 20 slot Rainbow bag.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Really? Do you not remember running through Queensdale on your first character? Do you not remember having ZERO money on your account? Do you not remember having only one 20 slot backpack and nothing else?

These 5 slot bags aren’t placed in the game as a hindrance to you and your Queensdale champion farming zerg. They’re placed in the game, in a low-level zone, to reward NEW players with something beneficial to them.

I was in ashford and I had 8 slot bags long before I encountered a 5 slot bag which actually dropped in the 15+ zone. It doesn’t take long to get 20 copper ore and 80c to buy tin. My argument has nothing to do with zerg or farming, it is that the 5 slot bag is easily obsolete before you even get near where they drop. Same in story.

I am just saying the placement in the loot tables and the fact that unless you are ignoring creating that you have better well before. I seem to remember a recipe you can get for a small bag that is also ackwardly placed. A 8 or 9 slot bag makes far more sense for where in the game they drop

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

You could stop farming champions in Queensdale.

On a more serious note, it would be nice if they would salvage into 1-2 Rawhide Leather Sections, with something like a 0.5% chance of also giving a common Unidentified <bag color> Dye.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

buying bags that cost 4 copper and transmuting them into a 20 slot bag…bad idea

The bags are ,imo, a reference to the old gw1 5 slot bags that could be dyed.
(and upgraded with a scroll into a 10 slot bag)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’ve been thinking they could do something with the bags. They come in 6 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. What a coincidence they are the colors of the rainbow. You could mystic forge a 20 slot rainbow bag. Here is what the recipes I have thought up. Combine red, orange, and yellow bags with either 25 mystic coins or a few mystic stones to create a 12 slot Fire bag. Combine green, blue, and purple bags with 25 mystic coins or a few mystic stones to create a 12 slot Ice bag. Once you have those two bags you combine the Fire bag and the Ice bag with 50 Mystic coins and a Philosopher’s Stone to create a 20 slot Rainbow bag.

Yeah, that’d be nice – even if it was a 16 or 18 slot bag.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I would also like to see an option to throw these in the MF for a chance at making larger bags.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

I was in ashford and I had 8 slot bags long before I encountered a 5 slot bag which actually dropped in the 15+ zone. It doesn’t take long to get 20 copper ore and 80c to buy tin. My argument has nothing to do with zerg or farming, it is that the 5 slot bag is easily obsolete before you even get near where they drop. Same in story.

I am just saying the placement in the loot tables and the fact that unless you are ignoring creating that you have better well before. I seem to remember a recipe you can get for a small bag that is also ackwardly placed. A 8 or 9 slot bag makes far more sense for where in the game they drop

I agree with Teraphas I was a sylvari my first character and ended up buying the 4slot bags a vendor at the start and crafted the 8 slots bags not to far along into the game. All my other characters after that just got my hand me down bags from my first or I just crafted them there own bags. Even if I did start as a human I wouldn’t know about running around in the zerg to get 5 slot bags instead of buying the 4 slot ones, so it would end up the same maybe I got 1 or 2 bag drops before I upgraded to 8slot. Regardless no one, not even starters would use 5 slot bags for that long.

Second off they only really benefit you if your very first character is a human. So in all honesty it’s unfair to those who choose any other race to start off with, since I can’t recall ever getting a 5 slot bag anywhere other then Queensdale. If you can get the bag drops in the other starters cities then dismiss this section. Otherwise they need to add the bag drops to the other cities if it is for the starters that way it is at least fair for all races.

Lastly for those that do the Queensdale farm can just sell them when you get to bandit if you don’t want to delet them. The NPC is selling bombs or something right by the cages so it’s not out of the way at all to just vendor them there.