Add vendor item to convert dungeon tokens

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Make it cost 250 tokens and give you back a fused token.

Add another item that costs 1 fused token and gives you back 250 normal tokens.

Add both of these to each of the dungeon vendors.

This would save people who run dungeons a lot of strife and wasted bank space.

This would be good practice for every future dungeon collectable as well, and avoids the whole 250 max stack server storage issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Could just increase the stack size of dunegon tokens to 2000 or something, surely?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

They should just add a new bank tab to deposit them in. Don’t know why it’s not implemented already honestly. It’s even there when you right click it, just not available for use.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

They should add a dungeon token tab to the bank so we can bank em like crafting mats and minis. Because each path gives 20-60 tokens a run, the stack sizes should be 1000, not the typical 250. Since they’re account bound, I think this makes a lot of sense, as it will make it easier for multiple characters to access tokens.

Edit: Gnat beat me to it

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Could just increase the stack size of dunegon tokens to 2000 or something, surely?

Apparently not. Apparently due to computing magic making stacks more than 256 items doubles the storage requirement, to the point where you may as well increase the stack size to 65536 items.

In other words it’s inefficient when dealing with hundreds of millions of items.

My suggestion would change the server storage strain by 0.00001%. Comparatively efficient, while still significantly reducing player frustration.

in Suggestions

Posted by: omfgvexer.8705

omfgvexer.8705

i believe they are specifically designed to be maxed at 250 units in order o present a choice to the player, do you want more stacks or do you want more bank space, seems trivial but this can sometimes play an important role, especially when Anet is trying to sell bank slots, you have to remember they need to make money in order to continue developing and supporting the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Hasn’t happened in 6 months so far.
Guess it’s pretty low down the priority list.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I agree! I have 15.000 tokens from COF P1 Speed-zerking. This took up 2 bank tabs. 8 is not enough, so a solution is to convert the tokens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mujtaba.8167

mujtaba.8167

Yeah a bank deposit is a good idea

Warband leader of Battlecry [Bcry]
The leading force in Gunnars hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pew Pew Dont Q Q.5168

Pew Pew Dont Q Q.5168

A bank slot that can hold 10,000 in 1 slot. 250 for a stack is just soo rediculously to low of a number. Its just like in gw1, and even then 250 was still anoying cuz you had your intire inventory full of material stacks cuz no one would buy your crap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

The reason it is 250 is because the data is stored on 1 bit (256 max). However, I know they are working on a gem purchase to increases that number (like +250 collectible stack). Still don’t know the new limit though.

However, I don’t think it would be wise to convert a dungeon token to another because people would just speed farm CoF path 1 for tokens and then convert them. Not happening with the current dungeon system!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The root of the issue is CoF speed farming. That’s why everyone wants more bank space, to blast through CoF more times. No one has thousands of Dredge Manifestos or Tears of Ascalon.

Your solution will come when they solve CoF farm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drage.9816

Drage.9816

You’re wrong I have 4 stack on ascalon tears, and I play this game 2 weeks. I think that “pro players /farmers” have 3-5 characters just for storage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

No, how about instead of asking for tokens to stack a certain way to accommodate extreme farming and hording. Why not suggest that instead they add something to each of the vendors that would make you want to buy that item and let go of the horde. But you have to be careful with the item you pick to put in there it has to have a good enough reason for people would want to do the exchange all the while not flooding the market with an item that would ruin the game economy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

You’re wrong I have 4 stack on ascalon tears, and I play this game 2 weeks. I think that “pro players /farmers” have 3-5 characters just for storage.

That’s true but this is not a solution. It’s improvisation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Relic.7148

Relic.7148

A token tab doesn’t work, you’d still require multiple slots to stick each stack. Multiple stacks of tokens don’t take up a large amount of room. If you have more than 4 stacks, either spend them or stop farming the dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I owuld sugest something else. Instead of getting 60 tokens lets divide all prices in 10 and we will get 6 tokens per run, nad make every bag drop 1 token so you can get up to 9-10 tokens per dungeon. Then 250 would be ok.
Also I love the idea for gatherable spots for tokens in bank.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I partly agree, however, who ever needs more than 2 stacks of dungeon tokens? Sure I’ve got some left over tokens which I can use on alts but really? Who stacks these things into the thousands? If I got too many, I make them into ecto.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto