A more visible Night-time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you barely notice when it’s nighttime? I only do if im Rata Sum and look directly up at the sky. The horizon is always filled with this smoke/fog…

I just wish it would actually get —dark-- … You know, to see all those glowing sylvari and all those shiny weapons.

And also NPC’s should leave during the night. (bed-time?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

It would pretty much affect game play a lot… not sure, but it sounds kind of interesting. WvW with night-raids having a surprise moment… O_O

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i would love to have real night time. yes, it will affet wvw, but imo it would make it more realistic. it would maybe spice things a little up in wvw.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I could imagine a night effect like in the Ice Elemental fractal’s forest. Not too dark, but fairly limited sight range.
+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think it could be a bit darker but tbh if you play on with highest grafic options the night is quite…visible (how ironic).

P.S. i see my glowing slyvari pretty well (walking night time alarm)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantos.1730

Kantos.1730

I agree. The effect on WvW would add another strategic element. Peeps would have to put away the shiny stuff so to ‘sneak up’ on the enemy. I would like it just for the added atmosphere of a darker PvE world. Hmmmm … they could even have moon cycles … but that is just crazy talk.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

This is something I’ve griped about myself. I’m a big sucker for atmosphere, and one of the things I really love is night time lighting and the ambience it gives. In this game night time lighting is present in many places, but it’s mostly washed out by the pseudo-daylight everywhere else. This also applies to underground environments, as well.

ANet has their philosophy on art/gfx style, but I want the choice to decide how dark it is. I’m the one looking at the screen, after all. If I want “realistic” dark nights where I can’t see six feet in front of me while I’m out in the wilderness, who’s it going to affect but me?

I know ANet has a vision for its art presentation but IMO this would only enhance it. I see no downside to it, especially as when implemented as a graphics option rather than a globally enforced “one-size-fits-all” change. Fortunately, ANet’s been pretty good about providing player-chosen options, so there’s always hope they’ll agree this is a worthwhile option to consider.

As for how it might affect WvW, if it’s an option, there’s no issue.

The only other thing I can think of that may require a bit of extra consideration is how this would affect underwater environments as the lighting/visibility is handled a little differently. Even so, it shouldn’t be hard to strike a baseline relative balance between open land areas and underwater, and let a single slider control both. Or provide independent sliders.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daltonsgk.1645

daltonsgk.1645

100% agree. It would add a nice element to the game. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

First off, the transition from night to day is almost not noticeable because night time itself is hardly noticeable. I approve this message and would love to see a better night time & day/night transition.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

It would pretty much affect game play a lot… not sure, but it sounds kind of interesting. WvW with night-raids having a surprise moment… O_O

+1 I love the idea…
I can see it now.
A group of 30-40 people sneaking near a fort and then taking out torches and marching to the gates…
It would look so great!
Well weapons effects should be less visible in the night also (like 25% of normal visibility) to make it even greater.

GENERALLY
Yes, give us night time and let us use torches and other light items.