Additional PvP Modes: Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

PvP Game Mode Suggestions, not in any particular order:

For the ‘Runners and Skirmishers’
1) Capture the flag.
a. Picking up the flag awards a ‘buff’ that awards glory points when the buff expires [if you are still holding the flag after X seconds, glory]. Picking up the flag disables skill bars.
b. Dropping the Flag bearer awards extra glory points.
c. The Flag can never be Stealthed. The players can be stealthed [to drop and run], but the flag itself is always visible.
d. Flags remove speed boosts [traits, boons, etc].
e. Each map has multiple drop-off points, worth more based on their distance from pick-up [and to prevent excessive camping].
f. First team to X points wins.

For the ‘Guilds and Generals’
2) Open-Field Combat
a. Large teams [15 v 15? 20 v 20?].
b. Wide open terrain, minimal jumping/obstructions involved.
c. No points, no flags. Just combat.
d. Dead players revive in the ‘pen’ [centered with a nice view, but inescapable] and can only encourage teammates [skill bar turns to boon/condition shouts, similar to some PvE missions]. No rejoining combat.
e. Glory awarded per kill, Last team standing wins.

For the ‘Duelists and Gentlemen [and Ladies]’
3) The Ring of Honor <— My Favorite idea.
a. Small Teams [5v5?]
b. A ring that has no boundaries, to fall off is fatal. [Spawn above it and jump/fall onto it]
c. No points or flags, but special restrictions: To be ‘Pushed/pulled/knocked-back’ off the ring by an opponent docks the pusher’s team points [dishonorable kill penalty]. To fall off on your own, via dodge or normal movement, costs the team a suicide penalty. No Stealth Revives or Stealth Finishers. Everything is out in the open, and constant.
d. No resurrection timer. To fall off or be defeated, get right back in the ring and rejoin the fight.
e. First team to X points wins.

I, personally, wouldn’t play a lot of capture the flag [despite having a blast with the Snowball Fight], but I would play some Open-Field and a lot of Ring of Honor. Thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Some interesting ideas.
I thought about capture the flag myself.
Remembered me about http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relic_Run

Using body block, knock downs and slows to stop the enemy runner^^

The last one is more like a minigame. like keg brawl.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/More-casual-PVP-modes/first#post1176674
Are my ideas, I like your ideas but the no boundarie ring would be awefully annyoing against some professions that have fear or various knockback skills. I am definitly awatiing some Guild arena though, afterall this is Guild Wars.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alf.9137

Alf.9137

Would love to see a dueling ring/arena where people can duel or fight competetively 1vs1 to 5-5 in key cities.. perhaps this might make other than LA’s a goto place for those people. Imagine if they could have spectators and some form of “betting” that couldn’t be abused.

Fight Pits

Yes, more pvp battleground options would be nice too but as i’m still low level i hope we’ll see more of this in future.