Achievement reward items: postpone decision

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I have a problem with the current achievement reward items process.

Upon opening my chest, I am forced to make a decision about which skin I want.

Right now, I don’t want any of the skins. I may want them later on future characters of mine, but I don’t know yet which weapons they will use. So if I pick any of the weapon skins now, I run the risk of regretting the decision later.

I would much rather postpone the decision until such time that I actually want to use one or several Zenith skins.

I think I will have the same problem (but worse…) with the armour skins when I get my chest for 3000 AP in a few days. The risk of looking back and having taken the wrong decision is even higher, since apparently you have to choose between radiant and hellfire gear and cannot just pick up the other pair of gloves in the next reward segment (the next reward segments will have the shoulers instead).

TL;DR: I don’t know which weapon and armor skins I will want to use in the future, so I shouldn’t be forced to make an uninformed decision right now that I will regret later.

Could this be changed to a ticket system perhaps? Then I would simply place the weapon/armour ticket into my bank and use it to select a skin when I’m ready.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

You just had to click that small button on the right side of the window that pops up when you open the chest ~.~
“Decide later” or something like that.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You just had to click that small button on the right side of the window that pops up when you open the chest ~.~
“Decide later” or something like that.

In which case I get none of the rewards, and the chest remains there forever… I’ve got 5000 AP – are you suggesting that I keep up to 10 separate reward chests on my screen for the next few months? :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Yup, I’m doing the same thing to be honest. I have 5000 aps too x)

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

They are cycling, so pick one now and another later. This system was implemented as a fun reward payout for completing content. I don’t think they should implement an entire new mechanism because you are indecisive.

People will always find something to complain about. Just enjoy your free stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

A ticket system would be awesome.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

A ticket system would be awesome.

this wouldn’t work … right now you choose a skin and can recollect that skin infinite times. If you’d get a ticket, you’d only get a single one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t really see the issue.
You can select everything in time, so why would it matter if you selected the “wrong” item now?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Once you have chosen a skin it gives you one to that character your on AND it puts it into your Achievement panel so that you can give them to other characters. Also as stated above you get more than one of them every few chests. Pick one that you know you want and then pick another later and then pick another one after that and so on and so forth….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I don’t really see the issue.
You can select everything in time, so why would it matter if you selected the “wrong” item now?

as currently known, you can only select 2 of 19. Choosing a single one wrong, is actually horrible (if you like those skins).