Better female armor options

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This has probably been brought up quite often, but can we get better female armors? Armors other than the bikini outfits and shameless sexy lolita costumes? I’m assuming GW2 has a decent amount of female gamers, who would like to have armors that do not just appeal to a male audience. I would love to see more functional armor that doesn’t revolve around exposed cleavage, or showing off under garments.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Need more form fitting and sexy female armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

http://www.gw2armor.com/

Light
4 sets that shows no skine except for head
At least a dozen that looks decent

Medium
Needs more sexy outfits in my opinion

Heavy
See medium
“Armor has boobs”
Do you want to wear a barrel?

If people just happen to all be wearing skimpy armors, that’s because they want to :P
My ranger is wearing non-sexy armor, and I’m a guy
I plan to deck my thief in very revealing armor

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

I think there are more female gamers that like those exposing concepts than you would think. XD But that’s purerly my opinion and my friends view (yesp, girls too).
So yeah, they appeal to males and females (no, not talking about lessy bee yans), But.. there could be more armors that are more cough realistic cough. Yeah.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genevra.6318

Genevra.6318

I’m pretty happy with the existing armors for the “humanoid” races, i.e. Human, Norn, and Sylvari. The light armors offer a mix of revealing and covering armors (I’m a female gamer, and I tend to prefer the more revealing armors myself ). The medium and heavy armors tend towards more concealing but still have many attractive options. My main complaints are regarding the armor for the Charr and Asura:

1. Why is the female armor exactly the same as the male armor? Yes, there isn’t much body shape difference between a male Charr/Asuran and female Charr/Asuran, but there should be differences in their aesthetics. After all, the differences between male and female Human fashion (in game or IRL) aren’t solely dictated by body shape.

2. Can we have some female Charr armor that isn’t butt-ugly? My female Charr engineer is currently wearing the Heritage armor skin because there aren’t any medium Charr armors that I like. And as much as I would like to create another Charr character, I can’t convince myself to yet because there are NO Charr armor looks that I find appealing in light, medium, or heavy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Charr not wearing gender-specific armor is a lore thing. All Charr wear the same gear regardless of gender. Makes sense for a warlike culture who would likely value protection over “sexyness” and at least outside of the Flame Legion doesn’t really differentiate gender roles at all.

Not sure if Asura are the same, but I wouldn’t really be suprised if they were too wrapped up in their science to care about that sort of thing. Although I’ve heard people say the reason Asura dont’ get any revealing clothing is because of Asura looking like children and Anet not wanting to risk depicting “children” in revealing clothing (also possibly the reason their underwear is a swimsuit).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Charr not wearing gender-specific armor is a lore thing. All Charr wear the same gear regardless of gender. Makes sense for a warlike culture who would likely value protection over “sexyness” and at least outside of the Flame Legion doesn’t really differentiate gender roles at all.

Not sure if Asura are the same, but I wouldn’t really be suprised if they were too wrapped up in their science to care about that sort of thing. Although I’ve heard people say the reason Asura dont’ get any revealing clothing is because of Asura looking like children and Anet not wanting to risk depicting “children” in revealing clothing (also possibly the reason their underwear is a swimsuit).

For the Charr reason is exactly as stated above.

The only reason I have found for the Asura is because Asura do not care about physical appearance. To them they find a suitable mate through their Intellectual endeavors and achievements rather than, " kitten She got a nice rack", when in reality it is, " So he won the snaff prize 3 years in a row and the council is inducting her theory of temporal displacement in the halls of research, that is such a stimulating quality about him."

Personally I like the fact that Arena Net has stuck to a lore rather than eye candy aesthetics, it is a nice change in the pace of MMO’s

Lastly I know more Female gamers that deck their characters out in Sexy revealing outfits than I know male gamers that do.

One cookie to anyone that can reference the musical group I cited in my example.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Just for humans, I count about 20 armor sets just in the light armor category that are concealing (long skirt/pants with long sleeves) for females with about 10 that show their mid-drift and/or quite a bit of leg.

Going to the opposite end with heavy armor, there are only 2 maybe 3 sets that show any significant skin.

And it looks like only the tier 3 human medium set shows any significant skin.

Sexy armors got the shaft in GW2.

Sexy armors from GW1 I’d like to see in GW2 and the respective armor class:
Light Armor
Elite Scar Pattern armor brought back for Necromancers.
Enchanter and Elite Enchanter brought back for Mesmers
Probably ALL the Elementalist armors brought back

Medium Armor
Elite Druid armor brought back for Rangers
Canthan, Luxon, and Imperial armors from the Assassins brought back.

Heavy Armor
Elite Gladiator armor brought back for Warriors and Guardians.
Probably ALL the Paragon Armors

More armor choices would be nice along with class specific armors. But honestly, skimpy armor is the minority here so far since there is more concealing armor sets vs revealing armor sets in GW2.

Please look for yourself:
http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

I +1 this suggestion and wholeheartedly agree with Malafide.

I do not go in to a fight fully armored except for my boobs and crotch (Vigil “armor”).

Nor do I go in to battle in nice leggins and a pretty skirt, or a french maids outfit, or 5" heels and leggings that lace up the sides with fancy feathers and stuff.

I don’t do it in reality and the notion that I should in fantasy just because it’s fantasy is absurd. I will agree that there are less revealing options but most of them are ugly, a lot of the armor is glitchy and not designed to be pieced with items from other armor sets so if you want non-revealing top + non-revealing bottoms that look nice with your other 4 pieces of armor you are often out of luck.

Good fiction is believable fiction & this is my #1 pet peeve with current RPG’s. It’s not a historical standard in the gaming industry but it is a disgusting one that, quite frankly, needs to go the way of the Dodo.

I am not saying that all armor should be 100% realistic and true to it’s intended use but historically in the world of Tyria light & medium armors (in particular) were less sexualized, and women even wore PANTS in the past.

I think a good, strong example of where Anet has failed in this is if you choose a waifish/slim body type as a female humanoid with small breasts that characters breasts instantly amplify by 10 cup sizes when you put on some specific armors (Norn cultural comes to mind).

Truth be told I’d vote for a complete redesign of most armors. It really bothers me that 80% of the medium armor looks the same, with very little difference from one set to the other. Boo hiss to that.

On a different & slightly relevant note: I deleted my female Sylvari in less than 5 minutes because I couldn’t stand the perpetual orgasm coming from her every time she was attacked. Barf barf barf barf.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

<— male

My light armor wearing characters would appreciate less feminine armors – skirts, dresses, etc. I like sexy armors but my characters enjoy the darker side of combat and would appreciate not wearing schoolgirl outfits and ball gowns while on their genocidal rampages or give them a maniacal laugh when they kill something

Bring some class specific armor types back into the game like gw1 had.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

This has probably been brought up quite often, but can we get better female armors? Armors other than the bikini outfits and shameless sexy lolita costumes? I’m assuming GW2 has a decent amount of female gamers, who would like to have armors that do not just appeal to a male audience. I would love to see more functional armor that doesn’t revolve around exposed cleavage, or showing off under garments.

Most armors don’t revolve around cleavage and undergarments. You have no idea what you are talking about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I don’t see why there is so much hate against female armor sets in this game, or any armor set in general. There is such a diverse number of pieces to toy with in this game (36 different sets, 6 pieces per set), and with the use of the Transmute you can mix-and-match these things to your hearts content. I have still yet to run into a single warrior who looks the exact same as my main warrior (something I pride myself on).

Yes, I admit that I have not rolled a female character in this game (with such easy ways to avoid having any of my male characters flitting around in skirts, I find no reason to), but I have spent quite some time looking over most the available armor skins for most the races (sorry Charr, I just haven’t bother to make one of you yet) to see what was around. Maybe its the graphics settings that cause this “they all look the same” argument, cause they all look different to me (okay, so there are a lot of trench-coat type medium armors. that doesn’t mean they are literally the exact same thing).

As for the argument towards armor looking more realistic – the choice for realistic armor is still there, but what (I would imagine) most people playing a fantasy-based game want is a bit of fantasy. They want to run around with spikes on their armor to look menacing or cool, they want skulls and frills, because it’s specifically something that isn’t what is everyday. I can understand wanting some realistic stuff (oh whats this, chainmail and scales, studded leathers?) but complaining about realism of armor in a game that has dragons and other fantasy creatures in it strikes me as just silly. There’s a nice mix of fantasy and still some realism in it!

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

I’m tired of pointing out that GW2 heavy armor is NOT realistic. You can’t swim or dodge or run in real heavy armor. Battle lingerie is far more realistic than your full metal set.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’m female, and I like sexy armor. I don’t want to be hunkered down to ugly, clunky armor. I would enjoy more fashionable heavy and leather armor’s, though

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

Hmm…

I’m male and tend to favour dressing my female characters in sexy, yet not too revealing armour (Since, if I’m going to be looking at my character for hours upon hours, I’d like them to look nice)

But yet, looking through all the armour sets in the game I’ve noticed that there’s only about 1-2 non-fully clad heavy armours, a handful of slightly revealing medium armours (Most of them being cultural armours) and a few revealing light armours.

I very rarely see anything that isn’t “Cover yourself head to toe in Cloth/Leather/Plate” which leads me to believe that if you see a lot of people wearing scantily clad armour, it’s because they want to wear it rather than are forced to.

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

Using realism as an excuse to get less revealing armor into a fantasy game is absolutely absurd. Especially when guns, trebuchets , fireballs, crushing water depths, and a myriad of other ways to die present themselves. Heavy, realistic, armor is just as irrelevant at stopping bullets as any of the skimpy armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

As others posted there are only a few armors that actually show off cleavage or under garments in the game. The fact that the Winged set is so popular maybe means that people like that kind of armor? It’s not even high level or with high stats so it’s transmuted…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Forget it. There will undoubtedly be more armor sets in the future. They will probably come in both “covered” and “revealing” varieties, just as they do now. (With the possible exception of Medium armors – it seems that “Medium” is synonymous with “Trench Coat”. /sarcasm). As the game ages, most everyone will find SOMETHING they like.

What we need is better FITTING armor! Many skirts fit like a window ledge around the hips that you could set a pie on to cool. All the female Norn skirts flare way out in front so that they appear pregnant. (Compare side-by-side with humans in the same armor). And don’t get me started on shoulder armor! Armor designs are nice, but they REALLY need to be resized and re-aligned to the models.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

obastable.5231 Obviously missed the fact that over 80% of the armors in teh game are not revealing. He also complains that he is forced to see or use these armors and it is unfair, yet he wants them removed in light of realism, How is that fair to the people that want it?

@Hamfast.8719
I agree a lot of the skirts collision detectors are off and some are just over the top puffy, although puffy isn’t my issue I happen to like that. I just wish that is Arena net is going to make puffy Victorian bell style dresses in light armor then at least put in collision detection so our hands are not going through the dress.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

One word: pasties

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I’m a female and for female humanoid characters, I NEVER pick revealing armor. I want to portray my female characters as people—valued for strength, intellegence, and personality. Not just a pair of boobs designed to service men.

On the other hand, for my charr characters, I try to find the most revealing armor possible. The charr have really cool fur patterns, and I like to see the details of the fur pattern. Also, I’M SO GLAD the charr have the same armor for male and female. Arenanet worked so hard to make the female charr cool—giving them armor that is in any way less kitten then the male armor would be a shame.

There’s nothing wrong with exposing or unrealistic armor, and there’s nothing wrong with attractive looking characters. The problem comes in when some armors send the message “My body is a toy, my only purpose (as a female) is to pleasure you”

That said, Guild Wars 2 has a decent selection of armors. It’s much easier for male characters to have non-skimpy armor then female—but it’s not hard for females to find something covering. I think it’s ok the way it is, because people can choose what they want to wear. The one thing they could change is to make light female starter armor more reasonable. It should look like the starter male armor—maybe with some cleavage to compromise between “modest” and “revealing”, but right now it’s rediculous.

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

tier 3 human medium armor is something even a street walker wouldn’t be caught dead in.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

I’m a female and for female humanoid characters, I NEVER pick revealing armor. I want to portray my female characters as people—valued for strength, intellegence, and personality. Not just a pair of boobs designed to service men.

On the other hand, for my charr characters, I try to find the most revealing armor possible. The charr have really cool fur patterns, and I like to see the details of the fur pattern. Also, I’M SO GLAD the charr have the same armor for male and female. Arenanet worked so hard to make the female charr cool—giving them armor that is in any way less kitten then the male armor would be a shame.

There’s nothing wrong with exposing or unrealistic armor, and there’s nothing wrong with attractive looking characters. The problem comes in when some armors send the message “My body is a toy, my only purpose (as a female) is to pleasure you”

That said, Guild Wars 2 has a decent selection of armors. It’s much easier for male characters to have non-skimpy armor then female—but it’s not hard for females to find something covering. I think it’s ok the way it is, because people can choose what they want to wear. The one thing they could change is to make light female starter armor more reasonable. It should look like the starter male armor—maybe with some cleavage to compromise between “modest” and “revealing”, but right now it’s rediculous.

Clothing does not dictate behavior. It is something that has always annoyed me about clothing. Ideally, skimpy clothing shouldn’t mean kittenty, but because it does, the kittenty people wear it and reaffirm the stereotype. That said, in this game there is nothing whatsoever that would even come close to suggesting a female character is saying ‘use me’ by wearing skimpy clothes. That is simply applying real world realities to a fake world game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I’d say the real problem is that it’s one-sided. Instead of making more concealing gear for females make more sexy gear for males. All those med trenchcoats just look made for it, unbutton a few of them and you get some instant eye candy for the ladies.
;-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uzima.7904

Uzima.7904

I would love to see more skin showing armor sets and I’m female. To me, the female armor is too covered up, and not showing enough skin…maybe I’m use to seeing Blade and Soul armor (which I love by the way). I would do dungeons over and over again and PVP and WVW for these type of armor sets.

Anyways, just my taste and opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’d say the real problem is that it’s one-sided. Instead of making more concealing gear for females make more sexy gear for males. All those med trenchcoats just look made for it, unbutton a few of them and you get some instant eye candy for the ladies.
;-)

How about medium armor without a trenchcoat for any gender? >_<
It was nice when they added that option in GW1 but it doesn’t mean they needed to go all out in GW2 and put a trenchcoat on everything. At least they’ve mostly gotten over their spike fetish → http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Assassin_armor

Getting back to the actual topic, it would be nice if they can bring back some of the GW1 sets such as these http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/64/Mesmer_Monument_armor_f.jpg http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Monk_armor

Overall I think GW1 had a better balance between skimpy and not. It also had better looking armor. They may look inferior to the GW2 armors but that is largely due to polycount. Most GW2 sets can’t seem to decide if they are pants, long skirt or short skirt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

Agreed. I don’t want my human female engineer to look like a ninja or pirate with a big gun when I wear medium armor…and certainly not an explorer working up in the north pole with those ugly puffy looking exotic medium armor coats. The current armors either make me look like another profession (like thief or ranger) or makes me look fat, as if I’m wearing an oversized jacket. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is the cutting of the armor needs work. It’s either too long, too baggy/big or a combination of both. It just doesn’t look good on every profession.

And for the light armors, they look too revealing. Not everyone wants their elementalist to look like a playboy model wearing a bikini.

I say design 1-2 nice looking armors per profession (not by type of armor, like light, medium, heavy). For engineers, they would look spectacular with steam-punk style medium armors, it would go well with their pistols or guns. Some trench coats are nice but rather long (a little too long if you ask me) and the gloves are generally NOT nice-looking. I like the length of the heritage medium armor, maybe something along the lines of that kind but make it a hybrid trench coat of some sort (not a trench coat but something that incorporates the heritage armor and steam punk genre)? The heritage armor makes me look like a ranger with a gun but whatever, it is much better than the crafted med armor sets you make as a huntsman.

P.S. – I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing the tier 3 cultural human medium armor. Just saying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I tend to agree.

The number of comments your character gets playing the game is reason enough to provide more variation. Have the skimpy stuff for those that like it, but also provide stylish appropriate and more realistic looking options.
Variety is the spice of life.
And yes, I’d love to see some GW1 armors and styles added!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flamehawk.9421

Flamehawk.9421

Im a female and a played guildwars one i actually loved my low lvl tyrian leather and my studded leather ranger armors. Studded leather was so Xena like it was awesomeThe elite druid was kinda cool too made me think of maybe a wood nymph or something like that. Id like to see some of the armors from gw1 come back or just better looking armors particualry medium armor in general.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NateDog.6408

NateDog.6408

On a different & slightly relevant note: I deleted my female Sylvari in less than 5 minutes because I couldn’t stand the perpetual orgasm coming from her every time she was attacked. Barf barf barf barf.

ROFL I had the same thought it was almost like female Sylvari were designed by pervs or something roflcakes.

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST

in Suggestions

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

All the armors including light are surprisingly “realistic” and look like actual armor – well covered and layered. Very few are deliberately sexy and revealing. Unless you’re complaining the small handful of revealing armor or consider an uncovered neckline or waistline to be too sexy…

Even for light I had trouble picking out the most revealing outfits – winged was the only one I thought to be “wow Asian sexy/perverted” and 2 off the top of my head had the skirt-with-stockings type of look with some leg showing.

They really could add more sleek and revealing armor for leather (not bondage type stuff obviously). And sleeker armor for heavy. Sexy doesn’t have to mean showing boobies or panties.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Some of the women on this forum act as if all women think relieving armor is sexiest. This is not true at all. Ex:How many women like Bettie Page? A kittening lot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellie.3615

Ellie.3615

I actually like armor that reveals the skin, and I’m a girl :P. But there should also be more armor options for those who don’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I can’t help but agree. Even though most medium and heavy armors are covered there needs to be more armors that are not form fitting like regular womens clothing or that have boob cups and cleavage. I’m no nun, but I have a certain preference how a warrior-type should look like. So I’m always more for practical even tho I do value aesthetics. Armor must be cool without conforming strictly to the traditional rule of sexy armors which can be fun but make no sense.

I think if I want to look like formless space marine I should be able to lol. I’m not playing fem chars so I can look at their bodies just like guys don’t roll male chars so they can stare at theirs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I can’t help but agree. Even though most medium and heavy armors are covered there needs to be more armors that are not form fitting like regular womens clothing or that have boob cups and cleavage. I’m no nun, but I have a certain preference how a warrior-type should look like. So I’m always more for practical even tho I do value aesthetics. Armor must be cool without conforming strictly to the traditional rule of sexy armors which can be fun but make no sense.

I think if I want to look like formless space marine I should be able to lol. I’m not playing fem chars so I can look at their bodies just like guys don’t roll male chars so they can stare at theirs.

Now, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong (I have no female characters), but isn’t there 3 or 4 of the dungeon set-armors (the exotic ones) that fit that aesthetic value (IE non “boob” plates)?

Also folks, let’s not forget that the old Spartans where some of the most formidable warriors around, and their bronze cuirass of the time period frequently had muscles and pecks engraved into it. Massive amounts of fluting and the likes where especially frequent in the old Germanic Gothic plate armors as well. Yes – I realize none of this is “boob plates” (because that is intrinsically counter productive to a real set of armor), but lets have a little classic fantasy thrown in with our dragon-battling, shall we?

Again, I would urge everyone to go look at the gw2armorgallery just so they can see all the stuff that’s available (maybe it’ll help you all find some of the more specific armor styles your looking for). Undoubtedly we will end up getting some more (hopefully horizontal) armor selections as time goes on (read: Expansions), but as an interesting side not to anyone wishing for GW armors past – Remember to look at the Heavy Exotic armor from the Crucible of Eternity. I bet you’ll recognize it

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I’m tired of pointing out that GW2 heavy armor is NOT realistic. You can’t swim or dodge or run in real heavy armor. Battle lingerie is far more realistic than your full metal set.

Oh really? History would like to disagree with you there Here’s the Wiki page as it’s easier to cite on here and i’m lazy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxiliaries_

‘In Roman service, both their cavalry and infantry had perfected a technique for swimming across rivers wearing full armour and weapons.4849

Under sub-heading ‘Revolt of the Batavi (69–70 AD)’

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaede.9314

Kaede.9314

I’d like to see some more female-light armor pants, rather than skirts or what looks like leather restraints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

I think there are more female gamers that like those exposing concepts than you would think. XD But that’s purerly my opinion and my friends view (yesp, girls too).
So yeah, they appeal to males and females (no, not talking about lessy bee yans), But.. there could be more armors that are more cough realistic cough. Yeah.

One lesbian isn’t a bad word…I have no idea why you can’t spell it right. Two women are taught by society to encourage male likes and dislikes because if we don’t we get to feel outcasted or treated like kitten (ironic given what people are doing right now in this thread). Women don’t make choices outside of society just like men don’t. We don’t live in a vacuum. So it doesn’t matter if women like sexy armor or not. That itself isn’t a reason to dog pile someone who doesn’t. Note I’m not saying you are doing so at all. I was making a general statement. Third…really? Concepts? Are we not all adults here? Just call it breasts, butt, and stomach not hard.

(edited by fizzypop.6458)

in Suggestions

fizzypop.6458

No it isn’t. If you were using chain or heavy armor you weren’t wearing a swimsuit. That’s from a purely historical point of view. The feeling of armor comes from the materials it’s made out of as well. So different metals will be less/more heavy than others. No you can’t swim in a knight suit, but that’s because they weren’t designed to be worn for swimwear. Though you are correct it isn’t realistic. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t add more realistic armor even if it doesn’t function realistically. That’s what this person is asking for.

in Suggestions

fizzypop.6458

I’d like to see some more female-light armor pants, rather than skirts or what looks like leather restraints.

Yes, please! I want pants that don’t look puffy, have the sides cut off to show some non-existent hip, or worse are attached to some weird buttcape.

in Suggestions

fizzypop.6458

Oh really? History would like to disagree with you there Here’s the Wiki page as it’s easier to cite on here and i’m lazy:

‘In Roman service, both their cavalry and infantry had perfected a technique for swimming across rivers wearing full armour and weapons.4849

the romans were just freaking great at everything weren’t they?

in Suggestions

Posted by: NateDog.6408

NateDog.6408

Umm alot of of the heavy armor is heavy knight armor which did not exist yet during the Roman era, for the Romans the bulk of their armor pieces were made out of leather with studs which is considerably ligher than iron and steel plates.

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

We need more medium armors that aren’t trenchcoat+pants. That’s about it – heavy and light have a good mix of sexy and practical already.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

Nonsense. This whole post. Keep them kittenty!

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I know there are good lore reasons for asura and charr lack of diversity, but Arenanet advertised that we’d be getting a choice in how our armour would look. I would like my asura to be able to choose to look a little more feminine, my guild has very few asura, plenty of reason for their fashion to influence mine :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

That was leather armor, as NateDog said.

Here’s another historical example, with real knights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Ice#The_battle

in Suggestions

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

I agree but its not just guys who like it you know. There’s plenty of female gamers who will choose to wear skimpy armor if presented a choice but yes you should be given a choice in armors.

One of the main things I liked about this game as a guy was I could actually make a pretty small scrawny character. Something other then a body building steroid abusing WWE wrestler for my Avatar was a nice change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

As long as there is an option for both. As a matter of fact, more options in general would be nice. I would love to make my human male elementalist fat for example. That being said, I love the look of my sexy norn female mesmer, though my human female necromancer feels the need for less revealing light armor but has yet found anything (apart from dungeon armor which I cannot grinding for) good looking enough to suit my necromancer (the low/mid level karma armor looks kind of necromantish with the skull helmet and all but I think it looks like crap).

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

There are way more covering sets then there are revealing sets. Only light armor has a decent amount of revealing. Also, I’m a female and prefer the skimpier stuff. It isn’t just for the guys. And given that sylvari skin glows, and norns have tattoos, I’m really surprised they gimped on the revealing armor for medium and heavy.

Gamer Gal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

Our US Military has to conduct swim qualifications in full battle armor. You’d be surprised at how well you actually float with some of that stuff on. Pockets of air everywhere.