Better Guild tools for leaders and guildies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Hi all. I know some Guild stuff is going to be added this month with the update. However, I’m not certain none of these things are going to make the cut. I’d like to make a little suggestion list as a GW1 and 2 guild leader:

PRIORITARY:

· Give us a Guild Hall: I know this is already coming soon, but I really can’t emphasize enough how much this would help. For example, I’d like to be able to have meetings/parties/events in our Guild Hall like we did in GW1. Travel should also be free and leaving the Hall would port you back to the area you were before.
· Remove multi-guild system: I honestly believe this is the dumbest thing ever made in the game. People can join severals guilds and represent only one. If you’re not going to commit yourself to a single guild, why join it in the first place? What benefit does the guild have? It baffles me how some guilds just want to fill their member list with anything.
· Add an alliance system: Much like GW1 where we could gather as guilds into a single alliance. Working together, we could earn alliance influence to grant boons and benefits in WvW, PvE and PvP, similar to the current system.

MANAGEMENT TOOLS:
· Allow leaders to see last members last login
· Allow leaders to know the exact date when a member joined the guild
· Separate member list by rank: Say, you want to see the hierarchical list of users instead of a random mess of online/offline

COSMETIC:

· Guild Armor: There’s already the chest piece, but it’d be awesome if we could actually get the full set.

• Us leaders should be able to customize their looks like we can customize ranks.
  • It would also be cool to have different tiers for guild armor too. T1 for regulars, T2 for officers and T3 for the leader (and maybe others top tier guildies too).
  • These could be purchased with some sort of tokens awarded by contributing to the guild with influence and would provide guildies a sense of achievement and belonging.

· Full list of Guild Weapons: Don’t just limit the choice to a few weapons. Give us more options!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

I doubt any of this will be added, even though most people want it. I’ve seen countless amazing suggestion threads for more guild tools go ignored since last summer.

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Thorzilla.9124

We gotta keep pushing then! We need these tools, and it’s up to ANet to give them to us. See, I’m sure many more people wouldn’t mind putting up with the same content a few more months if they spent that time improving on guilds. I’ve heard of many friends leaving the game because they felt that the current guild system is just a glorified members list.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psychophant.5682

Psychophant.5682

The Multi-guild system is here to stay, and it is a godsend. It will never be removed as most people who aren’t guild leaders utilize it. If people aren’t repping your guild, and the multi-guild system was removed, they would simply leave your guild. It wouldn’t solve anything. Though it does make me laugh that some guilds exploit it to inflate their member lists.

Also, click the second arrow at the top of the guild roster when you initially open the menu. Boom, sorted by rank.

On that note however, the other two management tools you listed would be so amazingly useful, and I would think simple to implement. I don’t even kick inactives anymore because I keep telling myself they’ll release “last logged on” in the next patch, or the one after, or the one after…
Last logged on would allow me to reduce member-size bloat and get a better picture of the actual state of the guild.

Archon Moros
Lvl. 80 Abrasive
GM of [KAIN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I’ve seen tons of similar suggestions, and I supported every one of them, as i’ll do now.
I like how you’ve tried to make a nice, smooth summary

I can’t say it enough: YES, please remove multi-guilds OR allow us to see when someone last represented: we should be able to kick the inactives right?
The thing is, if they end up getting kicked anyways…, why allow multiple guilds in first place?!

Alliances: YES: we had them in gw1 and they were quite valuable. We want them back.

Tiers of guild armor sound nice. At the moment I’m quite dissapointed with guild armour, it looks like the cheapest pve armour there is.

More guild weapons: sure, but this isn’t really urgent.

I’d like to add Guild vs. Guild too.

@Awlbistle: seems like you’ve missed some news: they’ve announced an update considering the Guild hall and player houses: hooray!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Thorzilla.9124

I’ve seen tons of similar suggestions, and I supported every one of them, as i’ll do now.
I like how you’ve tried to make a nice, smooth summary

I can’t say it enough: YES, please remove multi-guilds OR allow us to see when someone last represented: we should be able to kick the inactives right?
The thing is, if they end up getting kicked anyways…, why allow multiple guilds in first place?!

Alliances: YES: we had them in gw1 and they were quite valuable. We want them back.

Tiers of guild armor sound nice. At the moment I’m quite dissapointed with guild armour, it looks like the cheapest pve armour there is.

More guild weapons: sure, but this isn’t really urgent.

I’d like to add Guild vs. Guild too.

@Awlbistle: seems like you’ve missed some news: they’ve announced an update considering the Guild hall and player houses: hooray!

Did they mention guild hall and player housing recently? Don’t recall seeing anything in their Facebook.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

I must have missed the mention of guild halls. If so that’s pretty cool, but it doesn’t help me with guild management unfortunately.

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I can’t see them changing multi-guilds this far past release, just isn’t going to happen.

They can certainly add Alliance chat and officer chat. Members last “login” or last “represent” times would be very helpful for managing and trimming guild rosters. Guild Hall would be nice.

Foremost I’d like to see some kind of “guild commander” upgrade or a way for multiple groups to coordinate better. The commander and squad system in it’s current form is useless for private guild groups running together.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Thorzilla.9124

Could we give this post an up? What are your suggestions? Let’s keep threads like these up so Anet can see!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features for the part on guild halls/player houses

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rakanis.7152

Rakanis.7152

I have to agree, that is something that I was looking forward too. Also to the multi-guild thing, I don’t really understand it, but it works for me. Say your in a guild that doesn’t WvW or PvP that much well then you need to find a guild that does, but you don’t want to leave the guild that you in because you have a lot of friends in said guild, so you go out and find another guild that does WvW or PvP and you let them know that you will be with them during said events and with the other guild at other times. I think that is what the Devs where trying to do, but I have been wrong before.

in Suggestions

Thorzilla.9124

I have to agree, that is something that I was looking forward too. Also to the multi-guild thing, I don’t really understand it, but it works for me. Say your in a guild that doesn’t WvW or PvP that much well then you need to find a guild that does, but you don’t want to leave the guild that you in because you have a lot of friends in said guild, so you go out and find another guild that does WvW or PvP and you let them know that you will be with them during said events and with the other guild at other times. I think that is what the Devs where trying to do, but I have been wrong before.

I understand the usefulness for some, but that’s where Alliances came in GW1. For example, if my guild was doing dungeons back in the original and someone wanted to to a co-op mission, they could ask the alliance chat, yet still be part of our guild and feel like a part of something bigger you know? It was all about belonging before.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Hi all. I know some Guild stuff is going to be added this month with the update. However, I’m not certain none of these things are going to make the cut. I’d like to make a little suggestion list as a GW1 and 2 guild leader:

PRIORITARY:

· Give us a Guild Hall: I know this is already coming soon, but I really can’t emphasize enough how much this would help. For example, I’d like to be able to have meetings/parties/events in our Guild Hall like we did in GW1. Travel should also be free and leaving the Hall would port you back to the area you were before.

I’m fairly certain this is already in the works. Or so I’ve heard multiple times.

· Remove multi-guild system: I honestly believe this is the dumbest thing ever made in the game. People can join severals guilds and represent only one. If you’re not going to commit yourself to a single guild, why join it in the first place? What benefit does the guild have? It baffles me how some guilds just want to fill their member list with anything.

No, its a fabulous system.

· Add an alliance system: Much like GW1 where we could gather as guilds into a single alliance. Working together, we could earn alliance influence to grant boons and benefits in WvW, PvE and PvP, similar to the current system.

Since this is from GW1, I do believe they are already working on this one also

MANAGEMENT TOOLS:

The part I especially like about these suggestions is: “Allow leaders to see”. Tbh I think if this info was shown to regular members, it could create pressure to kick your friends who are not quite as active as you in GW2 from your guild. So yeah, emphasis on the leader to see. I do like this suggestion however.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I don’t have a problem with a multi-guild system, but the rest of your ideas seem sound. I don’t really like the guild armors at all and think they need a rework or update. Guild leaders definitely need better management tools. There’s not even a question about that.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Last log in times definitely ^^

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Specs.2195

Specs.2195

MANAGEMENT TOOLS:
· Separate member list by rank: Say, you want to see the hierarchical list of users instead of a random mess of online/offline

This type of thing is incredibly important, especially to large guilds. I find it strange that it wasn’t implemented considering that it was in GW1. I understand that it might not be a high priority considering the number of guilds at max capacity, but it should be an easy fix and there really isn’t a good reason to not have it in game.

There is no signature here.

in Suggestions

Thorzilla.9124

I’m posting a brand new suggestion in another thread, regarding alliances. The new guild missions definitely need an Alliance system. Please support our plea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaskra.6940

Jaskra.6940

Agree with Thorzilla.9124’s post on all accounts. We need a better way to manage the roster that doesn’t require massive time effort and micromanaging on the guild leader’s part to do this. I tried to allocate this information in a spreadsheet to track the people in my guild because people can be in multiple guilds and are added by their user ID and not the character. I did this so we could have an ACTIVE roster, but it ended up being a part-time job for gods sake. In the end once I couldn’t handle doing it anymore, (because it was blatantly ruining the game for myself) the effort to keep people active went to waste just due to mass amounts of people in guild. My guild has over 200 people. We need better a better management system!

Two things I would like to add to Thorzilla.9124’s suggestions:

1) Guild Message of the Day Posted in Guild Chat

This should be posted in guild chat upon login!!!! Hardly anyone looks at the roster regularly from what I’ve seen. If the kitten message was posted in guild chat upon login the people would actually have some semblance of communication in game on a mass scale for guilds. I don’t know about other guild leaders, but even with maintaining an active forum it is horrendously hard to get people to join on a guild website so they can get updated news about events in a casual guild. This would at least help somewhat!

2) Guild Info Tab/Page

The guild panel should have a section that is for basic information where the guild can post:

1. Brief Summary
2. Website Info
3. VOIP (TS/Vent/Mumble) Info

The Guild Message of the Day should not have to be used for this!

If the panel had these two options it would allow for much better in-game communication!

Thank you for listening.

Jaskra Ryonative ~ Mesmer
Meredith Nic Éssus ~ Necromancer
[Blackgate]

(edited by Jaskra.6940)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaskra.6940

Jaskra.6940

Ummm, Guild Wide emails? anyone? COME ON!

Need a way of sending mails to all my guildies about changes and event coordination. I waste so much time pasting in announcements and sending them one at a time to guild members. Waiting on the messing to not be blocked. Thankfully the guild is not huge otherwise i would never get to play.

Why cannot I not have a system to send Mail to: All guild members or Guild members of a specific rank??? The system should work as a sign-up service if you are in the guild you “opt-in” for guild mails from other guildies with the permissions to send guild mails.

The permission could be managed like any other permission given by higher ranking guild members.

BTW guys your “History” tab in the guild pane has all the info on member’s join dates. I rank by time in guild and cooperation. So this is important to me. I built a excel doc to help track membership and participation. (someone has a touch of the OCD)

Once you get enough data in the history, the “join date” disappears….>_> I agree on the mass mail system this would be extremely helpful for mass communication.

Jaskra Ryonative ~ Mesmer
Meredith Nic Éssus ~ Necromancer
[Blackgate]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Echoing the call for being able to see at least last login and preferably last rep date too. The former was in GW1 and yet there’s not even a hint of “it’s coming down the line” in GW2.

There are also numerous tweaks that could be made to the permissions system. Turning Trove and Cave into separate permissions would be good. Separating out the abilities to invite and to kick would be even better.

The MotD/information panel side of things is another huge pet peeve. 150 characters or whatever it actually is is not sufficient to properly cover anything more than heavily abbreviated versions of your VOIP server details, your website link and what’s happening that day. Keeping things succinct is nice and all, but basic guild info should probably be in its own section, keeping the MotD itself free for, well, information that actually changes on a daily basis.

A lot of the rest of the ideas thrown around are nice, but those three concepts are probably the most important to basic functionality right now.

Sea of Sorrows