Account-wide Dyes

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. . A simple suggestion would be to make the dyes you collect usable by all your characters instead of the one you learned it on. A lot of things in this game are account wide, making alt play a lot easier. I can understand both sides of the reasoning though due to sales. Would like to know how others feel about it.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: NarcoticHaze.3497

NarcoticHaze.3497

I’ve often thought this when I find a dye I like on an alt. I’d definitely support account wide dyes if implemented. I don’t think it would impact the price of dyes too much either, at least not immediately, perhaps after a long while.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: kikaa.2650

kikaa.2650

Definitely this… with sooo many colors. It’s hard to complete them all on every alt.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

I’ve always wanted something like this.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’d rather not see dyes as account bound. They’re already going pretty cheap on the trading post as it stands, with the exception of a select few. For the collectors out there such as myself, the sense of accomplishment would be eroded away considering there’s very few things to collect in this game that aren’t already bound to the account rather than the character.

In addition, considering you can buy them on the gem store I’d wager they’re a decent source of income for Arena Net and thus further game development. I’m fine with that.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

I stopped bothering with dyes because they aren’t account bound. I consume the odd dye i may randomly find but i’ll never waste money on them because i can’t have them on my alts.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

As there is already account wide achievements, I see no reason for this to not be added at all. Having to send the dyes to my main everytime I get one on my alt is annoying and then sending it back when I already have it is also annoying >_>

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

Already made a thread about it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dyes-Please-make-them-account-bound/first#post90643

A lot of people seem to be ‘against’ it because they want Anet to make more money and produce more content…

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

ANet makes money by selling dyes. Why would they want to cut their profits by making them account wide? Why would you want to cut one their revenue resources? You do understand that the more money get make off GW2 the more development we receive?

Look on your TP, most dyes cost less than 1 silver, only a few cost more than 1 gold.

It is not hard to collect all the dyes. If you are expected to spend 30 gold per piece of order gear, spending about 10 gold to get all the dyes on each character will not be an issue once you figure out how to make money (I already have most of the major dyes on my main and she is only 67).

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: getcapfly.5064

getcapfly.5064

I actually made a topic about this prior to the suggestion sub-forum four days ago, and eight other people seemed to be in-support.
Thought i would also add, in-case this does get attention, that i also mentioned about other things being acount-wide.
I get that these things are their source of in-come, however, surely if they were to do something like this, then it would entice more people.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Dyes-across-all-characters-perhaps/first#post44180

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I originally brought this up in the players helping players forums a week or so ago. Would be a great idea. I actually can`t see why anyone would be against it, it only benfits everyone. People will still buy the dye packs hoping to get ultra rares.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucky.3870

Lucky.3870

I think that collecting dyes is a major challenge that should fall on each character separately. Account-wide dyes would pretty much ease a process that’s both challenging and fun to accomplish and perhaps some of that blabla about arena.net making money off some gems and dyes.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

Not going to happen, stop asking for it.

Sometimes I wish people would get banned for posting this suggestion over and over and over and over and over again.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet originally planned dyes to be account wide. They changed that during the summer, stating that they thought limiting the selection for each character would provide more individuality across all players and each character.

Some players thought this was camouflage to generate more income from gems (since it would increase demand for dye packs). I disagree: it’s cheaper to buy the dyes you want from the trading post. (Nearly all fine dyes are available for a low price.)

Originally, I was against this idea for most of the reasons stated above (inconvenient, hard to keep track, etc.). Now, I’m a fan: this caused me to think about a design for each character fitting to their role or default appearance.

Also, consider the situation in 3-4 months: everyone is going to naturally acquire dyes and have a substantial fraction unlocked. If GW2 used account-wide dyes, then there would be nothing more to do. I prefer to have minor goals like this that can last a lot longer than a few months or a year.

(On the other hand, I would be interested in being able to use gems to transfer the unlocked dyes from a deleted character to a re-rolled one; starting from scratch in this game is really annoying.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

ANet makes money by selling dyes. Why would they want to cut their profits by making them account wide? Why would you want to cut one their revenue resources? You do understand that the more money get make off GW2 the more development we receive?

Look on your TP, most dyes cost less than 1 silver, only a few cost more than 1 gold.

It is not hard to collect all the dyes. If you are expected to spend 30 gold per piece of order gear, spending about 10 gold to get all the dyes on each character will not be an issue once you figure out how to make money (I already have most of the major dyes on my main and she is only 67).

Who actually buys the dyes with real cash??

I just farm the dyes or make them since I have 400 cooking. Sorry 200 gems is not worth 3 random dyes. Now if they sold some of the rare good ones in shop directly, I might fork over some money to get the exact one I want, but as it is now: I don’t buy dyes, I make or farm them.

That said: I would love account bound ones honestly. Specially for when you are playing a main and then you grow sick of him and want to have that colour on your new main…well sucks, have to rebuy.

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I think that collecting dyes is a major challenge that should fall on each character separately. Account-wide dyes would pretty much ease a process that’s both challenging and fun to accomplish and perhaps some of that blabla about arena.net making money off some gems and dyes.

Please tell me what exactly is challenging about collecting dye? Any mob in the game can drop it and it`s completely random. I wouldn`t even call it fun, it`s just something that natuarally occurs while you play.

Now since the games new the drop rates on dye are pretty high. I don`t think anyone would really ever consider spending gems to get a random dye. Either let me know what I`m buying up front or I won`y buy it at all. But you can bet if I spend 5 bucks or so on a dye I also want it account wide or I will not buy it. Why should I keep spending money over and over for the same thing for different characters?

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I don’t think it’s necessary. Dye is easy to get on the TP.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: BananaMatrix.3702

BananaMatrix.3702

I’m probably in the minority here, buuut~ I kind of like finding dyes, so I’m fine with the fact that with each new character I get to experience the excitement of finding them again

Account-wide Dyes

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I’m probably in the minority here, buuut~ I kind of like finding dyes, so I’m fine with the fact that with each new character I get to experience the excitement of finding them again

Fair enough. Then give the people who do get the dyes another option when consuming them to make it account bound. That way I don`t have to worry about collecting dyes for every single character and you can still get your joy and excitement by finding them all multiple times.