agree
happens to me all the time
what i do to counter these is use previous and next target’s bottons

An option to disable right click targeting

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoShamBo.2618

RoShamBo.2618

I’m gutted!

When you see some of the highly situational and trivial things that have been addressed in this patch you have to wonder what is wrong with the people in charge of this game that something that is so fundamentally flawed in the game’s core control mechanism is ignored.

Forever posting in legendary threads!

(edited by RoShamBo.2618)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I’m amazed that it’s taken so long to address this issue. It’s the closest thing to a game breaker I’ve seen in GW2 so far.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

One of the issues right click targeting causes happens at the entrance of the Ascalonian Catacombs. Sometimes people accidentally activate coffins while turning, since it’s a confined space and one may have to turn a lot, especially when pushed against the wall, as you’ll end up seeing your character’s nape if you get any close to any obtacle.

There was probably people activating them on purpose, but all the times I played AC, all where accidental. Because they didn’t know what would happen when you activate them, or because they didn’t read the label and though it was loot (why in the 666 layers of the abyss use and loot buttons have the same color?) or unintentionally activated them with right click.

I found it kind of funny, I found it kind of sad, when they made it so you can’t open more when the fight is done, addressing a rare situation there, but didn’t address accidental activations, which happen more often.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZeRen.7265

ZeRen.7265

This is my last contribution on this forum, as I can see Its waste of time, Anet dont care what players want (150 replies!)

left and right mouse button do the same thing , who the hell could do so stupid thing?!

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

150+ replies on this thread only. There are many more threads that are highlighting this same issue and many more threads than those highlighting the symptoms of the problem where the poster does not realise that the right mouse button functionality is the actual cause of the problem.

I can’t understand why this issue is not being addressed. If ANet are happy with the situation and don’t believe this is an issue then please let us know so we can stop wasting our time with these posts and go and play a game that lets you control your character properly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

I am so disappointed, there must be fix to this upcome.

I dont play for a gear, i play for a gameplay. Why to keep this undone. Gameplay and controls are not good right now.

I want to play with real feel and enjoy gameplay, now i just cant do that. You need extra moves always when you lose target by accidental. It annoys only. You cant relax and play.

Edit: I did send this thread to Support and send a feedback. I made a support account. Ill inform if any replies to come. You can do the same, to get this fixed finally. Ty.

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

(edited by Patu.9827)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barpat.3516

Barpat.3516

I am so disappointed, there must be fix to this upcome.

I dont play for a gear, i play for a gameplay. Why to keep this undone. Gameplay and controls are not good right now.

I want to play with real feel and enjoy gameplay, now i just cant do that. You need extra moves always when you lose target by accidental. It annoys only. You cant relax and play.

Edit: I did send this thread to Support and send a feedback. I made a support account. Ill inform if any replies to come. You can do the same, to get this fixed finally. Ty.

Totally agree. It’s very sad that this is still undone.

What I do when I attack a mob, even if I am alone:

1) Target it.
2) Mark it.
3) Turn the camera with RMB.
4) Hit my “target marked mob” key.
5) Hit the skill I want.
6) Repeat 3 to 5, tons of times.

I am having the habit to spam the 4 step, but still I waste some skills on a wrong target.

When I am alone it is manageable, really irritating still.

When I am in a group, I just hope to nobody change my mark, or have a better mark

This should be high priority, at least for the long time waiting.

Greets.
Barpat.

PS: Sorry for my english.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Did they ever mention why both mouse buttons can target anyway?

Also, are there other games our there that do that? This is the first I’ve come across with this configuration.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Suggestions

Posted by: sauceonside.3148

sauceonside.3148

please fix this anet. i don’t need nice aesthetics anymore when i can’t even properly control the most basic/vital part of this game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Still locking on my pet in while turning, running, in combat or out . This should not be neglected. It is terrible on my ranger.

Annoying on other classes, turning while fighting a Karka and locking on “a shovel” for instance.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

This issue affects my play in all aspects of the game so badly (high mobility dual pistol thief) that I have logged in once for about 15 mins in the last 2.5 months.

The fact that there has been no serious feedback or comment on the issue from the developers is so discouraging that I am seriously considering kicking this poop into touch and having an MMO detox until Defiance pops up in April.

This could be such a good game if some of the ‘core’ gameplay issues (and this issue is definitely one of those) could be fixed. As I mentioned earlier some meaningful feedback acknowledging that the issue is understood by the devs would be nice and at least offer some hope for a future fix.

(edited by RoShamBo.2618)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

This topic has to be kept alive. Underwater today on my Ranger, targeting my pet, yellow crabs, yellow jellyfish, missing Barracuda adds chewing on my posterior because of it, frustrating. The all axis combat underwater makes this even worse than it is on land.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChocoCee.7243

ChocoCee.7243

Add option please!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

Thanks for understanding.

It’s annoying as kitten to right-click to turn around and by accident leave target because you right-clicked on a kitten teammate. That’s reason enough to make an option to disable right-click targeting.

Xifix | Thief

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Hi Aeranima!

I’m aware of the feedback from Gaile but that’s more a case of us being fobbed off as is proved by the lack of any meaningful follow up since.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

This thread needs more attention, has been 3 months since Anet answer something. Am not a coder or anything but I I think that making an option to disable it shouldn’t be that difficult.

We’re out of chicken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I also accidentally select things all the time with right click camera turn it’s really frustrating. I hope they add an option for this even though they said they aren’t.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Everflame.1305

Everflame.1305

All I can say is, please Anet, listen to the people that actually play your game. This has to be fixed asap. Don’t fall into the same trap as certain other mmo’s and release a bunch of new stuff without atteneding to fixes players are crying out for. This particular issue sucks, and can easily ruin any carefully planned strategy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barpat.3516

Barpat.3516

Keeping this alive. This should be always on top, or at least in first page.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Keeping this alive. This should be always on top, or at least in first page.

I completely agree. It needs to be kept in the devs’ faces until they offer up some sort of acknowledgement of the issue. Don’t they play their own game? Are they all keyboard turners? I just can’t understand why this is not being understood as a major issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I target something with left click and as I’m constantly moving the camera with right click, it’s constantly targeting things I don’t want targeted. I’d love it if ArenaNet disabled right click targeting or at least added an option for it, because it’s really annoying.

Suggestion: At the topic states, a toggle to disable it. A HUGE amount of people believe that simply making right click target on mouse release instead of mouse down, that it would fix the problem, but I still feel I would randomly target things. Example being when I target something, turn my camera just a little to get a different view, and release on a huge group of people (that I obviously do not want to be targeted.) Perhaps we could have an option for all 3?

Here is the Reddit thread (I would have posted here earlier but was unable) if anyone wants to read more feedback:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/105hmc/is_it_just_me_or_should_right_click_not_target/

Signed

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Did.2683

Did.2683

This. A thousand times this.

Hopefully anet will fix this soon.

in Suggestions

MithranArkanere.8957

This problem keeps coming up.

Yesterday, an engineer in the party, while doing Ascalon Catacombs, removed his own turrets while also opening coffins at the entrance. And the guy said he just moved the camera a few times.

We had to leave and re-enter, this time only one getting inside to open coffins and everyone else outside the room.
And the guy stopped using turrets altogether when I told him why were they disappearing all the time.
Turns out he though they had a timer, but it was him picking them very time he move the camera.

This problem is extremely annoying, to the point that a quick build should be made ASAP just for this.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

God yes, please change this. I accidentally target things on a minutely basis while steering the camera. Many times this has resulted in death.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I completely agree. It needs to be kept in the devs’ faces until they offer up some sort of acknowledgement of the issue. Don’t they play their own game? Are they all keyboard turners? I just can’t understand why this is not being understood as a major issue.

I’m quite confused as to why there’s been no meaningful feedback on this issue since it was addressed by a staff member months ago.

This should be a priority issue. /signed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

There is no reason why this has yet to be changed. It would take minimal effort and simple solution. right mouse camera only. Fixed. See i think its just terrible production management. Plus, the pisspoor community relations. Something that is obviously affecting such a huge amount of player base and that is being ignored means Anet does not care about players only greenbacks. keep pushing more content so we buy more stuff. Right Anet? How much did u pull off gem sales?

Stop making things more sparkly and fix THE IMPORTANT ITEMS. Not too mention still so many broken traits and skills. You know the things that directly affect the game play and make it more and more less enjoyable.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

Yes! I have been requesting this for 6 months now!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dwarvenpit.8237

Dwarvenpit.8237

I target something with left click and as I’m constantly moving the camera with right click, it’s constantly targeting things I don’t want targeted. I’d love it if ArenaNet disabled right click targeting or at least added an option for it, because it’s really annoying.

Suggestion: At the topic states, a toggle to disable it. A HUGE amount of people believe that simply making right click target on mouse release instead of mouse down, that it would fix the problem, but I still feel I would randomly target things. Example being when I target something, turn my camera just a little to get a different view, and release on a huge group of people (that I obviously do not want to be targeted.) Perhaps we could have an option for all 3?

Here is the Reddit thread (I would have posted here earlier but was unable) if anyone wants to read more feedback:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/105hmc/is_it_just_me_or_should_right_click_not_target/

+1, seriously annoying issue, been feeling it since day one.

Fr – Jade Sea

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlyingK.9720

FlyingK.9720

I support removing right click targeting. I too find it incredibly annoying to be using the right click to move the camera and lose my target because of the right click targeting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: edgethebrave.2845

edgethebrave.2845

yes yes plz plz make the option. it’s VERY annoying!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

+1 it’s been 4 month and no news about it….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

A-net needs to stop making pointless content (as fun as it is) and give us character stability and that includes UI controls.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nine Stories.2563

Nine Stories.2563

agree, i use “right drag” all the time during the battle too.
so this option might be very useful for me.

and furthermore…
i hope also disable to pop-up party context menu with the option
but this is morelike.. due to hard to find my mouse cursor quickly..
so i hope i can change cursor icon to more remarkable and distiguishable from background.. and not disappear during the drag

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

agree, i use “right drag” all the time during the battle too.
so this option might be very useful for me.

and furthermore…
i hope also disable to pop-up party context menu with the option
but this is morelike.. due to hard to find my mouse cursor quickly..
so i hope i can change cursor icon to more remarkable and distiguishable from background.. and not disappear during the drag

Yup, mouse cursor disappearing during camera operation was another masterstroke from ArenaNet. It’s a far better idea than those other games that just leave the cusor visible and in place while you rotate the camera.

Yours truly,

Sarcastic Dave

in Suggestions

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Yup, mouse cursor disappearing during camera operation was another masterstroke from ArenaNet. It’s a far better idea than those other games that just leave the cusor visible and in place while you rotate the camera.

[…]

While you are in camera mode, two things happen:

• Selection and aim moves to the center of the screen.
  • The cursor stays in place.

This means that ground targeting will happen where the mouse pointer actually is, but projectiles and auto-targeting will consider the center of the screen as the cursor.
So leaving the cursor visible would not be enough. There would have to be a crosshair too.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

sooo… this post has been up awhile… any date we can expect to see an option to disable right click targeting? or shall i continue to increase my skill at using the mouse during combat as little as possible?… please for the love of god fix this annoying feature… i went back to gw1 to farm my last title for gwamm and while i was frustrated at not being able to dodge or swap, i loved that my targeting was not impaired by my camera angle controls. please please please i cannot believe that noone at anet has not noticed this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

As said, if this is not on top, new threads will arrive.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Target-Change-Issue

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Problem-with-targeting

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/cursor-color-AND-right-click-turn

This is serious problem. Really really hope that 26. day this fix will come.

Fix. Controls. First.

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

(edited by Patu.9827)

in Suggestions

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

Yes! I have been requesting this for 6 months now!

Yea same here..

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Our development team reviews play input on a regular basis. They are aware of this suggestion, but have not yet reached a decision on what changes, if any, they will make to targeting.

There is a lot going on right now with the upcoming event, but after that, the team will take a look at a lot of different game elements, and may make some changes in the future.

Sorry I don’t have more specific information, but you can be sure this is not being ignored or rejected without due consideration.

Thanks for understanding.

3 months gone by since this post. A quarter of a year. Is there really nothing further you can tell us about this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Have to say it’s really annoying having to fight the interface as well as the mobs.

Judging by the lack of feedback, the devs don’t see this as an issue. One wonders if they really do play the game they created…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Would a petition work? Personally I love kiting a champion and accidentally clicking a veteran with a camera rotation. Or going for a kill on a runner in PvP, adjust the camera, and hit someone else giving time for the heal/cripple removal.

Please give an option! Kitten, I’d be happy if they just disabled right click targeting period – you have left click to target, right click to pan. Assigning multiple functions to a single button is just plain poor design.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Ugh this problem gets in my way probably at least once every 5 minutes of play. It is really annoying and I wish they would give us more information on when a fix is coming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Fix this!

I’ve messed up so many skill activations because I have no target anymore…. or my target is now changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MightyJoeMoon.7463

MightyJoeMoon.7463

Seriously. I don’t understand why we have people building entire new lore based parts of the game when the most basic of features are absent.

Is this really that hard? FIX RIGHT CLICK TARGETING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

You’re destroying your beautiful game by frustrating people to no end.

in Suggestions

MithranArkanere.8957

Would a petition work? […]

Petitions are against the forum rules.

All we can do is voice our concerns.

In other words, nag until they do something.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

Several of my guildmates are absolutely convinced this is a bug and couldn’t possibly be something Anet would have intended. /sigh Nope… not a bug…

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taris.9730

Taris.9730

Adding my nag. This is so annoying!

I’ve had to bind my middle mouse button (clickable scroll wheel) to “Target nearest foe” so I can quickly get back on the attack after accidentally selecting a party member (or whatever) in the middle of a fight.

Anet, why oh why are you not fixing this? This can’t be intentional… can it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

And I can´t believe this is going on and on and no other dev came here and said anything about it. Gosh, just give us the option to disable it and make it enabled by default. I really can´t find why this doesn´t happened.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chovel.7654

Chovel.7654

4 months now and only half heartedly addressed. Pathetic. At least pretend you care about features people want in your game.