Anti-Zerg mechanic - collecting your ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Hi guys

I’m came up with an idea about certain activities which could encourage people going out in the world (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/how-to-make-old-zones-more-interesting-again/first#post910063) , but with that OR in certain events that might get into the game from Anets workshop it would come in handy to have a kind of Anti-Zerg mechanic in place in order to encourage people to stay in smaller groups but don’t run around in a Zerg.

so
-) we want people to play in smaller groups
-) we don’t want them to run around with the zerg

…for specific Events that might come up in the future.

So what this thread should be used for: gathering ideas for an anti-zerg mechanic.

I really loved the one mechanic from the Hunger Royale Event in one of the Beta-Events. People on a map constantly lost their life and had to eat one of the few survivial-rations which could be found rarely in the world. So people who went on their own stayed alive much longer, because they found their own rations. A group-buff to the 7 nearest people would probably work for smaller groups, but it’s a very spontaneous idea.

Do you have any good ideas? Don’t forget: there should be no grieving.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

The mechanics are already here. It’s called siege. My idea would simply be to rid us of the siege cap.

If a server commits vastly superior numbers to an attack they should stand a darn good chance of winning if they do it right. 5 shouldn’t hold off 30 reliably. The zerg isn’t an issue, it’s the lack of Terrans and Protoss. Nobody turtles an area properly like Terran, nor do people use clever area control to advance vs a Zerg. Example me as my ele using staff air 5 and earth 4 with some other ele’s in a doorway, to stop a Zerg marching in and instead getting that Zerg decimated by arrow carts. Happened.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Suggestions

Marcus Greythorne.6843

oh, I wasn’t talking about WvW… xD

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

I too think that events done by zerg are often just too chaotic to be fun.
When there are 20+ players shooting everywhere I don’t feel like I participate, instead I try to hit anything just to get loot.
If events were smaller or more widespread, each person could have a chance to actually see impact of it’s fighting.

When we battle a champion mob with a group of ~5 people, it’s very entertaining, every person counts and everyone must be carefull (Fractal dungeon does exactly that) but when we battled dragon with ~100 ppl, I could auto-attack him and go make dinner and my reward would just be waiting for me. In a word: it can be very boring.

Events that require a division of zerg would be perfect

in Suggestions

Marcus Greythorne.6843

hm it would be possible to spawn Event-groups next to each other instead of single events. What I mean with that: the content designers could add certain objectives to single events which are events in itself but relatively close to the mentioned event.

for example there is this event where you have to defend a norn-hut from invading bears. By the description above it could look like this:
-) the boy who was responsible for the bear invasion needs to be protected while he runs for help somewhere else.
-) the cattle around the hut could get nervous and you should keep those in their stable.

—> the more people are there, the more by-events activate (instead of simply bigger numbers of mobs/health)

I’m aware that this would be a lot of work, but instead of implementing new events on different timers, there could be implemented new events which are active while others are running.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

There are zergs in this game because the mobs are too hard, and too hard is not fun. Its more fun to feel powerful and get a prize. Even in a “zerg” the loot is so slim, its not very fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sebstyle.4830

sebstyle.4830

That would probably start with better grouping options.
The option to orginanize groups within a raid.