Allow access to uninstanced Home districts..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Hi Anet!

This is a request from a Role-player… and I think its a really simple one…. Please allow us to have un-instanced access to the Home areas in the major cities!!

I don’t think it would take too much effort. All that would be required (For some areas) is to Just remove the Doors blocking the entrance to the area, and let us walk past the “Enter this Instance.” This would allow us to stay in the open world, and have access to some areas that are really great for Role-playing.

For example, the Hospital in Salma District, the Farhar in Hero’s Canton, or the lab equipment in Applied Development Lab…

Please, this would make RPing in the cities so much better, open and inclusive if we didn’t have to go into instances just to visit these areas. It would also have ZERO negative effect on anyone in the game.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I never understood what the home instances were good for in the first place. Why do they have to be instanced? Anybody know?

in Suggestions

Posted by: PrimalFear.4126

PrimalFear.4126

The home instance was said to be the location of your personal housing when it is implemented. Since every person will have their own player home and will use the same area you can see the complications.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

And what’s the point of player housing if I can’t bring home a friend, or share a house with my family?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

The home instance was said to be the location of your personal housing when it is implemented. Since every person will have their own player home and will use the same area you can see the complications.

What this guy said.

And what’s the point of player housing if I can’t bring home a friend, or share a house with my family?

Anyone who is in your group and in the same zone can enter your personal instance. This includes personal story and your home instance.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I never understood what the home instances were good for in the first place. Why do they have to be instanced? Anybody know?

Different characters from your personal story take up residence in your home instance. It’s a reflection of the choices you made, therefore it needs to be instanced so that when you enter it’s loaded up with your settings.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Hi Anet!

This is a request from a Role-player… and I think its a really simple one…. Please allow us to have un-instanced access to the Home areas in the major cities!!

I don’t think it would take too much effort. All that would be required (For some areas) is to Just remove the Doors blocking the entrance to the area, and let us walk past the “Enter this Instance.” This would allow us to stay in the open world, and have access to some areas that are really great for Role-playing.

For example, the Hospital in Salma District, the Farhar in Hero’s Canton, or the lab equipment in Applied Development Lab…

Please, this would make RPing in the cities so much better, open and inclusive if we didn’t have to go into instances just to visit these areas. It would also have ZERO negative effect on anyone in the game.

i’ll be brutally honest here. the vast majority of MMO companies don’t care about roleplayers whatsoever. oh sure, they’ll say that they do, but they’re flat out lying to our faces. they have to keep up appearances, so that RPers will keep forking over cash, so they give us a tiny handful of nonsensical emotes and then ignored entirely for the rest of the game’s lifespan. and GW2 is the perfect example of that pattern. we’re in a fantasy setting, and given dances from modern pop culture, and a few other basic emotes. chairs don’t work. beds don’t work. the home instance never worked properly, and has been ignored entirely. guild housing, put into the “maybe” pile (by “maybe” i mean, don’t hold your breath)

asking for anything that will benefits roleplayers is a lost cause. at best, they’ll say “we really do care about RPers!” and then….. nothing. they’ll even send a representative to a guild summit to push that lie (and already actually have). it’s all smoke and mirrors. just deception to keep the cash flowing in with zero progress to make good on it.

after a certain point, their words lose all value, and already have a long long time ago. don’t expect them to ever do anything to benefit roleplayers, because no how matter how many time they say they care, their actions (or complete lack thereof) prove that they don’t.

it isn’t just GW2 either. all of the other MMO’s i’ve played in have followed the exact same pattern. at best, we’ll get some insignificant and utterly useless token gesture once a year, and then told to go back under our rocks and shut the hell up. nothing that actually benefits roleplayers will ever be in this game, despite all of the lies they try to feed us.

while it may sound harsh, it really is the truth. it’s not a pessimistic view, it’s a realistic one. and here’s the kicker, this post will most likely be deleted and i’ll get an infraction simply for being honest.

(edited by Phantom.8130)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

I say DONT make them instances make a limited number of houses in each city Noblemen, Rich, Midddle Class, Working class, poor house in each city Tack em on etc.

Create a market, you wanna house fork of the gold. Start a relistate market in the game.

Craft furniture, buy it. Get quest reward decorations to add and customize. Craft em buy em, win em games. Invite people over, higher servets build a safe etc. Why not man. Who wouldn’t want a player house. Maybe a guild could pitch in a buy a big house and make it Guild House Whatevea’s. You could even add names from your contact list for entry etc.

I like the idea of personal houses.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

Hi Anet!

try D&D neverwinter it was made by fans with the support of a staff. For players by players free to play mmoprg with unlimited user added content dungeons, and dungeon editors etc. It’ feels way to much like D&D as your creating your character, but the game play is HIGH paced action packed and really fun. If they had the kind of resources arenanet did for gw2 it would be getting a lot more hype than it is now.

i’ll be brutally honest here. the vast majority of MMO companies don’t care about roleplayers whatsoever. oh sure, they’ll say that they do, but they’re flat out lying to our faces. they have to keep up appearances, so that RPers will keep forking over cash, so they give us a tiny handful of nonsensical emotes and then ignored entirely for the rest of the game’s lifespan. and GW2 is the perfect example of that pattern. we’re in a fantasy setting, and given dances from modern pop culture, and a few other basic emotes. chairs don’t work. beds don’t work. the home instance never worked properly, and has been ignored entirely. guild housing, put into the “maybe” pile (by “maybe” i mean, don’t hold your breath)

asking for anything that will benefits roleplayers is a lost cause. at best, they’ll say “we really do care about RPers!” and then….. nothing. they’ll even send a representative to a guild summit to push that lie (and already actually have). it’s all smoke and mirrors. just deception to keep the cash flowing in with zero progress to make good on it.

after a certain point, their words lose all value, and already have a long long time ago. don’t expect them to ever do anything to benefit roleplayers, because no how matter how many time they say they care, their actions (or complete lack thereof) prove that they don’t.

it isn’t just GW2 either. all of the other MMO’s i’ve played in have followed the exact same pattern. at best, we’ll get some insignificant and utterly useless token gesture once a year, and then told to go back under our rocks and shut the hell up. nothing that actually benefits roleplayers will ever be in this game, despite all of the lies they try to feed us.

while it may sound harsh, it really is the truth. it’s not a pessimistic view, it’s a realistic one. and here’s the kicker, this post will most likely be deleted and i’ll get an infraction simply for being honest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Different characters from your personal story take up residence in your home instance. It’s a reflection of the choices you made, therefore it needs to be instanced so that when you enter it’s loaded up with your settings.

I’m not saying don’t have an instanced location at all, what I am saying is, remove the door blocking the entrance, so that you can go up to it, and trigger your instance, or you can go past it and stay in the open; world with other players.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Hi Anet!

try D&D neverwinter it was made by fans with the support of a staff. For players by players free to play mmoprg with unlimited user added content dungeons, and dungeon editors etc. It’ feels way to much like D&D as your creating your character, but the game play is HIGH paced action packed and really fun. If they had the kind of resources arenanet did for gw2 it would be getting a lot more hype than it is now.

It’s not that they don’t care, it’s that they don’t want to do extra work to appease what is, at best, a minority crowd. The amount of work involved in making every chair, table, and bed an interactive object is mind boggling. It may work in smaller scale single player and console games, but I don’t see it being feasible in an MMO.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

The housing instances I believe failed in some way as I’ve heard Anet plans to create new more intimate housing, that will reflect the character/players accomplishments. The failure is that they don’t reflect your accomplishments enough and feel too impersonal.

Maybe I’m missing something but you can /sit on chairs or /sleep on beds already.

I doubt Anet will just remove the doors as that would take away part of the area they spent time designing and to redesign them would cost money even if it was a single individual. And letting you walk through them would kind of break down the whole immersion into the game world but heck I wouldn’t really care if they did that.