Allow Elementalists to swap between weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: testinga.9108

testinga.9108

Currently, for elementalists to swap between staff and daggers, they have to get out of combat and individually click daggers/staff to swap. I must agree that elementalists should not be allowed to swap weapons in combat, but the current implementation does make it annoying in that where staff is one item, daggers will will be two items, meaning the bags will look messy (the weapons will not be put into the same slot). The generic weapon bag will mean that loot will quickly clog up the weapon bag, and exotic equipment bag from fractals will not work with a legendary weapon.

If elementalists were allowed to swap weapons with a click OUTSIDE of combat, there would be very little advantage that elementalists would gain.
For tpvp, this feature can be disabled so that elementalists will not abuse this feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Every other class needs to drag and drop weapons out of combat to switch between sets as well, I don’t really see it as much of a problem for eles- for example, switching between longbow and sword/horn, GS/axes/

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

As an ele, i strongly agree with the OP.
When I run dungeons I’m always using a staff for the strong support-spells. But sometimes you tire of that when your group proves to be awesome enough to not need the support at some parts. Not being able to think Heh, might as well go S/D on this bit and just do that is quite annoying. I know I could just open my bags and do it, but I’m sure something would realise im slacking and jump up to bite me in the face, which I’d not notice as I’d have my inventory open.

A weaponswap option for out of combat plx.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

Yes! Ironically, I just made a post about this a little while ago. Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks so!

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

All classes, beside the Ele, have the possibility to equip a close-combat and a range-combat weapon(-set). But as Ele you are stuck to choose between between either everything long-, everything medium- or everything short-range.

I want a possibility to equip a mix of long and short range skills and switch between them.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

They said long time ago they were looking into it. I dont know why they haven’t.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExCode.6370

ExCode.6370

I would greatly appreciate in-combat weapon switching. If for no other reason — WvW. I run D/D unless I am attacking/defending towers/keeps. There is nothing more annoying than having to run away from the fight to get out out of combat just so I can change weapons and be more useful.

At the same time, this kind of changes the entire profession because suddenly you have access to an additional 20 abilities on the fly which could more or less throw Elementalists out of balance.

Stef – Guild Leader of Revel [REV] – Blackgate
http://www.revelguild.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Elementalists are so powerful as it stands, with 20 skills in a single weapon set while other classes have 5. I need to say that in-combat weapon switching for Elementalists should be out of the question. I am not averse to an out-of-combat weapon switch for Elementalists and Engineers, however, as a quality of life improvement.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

I have to agree with Rising Dusk. It should definitely be out of the question. It’s completely rediculous to have 40 skills at your disposal; even though it can be frustrating to be locked into one range length when other classes can have two, I think that’s probably the cost of having 20 skills as opposed to the usual 10. We need to be prepared for the fight before it starts. However, it would be nice to be able to be able to prepare quicker. It would also be nice to not have to use bag space for a second weapon set or have to deal with full bags when going from main hand/off hand to staff.

I think even if they only gave this to us while in pve or even just dungeons, it would be an improvement. That’s where I find myself needing it most. I never change weapons or want to while pvping but in dungeons some fights just need to be ranged and others are better for melee. It would be nice to be able to switch a little quicker not only for us but for the entire party.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maligne.6182

Maligne.6182

I really don’t understand the "but you already have 20 skills" argument. Sure, there are a lot of them, but most just look like they’re there to take up space in the skill bar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Being able to weapon swap in combat would be imbalanced in PvP just like adding a 3rd or 4th weapon to other classes would be imbalanced.

It’s not great, but… if you’re a dagger elementalist who wants the option to go ranged you could load Conjure Frost Bow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

You already have the ability to switch between four weapons as it is; that’s not enough? Plus the poster above me brings up a good point about the Conjured Weapons, too!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, but only be allowed to use one attunement.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: IVeracityI.8936

IVeracityI.8936

I think an easier solution to this would be a sort of saved-outfit feature where you could equip different armor/weapon sets at the touch of a button. It’s fast enough to make out-of-combat weapon changing a snap, but doesn’t break their current style at all.

Plus it’d just be handy all around, for those with different armor/weapon sets that they switch through more than just the standard. (IE a S/A+Rifle Warr who occasionally uses Longbow. Or anyone with a MF set.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yeah, but only be allowed to use one attunement.

No, you can switch as you please.

This gives you four sets of five abilities, totaling in 20 abilities.

Any other class that can swap weapons can only reach 10 different abilities total.

Then you add the ability to Conjure weapons on top of that…

Elementalist should never get the ability to swap weapons; they’re the kings of versatility as it is!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

I think an easier solution to this would be a sort of saved-outfit feature where you could equip different armor/weapon sets at the touch of a button. It’s fast enough to make out-of-combat weapon changing a snap, but doesn’t break their current style at all.

Plus it’d just be handy all around, for those with different armor/weapon sets that they switch through more than just the standard. (IE a S/A+Rifle Warr who occasionally uses Longbow. Or anyone with a MF set.)

This. Exactly. Although, I still think it would be easier to just put the alternate weapon slot in and lock it to only out of combat at least for the time being. Half of it’s already done. Something already set up and saved so that I can store 2 weapons sets and switch between them just by hitting a button only out of combat. We can already do that, this change only means we don’t have to open the character panel or bag panel to do it. If you want to restrict it to only pve, that’s perfectly fine too. I can understand why some might feel that such an option in pvp could cause an imbalance, particularly when abused. In my opinion, PvE is the only place we need it.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

ExCode.6370

This. Exactly. Although, I still think it would be easier to just put the alternate weapon slot in and lock it to only out of combat at least for the time being. Half of it’s already done. Something already set up and saved so that I can store 2 weapons sets and switch between them just by hitting a button only out of combat. We can already do that, this change only means we don’t have to open the character panel or bag panel to do it. If you want to restrict it to only pve, that’s perfectly fine too. I can understand why some might feel that such an option in pvp could cause an imbalance, particularly when abused. In my opinion, PvE is the only place we need it.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this because it’d be allowing you to do something you’re already allowed to do (out of combat weapon switching), just a little bit quicker. It’s still annoying to have to run out of combat to intentionally change the weapon, which as I said in my last post is extremely frustrating in WvW, but it would be a nice feature. Personally, I don’t want weapon switching so I have 20 more abilities to use. I want weapon switching because I don’t want to use the weapon I’m switching from anymore. But I know it would be terrible for balance.

This probably sounds a little clumsy, but what about a pre-weapon switch cooldown when not attacking (but you could still be tagged as in-combat). For example, X number of seconds after using your last “skill” before you can switch. This way, you can’t chain all your abilities with one weapon immediately following using all of your abilities from another weapon. That would probably alleviate most if not all of the unfair advantage. The issue here is the timer can’t be too long, otherwise you might as well just run out of combat, but not too short… sounds like there may not be a perfect solution here.

(edited by ExCode.6370)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

I wouldn’t be opposed to this because it’d be allowing you to do something you’re already allowed to do, just a little bit quicker. It’s still annoying to have to run out of combat to intentionally change the weapon, which as I said in my last post is extremely frustrating in WvW.

I think that’s the point. It ISN’T something you can already do. In order to do it now, you have to run out of combat to switch the weapon. This would be a balance change because it would allow Eles to switch weapons in the heat of a battle. They’d have to rebalance the whole class around that. It’s simply hard to balance a class that can effectively have 40 skills on their skillbar, instead of the 10 that most classes get.

Sorry, but I feel like the reasoning behind not giving weapon swapping to Elementalists and Engineers is sound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: testinga.9108

testinga.9108

I wouldn’t be opposed to this because it’d be allowing you to do something you’re already allowed to do, just a little bit quicker. It’s still annoying to have to run out of combat to intentionally change the weapon, which as I said in my last post is extremely frustrating in WvW.

I think that’s the point. It ISN’T something you can already do. In order to do it now, you have to run out of combat to switch the weapon. This would be a balance change because it would allow Eles to switch weapons in the heat of a battle. They’d have to rebalance the whole class around that. It’s simply hard to balance a class that can effectively have 40 skills on their skillbar, instead of the 10 that most classes get.

Sorry, but I feel like the reasoning behind not giving weapon swapping to Elementalists and Engineers is sound.

I believe what the previous person was saying is that you can currently change weapons OUTSIDE of combat. The change I suggested was being able to easily swap weapons OUTSIDE of combat. Therefore, this change makes something that is possible right now (changing weapons OUTSIDE of combat) a little easier.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

I believe what the previous person was saying is that you can currently change weapons OUTSIDE of combat. The change I suggested was being able to easily swap weapons OUTSIDE of combat. Therefore, this change makes something that is possible right now (changing weapons OUTSIDE of combat) a little easier.

Gotcha, somehow I missed that point while reading your OP. I agree that this wouldn’t be bad, can’t see why it would hurt.

in Suggestions

ExCode.6370

Maybe I was mistaken, but the language in the suggestion of a saved outfit feature included “It’s fast enough to make out-of-combat weapon changing a snap, but doesn’t break their current style at all”… so it is out of combat weapon switching (which you can already do, you just have to open up inventory and/or Hero panel) which is what I was referring to.

I completely agree that simply giving us immediate weapon switching ability in-combat would break our balance, we’re just trying to look at other alternatives to make things a bit easier. A saved-outfit feature would be warm welcomed, but out of combat only of course. Then I could also change my armor even quicker if I wanted.

Edit: Didn’t see the response above me. Thanks.

(edited by ExCode.6370)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I’m not against it, but I also feel the 4 -elemetnals they can swich between each with their own loadout and benifits was actually ahead of the classes that can only switch 2 weapons. If I had a request it would be get rid of all the weapon swap cool downs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I’m not against it, but I also feel the 4 -elemetnals they can swich between each with their own loadout and benifits was actually ahead of the classes that can only switch 2 weapons. If I had a request it would be get rid of all the weapon swap cool downs.

Yes thier ability to swap between the elements is equal to other professions swapping weapons.

A possible fix would be to at least allow the elementalist eqiup it like the other pofessions ccanbut still lock out the swap during combat. This would at least reduce the swap time once out of combat

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

As long as it is only out of combat, but then the same logic should apply to all professions really. We all get a second weapon set that can swap when out of combat, so we don’t have to carry various weapons in our bags and swap to them quickly before a boss or something. I would love a questline to get these bags though, and not just buy them :/ we need more adventure. (Same for traits, mobile trait swapping for even the same price would be awesome as a quest line item for level 80’s.)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Agreed. Not having an out-of-combat weapon swap is a hassle. Notably the loss of bag space and inability to easily switch strategy (long range vs short range, etc.).

It’s not always easy to get out of combat to switch weapons in the first place, especially in areas with high mob density/respawn rate or if you’re unlucky getting conditions you can’t remove. (Side note: Conditions shouldn’t keep you in combat after the applier has died, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.)

Simply ‘running out of combat’ isn’t always feasible and considering you have to take your eye off your surroundings long enough to open up your bags and equip different weapons it’s more likely you’ll end up in combat again before you can.

I’d support an out-of-combat weapon swap for engineers as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

- ele’s got 4 weapon swaps already

- if you want to swap weapons , then they should put a 35 sec recharge on attunment swapping
( your chose , fast attunement swapping or second weapon swap? you cant have both or it unbalances an already on the edge of OP character in pvp)

- i could live with the out of combat switch in pve ( definitely Not in pvp )

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Here we go again….(prepare for a rant & a half

;p)

First off, yes Anet said they were going to keep

an eye on this, but this was during beta & that

was what, eight or so months ago?
Not heard a dicky bird since then.

Zoooooooooom _@/ (<— that`s a snail, just fyi

;p)

Anyway, here goes deep breath

No, conjured weapons are not even close

enough to decent to count. Having to use up a

valuable skill slot for an extremely short

timed/cast weapon is not acceptable. Their

damage, even after last buff, is still laughable.

Oh, Frost bow you say? Cast/travel time that is

as bad as Longbow on Rangers (circle strafing

that still makes me cackle!), with a 900 Range.

MEH!

Ele` would be OP with 40 skills you say? What

40 skills. Attunement swapping has a lengthy

enough CD already that would prevent

anything silly/OP, along with GCDs making

this a null point.

Ah, but what about combo fields you say?
So? Mesmer can do combo fields & swap

weapons & utilise them.
Fairly sure others can do so also…
Also the fact that it`d be both short & easily

avoidable & again, Attunement swapping

would stop majority of anything strong.

Elementalist is THE ONLY profession that is

forced into either melee or range.
Loads of times I`ve been stuck on/below some

WvWs wall or the WvWs puzzle as D/D &

stood /twiddling. Same in Arah story,, got on

the zep, tried to switch to staff & got hit, one

dagger is insta-death.

Fair few times I`ve used staff (which I tend to

refuse to nowadays), gone to switch back to

D/D, been hit half way through swapping & am

either left with sod all or just one dagger

equipped.

(This game needs a huge fix re:stuck in

combat. Plenty of times I & the enemy haven`t

hit or been hit for mintues on end, but just

because we`re in the vicinity after having been

hit, we`re screwed over.)

Weapon swap out of combat is acceptable, but

only IF/WHEN they fix stuck in combat.

The solution is easy.

Give Ele` weapon spaces just like everyone

else has.
Placement 1: D/D or S/F or S/D.
Placement 2: Staff (nothing else fits here).
Put a lengthy CD on it, anything from 30-60

seconds (& that is pushing extremes!)
Even use this CD when out of combat.

See how easy that was?

If they want to keep sPvP/tPvP the way it is,

they already have that in game where things in

there aren`t affected by things in the rest of

Tyria.

Anet, feel free to employ me ;p

See y`all in the pub..,.hic!

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Here we go again….(prepare for a rant & a half

;p)

First off, yes Anet said they were going to keep

an eye on this, but this was during beta & that

was what, eight or so months ago?
Not heard a dicky bird since then.

Zoooooooooom _@/ (<— that`s a snail, just fyi

;p)

Anyway, here goes deep breath

No, conjured weapons are not even close

enough to decent to count. Having to use up a

valuable skill slot for an extremely short

timed/cast weapon is not acceptable. Their

damage, even after last buff, is still laughable.

Oh, Frost bow you say? Cast/travel time that is

as bad as Longbow on Rangers (circle strafing

that still makes me cackle!), with a 900 Range.

MEH!

Ele` would be OP with 40 skills you say? What

40 skills. Attunement swapping has a lengthy

enough CD already that would prevent

anything silly/OP, along with GCDs making

this a null point.

Ah, but what about combo fields you say?
So? Mesmer can do combo fields & swap

weapons & utilise them.
Fairly sure others can do so also…
Also the fact that it`d be both short & easily

avoidable & again, Attunement swapping

would stop majority of anything strong.

Elementalist is THE ONLY profession that is

forced into either melee or range.
Loads of times I`ve been stuck on/below some

WvWs wall or the WvWs puzzle as D/D &

stood /twiddling. Same in Arah story,, got on

the zep, tried to switch to staff & got hit, one

dagger is insta-death.

Fair few times I`ve used staff (which I tend to

refuse to nowadays), gone to switch back to

D/D, been hit half way through swapping & am

either left with sod all or just one dagger

equipped.

(This game needs a huge fix re:stuck in

combat. Plenty of times I & the enemy haven`t

hit or been hit for mintues on end, but just

because we`re in the vicinity after having been

hit, we`re screwed over.)

Weapon swap out of combat is acceptable, but

only IF/WHEN they fix stuck in combat.

The solution is easy.

Give Ele` weapon spaces just like everyone

else has.
Placement 1: D/D or S/F or S/D.
Placement 2: Staff (nothing else fits here).
Put a lengthy CD on it, anything from 30-60

seconds (& that is pushing extremes!)
Even use this CD when out of combat.

See how easy that was?

If they want to keep sPvP/tPvP the way it is,

they already have that in game where things in

there aren`t affected by things in the rest of

Tyria.

Anet, feel free to employ me ;p
kitten I need alcohol!!
See y`all in the pub..,.hic!

Before you rant like a little child, ele can have both, you just don’t like to try. Scepter is ranged, dagger is close up, you can have both on you at same time. Asking for in-combat swapping is unfair as hell, you get 4 attunements which is already 2 more than any other profession. Out-of combat I can see as fair but that should apply to all professions. If you get stuck in combat, thats your problem and everyone has that same issue if they wana swap. Combo fields and weapon swap? Ele can do the same, read the description on your some of your skills you jibbering kitten. No secondary weapon no matter the cooldown on ele would be fair, thats just giving them way more options than a profession should be allowed (60 seconds really isn’t that long in combat)

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

First off, wrongly assumed I haven`t tried other weapons, it even says in my rant that I have used others.
Scroll up & read again, or better still, make an Ele` & try it out in pvp, pve or wtk you want.
Attunements have sod all to do with range & as for “you get 4 attunements which is already 2 more than any other profession.” What!? No other profession has attunements, let alone two less, so I`ve (just like you) no idea wtk you`re going on about here
“If you get stuck in combat, thats your problem and everyone has that same issue if they wana swap.”.
Lol no! The CD on weapon swap for every other profession is what, 8 seconds once in combat, Zero when out? That means it`s a mere 8 or so seconds kiting & that player can go range again, or melee, their choice.
So you`re saying that the fix for every Ele`, is that they MUST go S/F or S/D to make up for lack of range/melee? hahahahaha
“Combo fields and weapon swap? Ele can do the same, read the description on your some of your skills you jibbering kitten.”
I know that already, nowhere did I say Ele` couldn`t, again, I even posted about the fact that Ele` CAN do combo fields, but everyone & their muppet says it`ll make Ele` OP. It won`t due to attunement & skill CDs of which I also stated in my post.

Hmm, Jibbering kitten. I hope that pet becomes gem store item ;D

Seriously though (more so), anyone that hasn`t got an Ele`, make one, skills level fast, go into WvWs & run with the zerg or go roaming & you`ll see exactly why this is required.
Plus side, you`ve a bank alt, also you`ll learn how/what they run like & how to counter D/D easier, because Staff & S/Anything is a free road kill.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

in Suggestions

Posted by: Litego.4953

Litego.4953

The weapon switching system in general could need a change. IMO we should have access to the different weapon builds we like with a push of a button without having to open the bags on any class.

A build feature would be nice, where we bind builds to maybe F5-F12. A build would contain your armor, jewels and weapons, including weapon switch. So that you can have for example Greatsword/Hammer on F5 and Dual sword/long bow on F6 etc..

A switch weapon button should also be added to Elementalist and Engineer that is restricted to out of combat so that they don’t have to make entire builds just for weapon swapping between two weapons as everyone else can do so easily.

Then add a feature to hide soulbond items from the vendor so you don’t accidentally sell them when you switch builds. I know you can do this through bag management with invisible bags and stuff, but that system is not good enough because when you change an item it will not go in the invisible bag.

I’m sure there are better ways of implementing this then what I just suggested, I did not put a lot of thought into it, so obviously it can be much improved. But it would be an improvement on what we already have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I propose a modified version: allow all classes to define any number of out-of-combat sets they like.

For consistency in the game interface, you could let those professions (read: most) which can in-combat swap simply designate a second set out of the larger set to be used for in-combat swapping. The primary in-combat set would be whatever set is currently selected.

When out-of-combat, ~ cycles between all weapon sets. When in-combat, ~ only cycles between the designated sets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

i Disagree hugely beyond wow and beyond. do you realize how impossible it would be to balance a elementalist that has 4 elements already?! or you think all other classes should get 4 elements to switch between aswell?

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

elemetalist should not be the only ones to get it, either all classes get and extra (or multiple extras) out of combat weapon switch or noone do.

And really ele’s complaining about weapons taking up space… you got like 4 different weapons (so that 4 spaces to be fair as you likely need 2 daggers)… both my mesmer and thief runs around with like 10 slots used for alternative weapon types…, wont even think about what warriors need… ele and engi are the 2 classes using the least bag space for weps, yet somehow the only ones complaining about it…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

fine just give ele’s in combat weapon swap and remove the ability to change attunements in combat. Sounds fair to me.

Now if anet were to add a simple quick slot bar for ALL classes that players could choose to add food/weapons/consumables/alt gear/whatever so you can swap (when allowed by the existing rules) without having to open your inventory and wade around it in, I’d be all for it.

AR

(edited by Catisa.6507)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Yes thier ability to swap between the elements is equal to other professions swapping weapons.

A possible fix would be to at least allow the elementalist eqiup it like the other pofessions ccanbut still lock out the swap during combat. This would at least reduce the swap time once out of combat

That sounds good, in fact I’d like you to be able to swap between say 4 different weapons sets (all classes) when out of combat. Perhaps take that even into utility/elite loadouts to.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

First off, wrongly assumed I haven`t tried other weapons, it even says in my rant that I have used others.
Scroll up & read again, or better still, make an Ele` & try it out in pvp, pve or wtk you want.
Attunements have sod all to do with range & as for “you get 4 attunements which is already 2 more than any other profession.” What!? No other profession has attunements, let alone two less, so I`ve (just like you) no idea wtk you`re going on about here
“If you get stuck in combat, thats your problem and everyone has that same issue if they wana swap.”.
Lol no! The CD on weapon swap for every other profession is what, 8 seconds once in combat, Zero when out? That means it`s a mere 8 or so seconds kiting & that player can go range again, or melee, their choice.
So you`re saying that the fix for every Ele`, is that they MUST go S/F or S/D to make up for lack of range/melee? hahahahaha
“Combo fields and weapon swap? Ele can do the same, read the description on your some of your skills you jibbering kitten.”
I know that already, nowhere did I say Ele` couldn`t, again, I even posted about the fact that Ele` CAN do combo fields, but everyone & their muppet says it`ll make Ele` OP. It won`t due to attunement & skill CDs of which I also stated in my post.

Hmm, Jibbering kitten. I hope that pet becomes gem store item ;D

Seriously though (more so), anyone that hasn`t got an Ele`, make one, skills level fast, go into WvWs & run with the zerg or go roaming & you`ll see exactly why this is required.
Plus side, you`ve a bank alt, also you`ll learn how/what they run like & how to counter D/D easier, because Staff & S/Anything is a free road kill.

Attunements are the ele form of “weapon swap”, weapon swap sigils still work for changing attunements if I recall so it is the same mechanic with a different name. Stuck in combat we can’t swap out of our current weapon set. Lets say I run in a boss fight with d/d and sb. Well turns out it is a single target so if i want ranged I’d rather pick p/p or something since sb single target is laughable. If I enter combat, and try to switch that sb out its the same thing. Almost any profession out there will have atleast 1 extra set of weapons or extra weapon to adjust to various situations, and if they are “stuck in combat” its the same situation. If you really, really need both ranged and melee out-of-combat swapping for ele and engineer would be perfectly acceptable in pve or just pick 2 1hand weapons that offer that. and saying 40 skills wouldn’t be op, I don’t think you read that statement out loud to yourself. If you watch “good” or decent elementalists who use d/d or s/d you will see how powerful they can be by plating a combo field, swapping attuenments, then utilizing it… no penalty at all for ele unless your reaction time is just that slow.

in Suggestions

Fishbait.6723

Struggled with that wall of text. Paragraphs etc are good things
The little I did grasp was sigils. Yep, those`ll go active on attunements & weapon swap, but are on a CD of their own & due to Ele` needing to attunement swap all the time, it`s unlikely that actual weapon swapping would make any difference.

And there you still make my point.
You can still have D/D & Shortbow. Damage may be crap with SB (only tried Thief during beta, don`t recall much of their damage), but at least you have range.

Have you made the Ele` yet?

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

I watch my brother play his ele, very closely. Plus I read up on the majority of their traits/weapon skills. It is how the profession is, unique. Maybe some look at 20 weapon skills of melee only as bad, but try fighting a d/d elementalists with d/d thief. I have, we couldn’t kill one another.

[Indent] Now I can’t say that 1 moment is valid across the game but still, I didn’t feel like either him/her or me were over powered or lacking any skill selection/mobility. I may not have made my own elementalists but I do pay attention to playstyles of many professions and I see nothing wrong with elementalists atm. You’re either horrifying burst damage or massive AoE. Thief is either small aoe, or high burst no matter how they try to build (speaking in direct damage). Not all professions are gana be the same, fact. Out-of-combat weapon sets would be awesome for all professions including engineer and elementalists but in combat, its fine as is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Just think of switching attunements as weapon swapping. I like the idea of the weapon swap for eles, but having 40 weapon-based skills at my disposal is a little much. Elementalist is my favorite class, though.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

I don’t get why you shouldn’t be allowed to swap in combat. I’m sure this has been suggested before but it’s a very easy fix. When you swap weapons in combat as an ele make attunements have the same cooldown as weapon swap upon swapping. That way you can’t be in air staff and then swap to dagger/dagger earth.

in Suggestions

Litego.4953

i Disagree hugely beyond wow and beyond. do you realize how impossible it would be to balance a elementalist that has 4 elements already?! or you think all other classes should get 4 elements to switch between aswell?

Uhh, they already do… Except they’re not called elements, just weapon skills. Well Elementalist have access to 40 skills on land, Warriors have access to 39. Wow, one skill difference, how unfair! This is about out of combat, you can already switch weapons quick by going into your inventory, all this is is convenience. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with balance.

I could just write a script to do this for me (completely legal), and I might in fact do it too if ANet does not implement a feature like this.

elemetalist should not be the only ones to get it, either all classes get and extra (or multiple extras) out of combat weapon switch or noone do.

And really ele’s complaining about weapons taking up space… you got like 4 different weapons (so that 4 spaces to be fair as you likely need 2 daggers)… both my mesmer and thief runs around with like 10 slots used for alternative weapon types…, wont even think about what warriors need… ele and engi are the 2 classes using the least bag space for weps, yet somehow the only ones complaining about it…

It’s not about bag space, it’s about convenience. Dagger/dagger plays completely different from staff and has other advantages. I am a Warrior main, and I want this on my elementalist. Though I agree, a system should be put in place that would work for everyone. Ideally you should be able to switch to any weapon build on any class with a click of a button, without having to go into your inventory and look for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

It’s not about bag space, it’s about convenience. Dagger/dagger plays completely different from staff and has other advantages. I am a Warrior main, and I want this on my elementalist. Though I agree, a system should be put in place that would work for everyone. Ideally you should be able to switch to any weapon build on any class with a click of a button, without having to go into your inventory and look for it.

read the whole thread again and you notice quite a few ppl bringing bagspace up as an argument, (not all no, but still quite a few does)

in Suggestions

ATMAvatar.5749

read the whole thread again and you notice quite a few ppl bringing bagspace up as an argument, (not all no, but still quite a few does)

I don’t see that many people talking about bag space. In fact, a quick find-in-page revealed two people aside from you mentioned it at all, and neither of them made it a core part of their request.

The aggravation is having to fish through your bags to change weapons. It gets worse when you want to swap from staff to one of our main/off combos (D/D, D/F, S/D, S/F), because the second weapon won’t take up a slot next to the first unless you take the time to constantly maintain your bag slots.

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

I don’t see that many people talking about bag space. In fact, a quick find-in-page revealed two people aside from you mentioned it at all, and neither of them made it a core part of their request.

The aggravation is having to fish through your bags to change weapons. It gets worse when you want to swap from staff to one of our main/off combos (D/D, D/F, S/D, S/F), because the second weapon won’t take up a slot next to the first unless you take the time to constantly maintain your bag slots.

And how is that any different when I need to swap from GS & specter/focus to GS & scepter/pistol?
AS I said above, ALL classes need an addition to the UI for quickslots for weapon swapping or consumables or minis or whatever the player wants to put in there. Stop trying to fix one class when all classes go through the same issues.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Was just saying this last night in WvW. Going into the hero menu to swap range weapons is annoying. Not to mention, blanks out the screen and I was blind sided. No other class has an issue like this.

For the inventory issue, yes, that can be annoying too! Since I’m still a baby Ele, drops can get mixed in with my gear. When I get to 80 and have exotics, it won’t be as much an issue. But, as of right now, it’s an issue. When you go to grab your staff and have to quickly pick out of 3 drops, all the while blindly running and being chased by a zerg

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Litego.4953

I got an idea. What if every class instead of having two weapon slots + switch we have a weapon slot for every weapon the class can carry.

Then we add 2-5 build slots each containing two weapon slots + switch that we can easily swap between while out of combat with a click of a button, or a keybind. In the weapon slots of your builds you choose what kind of weapon you want there. So if you choose a Sword and Shield, this build will contain the Sword and Shield from your general Sword and Shield slots which would be shared between all builds. So when you change the weapon in a slot, it will automatically change for every build using it because they all use the same weapons.

To make it more attractive for ANet to put this in, they can add the option on the Black Market to buy more build slots, you’ll still be able to always carry all of your different weapon types though, you just won’t have the ability to use every single combination at once without paying a little for it. Though it would still be easier to switch than it is now.

This would free bag space for everyone, especially classes with lots of weapons. It would allow for easier weapon switching without the inventory mess and accidental weapon sales. And it would make ANet some more profit. The only downside is that it would not allow for having a tanky sword and a DPS sword, that would still require inventory management.

in Suggestions

ATMAvatar.5749

And how is that any different when I need to swap from GS & specter/focus to GS & scepter/pistol?
AS I said above, ALL classes need an addition to the UI for quickslots for weapon swapping or consumables or minis or whatever the player wants to put in there. Stop trying to fix one class when all classes go through the same issues.

It isn’t, which is precisely why you’ll notice my comment above asking it be done for all weapon combinations across all professions, much like Litego just did.

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

I got an idea. What if every class instead of having two weapon slots + switch we have a weapon slot for every weapon the class can carry.

Then we add 2-5 build slots each containing two weapon slots + switch that we can easily swap between while out of combat with a click of a button, or a keybind. In the weapon slots of your builds you choose what kind of weapon you want there. So if you choose a Sword and Shield, this build will contain the Sword and Shield from your general Sword and Shield slots which would be shared between all builds. So when you change the weapon in a slot, it will automatically change for every build using it because they all use the same weapons.

To make it more attractive for ANet to put this in, they can add the option on the Black Market to buy more build slots, you’ll still be able to always carry all of your different weapon types though, you just won’t have the ability to use every single combination at once without paying a little for it. Though it would still be easier to switch than it is now.

This would free bag space for everyone, especially classes with lots of weapons. It would allow for easier weapon switching without the inventory mess and accidental weapon sales. And it would make ANet some more profit. The only downside is that it would not allow for having a tanky sword and a DPS sword, that would still require inventory management.

Yes, several people have mentioned this as an option. Although I don’t think anyone’s mentioned putting it as an option in the gem store for purchase.

Clearly, something needs to be done for so many people to be talking about it. This is just 1 of 4 different threads on the topic in the last few days. Three of them were made, specifically asking for this for elementalists and all of them have others vying for their classes to recieve this option too. Obviously, it’s a problem that needs some fixing. I don’t know or claim to know about other classes because I haven’t played them extensively, but for elementalists, I feel like this is a must. Every other class has 2 weapon set options already (except engineers) and yes, we don’t have access to nearly as many weapons as some of the other classes but enough to warrant it I think. We have 5 weapon sets: staff, d/d, s/d, s/f, and d/f. Thieves only have one more than us and they can swap.

Perhaps other classes do need the ability to swap between more than just two weapons (outside combat), however that’s not something that is in the game already. Swapping between two weapon sets is and it’s a small step towards other classes getting such a thing for more than two weapon sets. Supposing this actually happened for elementalists, it would set a precedent for creating more out-of-combat weapon swap options in the future.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

Swapping between two weapon sets is and it’s a small step towards other classes getting such a thing for more than two weapon sets.

Ele’s have 40 different weapon skills with a single weapon. Other classes have 20 different weapon skills with weapon swapping. Ele’s are already 20 skills ahead. Ele gets weapon swap then all other classes should get 20 more weapon skills useable in combat.

AR

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

Swapping between two weapon sets is and it’s a small step towards other classes getting such a thing for more than two weapon sets.

Ele’s have 40 different weapon skills with a single weapon. Other classes have 20 different weapon skills with weapon swapping. Ele’s are already 20 skills ahead. Ele gets weapon swap then all other classes should get 20 more weapon skills useable in combat.

For starters, I’m not sure where you’re getting your math. Assuming you’re only counting weapon skills, there’s only 5 per weapon/attunement. So 5 × 4 attunements = 20. We have 20, other classes have 10. (5 × 2 weapons) Even if you’re counting the utility skills, that’s only 25 and 15.

Secondly, while some were asking for in-combat swapping, I am not in that camp. I am of the opinion that such a thing would be completely rediculous. I’m merely asking for out-of-combat switching. It’s the same function as the other classes in-combat weapon swap except it’s restricted to out-of-combat.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows